Cherry

Closer, Closer

 


 

Bomi entered her flat slowly, peeking her head and checking before she decided it was save for her to come in. She was trying to close the door without making any sound, but she flinched and stopped when someone yelled behind her.

 

“YA, YOON BOMI! How dare you come home after making me worried all night?!”

 

Bomi turned around, trying to put her best cute face. A girl with a striking beauty was standing with her hands in her hips, looked furious. “Seyeon-ah… Mianhae…,” she walked to the girls and linked her arm with the girl’s arm. “My battery ran out last night… Don’t be mad~ Okay? Aaa~ Unnie.”

 

The girl snorted. “Unnie?! Don’t you dare ‘unnie’ me!” she shouted, shaking Bomi’s arm off from her. Her hair was as black as the night, and she could easily pass as a model for shampoo commercial. She was also tall and has a nice, proportional body. “Do you how worried I am?! I called Minah and some of your friends, no one knew where you are!” she continued the scolding.

 

“I know… I’m really sorry, it won’t happen again…,” Bomi hugged the girl from the side. “By the way, it was Minah who ditched me as soon as she saw EXO’s members!” Bomi added while pouting.

 

“I know, she told me that. I scolded her too.”

 

“Seyeon-ah, don’t be mad. You won’t believe what happened last night.” Bomi couldn’t help but to smile.

 

Seyeon looked at her best friend, suspicious. “Well, what happened?”

 

“Forgive me and I’ll tell you what happened!” Bomi exclaimed cheerfully, released her hug and walked away. “I’m going to take a shower first!”

 

“What?” Seyeon turned around, pissed off after being played by Bomi. “But yeah, you smelled weird. And you walk funny, why are you limping like that?” she said to Bomi’s back that going further away. “… and whose shirt is that? It’s like a man’s …” Seyeon slowly came to realization. “Yoon Bomi! Don’t tell me you-!!!”

 


 

Bomi was drying her hair with a towel in her room when Seyeon barged in. “Spilled it!” Seyeon demanded as she jumped to Bomi’s bed, grabbing Bomi’s pink cat pillow-doll into her lap and hugged it. Bomi and Seyeon were best friends since kids, and they decided to move in together when they go to college in this city.

 

Bomi glanced at Seyeon, teasing her. “Should I tell you or not…?”

 

“Ya, you!” Seyeon threw the pillow to Bomi, who caught it while laughing.

 

“Okay, okay! I’ll tell you,” Bomi also crawled to the bed, sat beside Seyeon. Now she got all timid and embarrassed again. “Well, last night…,” Bomi started, but abruptly stopped. “Wait, didn’t Minah tell you anything? About the… game?”

 

Seyeon shook her head. “She said she got a call last night from her parents, they told her to go home immediately. So Minah went home, she completely forgot about you. She tried to call you after, but she said you didn’t pick up. And when I called you it went to the mailbox,” Seyeon added, pinched Bomi’s cheek hard to vent her anger.

 

“Sowryyy,” Bomi yelped when Seyeon pinched her cheek. She rubbed it with pained look after Seyeon released her. “… Okay. So. Last night,” Bomi started again. “We played the King Game. And most of us were already drunk by that time, including me. And this time, the King ordered number 2 to kiss number 4. I was number 4.”

 

“Oooooh. Then?” Seyeon leaned over.

 

“Well there was this guy… And he came to me… And kissed me… And…,” Bomi’s voice was drifting away as she recalled her first kiss last night with Chanyeol.

 

“And then WHAT?” Seyeon snapped, dying to know the continuation.

 

“I don’t know, Seyeon-ah, you know I’m not that type of girl, but…,” Bomi shook her head, “… but his kiss seemed so right, do you know what I mean? It was… perfect. So we kissed again. And I really don’t know how, he said his place was nearby. We ended up at his place, and… well,” Bomi shrugged before bury her face in the pillows.

 

“Aaaaaah!” Seyeon let out a little scream. “I can’t believe you gave your first time to a stranger! Wait, who is he? Do I know him?” Suddenly Seyeon’s beautiful face turned scary. “What if he’s that kind of guy? You know, who pick up girls from parties, just to have one night stand? What were you thinking? I know you were drunk, but…”

 

“He’s not that kind of guy, Seyeon-ah,” Bomi reassured her. “And I know it’s weird, I can’t explain it, but I’m really fine. He was sweet, and gentle to me. I don’t regret it.”

 

“Well… still, how do you know he’s not an who preys on innocent girls?” Seyeon insisted.

 

“Because… it’s his first time too.”

 

“Yeah, right,” Seyeon scoffed. “And you believed him?”

 

“Yes… Plus, his friends kind of rubbed it in front of his face, that he finally lost his ity,” Bomi giggled. Now when she thought about it, Chanyeol and his friends were really funny, and you can tell they were very close by the way they interact.

 

“His friends? You met his friends? What happened, really? And who is this guy?”

 

Bomi looked at Seyeon with meaningful look. “… Minah couldn’t stop talking about them,” she hinted while smiling mischievously. 

 

Seyeon’s jaw dropped hearing it. “EXO? You slept with an EXO member? Which one?!”

 

“The guitarist. Park Chanyeol.”

 

Seyeon frowned before shook her head. “Nope, no idea. I forget that I don’t know any of them. I heard one of them is my sunbae, though.”

 

“That may be Suho-ssi…,” Bomi mumbled to herself.

 

“Well, how does this Park Chanyeol look? Is he handsome?” Seyeon asked, impatience.

 

Bomi quickly nodded. “He’s tall. Like, really tall. And he has these big, round eyes, they were so cute. But his voice is so deep, you won’t guess that he has that kind of voice. Actually, I also didn’t know him at first. Minah told me when we arrived at them party.”

 

“Do you like him? Are you going to meet again?”

 

“I have to, I borrow his clothes. And I kind of promised him to see his performances,” Bomi answered. “He’s cute, and nice, but… I think we won’t be more than friends.”

 

“Yeah… friends with benefits,” Seyeon . “I bet Minah will go crazy if she knows. And then you guys can watch their performances together and be their fangirls.”

 

“And you too. I’ll drag you to join us. Chanyeol-ssi has very good looking friends, you know. Maybe I can trick one of them to be your boyfriend… Suho-ssi? Or Baekhyun-ssi? I think Sehun-ssi is too good for you,” Bomi already deep in her own plan.

 

“Stop playing match-making! Oh, by the way…,” Seyeon’s voice suddenly turn soft. “Ehm. I also asked him last night, when you didn’t come home.”

 

“… him?” Bomi looked confused. But then she snapped when she realized who Seyeon was talking about. “Why did you asked him?!”

 

“Well, we don’t know a lot of people here, so I don’t know, I immediately thought of him. I’m sorry,” Seyeon apologized.

 

Bomi sighed. “No, it’s okay. It’s my fault.”

 

“So… if you’re not mad… What happened? You met EXO members? And why were you wearing his clothes?” Seyeon demanded more explanation.

 

Bomi immediately turned all bright and bashful. “Well, about that…”

 


 

“Aaaah… I’m hungry… Where’s Kyungsoo Hyung…,” Sehun collapsed to the couch behind him. He was playing PES with Suho when the hunger defeated him.

 

“He’s on his way with Jongin, they already finished shopping,” Suho said after checking his phone. “Are you that hungry? Want me to fry you eggs?” Suho has been living with Sehun’s family for four years now, and he really doted Sehun.

 

“No… It’s okay… Let’s wait for Kyungsoo Hyung,” Sehun sighed.

 

At that time, Chanyeol got out from the bathroom, just finished taking a bath. He hummed happily.

 

“Chanyeollie! Play the guitar for me!” Baekhyun, who were playing with Chanyeol’s guitar, raised the guitar to his best friend.

 

“Okay!” Chanyeol jumped to the couch beside Baekhyun. “Hmmm… Ah, it’s been a while since I practice this song,” he said, as he started to play a melody with the guitar.

 

Baekhyun noticed the song and sang along. It was Live High by Jason Mraz. “I try to picture a girl… Through a looking glass… Mmmm….,” Baekhyun could only hum as he didn’t remember the lyric. “Aaaaah I don’t know!” he finally gave up and laughed together with Chanyeol.

 

BUZZZ! The bell rang.

 

“Food!” Sehun yelled.

 

“I’ll get it!” Chanyeol stood up and took two giant steps to the door. “Welcome, Jongin, Kyungsoo!” he exclaimed cheerfully as opening the door. Two guys came in; one was well-built and tanned, while the other one had bamby eyes. They carried a lot of groceries bag. “Here, let me help!” Chanyeol took some of the bags and carried them to the kitchen in a rush. The two guys looked at Chanyeol with confusion; Chanyeol was always a hyper one, but something’s feel different.

 

“What’s with him?” Jongin, the one with tanned skin sat down in the couch. He’s tall, had sharp square jaw, and looked very cool. Baekhyun chuckled while Suho and Sehun smiled, still playing PES.

 

“So, what do you want to cook? Is there anything that I can help?” Chanyeol stared at the other guy who followed him to the kitchen; his eyes beamed enthusiasm.

 

His opponent, Kyungsoo, narrowed his bamby eyes, scanning Chanyeol. “Someone’s happy… What happened?” he turned to the boys in the living room. He’s handsome, with round eyes and full lips; he had a likeable face. 

 

Finally Baekhyun cracked, “Chanyeol just popped someone’s cherry! And he said bye-bye to his purity~”

 

“What, really?”  Kyungsoo turned to Chanyeol, who had this smug expression on his face. “Well, congrats,” he punched Chanyeol’s arm lightly, who grinned as he said thank you. “I’ll make sure today’s dishes are super delicious.”

 

“What’s ‘popped someone’s cherry’? I think I have the idea… but why is it call like that?” Sehun asked Baekhyun.

 

“You know the girls have this thing called-“ Baekhyun was just about to explain when he noticed Suho’s stare at him, warning him not to. “… just googled it,” he finally said to Sehun.

 

“Who’s the girl? Chanyeol has a girlfriend?” Jongin asked.

 

“Nope! One night stand with a girl from last night’s party. Chanyeol got to kiss this girl at the King Game. Who knew that incident lead to our Chanyeolie’s step to adulthood,” Baekhyun explained, almost looked proud. “You guys didn’t come to the party last night, and you missed her too this morning. “

 

“Don’t worry, thought. I’ll bet we are going to see her again,” Suho said. “She needs to return Chanyeol’s clothes, after all.”

 

“Chanyeol’s clothes? Why did she need to borrow his clothes?” Jongin raised his eyebrows, confused.

 

“Yeah, Hyung, I’ve been thinking about it too. Why Hyeongsoonim borrow your clothes? What happened with her clothes?” Sehun asked.

 

Chanyeol’s face and ears turned red immediately. “K-Kyungsoo! Let’s cook! Hurry!”

 


 

Anyway. Thank you for subscribing and for the comments (: I hope you have a wonderful day!