When fate plays its game 2

Forever & Always {AWESOMELY COMPLETED}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The cold winter wind seeped through Jessica’s skin before she entered the hospital.  She adjusted her scarf as she walked to the lobby—only to be surprised by the warm atmosphere that welcomed her.  Everyone was smiling brightly—the smile that could beat the cold weather.

 

Confusion was written on her face when she reached the nurses’ information desk.

 

“What’s going on here?” she asked blankly.

 

One of the nurses faced her, “nothing, Ma’am.  Today’s just another ordinary day,” she lively answered.

 

They call it ordinary when in fact it makes Jessica feel like she’s not suited to be in this place because she couldn’t stretch her lips to smile.

 

“But you’re smiling like a fool,” she retorted.

 

“Omigosh, Miss Jung~ If you have only seen him, you’ll be like us,” the nurse squealed like a fan girl who met her bias, face-to-face.  The others agreed to what she said and Jessica could only roll her eyes at this.  “By the way, Ma’am, here’s the report you asked us to give you.  We’ll forward it to Dr. Kim after you sign the last page.”

 

She skimmed the document until she heard them giggle.  “He's here again.”

 

“Who?” She glanced at them but their eyes were focused at a certain direction.  They were crazily smiling again.  So she diverted her gaze to the person they were referring to.  She almost held her breath as she watched the person who strutted towards them.

 

Time slowed down as Donghae walked closer to her.  His lips curled up into a smile making all the girls swoon over him.  Unexpectedly, the warmth of his smile reached her heart.  It was slowly melting the frost in it.  Then, she remembered that she was the only who can make him happy before.

 

His smile 'was' exclusively for her.

 

But maybe not now...

 

He ignored her for crying out loud and she was pissed for it.  He frowned when he saw her.

 

But split seconds after it...

 

He flashed a disarming smile while looking at her direction, revealing his white teeth.  It caused her to freeze at her place and she felt like in cloud nine.  Her heartbeat skyrocketed and she seemed to forget the pain he gave her.  His smile was contagious so she prepared herself to smile back but much to her dismay…

 

He walked past her and called someone.  “Siwon-ah.”

 

Ouch—he’s not looking at you, babo!

 

“Miss Jung!  Why did you crumple it?” the nurse nervously asked.

 

“Aish…” she muttered as she stared at what she did.  Dream on, Jessica.  Why would he smile at you in the first place?  Don’t be fooled by his sweet gestures again…  “Give me another copy.  There’s dirt on it.”

 

She huffed out an angry breath and stomped her way to the laboratory.  She was upset that the smile wasn’t for her but for someone else… little did she know that he intentionally did it.

 

---

 

Donghae smiled in victory.  He suppressed his laugh when he saw Jessica upset.  He purposely called Siwon at that time; luckily, he was there to help him with his acting.

 

Way to go, Donghae...

 

He noticed that she was carried away and almost smiled.

 

Does it mean that she still likes me?

 

He saw a glint of hope.  He could still sweep off her feet.

 

Now what's my next move?

 

“Hey!  You're daydreaming, Donghae,” Hyukjae waved his hand in front of him.

 

“You're here again?” Donghae said—annoyed, when he got back to his senses.

 

“Expect me to be always here.  You know I'm trying my luck because you won't help me have Jessica.”

 

Darn it, Hyukjae.  Why do you to say that and ruin my day?  It was almost perfect before you said that.  “Fine—fine—you can leave now” was all he could say so that his day won't be spoiled by his cousin anymore.

 

---

 

Dr. Jung called Jessica asking her to meet him at Hongdae.  Since she doesn't have a car, she waited for a cab outside but to no avail—there's none.

 

It was also snowing, making it hard for her to look for a ride.  Suddenly, a car honked on her side and she saw a white convertible Audi.  The car window opened, revealing Hyukjae.  He got his car from his mom, since he's living with his family now.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter