Never Again

Forever & Always {AWESOMELY COMPLETED}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Heechul-ah?”

 

“Ne, umma?” he responded as he indulged himself to his ramyeon.  He was having his breakfast with his mom that Saturday morning.

 

“It’s a miracle you didn’t go with your Uncle Sukjin and Jessica today.  It’s Sora’s death anniversary, right?”

 

“Uncle is in HongKong, Mom; and besides, Sica’s going there with someone else.”  He knew that Jessica could have invited Donghae to spend the whole day with her at her mother’s grave.

 

“But still—it’s very unusual.  You always hang out with that cousin of yours—” the door bell cut her off.  “Go open the door.”

 

He stood up on his seat and lazily walked to their door.  He opened it and was surprised to see Jessica.  Her eyes were swollen which made him worry.  “What happened?  Aren’t you too excited to cry this early?” he commented on her puffy eyes.

 

She smiled to him bitterly.  “Oppa, come with me,” she begged him.

 

“I thought you’re going there with Donghae.”  He noticed her becoming stiff when he mentioned his name.  She was acting really weird that it bothered him.

 

“Oppa, ppaliyo!” she then pulled her outside their house.  “Don’t make mom wait.  We need to get there fast.”

 

“H-hold on, I’ll get my keys.”  Even if she’s acting really odd, he couldn’t resist her request.  What happened between her and Donghae?  Didn’t she succeed in persuading him to come?  No matter what, he needed to interrogate Jessica – on why she suddenly barged into his house and dragged him to go with her.

 

They already arrived at Jung Sora’s sanctuary.  He accompanied Jessica and silently said his respect to her mom before leaving her.  He always does this – giving her a time alone with her mom.  He just watched her from his car, making sure that nothing will happen to her.

 

---

 

After Heechul left Jessica, she slowly sat on the ground and hugged her knees.  She still felt weak and vulnerable from the heartbreak Donghae had given her.  She still can’t go over him.  But as time goes on, she realized her mistake.  It was her fault that she was hurt.  She didn’t listen to her dad and Heechul.

 

What’s worst was that she broke her promise to her mom and dad…  Guilt and remorse were churning inside her.  She disobeyed her parents because of him.

 

“Mom, I’m sorry,” as soon as she started talking, her voice was already broken.  Her eyes became misty then she started sobbing.  “I’m really sorry.  I was supposed to be here to introduce the guy I love, mom… but he’s not here.  And it’s not going to happen anymore because he doesn’t like me...”

 

She sniffed and wiped her tears as she was weeping silently.

 

“I broke my promise to you and Dad because of him, mom… I’m so sorry.”  The throbbing pain inside her was uncontrollable that the only way to set it free was to cry.  “I’m really sorry…  I should have listened to Dad when he warned me.  I’m such a bad daughter.  I hope Dad could forgive me but I don’t know how to apologize; I don’t want him to worry.  I totally feel ashamed because of what I did, Mom…”

 

She cried more when the wind suddenly blew.  She knew by this time that her mom was there to comfort her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter