His plea

Forever & Always {AWESOMELY COMPLETED}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Donghae sat stiff on his place.  He was waiting for their reactions but the others were truly dazed and kept quiet. Come on—it’s scarier if you don’t react.   He was actually prepared, in case Heechul will punch him again or Sukjin.  But all he received were their cynical stares.  A stray of silence reigned in the room and it was pure torture to him.

 

“He’s not lying.”

 

Yejin took the initiative to talk and save her brother.

 

Finally.  Though he was relieved, he still was nervous.  What if they won’t believe her too?  Aish, jeongmal—I’m doomed.  He thought.  Yah!  Have some confidence.  He gulped just to mend his nervousness.

 

“Donghae has never forgotten Jessica.  I can prove it.”

 

“Yejin-ssi,” Heechul interrupted, “don’t cover him—”

 

“I’m not,” she retaliated.  “He never lost any news about her because I’ve looked after her while he’s away.  But I never told her that I’m Donghae’s sister—because I know she’ll be disappointed.  I knew what happened to them—so I don’t wanna hurt her too.”

 

Thank you, noona.  You really are my life saver.

 

“I witnessed how Donghae grieved.  He would zone out—then tear up while thinking about her.”

 

Again, no one responded.  They were absolutely silent while she narrated.  Suddenly, a weak smile flashed on Yejin’s face.

 

“Jessica changed Donghae into a very warm person.  I’m thankful to her.  Donghae learnt a lot from her.  He treasured everything she taught him because he—h-he loves her.”

 

“When did this happen?” Hyesun asked, almost a whisper.  “How come I didn’t know?”

 

“Do you really want to know, Mom?” Yejin said while glancing at Donghae who once again lowered his head out of embarrassment and fear.  “T-that was when he needed to transfer to Harvard.”

 

---

 

Jessica gasped at everything she heard.  She didn’t mean to eavesdrop but when she heard Donghae speak out his emotions, she stopped closing the door.  Her body acted against her will.  She stood stiff on her place while listening to their conversation.

 

As every word sank in her mind, tears automatically slid down her face.  The sudden flow of her emotions was unstoppable.  She could feel the thrilling chill that moved up and down her spine.  Her hands were trembling, so even if she wanted to close the door, she can’t.

 

“He treasured everything she taught him,” she heard Yejin say, “Because he loves her.”

 

Her eyes widened the same time she covered with her hands.  She was awed.  Now she knows why she treated her well.

 

It was for Donghae.

 

“He came back for her,” she continued.  “Ch-chusunghamnida—I’ve been so unfeeling.  If only I’ve made my way to help them before, this problem—it won’t have gotten this far.  I already knew everything but I didn’t stop Mom from separating them—”

 

“Noona—” Donghae cut her off.

 

“Yejin-ah—‘tis my fault,” Hyesun butted in.  “Don’t blame yourself, dear—”

 

“Everyone—no one is to be blamed here,” Sukjin said.  “It’s just how fate orchestrated the twos’ life.”  Suddenly, Jessica heard the clinking of some metals, then again, her dad spoke.  “Donghae, take this—you better talk to her.”

 

“B-but Sir?”  She’s mad at me.  How will I face her?

 

“Go on.  I’m not angry at you.  I completely understand your situation—about your sacrifice—but you’re already here to make things right.”  There was no hint of hatred in his voice but encouragement rather.  “This is the key to her room—talk to her.”

 

Oh no, daddy!  Don’t do this to me…  She panicked but was still frozen like a statue at the same place.  How will I face him?  Not like this…  Her eyes were s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter