Introduction Part 2

Closer, Closer

Seyeon knocked on Bomi’s door before letting herself in. Her best friend was sitting in the middle of her queen-sized bed, surrounded by piles of clothes. Bomi had her hair curled up into a bun, and she looked extremely confused.

 

Seyeon sighed as she climbed on Bomi’s bed. “Remind me again why do you have to go to their performance? Just stop meeting them already! You’re not studying the same thing, you have different clubs. It’s not that hard to never meet any EXO member ever again.”

 

“I have to, I already promised Chanyeol I’ll come. And he even attached the picture of their maknae.  It seemed like a crime to make Sehun-ssi disappointed,” Bomi shook her head and buried it in her pillow.

 

Seyeon frowned. “What are you talking about?”

 

Without moving her head, Bomi handed her phone to Seyeon. “See for yourself.”

 

Seyeon received it and opened the inbox. The newest message was from Park Chanyeol, yesterday.

 

 

From: Park Chanyeol

We’re performing tomorrow, you’ll come right? We’re meeting at 4pm in my place. Sehun wants to meet you again, please don’t make our Sehunnie sad…

 

 

Seyeon chocked on her own saliva after seeing the photo attached to the message. “I-is this a boy? Really?” She still staring at Sehun’s picture even after Bomi nodded her head. “Wow…” Seyeon admitted that the boy looked very handsome, beautiful even, but she cringed at the explosive aegyo. “Okay I understand what you mean about committing a crime, but still, so what? This Sehun boy only met you once, right? I’m sure he’ll live.”

 

Bomi raised her head and started to whine, “Actually, Seyeon-ah… After I went shopping with Chanyeol, I kind of comfortable with him, so I don’t mind seeing him again. That’s why I said to Minah that I want to see EXO’s performances… And she was waaaaaay beyond excited.” Bomi glanced at the clock in the wall. “She’s probably on her way right now.”

 

“Bomi, you’re not making any sense. Just tell Minah about Kyungsoo, she’ll understand. You sound like you want to meet them so much! Unless…,” Seyeon squinted her eyes as she eyeing Bomi, who suddenly busy playing with the clothes around her. Then an understanding came to Seyeon. “You want to meet Kyungsoo, aren’t you?”

 

“What? No!” Bomi answered immediately, but she refused to look at Seyeon.

 

Seyeon let out a sigh. “Bomi…”

 

“I just-!” Bomi turned around, her voice raised. “I just want to show him, that I can do whatever I want, that I already over him, that our meeting that day didn’t mean anything and didn’t affect me at all!”

 

“Which is absolutely true,” Seyeon said sarcastically.

 

“Seyeon-ah!” Bomi whimpered.

 

“Well that’s the truth, right? You cried all night, and I know you’re still bothered by it. I understand what you mean, but what if it’s backfired to you? What if you’ll fall for him again, and he hurts you, again? Please think about it once more,” Seyeon rubbed her temple, a little bit tiring for doing this conversation again with Bomi.

 

“Well I can’t avoid him forever, right? We’re junior high friends,” Bomi puffed her cheeks.

 

“Who cares? Who still hangs out with their junior high friends anyway?” Seyeon said in a mocking tone.

 

Now Bomi rolled her eyes. “We do,” she tried to remind Seyeon. “And our friends do. We have at least 4 reunions every year,” Bomi frowned as she counting the number of reunions they had.  “You know I hate to miss our class’ reunion every time Kyungsoo came. And Jongdae’s wedding is coming up! I’ll definitely be there, and I’m sure Kyungsoo will, too. There’s no way I’m missing out Jongdae’s wedding.”

 

“Aish! You right!” Seyeon gave up. “But stick to your words, okay? Prove him that you’re already over him, that you completely fine.”

 

Bomi nodded happily. “And you’ll come with me, right? Pleaseeee?” she added hurriedly, while clinging to Seyeon’s arm, and slightly puffing her cheeks in cute manner.

 

Seyeon looked at Bomi helplessly. “Alright, alright! But don’t expect me to cheer on them, okay? Now… What’s with the clothes? You want to impress Park Chanyeol? Or Kyungsoo?” Seyeon changed her attention to the mess around them.

 

“… Kyungsoo,” Bomi mumbled and sighed. “He was looking so fine when we met. It’s not fair! It’s like he’s not aging at all, with that dreamy eyes of him…”

 

Seyeon stared at Bomi from head to toe. Clearly someone hasn’t seen the mirror…, Seyeon thought to herself, since Bomi can still easily pass as a freshman in high school. “Okay so you want to make him drop down to his knees from amazement of your beauty and make him die of regret from leaving you? We can arrange that,” Seyeon said Bomi after she nodded excessively. “What about this dress?”

 

They continued picking the best outfit for Bomi, until the doorbell rang.

 

“That’s must be Minah,” Seyeon got up to open the door.

 

“Tadaaaaah! Ready for your first experience with EXO? I promise it’ll worth every second of your time!” a girl with squinted eyes and reddish long hair stormed into their house and into Bomi’s room. “You will like them soooooo much! They’re the best I swear no lie!” words were bursting out from Minah’s mouth, faster than bullets. She always likes that. A little bit too energetic, a little bit too bubbly for her own good. “Hey, you two will help me carry the banner for their performance later, right? I made this mini banner…,” Minah already busied herself with her EXO’s stuff.

 

“You didn’t tell her?” Seyeon asked to Bomi, stood in the doorway. “I thought she’ll show up with a long dress, high heels, and a tiara, minimum.”

 

“What? Tell me what?” Minah looked interested, as she looking back and forth at Bomi and Seyeon. “And why do I have to dress up like that when I only want to watch a performance in a club? One thing more, the performance is a little bit later in the evening, why do you tell me to come at this hour?”

 

Bomi was playing with her fingers. “Umm Minah, actually… Somehow, I get to be friend with one of the EXO member,” she glanced towards Seyeon who looked amused, “… so, we’ll meet the band before the performance.”

 

Minah’s jaw dropped. “WHAT? WHO? HOW? NOW? WE MEET THEM?” She gasped upon looking her attire. She wears casual clothes of jeans, T-shir, and varsity jacket, which are okay, actually, but not according to Minah’s standard of meeting her idols. “You want me to meet them looking like this?! Wait wait, let’s rewind. You never mentioned it when I talked about EXO. Seyeon always shushed me whenever I started to talk about them.”

 

“That’s because I’m not interested and you always, always have to mention them in every conversation.”

 

“Well excuse me-” Minah annoyed, ready to give her self-defense.

 

“Wait,” Seyeon stopped her abruptly. She narrowed her eyes and stared at Minah. “You kept on talking about… the vocalist with the angel’s voice.” Bomi held her breath when she heard this, she also remembered and now it’s pretty clear who it is.

 

“YESSS! Oh my God he’s so purrrrfeeeccct,” Minah threw her hands in the air. “Just one line, ONE LINE! You hear him sing one line and BAM! Your soul went to heaven.” Minah noticed that the girls were staring at her. “It’s true! I’m not exaggerating this time!”

 

Minah was already prepared to throw another lengthy explanation about how good EXO is, but to her surprise, Seyeon just gave her a little nod. “I know,” she said quietly.

 

“You know?” now Minah was officially confused.

 

“You tell her,” Seyeon said to Bomi before disappeared to her own room.

 

“Tell me what already?” Minah started to feel annoyed by this ‘tell-her’ things.

 

Bomi signaled her to sit in the bed, so the two sat side by side in Bomi’s bed. “Oh yeah, Bomi-ah, so, who’s your friend? And you’re not just joking with me, right?”

 

Bomi shook her head. “I-, um-, well… It’s Park Chanyeol, and-”

 

“He’s your friend?! Omoooo, Bomi-ah, have you pregnant yet?!”

 

“N-neh?!” Bomi shrieked in shock.

 

“What?!” Seyeon showed up hearing the word ‘pregnant’. “Bomi, are you-?!”

 

“You hear his baritone voice, right? It’s just pure !” Minah’s eyes sparkled. “How can that face produce that kind of voice?” Minah realized the shock in Bomi’s and Seyeon’s faces. “Oh sorry, it’s a joke among the fans. So, you were saying…? You’re friends with Park Chanyeol? Wait, you didn’t even know him at the party before.”

 

Seyeon, who regained her consciousness, chimed in casually, “She slept with him.”

 

“YOU WHAT?” Minah’s jaw may be damaged permanently if she didn’t close it soon. She stared at Bomi with shocked and disbelief. “HOW- BUT- YOU- CHANYEOL-”

 

“Aish, Seyeon-ah!” Bomi’s face all read due to embarrassment. “Aaah, moella! That vocalist with angel’s voice, he’s Do Kyungsoo, right?”

 

“Y-yeah, why?”

 

“He’s my ex-boyfriend.”

 

Bomi thought Minah would yell again, but this time she just blinked her eyes in confusion. “What?” Minah looked dumbfounded. “But… Bomi-ah, you only have one ex-boyfriend?” she asked looking at Bomi. Bomi told her once about her ex-boyfriend back in her hometown. “Kyungsoo … is THE ex-boyfriend? The BAD ex-boyfriend?”

 


 

Chanyeol put his phone back to his pocket. “Okay, Bomi’s almost here,” he rubbed his hands together as he faced s. Suho sat on the single couch in front of the closet, looking at Chanyeol with an amused look. Baekhyun, Jongin, and Sehun occupied the long couch in that order; Baekhyun grinned widely, Sehun with his bland, unreadable face, and Jongin looked strangely distracted and more quiet than usual. “Now, Bomi and I already manage to be friends-” Baekhyun giggled while Suho said, “You only want to be friends? Really?”, but Chanyeol chose to dissed them and continued, “and she’s a potential fan, so I don’t want to make things weird or embarrassing. And that means NO SMART- JOKES, especially about my… ugh-”

 

“ity,” Sehun helped, but Chanyeol just glared at him.

 

“I’m talking to you, Byun Baekhyun!” Chanyeol pointed his index finger towards smiley Baekhyun. “Be a civilized friend for today! And you, Oh Sehun!” now he moved his index finger to Sehun. “Just... don’t say anything, okay, Kid? And stop calling her ‘Hyengsoonim’, can’t you call her ‘Noona’ instead?” Chanyeol sounded almost pleading. “And Jongin… Oh, you haven’t met her yet. I guess I don’t have to worry about you, though. And…,” Chanyeol stopped, staring at his leader.

 

Suho made a loop-sided smile and raised his eyebrows. “Yes?”

 

“... Hyung… Please?” he begged.

 

Suho just chuckled, not answering.

 

“Ugh… Anyway, where’s Kyungsoo? It’s not like him to be late. And he’s been out of it lately,” Chanyeol scratched the back of his head.

 

“I asked him to drive his father’s car. Obviously we can’t cram all of us into my car,” Suho answered. “He should be here soon.”

 

“Ah. Right. Didn’t think it about it,” Chanyeol nodded in approval.

 

“I know you don’t.”

 

BUZZZ! The doorbell rang.

 

Chanyeol jumped in his place. “Okay, be cool! Baekhyun!”

 

“What?” Baekhyun raised his hands, putting innocent face.

 

Chanyeol rubbed his nose before opening the door. Three girls were standing in front of his flat, Bomi in front with her two friends stood behind her. “Hey! You’re here!” Chanyeol opened his flat’s room wider, welcoming his guest with super wide smile that can be categorized as creepy by people’s opinions.

 

Bomi smiled nervously. “Well, I don’t want to make Sehun-ssi sad, am I?” she tried to joke while coming in with an uninterested Seyeon and a defeated Minah. After she found out about Kyungsoo, his bias, turned out to be her bestfriend’s bad ex-boyfriend, she couldn’t get as enthusiast as before.

 

“Come in!” Chanyeol took Bomi’s elbow and pulled her in. “So, here’s my members. I already tried to civilize them, but please bear with them. Hey, scoot over!” he yelled at Sehun, Jongin, and Baekhyun who occupied the couches. Suho, of course, remained at his seat. “I’ll pour you some drinks.”

 

Jongin, being the polite and the second youngest, moved voluntary to the carpet. However his eyes glued to Bomi… or at least he thought the girl with brown wavy hair must be Bomi, judging by the way Chanyeol acted toward her.

 

“Bomi-ah, sit here!” Baekhyun waved his hand and then patted the seat beside him, which is now empty after Jongin moved.

 

Bomi nodded a little, smiling. She bowed to Suho, who only flashed his hand, staring at the girls with his half smile-half smug expression. 

 

“Come on,” she whispered to Seyeon and Minah. She aware that there’s a guy that she didn’t know, tanned skin and well-build, staring at her with intensity, but she didn’t know why. Maybe curious to see his friend’s first. Bomi was just about the sit when she realized that Sehun did not budge in his seat, just staring blankly to something. “Sehun-ssi?”

 

Baekhyun kicked Sehun’s leg. The maknae still sat in the couch with a blank expression on his face. He snapped in confusion upon Baekhyun’s kick, “What? Ah,” he hurriedly slid down to the carpet, but then he back to staring at something. She took the seat beside Baekhyun, then Minah beside her, at lastly Seyeon in the single couch across Suho.

 

“Soooo,” Chanyeol showed up, serving soda to the girls before sitting in the carpet beside Sehun and Jongin. “Hey. I’m Park Chanyeol,” he said to Minah and Seyeon. Minah showed some interest as she not-so-secretly elbowed Bomi and gave her a thumb up, while Seyeon clearly judged Chanyeol, scanning him from head to toe and shooting him a look. “Ehm!” Chanyeol cleared his throat, nervous from Seyeon’s death glare. His eyes met Bomi’s, who sent him encouraging smile. “Bomi, you haven’t met this guy. This is Jongin, our drummer,” he patted Jongin’s shoulder beside him. Jongin bowed his head towards the girls. “And that is our maknae, Sehun. Our leader, Suho Hyung. And Byun Baekhyun. We still have one member left, he’s on his way.”

 

Bomi felt something in her stomach, knowing that it will be Kyungsoo. “Ah, I’m Yoon Bomi,” she said while looked at Jongin, the only member she didn’t know. Then she faced everyone else, “This is Bang Minah, she’s my friend in college, and she’s a fan of yours,” Bomi held Minah’s hand. Minah smiled weakly as she waved her hand. “And she’s Jin Seyeon, she’s my best friend.”

 

Seyeon smiled politely.

 

“I know you,” suddenly Suho spoke. “You’re studying Law, right? I’m your sunbae,” he added when Seyeon nodded. “You’re famous for being the Ice Princess.”

 

“Ice Princess?” Bomi turned to Suho, curious.

 

“Yes. Well you see, she’s beautiful, and a lot of senior have tried to approach her, but she reject every single one of them,” Suho smiled. “And apparently it’s rare to see her smile, that’s why, Ice Princess.”

 

Minah looked at Seyeon with disbelief. “You? Ice Princess? Waaa… They must be blind,” she murmured, but loud enough for everyone to hear.

 

Seyeon shot her a look, but said nothing.

 

BUZZZ! Again, the doorbell rang.

 

“That’s must be Kyungsoo,” Chanyeol stood up.

 

Bomi did a quick brush to her hair with her fingers and repositioned herself. Minah and Seyeon glanced at her. Jongin, too, secretly noticed this. 

 

Kyungsoo came in, with his usual blank-shocked face that caused by his wide-almost-popped eyes. “… hello,” he said as he came in, nodded a little. He immediately saw Bomi, who avoided looking at him.

 

“Aaand, this is Do Kyungsoo,” Chanyeol put his arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

 

“But Kyungsoo Hyung, I thought you and Hyeongsoonim-, Bomi Noona,” Sehun corrected himself when Chanyeol glared at him, “you two knew each other?”

 

“Eh, really?” Chanyeol turned to Kyungsoo. Now every eyes in the room looked at Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo swallowed. “Mm. Yes, we’re…”

 

“We’re junior high friends, the three of us,” Seyeon cut him, turning her head to Kyungsoo. “Hey, Kyungsoo. Long time no see.”

 

“Oh, Seyeon,” Kyungsoo finally noticed her. “You’re here.”

 

“Aaah, I see. I forget you’re a transfer student,” Chanyeol nodded excessively as he dragged Kyungsoo down to the carpet. “Minah-ssi! I heard you like the vocalist?” he wriggled his eyebrows, eyes beamed, arm on Kyungsoo. “So, this is our vocalist, or which one do you like?”

 

Minah panicked a little. There’s noooo waaaayyy she would admit that she had a huge crush on Bomi’s ex-boyfriend, that she used to say he’s her future husband. She flapped her hands for a while before pointed to Baekhyun, “Baekhyun-ssi! I like, Baekhyun-ssi!” she quickly said.

 

Baekhyun laughed as he stuck his tongue to Kyungsoo. “Haha, it’s me, not you! You should give up you vocalist position to me!” Kyungsoo only gave him a wry smile.

 

“So, how’s Kyungsoo in junior high?” Suho asked Bomi and Seyeon. “Did he always a timid, neat-freak like now?”

 

“Hyung,” Kyungsoo groaned.  

 

“Hm, yeah, same old,” Seyeon answered for Bomi. “Do you still cook, Kyungsoo?”

 

“He’s our chef!” Chanyeol pat Kyungsoo’s shoulder proudly. Kyungsoo mumbled something inaudible and shook off Chanyeol’s arm from himself. Bomi looked at this nervously while Jongin made a mental note about Bomi’s attitude.  

 

“Our Umma,” Sehun added.

 

“Why? He cooked since junior high?” Suho asked.

 

“Yes… but he wasn’t always that good. Urgh. I remember when he brought his first home-made lunch, it was fried rice and he offered it to anyone, and it was salty beyond words,” Seyeon and Bomi cringed, both of them remembered it.

 

“Oh, and the cupcakes,” suddenly Bomi chimed in.

 

“Ah, the cupcakes. They looked like they baked in hell, burnt and hard…-” Kyungsoo yelled, ‘Hey!’ but Seyeon ignored him, “But I didn’t taste it, how was it?” she turned to Bomi.

 

“They were… better that it looked?” Bomi offered an answer, hesitated because she knew Kyungsoo was watching her.

 

“Why didn’t you taste it?” Suho picked up, asking Seyeon.

 

Seyeon stared at him. The truth was Kyungsoo made the cupcakes for Bomi only, and Bomi treasured it too much she refused to share it with anyone. “… Because I cherished myself and I didn’t want to die after eating Kyungsoo’s experimental cupcakes,” Seyeon didn’t move her eyes from Suho. There’s something about the leader that didn’t feel right for Seyeon.

 

“Seyeon!” Kyungsoo protested. “That wasn’t my experimental cupcakes! That was the best… after several attempts…,” his voice drifted away.

 

“What about love?” Baekhyun exclaimed in his seat. Bomi stiffened beside Baekhyun.

 

“Baekhyun!” Kyungsoo called him with a ‘please-stop’ tone. 

 

“Ex-girlfriend? I remembered he had a girlfriend in high school, a noona? Do you know her?” Baekhyun continued.

 

“Right! Didn’t Kyung say he can’t forget her?” Chanyeol added.

 

“I-,” Bomi stood up, “-need to use the bathroom.” She looked at Chanyeol, who shocked by her sudden action, and could only nod.

 

Kyungsoo watched Bomi’s back and let out a little sigh. Seyeon glanced at him before turned to answer Baekhyun, “We went do different high schools. I don’t know this noona, sorry.”

 

“Look, she’s not the one I can’t forget, okay? Now dropped this conversation,” Kyungsoo shook his head. Seyeon raised her eyebrows to Kyungsoo, but Kyungsoo avoided her eyes.

 

Suho checked his watch. “I think we should go now. Here,” he threw his car key to Chanyeol. “You and Baekhyun drive with the girls. I just drive with Kyungsoo and the rest.” Sehun looked like he want to say something, but he closed his mouth shut.

 

Baekhyun stood up. “Okay, let’s roll!”

 


 

Thank you for the comments & for subscribing.

Good news; APink's comeback this week! And Infinite next week (?). Ugggh I hope they promote together. And I think EXO will still promoting when APink comeback? EXOpink and pinkfinite feels~