Introduction 101

Closer, Closer

 


 

 

When Bomi finally stepped out from the bathroom, Chanyeol was carrying two cups of tea and putting them on the table in the living room area. Bomi awkwardly sat on a single couch while Chanyeol on the other.

 

Bomi looked around the room; she didn’t do it last night, or this morning. There’s a kitchen to the left of the entrance door, and straight from the door was the dining table. A little bit to the right from the door was the living room area with TV, couches, and a coffee table. Behind the longest couch was the bed, a small-sized-double bed – it’s not a single bed, but not as big as the queen size either. Behind the single couch that Bomi sat in was the closet, and next to it – near the bed – was the door to the bathroom. The room was quite spacious, and it was pretty neat for a boy’s room.

 

Chanyeol stole glances at Bomi, she wore his sweater and white shorts. The sweater was also white, with small dark blue horizontal stripes from the chest to below. She looked drawn in the sweater, and she even folded the sleeves, but she looked cute.

 

They both sat restlessly on the living room, stiff and motionless.

 

Chanyeol decided to be a man and started the conversation.

 

“I’m sorry,” he said, soft but clear. He sat up in his place, looking straight to Bomi’s eyes. “I regret it. I mean,” he quickly tried to explain it after seeing the pained look on Bomi’s face, “I don’t regret it as I regret doing it with you, but… Urgh, it’s your first time and you did it with a complete stranger…,” his voice disappeared slowly into a murmur.

 

Bomi just smiled. “No… it’s really okay… I mean, yes I never imagined it would be like this… But I don’t hate it. I don’t regret… doing it with you,” Bomi’s voice slowly disappeared too, as she lowered her head, unable to look at Chanyeol directly.

 

Chanyeol wanted to punch his fist in the air so bad.

 

“How old are you?” Chanyeol suddenly remembered.

 

Bomi raised her head. “I’m 20.”

 

“Oh, so we’re friends. I’m 20 too.”

 

“Aaah…”

 

“… We can speak comfortably, if you want to,” Chanyeol scratched his nose, unsure. Are we supposed to be friends? Are we going to meet again? Wait, we’re not automatically dating, aren’t we?

 

“Um… okay…,” Bomi nodded, but she seemed hesitate too.

 

Then silent fell upon them again.

 

“Ahem,” Chanyeol cleared his throat. “So… What club are you?” he asked, referring to last night’s party. It was a joined party for several clubs in their universities, mostly for the first years, and most of them using it to find a lover.  

 

“I’m from Photography Club,” Bomi answered, fidgeting in her seat. “Actually, I didn’t want to go, I don’t really like that kind of party, but my friend forced me to accompany her. She wanted to meet you guys. She heard that you guys will come.”

 

“Meet us? Ah, us as in EXO?” Chanyeol realized. “She’s a fan?” suddenly he smiled brightly.

 

Bomi nodded. “She keeps on talking about EXO. I think she likes the vocalist?” Bomi tilted her head a little.

 

“Which one? Because actually we have three vocalists,” Chanyeol chuckled.

 

“Ah, I’m not really sure. She was already happy seeing you and… Baekhyun-ssi?” Bomi continued when Chanyeol approved that there’s someone named Baekhyun in his band, “And then suddenly she left me, she grouped with the other fans to talk to you guys.”

 

“… So, you’re not a fan?” Chanyeol tried to look like as if he didn't really care.

 

“I’m sorry…,” Bomi smiled apologeticly. “B-but I will try to listen to your songs!” she quickly added.

 

“Eeey, not need to,” Chanyeol waved his hand, but obviously his mood lighten up. “Hm, what do you study?”

 

“I’m studying Design Interior.”

 

“What? So we shared the building. I’m studying Civil Engineering, with my friend Baekhyun you mentioned before. Actually, he’s also our vocalist, so maybe your friend likes him. Maybe you and your friend can come to our performance sometimes,” Chanyeol said without thinking, as he always did.  Suddenly a thought crossed his mind; maybe Bomi never want to see him again. “Oh. But… only if you want to...”

 

“I do!” Bomi agreed. It was awkward before but Chanyeol tried his best to lighten up the atmosphere, she didn’t want to let him down. And he was so sweet, Bomi didn’t hate the idea to meet him again. “Minah will be thrilled to hear that.”

 

“Okay, it’s a deal!” Chanyeol smiled, ear to ear. “Hm…? Huh, what time is it?! Crap, I forgot! The band is coming over this morning!” he jumped up in panic, his hands in his head. He turned to Bomi, looking shocked and panicked.

 

I don’t want them to meet Bomi! They’re going to ! Chanyeol thought.

 

I don’t want to meet his band members! It’s already embarrassing like this! Bomi thought, also standing up from the couch.  

 

Both of them opened their mouth at the same time, “I think-“

 

BUZZZ!

 

Both of them froze in their place as they heard the doorbell rang.

 

Chanyeol’s round eyes got bigger as he tried to think of a solution. “Ah… emm… What to do?”

 

“Chanyeol-ah!” they could hear someone yelling and pounding the door outside. “Wake uppp!

 

“Argghh… I’m sorry, can you hide a little while in the bathroom? I will tell them I’m sick and ask them to leave,” Chanyeol said, putting his hands on Bomi’s shoulder and pushed her to the bathroom.

 

“Wait, my shoes!” Bomi whispered.

 

“Oh, right!” Chanyeol grabbed her shoes in a hurry before closing the bathroom’s door.

 

“Chanyeollieeee! Come on, don't tell me you're still sleeping at this hour?” someone kept on shouted.

 

“Coming!” Chanyeol shouted back. He did a quick glance through the room to make sure there was nothing that can show a presence of a girl. He took a deep breath, calming himself, before finally opened the door. He tried to make a sick face and coughed, “Hey, sorry, but I don’t feel good today, can we-?”

 

“Hyung I need to pee!” someone barged in through Chanyeol.

 

“W-what? Wait!” Chanyeol grabbed his arm quickly.

 

“HYUNG! I CAN’T WAIT ANY LONGER!” the boy yanked Chanyeol’s hand, and he ran to the bathroom, opening the door before Chanyeol could say anything.

 

When he opened the door, Chanyeol shrieked.

 

“Kyaaa!”

 

“Waaa!”

 

Both Bomi and the boy screamed. Bomi froze in the middle of the bathroom, holding her bag and shoes. The boy froze in the bathroom’s door, shocked finding a girl in his hyung’s bathroom. But suddenly he shook his head as if he regained his conscious. “I’m sorry, I need to use the toilet!” he pushed Bomi out from the bathroom.

 

Bomi stumbled into the living room; where she saw there’s already two other guys beside Chanyeol and the boy in the bathroom. The two guys looked at her, surprised, while Chanyeol stared at her with panic and apologetic look.

 

The one with angelic features whistled upon seeing her.

 

The other one, the one with cute and childish face, frowned his eyebrows. “Aren’t you… the girl that Chanyeol kissed last night in the party?”

 

Bomi smiled weakly, flustered.

 

Chanyeol silently covered his face with his hands.

 

***

 

The bathroom’s door opened and the boy from before got out, looking relieved. “That was close!” he exclaimed. “Oh.” He quickly realized the weird atmosphere in the room. All his hyungs were sat on the couches and strangely quiet. Then he saw a girl, sitting on the couch next to Chanyeol.

 

“That’s right, there’s a girl in Hyung’s bathroom,” the boy stared at Bomi, who sat uncomfortably under his stare. “What is she doing here? Huh, you’re wearing Hyung’s sweater.” He noticed Chanyeol’s sweater on her, and suddenly realized. “Oh. Oooooooh.” He smiled mischievously.

 

I want to dig a hole and bury myself… Bomi shrunk in her place, lowering her head more and more.

 

I want to dig a hole and bury Sehun in it. Chanyeol clenched his fist and snarled, “Sit down, Sehun.”

 

Sehun, the boy, obeyed and sat down on the only place left, the single couch in front of the closet. The longest couches were occupied by Bomi, Chanyeol, and the cute guy, while the other single couch was occupied by the angelic-looking guy.

 

All eyes were glued to Chanyeol and Bomi, waiting.

 

Chanyeol sighed, and finally spoke. “That is Kim Joonmyeon, but everyone calls him Suho. He’s our senior, and he’s our leader, ah, EXO's leader,” Chanyeol introduced Suho half-heartedly.

 

Suho, the leader, was resting his head on his hand. He smiled and raised one of his eyebrows to Bomi. “Hello.” He was beautiful, with smooth dark hair and a perfect smile. There’s a confidence and cocky aura from him, but he was simply attractive.

 

Bomi bowed hesitantly in her seat.

 

“This is Byun Baekhyun,” Chanyeol tapped the cute guy’s shoulder beside him.

 

“What? That’s it? Only my name?” Baekhyun tried to protest, but Chanyeol ignored him. Baekhyun had a very child-like face, with slightly chubby cheek and pointy chin. His hair was lighter than Suho, and his fingers were amazingly beautiful.

 

“And that kid with no manner over there…,” Chanyeol glared at Sehun, “is our maknae, Oh Sehun.” Sehun, the maknae, looked like a statue. His skin was like porcelain, and his face looked like it was carved perfectly. His hair was dyed blond. 

 

“Anyeonghaseyo, Hyeongsoonim,” Sehun bowed politely to Bomi, but the nickname that means ‘sister-in-law’ and the act just make Bomi blushed.

 

“Aish, this kid!” Chanyeol raised his fist as if he wants to punch Sehun. Sehun put an innocent look in his face, looking at Chanyeol with his puppy eyes. “Tsk,” Chanyeol lowered his fist after seeing their maknae innocent expression.  Suho chuckled upon seeing this.

 

“And who’s the lovely lady?” Suho asked, tilting his head, wearing a slight smile on his face.

 

Chanyeol turned to Suho, sighing as he didn’t dare to oppose the leader. “She’s Yoon Bomi…,” Chanyeol murmured, while Bomi shrunk beside him. She looked even smaller, sitting beside Chanyeol. 

 

“And…?” Suho tried to make Chanyeol talk more.

 

“… and that’s it,” Chanyeol mumbled, refusing to say any more.

 

“And she took your ity!” Baekhyun shouted excitedly while he laughed and collapsed to the couch. “Park Chanyeol is finally a man!”

 

“YA! BYUN BAEKHYUN!” Chanyeol tackled his best friend, trying to shut Baekhyun’s mouth.

 

“Congratulation, Hyung,” Sehun clapped his hand, looking very honest in doing it.

 

“Thank you. We’ve been searching and waiting for someone to come and do the deeds,” Suho smiled, winking his right eye to Bomi.

 

“He must be and clumsy, wasn’t he? Did he manage to do it properly?” Baekhyun managed to yell out some questions while Chanyeol locked his neck.

 

“I’m so going to kill you,” Chanyeol swore while squeezing Baekhyun even harder under him.

 

“Was he good?” Sehun asked.

 

“Is he managed to be your top three?” Suho joined.

 

What top three! Bomi screamed in her head. He’s my first and only… They must be thinking I do this a lot, sleeping around with people I meet on parties…  “I-I’ll make you tea!” Bomi stood up, smiling nervously and dashed to the kitchen under the boys eyes.

 

Chanyeol let out a sigh after looking Bomi ran away. He let go of Baekhyun but not before he elbowed him in the stomach and he also slapped Sehun’s head.

 

“Can’t you shut up and don’t be such a kid?! Don’t like that!” he whispered in anger, so Bomi in the kitchen wouldn’t hear him. “It’s… it’s her first time too!” he said in frustration as he stood up to help Bomi.

 

“What?! Congrat-!” Baekhyun just started to shout but Chanyeol slapped the back of his head to shush him while he walked away. He made hand gestures that he would kill him if Baekhyun let out another word. 

 

Sehun moved next to Baekhyun’s side. “I don’t get it, I thought Chanyeol Hyung doesn’t have a girlfriend? Who is she?” he asked in low voice, staring at Chanyeol and Bomi in the kitchen.

 

“I guess they met at the party last night,” Baekhyun rub the back of his head that still hurt. “I thought Chanyeol got bored so he went home first, but I guess I was wrong,” he smirked, also looking at the back of his now-a-man-best friend Chanyeol.

 

“Huh? So they just met? But they look like a couple… Look, they already wear matching clothes,” Sehun pointed that both Chanyeol and Bomi wore white clothes.

 

Suho turned his head to look at the couple. “I think this is going to be interesting…”