Blast From the Past

Closer, Closer

 

How can you leave?

How can you change overnight?

Can We Love Again – 4men ft. Davichi

 


 

Bomi ran off into her room, slamming her room’s door in the process. She threw herself to the bed, her tears were in the edge of pouring down. How did it end up like this?

 

Do Kyungsoo.

 

That name always managed to left a sting in her heart, even until know, 2 years later. There was a time when just by thinking of that name, her heart would feel warm, butterflies in her tummy. There wasn’t a day pass without seeing him, talking to him, holding his hand. There was a time when Do Kyungsoo was her whole world.

 

But then everything changed, her world crumbled, felt apart, and Do Kyungsoo was the reason.

 

The man that made her laugh, was also the same man that made her cry.

 

Even after times passed, for some reason, Bomi could never really forget him. It wasn’t a perfect love.  They fought, they cried, they made up, but then they laughed again. Do Kyungsoo was her first love. Her pure, innocent, first love. And when he left, he made a scar on Bomi’s heart.

 

But just when Bomi swore that she wouldn’t fall again, Kyungsoo came back in her life. Even worse, beside him, there’s someone who came along.  

 

Park Chanyeol.

 

It shouldn’t be this complicated. It should be a one night stand. So maybe they could be friends, but that should be the end of it.

 

But Chanyeol’s wide smile, his confused look, his awkward actions, his gentle touch…

 

Just when Chanyeol started to leave his footprints, Kyungsoo reminded her of what’s truly inside her heart.

 


 

“Chanyeol’s my band mate.”

 

Bomi’s eyes were widened in shock. Kyungsoo stared at her with his big eyes, but it’s not warm like his usual stare. Bomi felt she was being judged; blamed. She knew that look in Kyungsoo’s eyes, and she hated it more than anything. Gone was his smile, his kindness. There’s nothing in those stare except: ‘I don’t care about you.’  

 

“You slept with him?” his voice was still icy cold, match his stare perfectly.

 

“I…-“

 

“Why did you do that?” his tone was calm, but it stabbed Bomi’s heart the same. And his tone remained the same, even with the following words, “What? You did it with a stranger you meet at a party? It was your first time, and you gave it away just like that? What are you, are you that easy? So you’re that kind of person?”

 

“Do Kyungsoo,” Bomi snapped, her voice trembling from anger. How dare he? “Stop it.”

 

Kyungsoo still stared at Bomi, when suddenly his eyes grew softer, as if he just realized what he was saying. “I-I didn’t mean to say those things,” he stuttered. “I just-… I feel jealous-“

 

“Stop talking!” Bomi cried out. “Don’t lie anymore, I know,” Bomi said while packing her things. Her whole body was shaking. She turned to Kyungsoo, furious, “Kyungsoo, you’re not jealous. It was your pride that got hurt. We’re not lovers anymore. I can do whatever I want, with whoever I want. Sorry it happened to be your friend, but there’s nothing I can do to change that. Good bye.”

 

And with those words, Bomi slung her bag to her shoulder, leaving Kyungsoo alone in his seat.

 


 

“We’re not lovers anymore. I can do whatever I want, with whoever I want.”

 

That’s the truth. But why she felt so guilty?

 

We’re not lovers anymore.

 

She said it herself, but why it hurts so much?

 

It hurts.

 

And just like that, Bomi broke down and cried.   

 


 

“Oh, Kyung!” Baekhyun’s face that showed up opening the door dragged Kyungsoo back to the reality.

 

Where am I? Oh right, Chanyeol’s place. Chanyeol. The name resonated in his mind.

 

“Why are you standing there like an idiot? Come in,” Baekhyun pulled him in, and closing the door behind him. “So we only need to wait for Sehunnie,” Baekhyun concluded as he sat back to the couch, next to Chanyeol.

 

Kyungsoo remembered his meeting with Sehun earlier. “He said he can’t make it. He has home works,” Kyungsoo heard himself talked in monotone voice. His eyes found Chanyeol, playing with the guitar, talking with Baekhyun.

 

“What?” Chanyeol asked after realized Kyungsoo was standing still near the entrance door, just staring at him.

 

“Sit down, Kyungsoo,” Suho called.

 

Kyungsoo followed his leader words. Jongin, who was sitting in the single couch, moved to the carpet and rested his back to the couch. Kyungsoo took the couch that was left by Jongin. Actually Jongin didn’t have to do that, there’s still place for Kyungsoo in the long couch. But he did it anyway.

 

“Okay, since Sehun can’t make it, let’s just start,” Suho leaned over, resting his elbows on his thighs. “We already agreed on some songs…”

 

Kyungsoo’s mind drifted away.

 


 

“You slept with him?”

 

Kyungsoo could hear his own words, but it seemed so far away. And he sincerely hoped that it wasn’t true, that Bomi would say no. But his hope was crushed when he saw Bomi’s reaction. She looked flustered, troubled, and she didn’t deny it.

 

“I…-“

 

“Why did you do that?” Kyungsoo cut her off. A weird feeling was building up inside him. He couldn’t explain it. Why? He shouldn’t care. Bomi was a part of his past. “What? You did it with a stranger you meet at a party? It was your first time, and you gave it away just like that? What are you, are you that easy?” the word just kept on pouring out without a brake. Yoon Bomi, HIS Bbom, touched by another man; his best friend. “So you’re that kind of person?”

 

“Do Kyungsoo,” Bomi’s voice was trembling, but it was clear enough to slapped Kyungsoo back to reality. “Stop it.”

 

Kyungsoo stiffened in his seat. What did he said? He couldn’t remember it clearly. But he saw tears were build up in Bomi’s eyes. And Bomi was always addressing him with his full name when she was mad. Now everything came back to him.

 

“I-I didn’t mean to say those things,” Kyungsoo said immediately. No matter how angry he was, he shouldn’t talk like that to Bomi, his Bbom. But Kyungsoo couldn’t explain what he feels. “I just-… I feel jealous-“

 

 “Stop talking!” Bomi’s scream startled him. “Don’t lie anymore, I know,” Bomi said while packing her things. She turned to Kyungsoo, furious. Kyungsoo always hate that expression. Like everything were his fault, like he didn’t try enough.  

 

“Kyungsoo, you’re not jealous. It was your pride that got hurt. We’re not lovers anymore. I can do whatever I want, with whoever I want. Sorry it happened to be your friend, but there’s nothing I can do to change that. Good bye.”

 

And with those words, Bomi slung her bag to her shoulder, leaving Kyungsoo alone in his seat.

 


 

Yoon Bomi.

 

That name always managed to make him flinched. 

 

Kyungsoo knew too well that he messed up, and there’s no way back for him. Ever. So he decided to stepped away, buried his feelings and swore to never dig them up again. It’s the best for both of them. Until suddenly she showed up, with a twist. A twist named Park Chanyeol.

 

My pride? Why? Cause someone took something that should be mine? But I’m the one who let it slipped through my fingers… Was it really my pride that got hurt? Or...

 

“Kyungsoo!” a nudge on his leg had awoken him from his thought. He looked down and saw Jongin staring at him.

 

“What?”

 

“I was talking to you,” Suho’s voice made Kyungsoo turned his head up front. “You’re not listening.”

 

“I’m sorry, Hyung,” Kyungsoo rubbed his face. “What was it?”

 

“I want to hear you sing Billionaire. Chanyeol here can play for you,” Suho pointed Chanyeol beside him with his head’s motion.

 

Kyungsoo turned his gaze to Chanyeol.

 

“Ready, Kyung?” Chanyeol asked.

 

Kyungsoo nodded unconsciously.  

 

He stared hard at Chanyeol, who started to play the guitar. His eyes stumbled on Chanyeol’s hands.

 

His hands.

 

He touched Bomi with those hands.

 

He kissed Bomi with those lips.

 

He embraced Bomi with those arms.  

 

He tainted Bomi. His Bomi.

 

Suddenly Kyungsoo stood up. Images of his ex-girlfriend with his best friend were too much to handle. All EXO members looked at him, surprised at his sudden action. Kyungsoo looked at Suho and said with a flat tone, “Hyung, sorry, I just remembered I had things to do. I’ll sing any song you want. I’m really sorry.” He grabbed his bag, ignoring Suho’s call, and rushing his way out.

 


 

Kyungsoo lied awake in his bed. He didn’t know what time it was, or how long he had stay like that just staring at the ceiling of his room. Now when he thought about it, he was a little bit hungry. It must had been past dinner time. Did her mother call earlier? Oh right, his hyung came into the room, but he pretended to asleep. He just didn’t know what to think or what to feel. He didn’t want to face the world.

 

There was soft knocks on his door. “Kyungsoo? I’m coming in.” The door opened, and Jongin brought himself in, carrying a plastic bag beside his backpack.

 

“Oh, Jongin,” Kyungsoo sat up on his bed. “What’s the matter?”

 

Jongin shrugged. “You looked weird earlier. And Auntie said you’ve been sleeping since you arrived. Good thing I brought you spaghetti from your favorite restaurant. Ah, I forget to bring the plate.” Before Kyungsoo could say anything, Jongin already disappeared.

 

Kyungsoo let out a sighed. Jongin was his first friend in this city, back when he was a transferred student in high school. He was his desk mate, and even though he looked cold at first, he was actually a very nice guy. They became inseparable, and despite his big-build, it was Kyungsoo who always took care of Jongin. Now it seemed the table was turned. He even bought him his favorite food.

 

“Here,” Jongin came back with two plates and the utensils. He neatly served the spaghetti he bought, and gave it to Kyungsoo. “Come on, let’s eat.”

 

“We’ll get fat, eating at this hour.”

 

Jongin scoffed. “But you’ll eat anyway.”

 

They ate while talking about stuff; the lecture they had earlier this morning – both of them studying Korean Language & Literature, about the football match last night, about the new girl band that debuted a month ago.

 

“You’re spending the night,” Kyungsoo said, tried to confirm his thought, after they finished eating.  

 

Jongin raised his eyebrows. “Isn’t it obvious already? What, you want to send me home after you eat? You ungrateful bastard.”

 

Kyungsoo chuckled. He prepared the mattress for himself; he always let Jongin slept in the bed when Jongin sleeping over.

 

After brushing their teeth and more chatting, Kyungsoo turned the light off. Jongin already wrapped himself in blanket, his eyes shut closed.

 

Kyungsoo laid his back in the mattress. After a minute of silence, he finally said, “You’re not going to ask?”

 

“No, if you don’t wall to tell me,” Jongin muttered, turned out he hasn’t fall asleep too.

 

Kyungsoo let a moment passed, before he talked again, “How do you feel if I slept with your ex girl friend? Your first love?”

 

Jongin turned his body, facing Kyungsoo now. “Where is this conversation come from?” he asked, puzzled. Kyungsoo had his back towards him, so Jongin couldn’t read his expression.

 

“You remember the girl that slept with Chanyeol?”

 

 “Yeah, sure. The members made a big deal out of it. Why?”

 

“… Turns out, he was sleeping with Yoon Bomi,” Kyungsoo’s voice was low, but it was clear enough for Jongin to heard him.

 

Jongin frowned. He tried to remember every person that Kyungsoo ever mentioned to him. Suddenly he stopped breathing as he recalled something. “What, Yoon Bomi? Yoon Bomi, as in your ex-girlfriend?”

 

“… yes… My ex-girlfriend…”

 


 

Hello. Again, thank you for subscribing and the comments, I really appreciate it :"D

I'm having my bachelor's defense next Monday, so I won't update until Monday/Tuesday. Hopefully the next time I update this story, I have good news to share with you. Have a wonderful weekend everyone ^____^