The story of us...is a tragedy? 1

Forever & Always {AWESOMELY COMPLETED}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Whatever happened in the past can be changed in the future.

 

 

Several days after Sifany’s wedding, Donghae and Jessica returned to Seoul for their works.  As much as he wanted to extend his luck in the city, it didn’t happen. Busan had always given him the best moments in his life with her but Seoul, his heartbreaks.

 

Once they arrived in the city, they were called at once in the hospital.  There was an influenza outbreak in the place so the hospital was packed.  Donghae even helped in the medication since they were lacking doctors at that time—and Siwon was still on his honeymoon.

 

Jessica, meanwhile, was locked up in the laboratory the whole day trying to find out what medicine they can give to the victims.  Luckily, the semester already ended in the university so she can focus on her work in the hospital.

 

Strictly work.

 

She swore to herself not to be distracted by her ‘surroundings’.  And she was proud of herself for doing a great job of avoiding ‘him’.  Man—it was actually hard for they’re staying at the same hospital.  Most of the time, she finds herself almost giving in to the pleading look in his eyes; yet she ends up ignoring him.

 

You’re such a bad girl, Jessica, a part of his mind hissed.

 

“He would get tired of chasing me after all.”

 

If he does, what would you do?  For sure, you’ll miss him.  And all the things he does for you…

 

“I—I WON’T!”

 

“But Miss Jung, they needed you there—and the results, too—”

 

She blinked thrice and gaped at the nurse in front of her.  Oh God!  Did she just space out while working?  She obviously frightened the latter because she walked back a few steps away from her.

 

“Ah—heh,” she forced a grin on her face.  “Sorry about that Nurse Han.  I was thinking of something else—I didn’t mean to scare you like that.  What was it you were telling me?”

 

There.  The nurse sighed in relief.  She was flustered at how she reacted so she backed off a bit.  But things are fine now.

 

After their talk, the nurse left followed by Jessica moments later.  She walked sneakily out of the laboratory.  As if she was playing hide and seek with someone, she cautiously walked at the hallways.  She acted like some freaky ninja—and disappears when he’s there.

 

“The coast is clear,” she mumbled to herself.

 

She didn’t really want to take a risk… of meeting Donghae there.  She was fine without him—or not?  She doesn’t know.  This is why she avoids him.  He never left her mind actually—she thinks of him every second—unknowingly.  He’s making her crazy.

 

---

 

“Hey, Uncle!”  Heechul had a smug expression as he approached Sukjin at the kitchen counter.  “I thought I went to the wrong house and entered a flower shop.”

 

“You’re still at the right place,” the old man stated.  “Heechul, you should stop sprouting like a mushroom. Get a life—or a wife.”

 

“Na-uh!  Geez, Uncle.”  He stuffed his mouth with a slice of kimbap served at the table.  “Not until Sica’s hooked up to someone—”

 

“That must be another delivery,” Sukjin said after the door bell rang.

 

He acted like he already knew what it is and instructed his nephew to open the door, and then wake up Sica after.  But being curious as ever, Heechul looked for the card on the bouquet the delivery boy gave him.

 

“Not too fast, nephew.”  Sukjin grinned at him.  He already had the sheet of paper on his hand before Heechul can read its content.  “Go and wake up your cousin—”

 

“Good morning.”

 

“Here she is.”

 

---

 

The cold breeze passed through the small slit from her window pane with the rays of sunlight.  It struck her pale skin together with the not-so-familiar scent that soothed her sense of smell.  The fragrance wakes her up every day with a smile.  Yet, it vanishes when she realized whom it came from.  She groaned and lazily dolled herself.

 

She found Heechul at their kitchen with her dad.  “Good morning,” she greeted them.

 

“Look, Sica, you got roses.”  Heechul waved the bouquet of roses in front of her face.  “From—” He took the privilege to read the card since he was still holding it.  “D-donghae?”

 

His brows creased.

 

Meanwhile, Jessica only ignored him and began to eat.  Her ignorance drove him to , “Are you and Donghae planning to build a flower shop?  Are you an item now?  What are the things between you two that I missed?”

 

But she only glared at him in response.

 

“Aigoo—that guy never knew when to surrender, and had a lot of patience piled in him.  And your house, Sica—the scent is—urgh!  I can’t even—”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter