Lovely Day

Forever & Always {AWESOMELY COMPLETED}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

“Yeah—I’m almost there—just got stuck on the traffic awhile ago.”  Hyoyeon transferred the phone on her left ear while maneuvering her car.  “I took the shortcut already.  So I think I’d be there in a few minutes—I’m really sorry…”

 

She was talking to their branch manager.  She called her up to tell her about the sudden problem in her restaurant.  Yes—she’s a restaurateur but she let her branch manager take over her for awhile.

 

She turned off the phone after the call when suddenly, the vehicle slowed down on its own.  “Oh no—you didn't,” she said to her car.  “Ah!  Why now?” she complained to the fuel indicator.

 

She parked the car on the sidewalk then went out to know where she was.  Luckily, she wasn't stuck at a secluded place—she was in fact near a hospital.  I'll just take a cab.  But all were full.

 

“Aish!”  She kicked the car wheel out of exasperation.  “How unfortunate—”

 

“Hyoyeon-ssi?”

 

With knotted forehead, she turned to the person who called.  To her surprise, he was the guy at the park the other day.  She remembered how gloomy he was back then but now, he looked exceptionally bright.  What was his name again?

 

“I'm Lee Hyukjae, the one you gave candies.” he seemed to have read her mind.  He just answered her question.

 

“Oh—right.  I forgot to ask your name before.”

 

Then there's his gummy smile.  And it's a... Wow!  She thought.  Is this what her candies have made him into?  It was flattering her to know that she helped him stop wallowing in misery.  Am I that great?

 

“Gotta problem?”

 

She snapped back to reality.  Darn—she was daydreaming.  “A little…”  She feigned a week smile.  “This buddy got me into trouble.”  She tapped the hood of her car.

 

“I see—well, you’re in a hurry?”  It's about time for him to reciprocate her kindness to him.  “I—uh—we,” he glanced at Jessica and Donghae who were approaching them.  “We could give you a ride.”

 

“What?” Donghae almost yelled.  Didn't his cousin bring his car?

 

“They already need me in the restaurant,” she forced a weak smile.

 

“Restaurant?” Jessica said.  “We're actually looking for one.  I'm Jessica Jung, by the way.  And this is Dr. Lee Donghae—”

 

“Her fiancé—Ouch!” he groaned when Jessica playfully hit his arm.

 

“Let's just go to her place,” she told him in a final tone.  Donghae frowned while Hyukjae smiled wildly.  “We, girls, shall be on the backseat.”  Donghae frowned more when Jessica declared this.  But he still opened the door for her while Hyukjae did it for Hyoyeon.

 

“To where?” he asked as ignited the engine.

 

“Lotte World,” Hyoyeon said causing everyone to look at her direction.  They thought she was just joking.  “I own a picnic restaurant there,” she added timidly.

 

---

 

“Your place is beautiful, Hyoyeon-ssi,” Jessica commented with a face void of emotions.  Hyoyeon noticed her blank expression so she became curious.

 

“She's like that,” Hyukjae whispered, hence she didn't ask questions anymore.  She then excused herself from them to get their lunch.  Hyukjae volunteered to help her so Donghae and Jessica were left.

 

They stayed at the front porch of Hyoyeon’s European-style-restaurant.  From their place, they could see the vast green field which is perfect for picnicking—and dating.  It was a romantic place suited for lovers.

 

Donghae sat beside Jessica but she didn’t even notice him.  She was spacing out, so Donghae initiated the conversation.  “What would you like to eat?”  He leaned towards her that’s why when she turned to him, their noses almost touched.

 

If he felt giddy about it, she felt otherwise.  She stared at him coldly and said, “I’ll eat whatever food Hyoyeon will offer.”  She shifted to the other seat to avoid him.

 

Donghae grimaced at what she said and was embarrassed.  Why was it so hard to make a conversation with her?  She’s giving him that cold treatment he usually showed her long time ago.  And for the record, Jessica always succeeds in getting his attention but now, there’s not even a chance for him to make it.  His princess totally ignored him.

 

C’mon.  Think Donghae…

 

They were awkward—yes—and the silence between them was deafening.

 

Lee Donghae, you’ve got to do something.  He cleared his throat just to mend his nervousness.  “I… uh… H-how are you, Jessica?”  What a stupid question to ask.  You see her everyday yet you don’t know whether she’s fine or not.

 

The moment she looked at him again, he almost hid under the table.  Man—her stare was scary.  He could already feel the cold sweats on his nape.  “Babo…” he muttered to himself.  He shouldn’t have said that.  He kept his head down for a moment but when he looked up, she met her questioning gaze—causing him to gulp.  “W-what?”

 

“When will you stop tolerating those twins?”

 

“What?”

 

“You let them spread that rumor—Is it okay with you for them to do that?” she said.  “Dr. Lee—”

 

“Just Donghae,” he corrected her.  “We’re not in the hospital, Jessica,” he added.  “And it will eventually die—that rumor.”

 

His answer earned him another glare from her.  Her brows were knotted too.  “It’s not fine with me… and you shouldn’t be here.  What if the hospital needs you?”

 

He was hurt a bit but his lips still twisted into a smile.  “Let’s just say I took a day off—”

 

“But when duty calls—”

 

“I’m free today—and as far as I remember, I’m the boss and I could be out whenever I want to,” he explained.  “And most of all, you are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter