The real deal

Forever & Always {AWESOMELY COMPLETED}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What can you say, Hyukjae? Cat got your tongue?” Jiyong teased Hyukjae who looked at him weirdly. “She’ll be our next cover girl,” he added. “If she would agree—by the way, that’s Miss Jessica Jung.”

 

I know—his eyes widened as he was glancing at the pictures. There were like more than 50 of them in the table. And Jessica looked really young in her pink dress.

 

“Those were taken during the pageant in their university where she was the MC with her friend, Tiffany. She’s part of the student council—so they were the organizers. I really thought she was a contestant but she said no,” Jiyong explained.

 

“Eh?—I thought so too,” he busied himself in looking at the pictures while listening to his story. And he had to agree that Jiyong’s choice was not bad at all—Jessica looks like a real model—and beauty queen. He kept on glancing at them until his brows furrowed at a certain picture or two.

 

Jessica was standing at the side of the stage with a guy.

 

“Holy crap! Is this Donghae?” he shouted disbelieving what he sees.

 

“Donghae?” Jiyong asked as he looked at the picture Hyukjae was holding. “I guess so. Do you know him?” The latter was supposed to answer him but he spoke again. “They looked lovely, don't they? They said they're just friends but looked like a couple to me—what?” he was confused at how he stared at him.

 

“Jiyong-ssi, first of all, I want you to know that Jessica Jung is my fiancée. Second, Donghae is my cousin,” he put at emphasis on those words.

 

Jiyong was speechless but quickly recovered. “If that's the case, you can talk to her easily,” he grinned sheepishly.

 

“Wait—you knew them?”

 

“Told ya I went to their university fair.”

 

“And about the two of them?”

 

“I don't know. You better ask Tiffany.”

 

Does this mean that the two had a past? Is Donghae the guy who hurt Jessica badly? He wanted to know. He needed an immediate answer. What if his speculations are right? But his cousin wasn't that type of guy. He also knew that he avoids girls.

 

Urgh! Hell! He was confused. Otteokaji, Hyukjae?

 

---

 

Years Ago

 

One sunny day, a cute little girl was playing at the garden of her mom's friend. She was running here and there so her wide-brimmed hat was blown by the wind. “Oh no! My hat,” she chased it. She almost got it but it fell on the hands of a little boy.

 

He confusingly looked at her. “Is this yours?”

 

She readily nodded and was surprised when he placed the hat on her and smiled afterwards.

 

“Thanks—”

 

“Sooyeon-ah! Come here, honey!” she heard her mom call her. She ran to her and left the boy. “Where have you been, sweetie?”

 

“I almost lost my hat, mom,” she told her mom. “But someone gave it back—”

 

“Sora-ah,” a lady called her mom.

 

“Ne—Hyesun?” Sora noticed the boy who hid behind her friend. “Is that your son, Hyesun-ah?”

 

“Ah—yes,” she introduced him to them. “His name is Donghae.” He came out from his mom's back and showed himself to them.

 

When she saw him, she said, “Mom, he's the one who helped me find my hat.”

 

“Really?” Sora was amused. “He's the birthday boy, sweetie.” The little girls' eyes widened and glistened with happiness. She approached and greeted him, “happy birthday—” she paused, realizing that she doesn't know his name.

 

“I'm Donghae,” he said while smiling.

 

“My name is J—”

 

“Sooyeon—your mom called you Sooyeon awhile ago,” he said innocently.

 

Her real name was Jessica, but Sora calls her Sooyeon and Sukjin—Sica. Those were her nicknames so it's fine if he calls her either way. Their moms noticed that they were getting along well so they left them.

 

He forgot about his guests and played with her instead. They endlessly chased each other on the garden and when they were already tired, they sat on the grass facing each other.

 

“Sooyeonie,” he chanted. “Sooyeonie,” he repeated and grinned but she pouted.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter