After Effect

Closer, Closer

“What’s up with that?” Seyeon tugged Kyungsoo’s shirt to get his attention. The other members were busy preparing themselves to go.

 

“What?”

 

“That… ‘she’s not the one I can’t forget’ thing?” Seyeon raised her eyebrows. “Kyungsoo, you know that I’m not on your side this time, right?”

 

Kyungsoo turned his head away. “It’s nothing…”

 

Seyeon sighed. Years later and she still trapped between her two best friends. Suddenly she felt like she back to junior high again, being a match maker and all. “Look. I hate what you did and I swear there were times I want to drag you and drown you in the sea,” Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows hearing this, “… but you were young, and Bomi was not completely innocent, plus it was your relationship… And you’re my friend too, so I can’t hate you. But,” Seyeon made sure she made suppression on the word ‘but’, “… if you want to do anything funny this time… Don’t screw it up. Don’t make her cry again, okay? You had no idea how it was.”

 

Kyungsoo’s expression grew dark. “I’m sorry…,” he mumbled. “But I don’t plan anything funny. I don’t plan anything.”

 

Seyeon stared at him. “We’ll see about that. Are you coming to Jongdae’s wedding?”

 

Kyungsoo nodded.

 

“Well, Bomi will be there, of course. But I don’t know if I can make it or not. Remember, don’t do anything funny!” Seyeon warned him.

 

“I am not!” Kyungsoo yelled in frustration.

 

“Also, with this Chanyeol situation…”

 

“Catching up things?” Suho suddenly showed up between them, placing his arm around Kyungsoo.

 

“Uh, yeah,” Kyungsoo answered reluctantly. Seyeon looked at Suho with a courtesy smile.    

 

“Well I hate to disturb you, but we all ready to go. Come. You drive,” he nudged Kyungsoo, and took him to the car.

 

Kyungsoo got into his car, where Jongin already on the passenger seat. “… Be careful with Suho Hyung,” Jongin mumbled to Kyungsoo, strapping the safety belt to his body. He sat beside Kyungsoo, while Suho still outside the car, calling Sehun. “He’s sharp.”

 

“I know,” Kyungsoo mumbled back and sighed, watching Bomi got into Suho’s car in front of them with Chanyeol’s help. 

 


 

Thirty minutes later, they arrived at the club where EXO would perform. The boys immediately busied carrying their instruments inside, while the girls searched for a place inside.

 

“Hey,” Chanyeol poked Bomi’s shoulder to make her turn. The other members were not in sight, seemed like they already preparing themselves in the backstage.

 

“Hey,” Bomi flashed him a smile. “Are you nervous? I didn’t know there will be so many people…,” Bomi looked around the café.

 

“Yeah, no, they’re probably come to see the other bands,” Chanyeol shrugged. “You’ll take good pictures of us, right?” he nodded at Bomi’s DSLR. “Make sure I look cool!”

 

Bomi furrowed her eyebrows, pretended to think hard while tapping her fingers to her cheek. “Hmm… That will be hard to do...”

 

“Eey. If I don’t look cool, then you’re not a good photographer!”

 

“… woa, look at them,” Minah whispered to Seyeon. From their place, they could see Bomi and Chanyeol joked around, all smile and laugh. “And Bomi insisted that they’re only friend? How we’re supposed to believe that? If I’m Bomi and I slept with him, oh my god, I will just…” Minah didn’t say it out loud what would she do, but it seemed pretty clear by seeing her expression.

 

“Wipe your drool,” Seyeon said unimpressed, but she too, eyeing Bomi and Chanyeol. “And I thought your handsome prince charming is Kyungsoo?” she managed to mock Minah.

 

Minah pouted. “I change my mind. I didn’t know that he’s Bomi’s ex-boyfriend! Na-ah, not interested anymore.”

 

“I’ll see you later after this!” Chanyeol waved happily before disappeared to the backstage. Bomi waved back and shouted, “Good luck!” Chanyeol raised his thumb as the answer.

 

“… Minah,” Seyeon lowered her voice. She quickly said before Bomi reached them, “Don’t bring up what Kyungsoo said earlier, okay? And don’t push her about Chanyeol. JUST DON’T.” Seyeon finished right in time when Bomi came.  “Bomi, what do you want to drink? I’ll order it.”

 

Minah frowned, but she shrugged it off. She ready with her DSLR, she’s also in the Photography Club with Bomi, that’s why the two become best friend. She pulled the mini banner she made for EXO, and handing it to Seyeon. “You’re the only one who doesn’t take pictures,” Minah reasoned. Seyeon looked at her from head to toe, and walked away to order. “… aish, that girl...”

 


 

“Oh, they’re getting ready,” Minah pointed at the stage. Even though it’s still dim, they could vaguely see EXO preparing themselves, strumming their instruments. A part of fans were already screaming their names.

 

A few moment later, the stage lamp were , and all the members already in position. Kyungsoo took the microphone, and said, “Good night, ladies and gentleman. We are EXO, and tonight we will be sing 3 songs. We hope you enjoy our performance.” He continued with a little more chit-chat, and while the band played, he started to introduce the members. Finally, after he finished, they started with their cover of ‘Billionaire’.

 

Minah was as fast as lightning, her finger kept on clicking the shutter as she said, “Omooo. Uri maknae!” or “Aaah, leaderrr!” or “Ah, I can’t get Jongin’s picture!” or “Baekhyun’s smile, oh my god!” or “Ugh, should I take Kyungsoo’s pic too?” or “I guess let Bomi take Chanyeol’s?”

 

“Wow, Kyungsoo’s improved a lot,” this time even Seyeon had to admit it. She stole a glance at Bomi, who once a while would stop taking pictures and just standing there, looking at Kyungsoo singing with longing in her eyes. But then she would snap out of it, and started to take pictures again.

 

Bomi took a picture of Chanyeol, and she realized that Chanyeol was looking at him, flashing his white teeth in a wide grin. Bomi laughed, and took more pictures of the silly guitarist.

 


 

“How was it?” Chanyeol approached them excitedly, almost like a puppy wriggling its tail.

 

Bomi raised both of her thumbs. “EXO jjang!” she said cheerfully. “You guys are amazing,” she said to other members who came after Chanyeol. Of course she avoided looking directly at Kyungsoo. 

 

Minah couldn’t stop clapping. “Daebak! Daebak! Daeeebaaaak!!!” Seyeon also clapped her hands, even though with less enthusiasm.

 

“Should we back to Chanyeol’s place and celebrate?” Suho suggested, looking around for answer. 

 

“Em, Hyung. I need to go back home. My father needs the car,” Kyungsoo said in apologetic tone. “Sorry.”

 

“Aaaw. Who will cook for us?” Baekhyun whined and pouted playfully.

 

“I pass too. Kyungsoo, can you take me home?” Seyeon looked at Kyungsoo.

 

“… sure,” but Kyungsoo didn’t look sure.

 

“Hyung. I have homework. I will go home with Kyungsoo Hyung,” Sehun said.  

 

Suho seemed to think for a while before nodding. “Please take care of him. Sorry to bother you,” he nudged Kyungsoo’s arm, pointing Sehun with his chin. “Okay… the rest… How we go back to Chanyeol’s… Chanyeol, you can take the bus with Bomi-ssi, right?”

 

“Eh?” Chanyeol yelled in surprised.

 

“Hyung, I can take the bus instead of Bomi-ssi…,” Jongin offered, but Suho pushed him back and shushed him.

 

“Come on, Jongin, Hyung is giving Chanyeol a chance!” Baekhyun whispered to Jongin. Kyungsoo beside him stared at the ceiling which suddenly looked very interesting to him. Jongin furrowed his eyebrows, and offered no more.

 

“Well, Chanyeol? Is it alright for you, Bomi-ssi?” Suho turned to Bomi. Bomi could only make a “Umm” sound before Suho looked at Minah. “Minah-ssi, you’re alright with driving with us?”

 

“Yes!” Minah chirped happily.  

 

“Okay, all set then. Your room’s key,” Suho reached out to Chanyeol. Chanyeol gave his flat’s key to his leader reluctantly. “See you later. And take your time,” he added, giving Chanyeol a meaningful look and a wink to Bomi.

 

 

They had been driving for minutes in silence when Seyeon finally spoke. “So… Sehun-ssi, isn’t it? You’re a high school student?” she looked back to the backseat.

 

“Umm, yes,” Sehun scratched his neck. “I’m in my last year.”

 

“Are you okay? I mean, last year was hell, I kept on studying, I feel nauseous just by remembering it,” Seyeon shook her head. “And you still have time to play in a band?”

 

Sehun hesitated in answering. “I’m fine.”

 

“He’s a genius,” Kyungsoo answered for him. “And Suho Hyung’s tutoring him, making sure the band doesn’t make him left out in his studies. But we’re probably slowing it down too after summer break.”

 

“Are you two brothers? Cause it seemed like he takes good care of you,” Seyeon kept Sehun on the conversation.

 

“Cousin,” Sehun murmured. “Suho Hyung… has been living with my family since he started high school.”

 

“Ah, that does explain it. Oh, Sehun-ssi, I saw your aegyo photo,” Seyeon’s unimpressed face suddenly broke into a smile.

 

“Eh?”

 

“Bomi got this text message from Chanyeol-ssi, and he attached your picture,” Seyeon explained. “Bomi thought it will be a crime to make you disappointed if she didn’t come today. And personally, I couldn’t more agree. You’re so cute in that photo. I would love to have a little brother like you.”

 

Sehun mumbled some inaudible words in the backseat, and something along “Thank you” was heard.

 

After a while, finally Kyungsoo hit the brake and parked his car in front of a big, nice house. “Okay. Good luck with your homework, Sehun,” Kyungsoo said to Sehun who packed his stuff.

 

“Thanks, Kyungsoo Hyung,” Sehun got off the car, and he bowed politely to the car.

 

“Bye, Sehun-ssi, see you,” Seyeon waved to him, smiling.  

 

Sehun raised his hand slowly, hesitating.

 

“You haven’t change, Seyeon. Always have a soft spot for cute things,” Kyungsoo said as he drove back into the main road.

 

“What? Sehun-ssi?” Seyeon chuckled. “That kid radiates ‘pat me’ aura! You can’t blame me. And you know Bomi’s aegyo is not a joke. Don’t pretend, you also fell for that,” she nudged Kyungsoo’s arm.

 

“Hey, watch out! I’m driving!” Kyungsoo shouted in panic. Seyeon just waved her hand, didn’t care with the fuss Kyungsoo made. She looked outside, tapping her fingers along the music from the radio. Kyungsoo glanced at her, and couldn’t stand it anymore. “So what do you want to talk about? I know you don’t join me for no reason.”

 

“Well, I only come along cause Bomi asked me, and I’m not interested in socializing with you guys, plus I can get to talk to you alone, win-win solution,” Seyeon shrugged. “So, about Chanyeol.”

 

Kyungsoo sighed as he turned the wheel. He did not like this conversation at all. Seyeon always nagged him whenever he had a fight with Bomi, and it seemed some things didn’t change. They came across a red light, and Kyungsoo rested his forehead on the wheel. “Yes. Chanyeol. He slept with Bomi. Fine. No problem. Now can we please talk about something else?”

 

“Really? No problem at all?” Seyeon raised her eyebrows. “From Bomi’s story, you certainly pretty upset and jealous, far from ‘no problem’. What if they’re dating, you okay with that too?”

 

Kyungsoo kept his mouth shut, staring at the traffic signal, and hit the pedal when the light turned to green. Seyeon did not move her eyes from Kyungsoo, waiting for an answer. “… why? Bomi likes Chanyeol?” Kyungsoo asked, but his eyes never left the road in front of them.

 

“That’s not the issue here, and I asked first.”

 

Suddenly Kyungsoo hit the brake, made Seyeon yanked in her seat belt. “Auch! Kyungsoo!” Seyeon yelled. 

 

“We’re here,” Kyungsoo said, already arrived in Seyeon’s and Bomi’s house. She gave her address before. “… and I’ll tell you how I feel after they’re dating. If, they’re dating.”

 

Seyeon made a face. “Well, thanks for the ride,” she said, unstrapping herself from the safety belt. “And good luck in denying your feelings for Bomi,” she added with a mock before closing the door.

 


 

“Hyung, you’re the best leader ever, good job!” Baekhyun patted Suho’s shoulder from the backseat and asked for a high-five. They just said goodbye with Chanyeol and Bomi, and now they were on Suho’s car, driving on their way to Chanyeol’s place. 

 

“I know,” Suho said casually, high-fiving over-excited Baekhyun. “I hope you don’t mind, Minah-ssi, if we’re trying to hook up our Chanyeol with Bomi-ssi?” he turned to Minah in the passenger’s seat.

 

“Nope! Not at all! I’m 100% on board!” Minah shouted in glee. There’s no way she would let Bomi fall back to that bad Do Kyungsoo. No way!

 

Jongin, clearly uncomfortable with this set up, spoke from the backseat, “But Hyung, maybe they’re not like that…”

 

“Are you kidding?” Baekhyun brushed him. “Can’t you see the way Chanyeol look at her? Unless Chanyeol screwed up really bad when he did it and Bomi never again want to see his pen-”

 

Jongin slapped Baekhyun’s head to stop him from talking.

 

“Auch! WHAT?” Baekhyun turned to Jongin with a glare. Jongin nodded to Minah in the front seat. “Oops. Sorry, Minah. Not used to girl’s presence between our members.”

 

Minah grinned widely at him.

 

“Minah. Can I call you Minah?” Suho made sure before he continued, “Bomi-ssi doesn’t have a boyfriend, right? Or does she have anyone she likes?”

 

Minah thought for a moment. “No… I don’t think so. Oh, but there’s this boy,” Minah turned so she can faced both Suho and Baekhyun in the backseat, while Jongin leaned to the back and looking to the road outside, refused to join the mission. “I think he likes Bomi, and it seems they’re on good terms. It’s a boy from her hometown, but there’s this one time he came here to visit Bomi. I don’t think Bomi likes him, but he’s more like a good friend.”

 

“Pfft, friendzoned,” Baekhyun hissed. “But if he’s from her hometown, Kyungsoo may know him. We should ask Kyungsoo about Bomi!” he exclaimed on his great idea.

 

At the mention of Kyungsoo’s name, Jongin winced. He shifted in his seat. “Can’t we just let them? If they’re attracted to each other, they’ll end up together eventually…,” he said slowly. His words and actions certainly different from what you expect from his big, well-build body.

 

“What’s the matter with you? Don’t you want to see your friend happy? You know Chanyeol at hitting on girls. It’s already a miracle he could get laid, but at this rate we’ll graduate before he could get more!” Baekhyun snickered. “Whatever, I’m determined to get Chanyeol a girlfriend! And I’m looking forward to work with you, Bang Minah,” Baekhyun pretended to bow at Minah.

 

“Bang Minah at your service, Byun Baekhyun,” Minah played along and bow back to Baekhyun.

 

Suho just smiled seeing this, while Jongin leaned back and let out a big sigh.

 


 

“Aaah. I’m sorry that you have to take the bus with me,” Chanyeol said as the two of them waiting for the bus to come. “I can take the bus by myself, or with Jongin, better yet, let him rides the bus alone. I don’t know what Suho Hyung thinking. Sorry.” That was a lie, of course, Chanyeol had a pretty good guess that their friends were playing match making.

 

“You apologize too much!” Bomi nagged at him, hands in her hips. “You’re the one who told me to be comfortable with you, remember? I’m fine!”

 

Chanyeol laughed. “Okay then, don’t be sorry if I get too comfortable with you, Chibi!”

 

“M-mwo? Chibi? Yah!” Bomi hit Chanyeol’s arm.

 

“Ah! It hurts!” Chanyeol exaggerated his pain. “Woaaa. You have a gorilla’s power, no joke!”

 

“Park Chanyeol!” Bomi showered him with more small punches.

 

After joking around for a while, their bus came. Chanyeol let Bomi board in first, giving her a gentle touch on the back, just like when they crossed the road on their first date. “Let’s sit in the back,” he said, pointed to the seat in the back of the bus. Bomi slipped in first, seat near the window, and Chanyeol sat down beside her.

 

Bomi rummaged her tote bag for a moment, before pulling out her ipod and headphones. “Do you want to listen together?” she offered one of the headphones to Chanyeol.

 

“Sure,” Chanyeol took it and placed it in his left ear, while Bomi had it in her right ear.

 

After Bomi stumbling with her ipod, music started to play, and Chanyeol nodded along to the melody. “It’s nice,” he said.

 

Bomi smiled cheerfully to him, “Isn’t it? I just found this song and lately I’ve been listening to it a lot,” and then she started to sing softly with the song, “Can I call you my own, and can I call you my lover… Call you my one and only girl” Bomi glanced at Chanyeol who staring at her, and smiled sheepishly. “I sound terrible, am I?”

 

“… no,” Chanyeol immediately shook his head. “I’m surprised, you’re actually good. Maybe we should do a duet with you.”

 

“Haha, nooo. No, please. I’m not that good. I prefer watching you perform.”

 

“Oh yeah,” Chanyeol sniffed. “What do you think about us? Honestly,” he was actually nervous, waiting for Bomi’s response. “Your sincere, pure opinion. You don’t need to feel bad, if we’re , just say it.”

 

“But you guys are not ! Seriously! Well, I don’t know a lot about music, but all I know is I enjoy your performance,” Bomi said. “You should tell Sehun-ssi to smile, thought. He just had this poker face all the time!”

 

“Yes, we’re working on that,” Chanyeol grinned.

 

“Oh, one more thing. EXO was perfect, everyone was great. Except this one guy… He plays the guitar, but during the performance he kept on looking to my camera and posing! Is he a model or a band member? Ck ck ck,” Bomi shook her head in disapproval. 

 

“What? I did not looking at your camera all the time! It’s you who kept on taking my pictures! So… as a reward to my fan, I’m posing for you! Isn’t that the logical way?” Chanyeol defended himself.

 

“I’m not your fan!” Bomi stuck out her tongue. “You’re so cocky,” she nudged Chanyeol’s arm with her own.

 

“Don’t worry, you will be my fan soon enough,” Chanyeol winked and ruffled Bomi’s hair. “Hey, can I see your camera? Do I look okay?”

 

Bomi took out her DSLR, and handed it to Chanyeol. “Even my wonderful skill couldn’t make you look good, I’m sorry,” she joked around. “Oh, and Minah also took a lot of photos. I believe most of them are Baekhyun’s and Sehun’s, though.”

 

“… woa… We look cool, aren’t we?” Chanyeol murmured as he checked EXO’s photos taken by Bomi. “Oh, Baekki looks handsome in this pic… Suho Hyung, aish, that smile… He knows how to capture female’s heart… Hahaha, Kyungsoo’s expression is the best! Ah… yeah, Sehunnie. But he looks cool thought? What do you think? … Poor Jongin, it’s hard to take his picture when he’s behind the drum. Oh, it’s me! Huh, I look handsome… Kyungsoo… Baek… Kyungsoo… Kyungsoo…,” Chanyeol tilted his head. “Seems like there’s a lot of Kyungsoo’s pic?”

 

“Really?” Bomi tried to make her sound as casual as possible. She didn’t notice that she took that many photos of Kyungsoo. “Well, he’s the vocalist, the front-man. It’s easier to take his pic,” she managed to answer. “Anyway, there’s a ton of your pictures!”

 

Chanyeol grinned after finding a series of his pic. “Hahaha, you’re right, I kept on looking at you!” Finally Chanyeol returned Bomi’s camera, seemed satisfied with the pictures. “You should be EXO’s private photographer. No, make it my private photographer.”

 

“It depends on the salary, how much can you pay me?” Bomi played hard to get.

 

“… hey, Bomi,” Chanyeol suddenly quiet down, staring at his nails. “… If EXO perform again, do you want to come again?” he looked up at Bomi nervously, his eyebrows knitted together.

 

Kyungsoo’s face appeared at Bomi’s mind. She swallowed before speaking with a little smile, “… of course, why not?”

 

Chanyeol’s face beamed from happiness. “It’s a promise, then!” He continued hum happily to the music blasting from the earphones, nodding and tapping his fingers as if he’s playing a drum.

 

Bomi looked outside the window, biting her lips, silently praying that she didn’t make a mistake and playing with fire. 

 


 

APink's comeback!!! And EXOpink's interactions errmygawwdd. I'm going back to my home country this week. PROBABLY update next week?

Thank you so much for the comments and for subscribing~ :D

By the way, if you don't mind, please check my other story A Better Place starring Oh Sehun and Jung Soojung, pretty please? :3