SC3.1: Best Boy Friend

Forever & Always {AWESOMELY COMPLETED}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

May 2029

 

After a long tiring day at the university, I slumped on Junmyeon-oppa’s soft bed.  I rolled over from one side to another while waiting for him.

 

“When did you get here?”  At last, he arrived.

 

“A couple of minutes ago,” I answered.  Not beating around the bush, I told him my real intention.  “Can you ask, Luhan-oppa to grant Hera an interview?”

 

“For what?” he walked inside the bathroom to change.

 

“The championship game.  Congrats, by the way.  I knew you’re going to make it,” I said sincerely and began jumping on his bed as if it was a trampoline.

 

“Thanks—oh—stop that Chaeri!”  He didn’t sound angry even if he was feeling that way.  “Why don’t you say that to him in person?”

 

“But I wasn’t able to talk to him a while ago—hey—where are you going?”

 

He had changed his uniforms into party clothes.  I followed him when he went downstairs.  If you’re wondering why I can do anything in the Choi’s house, it’s because I considered it my second home.  I am Hwang Chaeri and Junmyeon-oppa is the only cousin I have in this world. 

 

The reason why I requested him to help Hera was I am her editor-in-chief.  I am a writer even if I’m taking up a business course, 2nd year level.

 

“At the bar for our victory party and birthday celebration.”

 

“I wanna come with you—”

 

“No,” he said curtly, “kids are not allowed there.”

 

“I am 18, FYI,” I argued until we reached the kitchen and found Uncle Siwon there.  “Samchonnie, Oppa doesn’t want me to go with him,” I whined.

 

Yet, Junmyeon-oppa just rolled his eyes.  I tailed him again but he stalled and faced me.  “You wouldn’t want to be there.”

 

“How can you say that?”  My brows twitched.

 

“Because Baekhyun will be there,” he said with a serious face.

 

I heard a loud thud inside me that rendered me immobile.  I can only feign a small smile and turn away.  Junmyeon-oopa is right.  It’s best if I won’t go.  Or it will just double the chest pain I’m suffering if I see him.

 

 

December 2029

 

“Skipping lunch won’t help you grow tall, noona.”

 

Headache buzzed on my brain when I heard that familiar voice.  I was busy editing articles for the school paper when Kai and his gang came in the cafeteria.  When I say gang, it is EXO.  If I were a normal student, I would’ve fainted already because 11 handsome guys surrounded me.  And we’ve caught the attention of the others.

 

Argh.  This is embarrassing.

 

“You came here just to do your work—tch,” Kai teased further.

 

“Well sorry if my height barely reached 5’1’’,” I said as I threw him deadly stares, “and it runs in the blood—Ouch!”

 

Junmyeon-oppa had flicked my forehead making the guys laugh at the scene.

 

“Don’t be at each other’s throat.  Remember, you are cousins,” Luhan-oppa stated, suppressing a smile.

 

I pouted.  “Are you teasing me, too, Luhan-oppa?”

 

He shook his head abruptly, “nope!”

 

“Anyway, would you like to come with us?” Xiumin-oppa asked.  “We’re doing Christmas shopping.”

 

What I love about these guys is that they always made me feel that I’m a part of the troupe.  I am their princess, as our schoolmates say.  But I rather not.

What will I do with 12 men—wait—11?  “You’re going out—incomplete?”

 

“HAHAHA!”  It was Chen.  “Thought you won’t notice.”

 

“Who is missing?”

 

“Ba—hmmmmpph”

 

Chanyeol successfully covered Chen’s mouth.  “Dude, you know his name is a taboo to her,” he whispered to Chen.  Useless whisperings, I could clearly hear Chanyeol’s deep and still loud voice.  It ruined my mood instantly.  “You go by yourselves,” I fixed my things angrily and left in a haste.

 

“Is Chaeri-noona on PMS?” Sehun asked his hyungs.  “She transforms into a tiger whenever we mention Baekhyun-hyung—oh—there he is!”

 

As if Sehun cast a spell, I froze on my spot and looked around.  Then, I saw Baekhyun with Hera before she left him to talk to his friends.  Unwittingly, I watched him refuse their invitation.

 

“I think I’ll pass.  I have other things to do,” Baekhyun explained before bidding farewell.

 

And when he started searching for Hera, I can hear the loud hammering of my heart…and its shattering into million pieces.

 

 

“Chaeri-ah, you go change after you put the turkey in the oven,” Aunt Tiffany said to me while preparing other dishes in the kitchen.

 

This Christmas Eve, I would be celebrating it with the Choi’s.  My parents were on a business trip and left me in Aunt Tiffany’s care.

 

Just in time after dolling up, Uncle Siwon called.  “Dear, come down now.  Your Junmyeon-oppa and his friends are already here.”

 

We have visitors?  I thought it would only be us…  “Coming, Samchonnie!”  I pranced my way down the flight of stairs, with the gifts on my hand.  Tonight’s going to be fun—

 

“Merry Christmas, Chaeri!”  A dozen of good-looking people greeted me, surprisingly.

 

“W-what are you, guys, doing here?” I spoke in utter bewilderment.

 

“Give the princess a seat,” Uncle Siwon told EXO before leaving for the kitchen to help his wife.

 

My cousin tapped the space beside him and after settling down the carpet, I also greeted them, “Uh—happy holidays?”

 

“It’s our first time spending an occasion with you so we bought you gifts, Noona,” Kyungsoo beamed with his regal heart-shaped smile.

 

“Thanks, ‘saeng.”

 

“Open it.”

 

I opened the box he gave me then.  It was a classic music box.  I was surprised they made an effort in choosing gifts for me.  Lay-Oppa, Chen and Xiumin-oppa gave me graffiti shirts, box of candies from Chanyeol and Sehun, make-up set from Kris-oppa, Gucci bag from Tao (Aww—it must have been hard for him to let this go)…

 

…and a hello kitty toy from Luhan-oppa.  Seriously?

 

“And this one’s from me.”  Junmyeon-oppa wrapped a white comfy shawl around my neck.  “That’s hand-woven.  Had a hard time hiding it ‘coz you keep on barging in my room like a mushroom.”

 

“Where did you get your sweet bones, Oppa?”

 

He ruffled my hair instead of answering.

 

Then, I asked my favorite dongsaeng.  “Where’s yours, Kai?”

 

“I put it on the fridge,” he said innocently.

 

Sly kid.  I eyed him incredulously before walking to the kitchen.  I heard the guys asking him about his gift.  “You’ll figure out in 5…4…”

 

Crap!  This might be another prank.  Better brace myself for this.

 

“3…2…”

 

I opened the refrigerator in slow motion.

 

“…1—”

 

“WHAT THE HELL—KKAMJONG!”

 

Kai cracked up from the living room.

 

“What did you give her, Hyung?” Sehun asked.

 

“12 boxes of flavored milk.”

 

The others were flabbergasted when I rushed to him and wrung his neck.

 

“Noona—stop—I didn’t know—what to give—help—hyungs!”

 

“Kids!  Time to eat!” called Uncle Siwon.

 

I groaned inwardly before letting Kai go.  Lucky kid, he was saved by uncle.

 

“I almost died,” he coughed and massaged his neck.

 

Serves him right.  Sorry not sorry I did that to him.  “Hyoyeon-komo will surely hear this.”  I was pissed off so I decided to eat alone in the garden.  I need to calm my nerves.  Picking on me has become Kai’s hobby.  I must think of a strategy to avoid him.

 

“Can I join you?” Baekhyun stood before me.  Suddenly.

 

I choked on my food and instantaneously he was caressing my back.  I raised my hand signaling him to stop.

 

“Mianhae, Ko-hwang-ee.  I didn’t mean to scare you.”

 

My eyes widened.  I hate it when he calls me that.  An angry silence filled in as I looked away, ignoring him.  I could see him pout from my peripheral vision.

 

“What did I do wrong?” he mumbled but I still heard it.

 

.  But he’s cute when he does that.  He looks like the pu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter