nicorobin's note

Closer, Closer

 


 

Oh, you’re here to read my freaking long author’s note!

 

First of all, again, thank you, I don’t think I can ever say it enough. There are people that willing to read my stories, it seems surreal for me. And to the readers that leave me comments, I love you the most. I got to talk to some of you, and I’m really happy for that.

 

I’ve promised before that I will make Behind The Story, so, here it is!

 

It started with this sentence:

OC is drunk, ended having one night stand with Chanyeol, both first timers. Turns out Chanyeol is in the same band with Kyungsoo, OC’s ex.

 

About the characters:

For the main leads, at first I’m going to use an OC before I felt I can’t ‘feel’ it and decided to use Bomi, my ultimate bias girl as the main lead. I only got into EXO when I started this story, I picked Chanyeol because he’s my fav in EXO and Kyungsoo because he’s my second fav.

 

EXO. Originally, ‘EXO’ is Kris, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, and Sehun. Kris because I think he looks more leader-like that Suho, and at first I’m going to make him a real cocky bastard. Baekhyun for Chanyeol’s best friend, Sehun simply for maknae role. Then I thought Kyungsoo needs his own ‘back-up’, insert Jongin here, and it’s only fair to use Suho instead of Kris.

 

Bang Minah. She is easy because she’s always one of my fav girl group member and I already imagined Bomi needs a loud, ‘annoying’ friend. And she’s a 93er, same as Bomi. Why I didn’t use Eunji? Well I think the character doesn’t fit Eunji’s image.

 

Jin Seyeon. Now she’s hard because in my mind Bomi’s best friend is damn beautiful, confident, strong, a little bit cold/proud. Again, I can’t use Eunji, and I think of Chorong but the problem is Chorong a 91er. I browsed for kpop idol born in 1993 and I considered Stellar’s Minhee when I saw her pic, but then I saw Jin Seyeon and I fell in love. Later I found out that Seyeon actually a 94er...   

 

Cameos:

  • I think I already explained it in the previous chapter?
  • Jo Jonghwan. I like him, that’s why.
  • Kim Sunggyu as Bomi’s brother. Because I like Infinite and he looks annoying as hell.
  • Kim Minseok as Kyungsoo’s brother. I NEVER REGRET THIS DECISION.
  • Kim Jongdae, Lee Sungyeol, Jung Eunji as minions. Jongdae is love. Sungyeol because Infinite and he’s such a fun guy and somehow I remembered him as a 92er (because he called Woohyun ‘Hyung’... Epic fail, but he’s fun to write anyway), Eunji because she’s Bomi’s best friend, of course.

 

Others:

  • Kim Yoojung as Kyungsoo’s sister. I think only mentioned her once or twice and I wrote her name as Youjung. It’s the girl that acted with Minseok on Jin’s MV and I was like... what, I wrote you two as siblings...
  • Daehyun as Eunji’s boyfriend. Like I said, if I can’t put Baekji, why not Daeji.
  • Taeyeon, Sooyoung/Lizzy, Yoonjo as Baekhyun’s girl friends. Taeyeon, Baek’s fav sunbae. After School’s Lizzy because I kind of like the idea of her and Baekhyun, and  Hello Venus’ Yoonjo because, if I can’t put Baekji, why not Baekjo.
  • Namjoo as Jongdae’s wife.  Always think of her as Jongdae’s wife, actually, because, Chenjoo.
  • Luhan as Chanyeol’s ‘hyung’. I never mentioned his name but when Chanyeol runs away and stays at his friend’s house, it’s Luhan (actually I want to write their interaction but decided it’s not important anyway).

 

Plot/Love line:

Since the beginning, I already decided that it will be Chanyeol-Bomi-Kyungsoo, Sehun-Seyeon-Suho, and Jongin-Minah-Baekhyun. And in the end, the one who stays within the original plot line was only Jongin-Minah-Baekhyun.

 

Chanyeol-Bomi-Kyungsoo. At first I imagined it that Kyungsoo doesn’t like Bomi anymore, it’s Bomi who can’t forget him, and then Chanyeol can’t give up on her but he feels he can’t compete with Kyungsoo too. So If you think WHY KYUNGSOO CAN’T MAKE UP HIS MIND, it’s because I can’t. I never thought Bomi/Kyungsoo will get much love... And I was tempted to make Bomi/Kyungsoo as the end game but this story started with Bomi/Chanyeol as the endgame, and I decided to stick with it.

 

Jongin-Minah-Baekhyun. I don’t ship them, I just made their characters and I think it will be fun to have Jongin/Minah bickers a lot. So when Baekhyun and Jongin got to be special MC on Inkigayo alongside Minah I was quite freaked out.

 

Sehun-Seyeon-Suho. Now this one went very far from my original plan and honestly I didn’t plan on Sehun/Suho either. They became the ‘dark side’ of this fic and I love them??? Suho was actually going to be unimportant character but in the end...??? I was going to make Sehun/Seyeon as the end-game, and Suho only played around with Seyeon, but yeah... When I wrote Bomi/Sehun in the beach, the story changed.

 

Some piece of mind:

Why Jongin/Minah isn’t together? Why Suho/Seyeon/Sehun doesn’t have a proper ‘closure’?

 

Well… I want this story to have three kind of ‘ending’: the classic happy ending Bomi/Chanyeol, the not-quite-there-yet Jongin/Minah, and the not-meant-to-be Seyeon/Suho. Because not every relationship ends well, right? And sometimes we left some things unresolved. Also, I didn’t plan this story very well, as the result I fell Bomi is lack of character like she’s very ordinary, and Kyungsoo can’t make up his mind, and there’s a change of character in Jongin and Sehun. I’m really sorry.

 

Thanks for reading!

- nicorobin