Butterflies

Closer, Closer

 

friendly reminder: 6300++ words

 


 

Honestly, how do I look?

Whenever I look at your eyes I get confused

When I look at you my heart keeps on thumping, what should I do?

How Do I Look – Girl’s Day

 


 

To: Annoying Girl

My sister wants to take a family picture in the park, can you help her? By the way, she has two little monster that remind me of you, loud and snot.

 


 

“Jealousy , I know, I can relate,” Seyeon smiled bitterly while patting Bomi’s shoulder.

 

“What?” Bomi dug into her bowl of ice cream in her lap, “But I’m not jealous…?”

 

“No, of course not, you just casually tell me around twenty times that this Jiyeon girl who happened to be Chanyeol’s first love is so gorgeous,” Seyeon her spoon clean. “You are totally not jealous.”

 

“But I don’t… And I didn’t say it 20 times,” Bomi frowned at Rasputin in their TV screen, “… I mean, why am I jealous? I don’t- Well she’s beautiful, but I kind of feel… No, that’s not it, what I mean is- Uh okay this is confusing,” she gave up and shoved a handful of ice cream into .

 

“It’s kind of natural, actually,” Seyeon had her legs up on the coffee table in their living room, “Because we girls like to compare ourselves with other girls, even though it’s pointless and useless. Especially when it comes to boys… Considering your relationship with Chanyeol, it’s normal that you compare yourself with the girl that Chanyeol liked.”

 

In the dead of the night, evil will find her!” Bomi sang along with Rasputin and his underlings. It’s one of their movie-nights and tonight they’re re-watching Anastasia. 

 

“Yah! Listen to me when I talk!” Seyeon hit Bomi’s head with her spoon.

 

“Gross, Seyeon-ah!” Bomi yelled, rubbing her hair in the spot that Seyeon hit. “I heard you.”

 

“Do you like Chanyeol?” Seyeon asked out of the blue.

 

Bomi didn’t answer.

 

“You can’t confidently say that you like him, but it’s not that you don’t have any feeling towards him. Am I right?”

 

Bomi glanced at Seyeon for a second, before singing, “In the dead of the night~!”

 

Seyeon was totally done with Bomi.

 


 

From: Bbom

What are you doing?

 

Kyungsoo typed ‘Reading, what about you?

 

But then he found himself staring hard at his phone.

 

Kyungsoo exhaled deeply after he sent the message, and then he left his phone in his room while he took a walk outside.

 


 

From: DKS

Reading.

 

Bomi sighed and threw her phone away. Why did she even bother in the first place?

 


 

Minah walked ahead of Bomi, and as always, beamed up at the sight of Baekhyun outside their classroom. The boy didn’t even greet, he just started to walk because he knew Minah would follow, “Minah-yah, the drama last night- Ugh, I can’t even- Why did she do that?!” and they talked about last night’s drama that they watched.

 

Chanyeol was actually calmer, waiting behind Baekhyun for Bomi to walk out. He offered to bring Bomi’s books for her but the girl refused him.

 

“You hadn’t had breakfast?” she asked.

 

Chanyeol nodded, holding his stomach with sad face. “When I lived in boarding house, my neighbor used to wake me up and sometimes he even asked me to eat with him. Aaaah I miss that Hyung,” he pouted.

 

Bomi stretched her arm to be able to reach Chanyeol’s head in order to pat him. “There, there, come, let Noona treat you lunch. But the dessert’s on you.”

 

“Deal!”

 


 

Seyeon had been staring at her phone for 5 minutes now. Finally she shook her head, leaving the empty message in the draft.

 

To: Sehun

 


 

To: Mean Guy

I’m editing the pictures, I’ll send it to you later. I hope your sister will be satisfied. She’s so prettyyyy and nice too, are you two blood-related for real? By the way, the little monsters said you’re afraid of butterflies?! HAHAHAHAHAHA.

 


 

There he was, the guy that took Seyeon’s heart simply by smiling; he’s walking towards her with his own friends. For a moment right after seeing him Seyeon almost stopped in her place and turned around. It’s the first time she saw Suho in campus after her little fight with Sehun. But then she saw he looked up at her, and Seyeon clenched her fists, determined.

 

They walked into each other and her friends bowed to Suho and his friends to be greeted back by his smile, and usually Seyeon would ignored him because she didn’t know him, and then she ignored him because she didn’t want her friends to know her relationship with Suho and Suho just played along, but this time she wanted to try to stay.

 

Seyeon bowed her head, “Oppa.”

 

Suho’s eyes widened and he was struck for a moment, before he regained his composure and immediately smiling to her, “Oh, Seyeon.”

 

That was it and then they parted, but Seyeon had to bit her lips to refrain herself from smiling too wide, while her friends went noisy, “You know Suho Sunbae?”

 

And she could hear Suho’s friends, “What is this? You know Ice Princess?”

 

Suho chuckled before replied, Seyeon could hear his smile all over it, “Apparently, I do.”

 


 

To: Seyeon Noona

I’m sorr

 

Sehun erased the unsent text messaged and buried his head in his pillow.

 


 

To: Annoying Girl

Yah, babo, you left your wallet in the river this afternoon from when you played with Monggu. I’ll keep it. Are you going to the river again this Sunday or should we meet up?   

 


 

Minah’s smile disappeared immediately when she saw there’s only Chanyeol waiting outside her class.

 

“Ugh, I know you’re disappointed that Baekhyun’s not with me, but can you be less obvious about it… You’re hurting my feeling,” Chanyeol faked a hurt face.

 

Minah puffed her cheeks, dissatisfied by the fact that despite how she and Baekhyun clicked to each other, Baekhyun still playing hard to get. She turned to Chanyeol, “Well, bye bye, Baekhyun’s friend!” she said jokingly, waving to him as she went.

 

“Auch!” Chanyeol laughed. “Bye, Minah!” He turned around to face Bomi and offered to bring Bomi’s books. The girl accepted his offer. “How’s your presentation?” Chanyeol took smaller steps to match Bomi’s steps.

 

“I don’t know, I think I messed up,” Bomi replied, kicking the air grumpily.

 

“Don’t worry about it, I’m sure it’s not that bad,” Chanyeol poked her cheek. “Why don’t we eat at that restaurant that you like today?”

 


 

From: Baekhyunnie <3

Today I’m eating lunch with Taeyeon, my friend that I told you before, remember? Let’s eat together some other time ^__^

 


 

“How was your presentation?” Seyeon barged in to Bomi’s room as soon as she arrived home. Bomi had been stressed out by it a couple days before, and Seyeon got nervous about it too.

 

“I don’t know,” Bomi rolled around in her bed. “Let’s not talk about it…,” she groaned.

 

“Oh. Okay,” Seyeon Bomi’s hair lightly. “By the way… I ate lunch with Jongin and Kyungsoo today… And he asked me about your presentation too.”

 

Bomi raised her head. “Really?”

 

“Yeah, did you tell him that you have a presentation coming?”

 

“I did,” Bomi admitted. “He just said good luck… What were you guys talking about before he asked about me?”

 

“Nothing related to you,” Seyeon shrugged. “He just asked, out of the blue.” She smiled meaningfully to Bomi.

 

“… whatever,” Bomi turned her back to Seyeon, “It doesn’t matter anyway.”

 

“Yes, yes… Of course…,” Seyeon left with a teasing smile on her face.

 


 

Jongin slumped down into Sehun’s bed, throwing the paper bag he carried to the boy’s lap. “There! The shirt and the trouser that you want! Happy now?”

 

Sehun inspected the bag before returned it to Jongin. “I think… I don’t want it anymore.”

 

“WHAT?!” Jongin shouted. “Do you know that I beg Kyungsoo to make me lunch for days so I can save money for your blackmail?”

 

Sehun frowned. “Blackmail? I don’t think— Oh, yeah, I guess that’s counted as blackmail.”

 

“Of course it is, you ,” Jongin muttered. He stared at Sehun who went back to working on his homework. “Spill it,” he said suddenly. “I know it’s strange that Seyeon didn’t say anything about me leaving her behind like that.”

 

Sehun kept quiet, still focusing on his homework.

 

“It’s you and your mouth again, isn’t it?” Jongin kicked Sehun’s chair. Sehun’s bluntness was no secret to them, and while they’re already got used to it, it’s a different case with other people. “Spill it, maknae,” he kicked Sehun’s chair repeatedly.

 

Finally Sehun was annoyed by Jongin’s kicks. “Fine, yes, it’s me and my dumb mouth. I said something that made her angry.”

 

“Must be about Suho Hyung.”

 

Sehun shrugged half-heartedly. 

 

Jongin stared at Sehun’s poker face and ruffled his hair. “She didn’t say anything about it, so I guess it’s good…,” Jongin said, “Still, it’s better if you apologized to her. Okay?” He smiled, satisfied by Sehun’s light nod. Jongin looked down to the paper bag with the new shirt and trouser inside it. “Huh, luckily we are the same size-”

 

Sehun snatched the paper bag before Jongin could take out the shirt. “On second thought… I do want the shirt. What?” He added when Jongin glared at him, “Hey, you’re the one who said it’s good with Seyeon Noona, Hyung.”

 


 

From: DKS

Are you at home?

 

To: DKS

No, but I’m on my way home.

 

Bomi’s heartbeat slightly quicken when she read Kyungsoo’s message. Why the sudden message? Maybe he wants to see her? Bomi wished the bus that takes her home is faster now.

 

To: DKS

I’m already home. Why?

 

From: DKS

I was nearby and I wanted to drop-by… But I changed my mind, maybe next time.

 

Bomi tried to breathe slowly and not disappointed so much about it. What are you, bipolar? So strange…, she thought, putting away her phone so she wouldn’t be tempted to prolong the text messages.

 


 

“You sure you don’t want to join us?” Chanyeol asked, taking over Bomi’s books as soon the girl walked out from her classroom.

 

“Naaah, I don’t like being the third-wheel,” Minah scoffed. “See you around, Chanyeol! Bye Bomi! Have fun!”

 

“I can’t wait to watch the movie!” Bomi exclaimed happily, slightly skipping in her steps.

 

“Do we really have to watch Resident Evil? I mean, there’s this cool movie about a band-,” Chanyeol stopped talking when he saw Bomi pouting beside him.

 

“But you promise to watch Resident Evil with me!” Bomi pinched his arm.

 

“Aw! Okay, okay, we’ll watch Resident Evil!” he said, bringing the smile back to Bomi’s face.

 


 

To: Mean Guy

I finished reading the book you lent me. It was so goooood! Same time, same place in that café, tomorrow?

 


 

Bomi almost didn’t dare to breathe because the image of the wide-eyes boy that now has become a man showed up in her mind again. “My first love?”

 

“Well,” Chanyeol scratched the back of his neck. “I mean, I told you about mine. Won’t it be fair if you tell me yours too?” he grinned sheepishly. But then he quickly added, as if he had a change of mind, “But, only if you don’t mind.”

 

“Umm… I guess you’re right,” Bomi bit the hem of her sweater’s sleeve out of nervousness. Somehow it came naturally that she and Kyungsoo hide the fact that they used to date in the past, and Bomi never really sure why they did. But the closer she got with Chanyeol, the more she wanted to hide it, and Bomi didn’t know why. “Uh… It’s my friend in junior high,” she carefully started.

 

Kim Jongdae, Chanyeol thought, remembering the guy’s name from his visit to Kyungsoo’s house.

 

“And… we’re good friends… I can’t even remember when I started to like him,” now Bomi was playing with her hair, “We were always together that liking him became very natural,” she smiled a little, thinking about her younger days. “And then… we dated.”

 

“Ah really?!” Chanyeol seemed excited by himself. “Best friends that turned into lover, aaah I always envy that kind of relationship. And then?”

 

“Then… it didn’t work out,” Bomi smiled weakly. “And the worst part is we can’t go back to being friends.”

 

“Oh…,” Chanyeol stared into the ground, and then awkwardly patted Bomi’s back. “Um… what happened?”

 

“… This is embarrassing, but, you know I was in all-girl high school? Well he’s in co-ed high school, and there’s this sunbae… a girl. They were close and she took good care of him, like a noona, and I, uh, I was madly jealous of her,” Bomi cringed at her thought. “I made a huge deal of it, I was really sure that the sunbae liked him. I wanted him to stop being friends with her, and he refused because she’s a good friend of him. We had arguments and finally we had this one huge fight… He must have been tired of me because he broke it off.”

 

Bomi tried to smile as if it didn’t matter, and Chanyeol smiled back to comfort her.

 

“Well…,” Chanyeol’s foot found a rock to kick in the ground, “I don’t know about it, but if I was him, I’ll try my best to convince you that I only love yo— I mean—,” Chanyeol cleared his throat, “—I only love my girlfriend. So she won’t have to worry about other girls. And if it’s make my girlfriend happy, I’ll distant myself from other girls… Still being friends, just, you know, not that close.”

 

“To be honest, it’s partly my fault too, cause my jealousy is irrational,” Bomi said, ashamed.

 

“… I think it’s cute if girls get jealous… That means she really loves me, right?” Chanyeol stared at Bomi right in the eyes that the girl felt the need to look away.

 

“Um… yes?” Bomi looked down to the ground, feeling her cheeks blushed.

 

Chanyeol was oblivious, deep in his own thoughts. “How long did you date him?”

 

“… Around 2 years.”

 

“Two years?!” Chanyeol shouted too loudly it made the pedestrian around them stare. “Wow… that’s… That’s quite a long time,” he mumbled to himself, thinking about his own relationships that only lasted around weeks or a couple months.

 

“Is it…?” Bomi’s mind drifted along her days with Kyungsoo back then.

 

They went back silent, busy with their own thought, when a realization struck Chanyeol.

 

And being Chanyeol, he accidently blurted his mind out loud.

 

“But Kyungsoo said Kim Jongdae isn’t your ex-boyfriend…?”

 

“... what?” Bomi stopped walking.

 

“What?” Chanyeol also stopped walking, turning his head to Bomi in confusion.

 

“What—?” Bomi frowned as she recalled what Chanyeol just said. “… Kim Jongdae… How do you know Jongdae?”

 

Chanyeol’s face went pale went he realized what he said. “Ah— That’s, um… Photo—Kyungsoo—Er, graduation—High school—Yearbook—Kyungsoo showed me—” Chanyeol face-palmed himself. Slowly, he dragged his hand down from his face, and stared at still confused Bomi, “… I saw a photo of your high school graduation… in your room? I got curious, about the boy that wrapped his arm on you… So I asked Kyungsoo about it.” He eyed Bomi, waiting for her reaction.

 

“I still don’t understand,” Bomi shook her head. “What about Jongdae’s not my ex-boyfriend?”

 

“Ah, umm, I thought he’s your boyfriend,” Chanyeol scratched his hair, “because it looks like you two were so comfortable… But when I asked Kyungsoo, he said that Kim Jongdae is not your ex-boyfriend, he’s your first love. So when you tell me about your first love just now, I thought you’re talking about Kim Jongdae.”

 

Bomi blinked several times, trying to understand Chanyeol’s story. “But I’ve never like Jongdae…?” she furrowed her eyebrows. “… AH. That,” she scoffed. “I did have a small crush on Jongdae, but it’s really nothing. But Kyungsoo always thinks that he’s my first love,” Bomi said, slightly annoyed but also amused.

 

“Oh, is that so?” They started to walk again, and Chanyeol secretly relieved that Bomi didn’t question why Chanyeol was very curious about Bomi’s ex-boyfriend.

 

“… you asked Kyungsoo about my ex-boyfriend?” Chanyeol heard Bomi asked quietly, she just stared at the ground, not looking at him.

 

“Um, uh, yeah.”

 

“… what did he say?”

 

“Ha?” Chanyeol thought Bomi was going to ask, ‘Why?’. “… Ah, he said, I should ask you about it myself, he didn’t want you to think he’s meddling in your business or so…”

 

Bomi nodded her head.

 

“… Chanyeol?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“About my first love… or my ex-boyfriend… Don’t ask about it to Kyungsoo anymore, okay?” Chanyeol turned his head and his gaze met Bomi’s. Bomi had a small smile on her face, a smile that Chanyeol couldn’t understand at that time.

 

“… okay.”

 


 

“Oppa, should we go now?”

 

Suho looked up at Seyeon, standing in front of his table in the cafeteria where Suho sat with his friends, about to have lunch together. Suho raised his eyebrows because they certainly didn’t have any arrangement to go anywhere. However he noticed Seyeon bit her lower lips while her fingers slightly trembled.

 

Suho smiled, gathering his things. “Sure.” He stood up, and he could see Seyeon secretly let out a sigh of relief. Suho offered his hand to Seyeon, and Seyeon eyed in for a second before she took it.

 

“Where are we going?” Suho glanced to his side to ask.

 

“… eat.” Seyeon pressed her lips together, her face was cold as always but there’s a bit of pink in her cheeks.

 

Suho chuckled in amusement. “Will I ever get an explanation of what happened…?”

 

“… no. And don’t ask.” Seyeon swiped her bang to the side.

 

“… alright,” Suho pulled Seyeon’s hand and brought her closer. “Whatever it is, I like it.”

 

Seyeon looked away, murmuring something alongside, “Stop it, Joonmyeon,” to hide her reddened face.

 

Although a part of her wondered how many times Suho did these kinds of things to other girls.

 

She held Suho’s hand tighter.

 

She had to try.

 


 

To: Kyungsoo

Hi, Kyungsoo, this is Minah. I want to say sorry for being ‘an immature brat’ (as Jongin said), and treated you bad even though you didn’t do anything wrong to me. (BUT I STILL THINK WHAT YOU DID TO BOMI WAS WAAAAY BEYOND WRONG) (oh wait don’t tell Jongin I said that, please?) Anyway, again, I’m sorry.

 

And… friends?

 

Minah

 


 

Bomi was a little bit startled to see Suho on her living room when she went home that day. Suho looked up to her from the thick book in his lap, several other books were sprawled on the coffee table. “Oh, Suho Oppa.”

 

“Hello. I’m tutoring Seyeon,” Suho gave an explanation without Bomi needed to ask, raising the book on his lap and showing Bomi the title of the book. Something law related, well of course since it was Seyeon’s and Suho’s major. “Seyeon’s taking a bath,” Suho explained again when Bomi looked around the living room for the signs of her house-mate.

 

“Ah, I see,” Bomi grinned. She put down her stuff in her room and walked out again, noticing that there’s no beverages or snacks in front of Suho yet. Bomi went to the kitchen. “Are you okay with tea, Oppa, we don’t have anything special… Or coffee?” she said from the kitchen.

 

“Coffee, if it’s okay.”

 

“You’re staying for dinner?” Bomi asked between preparing the coffee for Suho.

 

“Your friend hasn’t mentioned anything about it.”

 

“Well, then, I invite you to dinner with us, Oppa.” She went back to the living room with the tray in her hand; coffee and some biscuits on it.

 

“Thanks,” Suho said with a smile when Bomi put the mug in front of Suho.

 

“So…,” Bomi sat on the other couch, facing Suho. “Everything’s alright now?” she asked curiously. Seyeon hadn’t talk about Suho anymore since the day she went home drunk with Sehun. Seyeon also didn’t show any sign of remembering her fight with Sehun; she just simply didn’t say anything.

 

Suho cocked his head to the side and raised his left eyebrow. “Was it ever not alright before?” he asked, smirking.

 

“Ah, that’s not what I mean…,” Bomi answered, flustered, suddenly felt rather nervous.       

 

Suho chuckled, making his eyes turned into crescent-shape and Bomi thought the EXO’s leader was truly attractive.

 

Bomi faintly remembered how Suho’s smile bothered Seyeon but she wanted to laugh because Seyeon just didn’t want to admit that Suho’s smile attracted her. And then Bomi remembered Seyeon said something about Suho’s smile was sometimes a bit fake but right now Suho’s smile looked sincere; at least from what Bomi saw.

 

“Bomi-ah, you’re close with Sehun, right?” Suho’s voice snapped Bomi back to him.

 

“Ah? Umm… I like to think so.”

 

“When was the last time you meet him?” his tone was casual, but Bomi grew conscious of it.

 

“Two days ago, he asked me to buy him bubble tea after his cram school…”

 

“Did he…,” Suho paused, and for the first time Bomi saw the leader looked hesitated and unsure, “… say anything about… Seyeon? Or, … say anything… at all.”

 

Bomi tried her best to look confused. “Um, no, he just told me about what happened at school, and his cram school, how his study goes… Why?”

 

Suho smiled and his in-control attitude back. “Nothing, it’s just... Seyeon has been refusing to come with me to pick up Sehun a couple of times now, she used to be okay with it. She said she had something to do, but I don’t know,” Suho smiled again and shook his head. “You know what, forget it, it may be nothing.”

 

Bomi nodded and smiled back.

 

“By the way, sometimes Seyeon ate lunch with Jongin and Kyungsoo, I noticed that you never come along. Why?” Suho raised his eyebrows in question, smiling.

 

Bomi hoped it was just an innocent question.

 

“I mean, you, Seyeon, and Kyungsoo used to be best friends, right? How come you never eat with them?”

 

“Because she’s been eating lunch with Chanyeol lately,” Seyeon showed up and answered for her. She sat beside Suho and grabbed a biscuit. “She even abandoned Minah.”

 

“Hey! I don’t abandon Minah, she doesn’t want to come with us!” Bomi protested, silently relieved she didn’t have to answer Suho’s question.

 

“Is that so?” Suho seemed thinking about it. Then he smirked, “That’s good to hear. Maybe we should eat together sometimes, the four of us."

 


 

“Again? For real?” Minah stomped her foot to the floor when she only saw Chanyeol waiting outside the classroom. 

 

Chanyeol grimaced at her. “I’m sorry, I’ll drag him with me next time,” he clamped his hands together in front of his face, bending down to match Minah’s height.

 

Minah huffed. “Nah, it’s alright… Huh? Why are you here? It’s not your usual lunch-date day,” Minah tilted her head, already stopped puffing her cheeks. “And if I’m not wrong, you don’t have any class after this, right?” because Minah accidentlyremembered Baekhyun’s schedule. “And we still have class after this, not enough time for going out...”

 

Chanyeol seemed flustered with the accusation that he didn’t ask how Minah knew his schedule. “Bomi said she wants to go to the library… So I thought I can tag along.”

 

Minah scrunched up her nose, showing her dislike. “Seriously, you two… Just date already.”

 

“I—”

 

“I’m sorry, I had some question to the professor,” Bomi rushed out from her classroom to Chanyeol’s side and cut him off. “Umm… Is there something wrong?” she asked when she noticed Chanyeol’s flustered face and Minah’s sly grin.

 

“Nothing!” Chanyeol shook his head too eagerly.

 

“Hey, can I come with you guys, cause, you know, you kind of steal my best friend lately…,” Minah narrowed her eyes at Chanyeol.

 

“No one steal anyone, Minah-yah!” Bomi took Minah’s arm and dragged her along.

 

In the library, Bomi immediately went into between shelves to search for the book she want, while Chanyeol and Minah sat on one table; Chanyeol played with his phone, Minah propped her chin, seemingly thinking over something.

 

“Chanyeol,” Minah called.

 

“… yeah?” Chanyeol put his game on pause before turning to Minah.

 

“What’s Baekhyun’s type? You know… her ideal type, the type of girls that he likes!” Minah explained when Chanyeol sent her confused looks.

 

“Ooooh. Type. Hmm. I think he likes the y type. He goes crazy over… You know Girl’s Day’s suspender dance?” Chanyeol grinned. “Yeah, Baek likes it a lot.”

 

Minah frowned and looked over herself; her sneakers, jeans, varsity jacket, and messy ponytail.

 

Minah pretty sure when you looked up ‘y’ in internet, her name wouldn’t show up.

 


 

Suho knocked on Sehun’s door, and after he heard Sehun’s voice telling him to come in, he went it. Sehun was on his desk, laptop opened on one side with opened books on another.

 

“Am I interrupting your study?” Suho asked, looking over Sehun’s books in his desk. “Sorry to bother you.”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. “You know you never bother me, Hyung. What is it?”

 

Suho smiled a little, walked to Sehun’s bed and sat there. “Bomi already tell you that we’re going to hang out in her place tomorrow?” It was an idea from someone alongside Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Minah, or Bomi, but in the end it became EXO members and the girls.

 

“… yeah,” Sehun spun the pen in his hand. He glanced at Suho before went back to his books.  

 

“You’re coming, right? You’ve been studying a lot lately.”

 

Sehun was still spinning the pen in his hand. He opened his mouth to answer, “I don’t think—”

 

“Is it about Seyeon?”

 

Sehun missed a beat and the pen slipped, rolling to the end of his desk and fell. He sighed and turned to facing Suho, “Hyung, I—”

 

“You don’t like her?”

 

“Hyung!”

 

“If you don’t like her—”

 

“It’s not like that!” Sehun unconsciously raised his tone. He saw Suho’s face and felt guilt immediately. “I’m sorry, Hyung, I don’t mean to shout… It’s just…,” he ran his fingers through his hair, “… It’s not that I don’t like her, okay? Seyeon Noona is…,” Sehun his lips, looking for words. “… Seyeon Noona is alright…”

 

Suho stared at his cousin. “… Are you sure, Sehun-ah?”

 

Sehun sighed once again, and he nodded. “I’m sure, Hyung.”

 


 

To: Baekhyunnie <3

See you tomorrow at Bomi’s place! I have a surprise for youuuu :3

 


 

It was Seyeon who opened the door for Kyungsoo and Jongin. “Welcome!” she said rather cheerfully. “Pizza!” she shouted to the pizza boxes in Jongin’s hand, and the boy scoffed when he realized the source of Seyeon’s happiness.

 

“Help me, will you?” Jongin handed the pizza boxes to Seyeon while he and Kyungsoo took off their shoes; Kyungsoo put them away neatly beside Chanyeol’s and Baekhyun’s shoes.

 

“The pizza’s here!” Baekhyun also shouted from the living room, where he was busy picking on movies to watch and games to play.

 

“Did I hear pizza?” a deep voice calling from the kitchen. Then, “Auch, stop hitting me!”

 

Seyeon took the pizza boxes to the kitchen, followed by Kyungsoo, while Jongin joined Baekhyun in the living room.

 

“Oh thank God you are here, Kyungsoo-yah!” Chanyeol ran into Kyungsoo when the boy walked into the kitchen. He wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo’s shoulders from behind and they walked to the kitchen table just like that. “I introduce you to our Cooking Wizard, Do Kyungsoo. He can magically fix everything into edible food.” Chanyeol grinned widely from behind Kyungsoo.

 

“Well that’s good because we need miracle to save this dough!” Bomi whined at the bowl in front of her. She’s been trying to make chocolate brownies for the last hour, and thanks to Chanyeol misread the recipe, now the taste was a little bit… different.

 

“What happened?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“Chanyeol happened!” Bomi shot a glare to Chanyeol, and the said boy ducked, trying to hide behind Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo brushed Chanyeol away from his shoulder and walked to Bomi’s side. “Where’s Suho Hyung and Sehun?” he dipped his index finger to the dough.

 

“They go to buy soda and chips,” Seyeon answered before she went back to the living room.  

 

Kyungsoo looked up. “Ah, what kind of soda—” Because Kyungsoo didn’t really drink soda except one specific brand and taste.

 

“I already tell Sehun to buy the soda, Op- Kyungsoo,” Bomi assured him.

 

“Oh, thanks,” Kyungsoo brought his index finger to his mouth and tasted the dough. He winced at the strange taste.

 

“See?! Yah, Park Chanyeol!” Bomi raised the whisk in her hand like she wanted to hit Chanyeol.

 

“I’ll leave it to you, Kyungsoo-yah!” Chanyeol shouted while ran out from the kitchen.

 

“What did he do, really, to produce this kind of taste…?” Chanyeol could still hear Kyungsoo’s question to Bomi.

 

“So what movie we will watch?” Chanyeol bounced to Baekhyun and sat behind the shorter, resting his chin on Baekhyun’s shoulder while peeking to the laptop in Baekhyun’s lap.

 

“They’re still arguing over it…,” Baekhyun mumbled nonchalantly, browsing through his movies collection. 

 

“Really, Jongin? Really?” Seyeon stared straight at Jongin’s eyes. “Robots? And worse, alien robots?”

 

“Okay, look, it’s not just robots, Seyeon,” Jongin gritted his teeth, trying to explain it to Seyeon without getting worked up. “It’s Transformers. Auto-bots.”

 

“Are we talking in the same language, Kim Jongin?”

 

“Oh, Hang Over!” Chanyeol exclaimed, looking hopefully to Seyeon. “… no?” he asked nervously when Seyeon narrowed her eyes to him.

 

“Hey guys, what about Mean Girls?” Baekhyun suggested. He went back to browsing his movies when he saw Jongin’s and Seyeon’s stare at him.

 

Bomi shouted from the kitchen, “Can we watch Saw—”

 

“NO,” Baekhyun, Jongin, Seyeon, and Chanyeol said in unison.

 

Bomi pouted. “But it will be fun…”

 

“Why don’t we watch Monster University?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

They were quiet for a while, before everyone cheered in agreement. Chanyeol and Baekhyun even clapped their hands, “You’re a genius, Kyungsoo-yah!”

 

Jongin and Seyeon went back to argue about more movies, and Baekhyun was about to connect his laptop with the TV but Chanyeol didn’t move away from his shoulder. “Yah, giant, move!” he tried to shake his shoulder but the other boy ignored him. Baekhyun frowned when he noticed Chanyeol was a little bit weird. He followed Chanyeol’s stare to the kitchen, where Kyungsoo was stirring the dough with Bomi on his side, telling him something that made him smile. “Geez… Are you jealous with Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun pat Chanyeol’s cheek.

 

Chanyeol startled at the gesture and pulled himself away from Baekhyun, rubbing his cheek. Jongin and Seyeon glanced towards Baekhyun and Chanyeol before they exchanged stare.

 

“It’s not that…,” Chanyeol murmured, still rubbing his cheek. “It’s not like that- Stop that!” he pushed Baekhyun’s face away when Baekhyun wouldn’t stop grinning at him. “I’m just thinking. Kyungsoo told me that they’re actually childhood friends. Yeah, you can’t tell too, right? Because when we’re together they don’t look that close. But now when I see it… Don’t you think Kyungsoo looks different when he’s with Bomi?”

 

Baekhyun turned his head to the kitchen, right in time to see Kyungsoo laughed. Bomi tried to hit his arm but Kyungsoo managed to dodge it, he said something that only made Bomi wanted to hit him even more and Kyungsoo laughed again.  

 

“Yeah, I think I know what you mean,” Baekhyun said to Chanyeol, unaware that Jongin and Seyeon secretly listening to their conversation. “He looks more… laid-back? Comfortable?”

 

Chanyeol nodded. “I like comfortable Kyungsoo,” he pointed out.

 

“I see that you have no jealous bone at all, Park. You even ship Bomi-ah with Sehun-ah and Jongin,” Baekhyun clucked.

 

“What do you mean?” Chanyeol frowned.

 

The bell rang, and Seyeon kicked Jongin’s leg, telling him to open the door. Jongin snickered before he stood up and opened the door for Suho and Sehun. He took over the groceries from Suho and brought it to the kitchen.

 

When he walked in Sehun scanned the living room in a second, and as soon his eyes met Seyeon’s, he walked to the kitchen while Seyeon looked away. It didn’t go unnoticed by Suho, but he said nothing.

 

Before long the bell rang again, and since Suho was the closest to the door, he opened it.

 

“Minah-yah?” everyone in the house could hear Suho’s voice from the front door. “You look beautiful.”

 

“Thanks, Suho Oppa!” they heard Minah’s nervous giggle when she replied. “Is Baekhyun…?”

 

“Everyone’s already here,” Suho answered her.

 

Curious with Suho’s remark, all heads were already turned to the front door when Minah showed up.

 

Chanyeol whistled, Seyeon on the couch smiled widely, while Baekhyun jumped to his feet immediately and approached Minah. “WOW! Minah-yah! You look—Just, WOW! It suits you so perfectly!”

 

Minah smiled sheepishly. “Thank you, Baekhyunnie.”

 

Her reddish long hair was gone, replaced by shoulder length, straight, jet-black hair. Even her trademark thick bang was also gone, now made into parted bang. Minah also wore make up, bright red lipstick and smoky eyes, and she wore a white Sabrina dress that showed her shoulders.

 

Baekhyun was still busy admiring Minah’s new look, but Minah had her eyes on Jongin, standing between the living room and the kitchen. Jongin was staring at her without a word.

 

“Ah, Jongin!” Minah sighed out a relief, walking to Jongin. “You know what, I already apologize to Kyungsoo—” she started to brag, but her words were cut off by Jongin’s action.  

 

Jongin grabbed her wrist roughly and dragged Minah with him. “Where’s the bathroom?” he asked to Bomi.

 

“Ah… there…,” Bomi answered blankly, pointing to the side.  

 

“Jongin— Stop, what are you…?” Minah tried to free herself but Jongin’s grip was too tight.

 

Jongin pulled her to the bathroom, and while still holding Minah’s wrist, he the faucet, wet his hand, and without a warning he rubbed Minah’s face with his hand.

 

“Jong—”   

 

Jongin didn’t give Minah chance to talk or anything, he just kept on rubbing Minah’s face, trying to wipe away the lipstick and the heavy make-up on her eyes.

 

“Jongin!” Minah finally shouted, and Jongin snapped back from his trance.

 

He gulped when he realized Minah was crying out of anger in front of him, a part of her dress was wet while her make-up smudged all over her face.

 

“Minah,” he called weakly, “I’m sor—”

 

“YOU JERK!” Minah shouted and darted off from the bathroom.

 

Jongin ran after her and he caught the glimpse of Minah ran into Bomi’s room, slamming the door behind her.

 

“KIM JONGIN,” Bomi stood in front of Jongin, blocking his way, her hands on her hips while she glared at Jongin. “You better have an explanation for that, young man!”    

 

Jongin thought Bomi was scary like that, even though she’s much smaller than Jongin. “Bomi, please…,” he groaned but Bomi remained in her place. Jongin turned his head to Kyungsoo in the kitchen. “Kyungsoo?” Kyungsoo had his hands up in air, telling Jongin to fix his own problem. Jongin sighed and faced Bomi. “… I don’t like her make-up…,” he finally said under his breath.

 

Bomi’s glare softened. Just a little, though. “If you don’t like it, say it like any normal person,” she said. “Do you know that Minah stayed up last night to learn how to apply the make-up? And how many hours she spent this morning?” Jongin bowed his head even deeper. “Now apologize to her… and do it like any normal person, you understand?”

 

Jongin nodded, defeated.

 

He went to Bomi’s room and knocked. He felt his stomach twitched in guilty when he heard sniffling sounds from inside the room. Jongin let himself in when there’s no response.

 

Minah was in front of Bomi’s mirror, cleaning up her face, her eyes were red. She glared sharply when she saw Jongin walked in.

 

“I hate you,” Minah stated.

 

“I’m sorry.” He bowed 90 degree to the girl. “I wasn’t thinking, I’m sorry.” A moment passed without any reply from Minah, and Jongin didn’t dare to raise his head.

 

“… why do you do that?” finally he heard Minah’s voice. “You don’t like how I look? It must be weird, right? I must look very ugly that you don’t want to see me.”

 

“No! You look—,” Jongin stopped abruptly. “That’s not the problem…,” he sighed. “It’s not your style, isn’t it? Do you even comfortable this way?”

 

Minah went silent. Jongin was right, she didn’t feel very comfortable. It was slightly cold this day but she wanted to impress Baekhyun so she wore the dress, and even though it fascinated her how she looked very different with the make-up, it wasn’t her style.  

 

Jongin took Minah’s silence as a yes. “See? Why do you even dress like this?”

 

“… Baekhyun,” Minah whispered quietly.

 

Jongin sighed and he squatted in front of Minah. “You don’t have to do things like this to get guys’ attention. You’re already pretty, Minah. I mean, of course it’s okay if you want to dressed up for yourself, but if it’s make you uncomfortable…” Minah nodded slowly. “Besides, what’s with the dress?” Jongin’s gentle tone turned annoyed. He tried to lift up the dress’ collar so Minah’s shoulders would be covered. “Why it’s exposed so munch skin? What if you get cold again, huh?”

 

Minah still didn’t say anything, but suddenly she touched Jongin’s cheek with her right hand, making the boy stopped talking. He stared at her in confusion and she stared back.

 

“… what am I doing?!” Minah yelled and pulled back her hand, looking at it as if it’s a strange object.

 

“How should I know?!” Jongin shouted back as he quickly stood up. He was about to walked out from the room when he his heels and faced Minah. “Don’t dress up like that for Baekhyun or anyone else again, you understand?!”

 

“I get it already! Stop shouting!”

 


 

To: Baby Bom, Kid Kyung, Super Seyeon

Guess who’s in town!!! And I’m bringing the choding with me~

 


 

Thank you so muuuuccchh, ohyeahomi and iesherlyenrica for theupvote! And for all of you who reading this fanfic and leaving me comments, I love you, okay?

By the way, happy birthday, Kim Jongdae (:

 

This chapter: basically life happened and they get closer. If it's confused you please tell me.

Note: Annoying Girl = Minah's name in Jongin's phone; Mean Guy = Jongin's name in Minah's phone.