The story of us...is a tragedy? 2

Forever & Always {AWESOMELY COMPLETED}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Min Sunye?”

 

“It’s a pleasure to see you again after so many years, Jung Jessica.” 

 

Sunye wore a mocking expression that disgusted Jessica.  Add up her actions that totally annoyed her—she held Donghae’s arm tighter.

 

Jessica felt cold shivers run through her veins.  When did she last hate this girl—that she wanted the earth to swallow her alive?

 

Because of anger, her vision started to become hazy.  She felt numb.  “You’ve been very busy, perhaps,” she clenched her fists, “with your own business.”  She said it as calm as she could even if she meant it to be sarcastic.

 

They’re in a public place and if she bursts out, that would be humiliating.  She looked at Donghae.  What are you doing?  Why are you doing this?

 

But much to her dismay, he was poker-faced—which made her gnash her teeth.  He stared at her blankly.

 

See that?  The jerk in him is back.  Would you still want to patch up things with him?

 

“Jessica, aren’t you going to say what you were supposed to tell Donghae?”  Yejin brought her senses back when she zoned out unwittingly.  “He’s already here.”

 

“U-uh,” she stammered.  I can’t tell it.  She swallowed the lump on that hinders her to speak.  Sorry, Hyoyeon…I just can’t do it.  “H-hyoyeon will have a party tomorrow.  Remember your cousin’s friend?  She asked if I can r-relay her invitation to you…” she lied.  “Because she can’t contact you—and t-that—she expects you to be there—ah—that’s all,” she faked a smile.  “I g-gotta go.”

 

Jessica left them outside of his office.

 

“You went overboard, Donghae-ah,” Yejin told him before she went away too.

 

---

 

“I totally screwed up—AISH!”

 

Jessica cursed under her breath and stomped her feet furiously.  She was fighting the tears forming while hastily walking to the exit door; then hailed the first taxi she saw at the lobby.

 

“Where to Ma’am?—”

 

“Just take me anywhere.  I don’t care how much I’ll have to pay.  Just drive until I say stop,” she said bluntly and coldly.

 

Her heart was beating so fast she thought it would burst out of her chest any moment.  How could she forget that the world doesn’t only revolve around her?  That he can’t be the only girl for him?  She admitted to herself once that Donghae is not just an ordinary guy.  He can leave her and entertain the girls that swoon over him.

 

Count Sunye in.

 

Even if they won’t end up together, he can choose from any girls around him.  Wasn’t’ he her dream guy before?  She dreamt of everything in him to be hers—especially his love.

 

But Donghae was a dream that turned into a nightmare.

 

You never learn your lessons, don’t you? The evil part of her mind said.

 

He promised to love her forever.

 

You believe that liar?

 

“Stop it!”  If not for the seatbelt, her face could’ve hit the dashboard when the taxi suddenly stalled.  Her mind was so preoccupied that she didn’t notice herself saying ‘stop’.  “Can you be more careful?” she complained to the driver.

 

“B-but it’s what you told me—”

 

She looked at the window.  The cab was parked at the sidewalk of a mall.  “How much do I have to pay?”  She paid the bill and got out of the cab.  She walked to the entrance of the establishment but stopped when realization struck her.

 

What would I do here?

 

She quickly turned back to the taxi stand.  She was about to open the car door when someone else grabbed the handle.

 

“Jessica?”  “Jaejoong-ssi?”

 

They said in unison.  There was amusement in his eyes.  He smiled.  “Ladies first—”

 

“Oh no—you take it.”

 

“Why don’t we both take it?” he suggested and they both rode in the car.  He brought her to Kona Beans.  “We meet…finally.”

 

Sunye is back…as well as Jaejoong.  All the people in the past are returning.

 

“How are you?”

 

“I’m fine,” she answered shortly.  “You look dashing,” she complimented.  That’s right.  There was glow in his eyes showing how happy he might be.  “And happy?”

 

“And you look warmer than before,” he flashed a knowing smile.

 

“Where did you go anyway?  You just vanished right after that—”

 

“Soul-searching.”  He chuckled.  He looked so contented with his life now.

 

“Oh—”  Her phone beeped.  She received a message from Hyoyeon.  “Excuse me.”  Don’t forget to bring a mask.  It’s a masquerade party after all.  The message said.  “A mask?”  But I don’t have an yet.

 

“You are going to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter