When fate plays its game 3

Forever & Always {AWESOMELY COMPLETED}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Aigoo, Fany—why aren't you here when I need you?”

 

Jessica sighed in exasperation. She had been calling her best friend but she was not answering. She needed to tell her about her dilemma—of being engaged to an unknown guy.

 

Maybe she's busy with Siwon.

 

And she can't contact both Hara and Heechul. Her oppa was out of the country again and Hara—she doesn't know.

 

Moreover, she was also confused on why she was still affected by Donghae. She was returning to her usual self because of these. She may have learnt to be reserved but her efforts might be wasted if she'll let him distract her life. Her head throbbed as she thought of these.

 

Why am I so unlucky?

 

And guess what? The doppelganger was here to add to her problems.

 

“Hello, Ms. Jung.”

 

God have mercy on me. “Guys, I'm not in the mood for your games today. I'm tired.”

 

Yes, she was—physically and emotionally. She was exhausted thinking about all her problems and the day she'll meet her fiancé.

 

The twins weirdly looked at each other when she left. “She's weird...”

 

“Did something happen?”

 

“Did Donghae-hyung succeed?”

 

---

 

“Mom, what are you doing here?”

 

Yejin was surprised to see her mom at the attic. She was looking for something among the dusty stuffs in the room. It was where they stored their old appliances, etc—and even memories of the past.

 

“I can't find it. Help me, Yejin-ah,” she said without looking at her.

 

“Find what?”

 

“Where is it? It should be here,” she said while searching on a pile of albums. “Can you recall where I placed the video tapes and pictures of Donghae's 3rd birthday party?”

 

She stared at her mom with a bewildered look. “Why are you looking for those suddenly, Mom?”

 

“I just need it...” she answered curtly.

 

Ah~ alright. And she did help her.

 

“I won't be able to attend your Aunt Haejin's welcome party. You and Donghae should go, okay? They'll announce Hyukjae's engagement at the party.”

 

“For real, Mom?” She couldn’t believe that her aunt would really mean what she said to Hyukjae. She thought it was just a joke before. Aunt Haejin is so cruel. “And where are you going?”

 

“Another business trip—actually, I’ll be leaving later. So, if we can’t find the pictures now, find it for me.”

 

---

 

Jessica's emotions were indescribable that even she couldn't fathom her own feelings. She felt contented that she was an obedient daughter; yet she was mad that she couldn’t even refuse her father's wish. Problems came after another. Nothing was going right when Donghae came back.

 

“Seriously—will you stop bugging me?” she said as if he was really there to hear it. Now, she became angrier to herself. “Are you nuts, Jessica Jung? Forget him.”

 

Since she was strolling at the Han River, she picked up a stone she found on her way, and then she furiously threw it on the water.

 

“When will I have some peace of mind?”

 

Suddenly, she found a man who was drinking alone. “Alcohol?” she muttered. “Ahjussi! Can you just give me those beers?” she spoke to him. “I'll pay you—and I'll double the price.”

 

No one knows what possessed her to drink now. She just wanted to forget all her dilemmas. She drank the first can in one shot. The bitterness of the liquor stayed in . She opened another can. Her lip still haven't touched it when someone grabbed it her. She attempted to take it back but he shoved away her hand.

 

“Give that back.”

 

Donghae narrowed his eyes, disbelieving what she did. “When did you learn how to drink?” He raised the can above him when she tried to reach for it again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter