When fate plays its game 5

Forever & Always {AWESOMELY COMPLETED}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She was caught in between—to the one who wants to spend the future with her and the other who wanted to bring back the past and mend things…

 

“Kajima...”

 

It resonated in her heart. She was indecisive but when she looked at Hyukjae, realization struck her.

 

“Kaja, Jessica.”

 

Otteokaji? She gazed at her arm that was held by Donghae. She carefully removed his hands from her. “Let's just forget about the past, Donghae-ssi, and move on. I'll soon become your cousin's wife, so let's treat each other well.”

 

Upon hearing it, Hyukjae smiled in victory. “That's my girl.” He was unaware that his cousin was upset now.

 

Donghae's anger and jealousy rose like lava. All his pent-up emotions caused him to walk out of the place on threw a punch on the wall. Tears streamed down his eyes as he held his bleeding fist.

 

Why does it have to be her?

 

“Donghae-ah,” Yejin was there to comfort him again. “It wasn't Hyukjae's fault. It was auntie and Dr. Jung who decided about it.”

 

“But why does it have to be Jessica?” he said in agony.

 

“They are just victims here, Donghae-ah.” She was trying to make him understand the whole thing. Fate really was against him and Jessica. It always separated them. And this tripled his heartbreak.

 

---

 

Days Later

 

“Sica-ah, wake up.” Sukjin knocked at her door. “You have a visitor downstairs.”

 

“Aish—who is going to come here this early?” she complained, half-awake while glancing at the clock on the bedside table. It was only 7 am. Still early—I want to sleep more. She covered her face with a pillow but her dad continued to hit the door.

 

"Come out quickly. We'll eat breakfast together."

 

That person better not be, Heechul-oppa. "Urgh!" she quickly got up from bed and went down without washing up first. She angrily marched to their kitchen where she saw Hyukjae—her fiancé.

 

"Good morning, Jessica!” he greeted with his gummiest smile.

 

She gasped. What the hell is he doing here? Then, she realized she was still on her pajamas. Her face turned red at once. How embarrassing—“Excuse me, I’ll wash up first.”

 

She dashed to her room in a flash—pondering on how careless she was. She’s a girl and must do her morning rituals before leaving her room. And what is Hyukjae doing in their house so early in the morning? What’s with the surprise visit?

 

---

 

“Why did you come here without a warning? You should’ve called me,” Jessica said, annoyed, when she entered his car.

 

Hyukjae went to their house to fetch her. He asked Sukjin if he’ll allow her to go on a tour with him today. But he said that he doesn’t need to ask permission since he’ll be her husband.

 

“How should I if I don’t have your phone number?”

 

“You didn’t ask for it before?” she snapped—still upset for his sudden visit.

 

“But you didn’t gave me a chance to ask it to you,” he answered, matter-of-factly.

 

She parted her lips to respond but only to close it again. She was speechless because he was right. But she had reasons for avoiding him that time. “Give me your phone,” she then said.

 

“What?” He handed her the gadget. He watched her with raised brows as she saved her number on his phone. A smile crept up on his lips when she gave it back. He put it on the dashboard, then, happily started the engine. This will be the happiest journey of my life. I’ll make sure you’ll enjoy it, Jessica.

 

“By the way, where are we going?”

 

“To ____” (AN: wherever place in Korea that has river cruising or boating)

 

“Ah—alright,” she said curtly and focused her attention on the sceneries outside. The whole ride was quiet but Hyukjae was more than happy to think that he’s on his first date with Jessica—the first time that he didn’t reject him. Of course, she won’t—I’m her fiancé already. He was thankful to his mom. It turns out that her matchmaking would give him the woman of his dreams.

 

---

 

Hyukjae and Jessica arrived in ___ after a few hours. He brought her to the riverbanks where she could see the boats lined up on the dock.

 

“What are we going to do here?”

 

He responded with a smile. “We’ll ride on those. We can rent one here.”

 

She gave him a what-look. “Are you serious—” the sky suddenly roared—scaring h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter