Love Is

Closer, Closer

Love, at first, was so easily believed to last forever
That’s what I believed
If love ever comes to me again
Then I won’t get too close but then I won’t be too far

To me, love is…

Love, At First – Busker Busker

 


 

After Bomi finished cooking, Chanyeol drove her home and they could win an award for ‘The Quietest Ride Ever’ with no words exchanged, only the radio playing in the background. Bomi said a hesitant, “Thank you. Be careful on your way back… Good night,” and Chanyeol only nodded.

 

When he returned to his flat, Chanyeol woke Sehun up to eat, and he paid no attention to Sehun’s red and puffy eyes. They watched the TV after take turn showering, and after some times, they crawled to the bed, not once Chanyeol asked about what’s wrong with Sehun and Suho.   

 

Chanyeol was already half-asleep when Sehun’s voice startled him.

 

“Hyung. Already sleep?”

 

“… I am, if you didn’t call me,” Chanyeol grunted and he turned his body around to face Sehun. “What’s up, Maknae-yah?” Chanyeol waited, narrowing his eyes in the dark to look at Sehun’s side. Sehun didn’t say anything for a while, and Chanyeol sighed. “… Listen, I know I can’t give you good advices like, say, Kyungsoo. Or I can’t make you laugh like Baekhyun does and I certainly can’t level down to you like Jongin, but, you know… I’m not that bad.”

 

“Hyung,” Sehun called again, turning his head to Chanyeol. “You’re my favorite Hyung.”

 

Chanyeol took some time to digest the information. “… really?!” he pushed the blanket away from him when he sat up, finally Sehun’s words sinking in. “I am?!”

 

“You don’t know?” Sehun frowned in the dark.

 

“I am!” Chanyeol repeated, and he looked like a little kid with a Christmas present. “Oh , I need to text Baek about this… and Jongin too! Ha! In your face!”

 

“Stop it,” Sehun sat up and took Chanyeol’s phone away from the older. “What’s the big deal?”

 

“Sehun-ah,” Chanyeol tilted his head. “Oh Sehun, you also don’t know? It’s because you’re our precious maknae,” Chanyeol grinned and ruffled Sehun’s hair. “Even though you can be such an sometimes, we know that you care for us. Whenever I got dumped, you’re the first to come to me and asked me to buy you food. You wanted to accompany me and cheer me up, right? And when Baekhyun broke up, he got it really bad, you’re the only who succeed in dragging him out of his room with your aegyo.” Sehun was quiet, he didn’t know that his hyungs noticed. “You always take care of us with your own way, but Sehun… Learn to depend on us too. Let us take care of you. You never talk to us about anything. And I’m glad that you’re such a good friend with Bomi… but Hyung is jealous, okay?”

 

“… Jealous because of me or because of Noona?”

 

Chanyeol smacked Sehun’s head. “Now…,” after Chanyeol lose the chance to brag to his friends, he opted to lie back down beside Sehun, and Sehun leaned back too. “… What did you want to say when you decided it’s a nice idea to prevent me from sleeping?”

 

Sehun pulled the blanket up to his mouth, leaving only half of his face. “… I just want to say thank you. For tonight… For all these years.”

 

“You’re welcome,” Sehun could practically see Chanyeol’s wide grin through the words.

 

“Hyung.”

 

“Yesss?”

 

“… aren’t you going to forgive Bomi Noona? You already made up with Kyungsoo Hyung.”

 

Chanyeol’s grin disappeared and he sighed. “Tell me, your fight with Suho Hyung, it doesn’t have anything to do with my relationship with Bomi, right? Because Suho Hyung asked me something about Bomi too earlier.”

 

Sehun didn’t answer. Apparently he’s not the only one who thought their situation resembled Chanyeol’s a little bit.  

 

“I don’t know, Sehun-ah. To be honest… I don’t— I don’t hate her,” Chanyeol used his forearm to cover his eyes. “… I was mad, yes, and I feel like a fool, because all these times when we’re together… Did I hurt Kyungsoo? When I remembered Bomi, crying… Was it because of me that they can’t be together? If there’s anyone at fault… It would be me.”

 

Sehun smiled grimly to himself. “If only the other one is Jongin Hyung… or even Baekhyun Hyung… They’re more blunt and straight forward. But it just happened to be you and Kyungsoo Hyung, and both of you think about other people first more than you should.”

 

Chanyeol imagined the scenarios in his head.

 

What the f—? Dude, she’s my ex-girlfriend, the one that I told you! Baekhyun would immediately shout out when he found out.

 

Wha—!? Oh , Baek, Baek, I don’t know, sorry, sorry! , what should I do?

 

And they would talk it out and Chanyeol would back out immediately and maybe through some awkward meetings he would be friends with Bomi and then it’s up to Baekhyun about his relationship with Bomi.

 

Jongin would jump into a punch.

 

What the hell was that for?!  Chanyeol would ask after the punch.

 

Sorry about that, Chanyeol. It’s just, the girl you slept with? She’s my ex-girlfriend.

 

And then Jongin would buy him food for the punch and he would be weird for a while, avoiding Chanyeol and stuff, but then he would get back to his usual self slowly, and none of them would contact Bomi again.

 

Chanyeol chuckled by himself.  “I guess you’re right.”

 

“I know I am. But Hyung, I think you’re forgetting something. Between you and Kyungsoo Hyung, who’s more stubborn?”

 

Chanyeol snorted because the answer was obvious. “Of course it’s him.”

 

“That’s right. And if he really, really, really likes something… Do you think Kyungsoo Hyung will ever let it go? He thinks about other people, but if it’s something that he sets his mind to, even though it’ll take time, he won’t give up. At least… that’s what I think of him,” Sehun added quietly.

 

This time Sehun’s words silence Chanyeol up.

 

“… What about me and Suho Hyung?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“… hypothetically speaking… if it’s me and Suho Hyung who involved with the same girl… What do you think will happen between us?”

 

Chanyeol didn’t realize that Sehun was holding his breath.

 

“You and Suho Hyung? Hmm… Well that’s a ty situation, that’s worse than the pairing of me and Kyungsoo…,” Chanyeol mumbled. “I think Hyung will give up, because, like Kyungsoo, you’re the more stubborn party.”

 

“But I don’t—”

 

“I didn’t say you’re stubborn at chasing the girl, Maknae. Now, can we go to sleep?” Chanyeol yawned. “I need to drive you to school tomorrow. Good night, Sehun-ah.”

 

“… good night, Hyung.” Sehun stared at the ceiling, and then he frowned when he realized Isn’t this the bed where Chanyeol Hyung and Bomi Noona—Eeew. Sehun didn’t need the image right now. He thought about his own room, and then his desk, the brochures in it… “Hyung.”

 

“Hmmm…,” Chanyeol hummed drowsily.

 

“I need your help.”

 


 

Seyeon collapsed to the floor, clutching into her stomach while silently laughing. Beside her Bomi was almost out of breath due to laughing, and Minah was slamming her hand repeatedly to the carpet, her laugh already disappear into silent laugh but her eye-smile remained.

 

“Oh, God… Where… did… you hear… that joke?” Seyeon stopped laughing, wiping her eyes. She lay on the carpet, staring at the lamp above them while her brain tried to catch up.

 

Lamps… Lamps are nice.

 

They’re white. Like his teeth.

 

 They shine. Like his eyes.

 

They’re bright. Like his smile.

 

His smile…

 

Seyeon’s face went blank at the image of a smiling Suho, his true smile. The image soon turned into Suho’s eyes, staring into Seyeon, behind the girl he was kissing.

 

“Seyeon-ah… Are you feeling better?” Bomi, too, was lying on her back beside Seyeon, and she inched closer as she whispered the words.

 

“A little,” Seyeon answered, her eyes still focused on the lamp above. “… If I’m not thinking about it.”

 

Seyeon felt Minah’s hand on her, holding it and squeezing it softly. On any other day she would find it weird about Minah being nice – Seyeon would crease her eyebrows and stuck up her nose and Minah would stick out her tongue and they would bicker while Bomi paid no attention to them and forced them to do activities together. But Seyeon knew today was not any other day.

 

It was Sunday afternoon when Bomi called Minah to hang out in her house, partly because it’s been a while since the three of them spent some times together, and the other reason was to console heart-broken Seyeon – and maybe heart-broken Bomi too, but she didn’t say anything about her and Chanyeol. In the end, the three girls spent their day buried in warm blanket, huddling in the couch watching comedy movies with a lot of popcorn, cookies, milk, and ice cream.

 

But distraction could only last for a while.

 

Seyeon closed her eyes, and a tear fell down from her eyes.

 

She felt a hand her hair gently and it felt nice, but it reminded her of Suho’s habit.

 

Do you like long-haired girl, she asked one day, because Suho just loved touching her hair – it, tucking it behind her ear, randomly twirling them in his index finger.

 

He laughed and Seyeon thought of jingling bells. Sorry, but your hair is really tempting me. It’s beautiful, he said, pulling her hair lightly and kissed the tips, still maintaining eye contact with her.

 

Seyeon shut her eyes tighter, trying to think about anything else but Suho.

 

Black.

 


 

“You look good in black hair,” Seyeon said, looking up to Suho from Suho’s high school photo that he showed her.

 

“I look better beside you,” Suho winked and Seyeon rolled her eyes, making Suho burst into a laugh.  

 


 

Thick books of International laws.

 


 

“Why are you studying law?” Seyeon asked curiously.

 

“I don’t know, why are you?”

 

“Because my parents told me so.”

 

“Well then,” Suho sat beside her, “My reason may or may not be the same with you,” he smiled, but Seyeon already learnt how to differentiate Suho’s smiles.

 


 

Spoon.

 


 

Seyeon stirred her coffee restlessly, staring at the spoon in her hand. “Can you stop staring like that? Why don’t you do something else? Like… texting… or something… You used to be on your phone twenty four-seven.”

 

Suho shook his head lightly, propping his chin with his hand. “I already have better things now.”

 


 

This is impossible. 

 

Seyeon pressed the heels of her palms to her eyes. The more she tried to not thinking about it, the more she remembered.

 


 

They moved to Bomi’s room, having the heart-to-heart talk there. Even though it’s cramped and Seyeon complained about how silly it was since she had her own bed, Bomi and Minah trapped her between them and wouldn’t let her go. Seyeon grumbled but she complied anyway. Besides, it’s warmer that way, but she didn’t say that out loud. But she did tell them about her feelings.

 

“My positive side says that… there must be a good reason behind his action. I know it’s intentional. Did I do something wrong? It’s more comforting for me to think that he’s scared… He’s not ready to open his heart for me…,” Seyeon said quietly. “But then, my negative side will says, what’s the reason? What’s so important that he had the heart to do that to me? If he simply doesn’t like me anymore, can’t he just say it directly to me? It’s almost like he’s desperate to make me hate him… But I guess it doesn’t matter anymore. He chose to hurt me. I get the message, he doesn’t want us any longer, and I won’t beg for him.”

 

Bomi felt a pang in her heart because she knew the reason behind Suho’s action but she couldn’t tell it to her best friend without revealing Sehun’s feeling. And even though she only knew Sehun a couple months, she cared for him and she respected his feeling too.

 

She hugged Seyeon, wishing that Suho would change his mind about the whole situation. As for Sehun… Bomi could only pray for the boy, that one day he would find his true happiness, not by sacrificing his own to make people he loved happy.

 

“So, enough about me, okay?” Seyeon tried to smile, patting Bomi’s forearm and pinching Minah’s cheek since Minah had her grieving face on. “What about you, Bomi? Chanyeol… He’s still not talking to you?”

 

Bomi forced a smile, she didn’t tell Seyeon or Minah about she went to Chanyeol’s place to comfort Sehun. “… It’s okay, I can understand, I will be angry too if I was him.”

 

“But you don’t do anything wrong.”

 

Bomi shook her head, telling Seyeon to let the matter go.

 

“Bomi-ah. Baekhyunnie… and Jongin too… They asked me… Well, actually, I’m also curious… Do you still like Kyungsoo?” Minah asked carefully, afraid that she would offend or hurt Bomi with her question.

 

“Kyungsoo…,” Bomi exhaled. “Honestly, right now I don’t have the confidence to say that I don’t like him anymore. But I also don’t know if it’s still love or not, because he will always have a special place in my heart. Besides… if right now I say that I like Chanyeol, don’t you think… it’s too fast? Won’t you judge me because I forget Kyungsoo so easily, and I like Chanyeol just because he likes me?” she turned to her two best friends, slightly nervous and worried about talking her heart out.

 

Minah tried to get up, leaning on her elbows. “What is wrong with liking someone back because they like you? Isn’t that normal?” she frowned. “Chanyeol treats you nicely and I can tell he’s sincere to you, falling for him is only natural.”

 

“I never thought that I will say this, but Minah’s right, Bomi,” Seyeon slapped Minah’s arm playfully when she saw the girl grinned at her, “You told me that it’s okay to like Joonmyeon. Well I think it’s perfectly okay to like Chanyeol. No one’s going to judge you, Bomi. If you stop liking Kyungsoo, it’s not like you betray him or being unfaithful.”

 

Bomi looked at Seyeon and Minah, and then she hugged Seyeon in the middle even tighter, showing her gratitude. “I’ll clear up my feelings… and then… when I can confidently say it... Guess it’s my turn to show it to him, right?” she smiled to the girls.

 

“That’s my girl,” Seyeon patted Bomi’s head. “Okay, since my love life is depressing and Bomi’s is not very bright either, you’re our last hope, Bang Minah. Please tell me that you and that dumb kid finally make some progress.”

 

Bomi and Seyeon turned their heads to Minah.

 

Minah frowned. “That’s rude, Seyeon-ah. Baekhyunnie is not dumb…”

 

Seyeon stared at Minah for a while. “… Well, my mistake, it should be dumb and dumber.”

 

Bomi nudged Seyeon’s shoulder but she couldn’t cover her giggle. “We’re not talking about Baekhyun, Minah-yah. We’re asking you about Jongin.”

 

“Oh.” Minah’s mouth made an ‘O’ shape. “… Oh. W-what about him?” Minah rested back to the pillow.

 

“Seriously? Are you going to say that there’s nothing between you and Jongin? Even a blind man can see the attraction between you two,” Seyeon said mockingly.

 

“Why is everybody keep saying things about me and Jongin?” Minah shot back, frustrated. “We’re not— We’re just friends! I know that Baekhyun said I don’t like him like that, that I actually like J-J-Jongin… But I think he’s wrong! Me and Jongin… we’re just… um, good friends. Yes, that’s it. Baekhyun mistook our f-friendship as… more than a friendship.”

 

“Wow. Do you hear yourself?” Seyeon asked sarcastically.

 

“But Minah-yah,” Bomi called, “You’ve been meeting Jongin outside EXO, right? You keep on talking about him. And these days, you rarely talk about Baekhyun anymore.”

 

“W-well that’s just because… because… Because J-Jongin is annoying! I hate him!”

 

“I thought you said you guys are good friends…,” Seyeon muttered.

 

“W-we are! I mean…,” Minah sighed and covered her face with her hands, “I don’t understand… Why do you keep on pushing me about him? I don’t like Jongin... He’s annoying! He always acts cool but I know he’s not! He’s just silly, and what kind of person sleepy all the times? A-and, you know, when he laughs, he sounds ridiculous! I don’t get it, what his fans see in him? You won’t believe how many fans he has, even though he’s behind the drum and you can’t see him as clear as the other members... Maybe because he looks like he enjoys it so much, playing drum? ... His fans, you should see them... They’re beautiful...,” Minah’s voice gradually turned into a murmur, “There’s this unnie... She’s so feminine and her hair is long and she’s tall and slim and she smells like flower... I’m sure Jongin likes that kind of girl... He won’t like someone like me…”

 

Bomi and Seyeon exchanged looks.

 

Bomi was almost jumping up in her place, too excited with the direction their talk came out. “Minah-yah, don’t you know, Jongin is—”

 

“—ssh,” Seyeon pushed Bomi back to the bed, shushing her down. Bomi shot her a confused look while Minah was too drowned in her thoughts to notice the two. “Let Jongin suffers a little bit more. If he’s a man, he should make the move, not Minah. It won’t be fun if Jongin gets happy too easily.”

 

Bomi looked at Seyeon, incredulous. “Wow… You really like Jongin, don’t you?”

 

“Maybe?” Seyeon shrugged her shoulders, a faint smile on her lips.   

 


 

It was still an ungodly hour, but Sehun already wide awake and all dressed up.

 

He stared at his own reflection in the mirror, tall and pointy chin and blank face and blond.  He surpassed Suho’s height two years ago, puberty hit him very well and suddenly he’s no longer the scrawny kid that got beat up in the school’s backyard. He’s still thin, but under the sweater he’s wearing, there were muscles that weren’t there years before.

 

Sehun raked his hair; when Suho turned red, he turned blond. When the other students shyly dyed their hair dark red, dark brown or brunette, and there’s this junior who chose dark blue, Sehun blatantly chose blond, not caring if he’s attracting his seniors’ attention by doing so – both good attentions and the bad ones.  

 

I’m not the same kid that needs protection.   

 

He got away with it because of his grades and the trophies he got for the school.

 

There’s a soft knock on his door, and his mother calling out, “Sehun? Are you ready? Come on, we don’t want to be late.” She sounded nervous. Sehun opened the door, and Mrs. Oh looked at him like she would have a mental breakdown anytime soon. “Do you want to eat something before? Can you eat something? You should eat a little… But don’t eat too many! I don’t cook anything spicy for today— Are you sure you already bring everything? What about your identity card? You bring enough pencils? Erasers? Don’t forget to bring—”

 

“Mother,” Suho showed up behind Mrs. Oh and he ran his hands up and down Mrs. Oh’s arms, “Calm down. Sehun will be fine, you also need to eat something.”

 

“How can I eat anything right now, Joonmyeon-ah,” Mrs. Oh whined, now twisting her fingers nervously. “What if—”

 

“Mother,” Suho called again, in the years he lived in the Oh residence, his uncle and aunt made him call them as father and mother, “... Let’s trust Sehun on this, alright?”

 

Suho glanced at Sehun, and Sehun stared back at him. “Yes, Mom, trust me. We already talk about this.”

 

Suho creased his eyebrows, didn’t understand what Sehun was talking about. But Mrs. Oh started rambling again, so ever so gently he pushed Mrs. Oh by her shoulders, leading her downstairs, “Please calm down, Mother. It’s Sehun that has his entrance exam today, not you.”

 


 

Kyungsoo stopped in his track when he saw the people that occupied the chairs around the table, because he didn’t expect anyone else beside Baekhyun. He looked at the keyboardist dead in the eyes. “You said you want to talk.”

 

“I did!” Baekhyun looked offended with whatever Kyungsoo’s going to accuse him about. He waved his hand to the chair beside him. “Sit down, Kyung. We’re going to start the meeting.”

 

“Of course,” Kyungsoo mumbled to himself, taking the seat between Baekhyun and Seyeon.

 

“We’ve been tricked,” Seyeon hissed to him, her eyes not leaving a ‘Wow-look-at-that-marvelous-ceiling-I-wonder-what’s-that-made-of’ Minah. “I know something is weird when Minah wants to eat lunch with me, just the two of us.”

 

Kyungsoo sighed. It’s been a little rocky between him and Baekhyun even after he and Chanyeol made up, but Kyungsoo understood and he backed away from Baekhyun for a while. So when Baekhyun called him, saying that he wanted to talk, Kyungsoo hoped it’s a sign that Baekhyun’s ready to be friends again. Now, sitting in a table of five in a restaurant near their campus, Kyungsoo realized that Baekhyun was more than ready.

 

But if Kyungsoo was a little bit disappointed because Baekhyun lied to him while Seyeon obviously thought it’s a waste of time and already planning ways to get back at Minah, none of them looked anywhere near Jongin. To said he’s pissed off was probably an understatement. He didn’t move his eyes away from Minah, as if he’s determined to bore a hole in Minah’s head, and his stare was between angry and betrayed. Kyungsoo could only guess what Minah said to Jongin and how his friend didn’t respond well when Minah turned out to be lying to him.

 

They ordered food and Baekhyun waited until all food arrived before he started.

 

“Okay! Now, that we’re all here,” Baekhyun clapped his hands, ignoring Jongin’s glare, “We’re going to talk about, well, what else, Operation of Getting Chanyeol and Bomi Back Together!” Only Minah clapped her hands with enthusiasm. Her claps faded when Jongin scowled at her.

 

“Baek…,” Kyungsoo let out a desperate breath.

 

“What? I thought you said you and Bomi are no longer…,” Baekhyun didn’t finish his sentence, just shrugging nonchalantly.

 

“Didn’t say I’m ready to jump side and playing cupid for my ex-girlfriend and my best friend either!” Kyungsoo snapped, rubbing his temple harshly.

 

“Ooops?” Baekhyun offered, unconvincing. “I’m sorry, Kyung, but I think you’re the only one who can talk Chanyeol out.”

 

Kyungsoo knew that Baekhyun was probably right.

 

“Well, I’ve been thinking, that it will be difficult for Chanyeol and Bomi to be together since Chanyeol avoids her like a plague and he won’t say it out loud but I know it’s actually bugging him too,” Baekhyun started to talk, ignoring the grim aura around him, “And again, they need a little push. Just a little, and no alcohol involved,” he assured Kyungsoo who seemingly wanted to say something, “… maybe,” Baekhyun added in a mutter. “We need to do something together, all of us, so they can’t avoid being together. Since we’re all singles… no offense, Seyeon,” he pointed to Seyeon.

 

“Aaand none taken,” Seyeon raised her glass to Baekhyun.

 

Jongin patted Seyeon’s hand lightly without looking and Minah unknowingly frowned a little.

 

“Since we’re all singles… I think, how about a Christmas party? Chanyeol is going home on 24th, maybe we should do it on 23rd.”

 

Minah choked on her food and Jongin jerked up.

 

“Unless… you two already have a plan…?” Baekhyun cocked his eyebrow, looking suspiciously at Minah and Jongin’s reaction.

 

Jongin coughed and covered his mouth. He glanced at Minah.

 

“No, of course not,” and “We don’t,” they said simultaneously.

 

“… Ooo… kay,” Baekhyun nodded slowly, still curious about their reactions. He decided that it’s not important and turned back to the topic. “So, a Christmas party sounds good, right? Maybe we should do a secret santa and make them—”

 

“Oh,” Seyeon cut Baekhyun off, “Actually, Bomi is going to buy gifts for all of you, so it may not necessary in Bomi’s part. I don’t know about Chanyeol.”

 

“She does? Wow, she’s so nice, why did you let her go?” Baekhyun nudged Kyungsoo and snickered when Kyungsoo stared at him. “I think Chanyeol needs a reason to buy a gift for Bomi. He may buy one, but he will be so damn confused and hesitant and he’ll end up keep the gift to himself. What do you guys say about the Secret Santa that isn’t so secret?”

 

“Question,” Seyeon raised her hand. “Can we make it so that I’m not Suho’s secret santa?”

 

“Absolutely.”

 

“Then I’m in.”

 

“That’s the spirit, Jin Seyeon!” Baekhyun offered Seyeon a high five and Seyeon slapped his hand half-heartedly.

 

“Sorry, Kyungsoo-yah,” Seyeon turned to Kyungsoo.

 

The boy only raised his palm towards Seyeon while shaking his head, didn’t want to hear more from his best friend. He had enough headaches from Baekhyun.  

 

Jongin nudged Seyeon with his elbow. “Are you going to be okay, meeting Suho Hyung?”

 

Seyeon shrugged lazily. “Have to. I see him at campus too. I don’t want to be a coward and avoid him just because we didn’t work out.”

 

“Okay then, I’ll arrange the secret santa, and are we going to do it at your place or Chanyeol’s place or…?” Baekhyun looked around the tables for more ideas.

 

“Do it at Chanyeol’s place, that way we can make Chanyeol take Bomi home and they’ll have time together,” suddenly Kyungsoo said, earning surprised looks from his four friends. He pushed his fringe back and ran her fingers through his locks, “Look… I’ll go with whatever you have in mind, so can I go home now? It’s still… a little bit uncomfortable for me.”

 

Baekhyun opened his mouth but then he yelped, apparently Jongin kicked his leg under the table. “Auch!” he glared at Jongin, and said with gritted teeth, “I was going to say…  Of course, Kyungsoo, thank you so much for your help, you .” Baekhyun turned to Kyungsoo. “… I’m sorry, Soo. Thanks for your help.”

 

Kyungsoo smiled because he understood Baekhyun’s apology and that’s the best you could get from Byun Baekhyun. “I’m sorry too, Baek. I’m going home first, tell me the details later, okay?”

 

As Kyungsoo made his way home alone in his dark blue coat, walking through the stores on the roadside and staring at the strangers’ faces, he thought about Seyeon who suddenly supporting Baekhyun’s idea and Kyungsoo figured it’s probably because Seyeon knew Bomi better than the rest of them.  

 

He tried to picture Bomi with Chanyeol, and he stopped his steps when he realized something.

 

Kyungsoo still felt a little bit uneasy, a little bit lonely, and he felt he just lose a part of his life, but there’s also another feeling; and that was relieved.

 

Because Chanyeol was a great guy, and he knew if it would happen, Chanyeol would take good care of Bomi.

 

With the new thought in his mind, Kyungsoo continued his steps, remembering the presents he got from Bomi years before, and he wondered what he should buy for Bomi this Christmas.

 


 

One particular day in winter, Sehun sat in front of his laptop, filling an application form online and sending his recorded performance – him playing guitar with a song he composed himself with Chanyeol’s help – to SM College of Music and Dance Performance.

 

He re-read his application one more time, and after taking a glance at a portrait of him and Suho in the desk, Sehun clicked the send button.

 


 

  • Thank you so much kimchi_smile, keroromyung, ijaizkool, changters, LittleAcorn for the upvotes :D For all the readers, thank you for reading, comments are appreciated!
  • Miracles in December? /crying My fav is First Snow, what about you?
  • By the way, which one of you is c-bbom from tumblr because WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME ABOUT YOUR EDIT DID YOU GET MY MESSAGE OR NOT AND TELL ME WHO YOU ARE BEFORE I USE YOUR EDIT WITHOUT PERMISSION, TELL ME PLEASEEEE :(