Epilogue

Closer, Closer

 


 

A couple days later.

 

Chanyeol stood in front of Bomi’s house, waiting for the girl to open the door. He stared at his shoes and he frowned when he noticed there’s a stain on his sneakers. Chanyeol was busy trying to clean the dirt from the shoes when the door opened, but it was Seyeon instead of Bomi.

 

“Oh, hi,” Chanyeol said. “I’m here to meet Bomi, we—”

 

“Chanyeol,” Seyeon said, rolling her eyes, “You’re Bomi’s boyfriend now, of course you’re looking for her, and no, you don’t have to tell me details whenever you go out for a date.”

 

Chanyeol looked down, embarrassed, and he murmured something like, “It’s not a date…”

 

“What are you, twelve? Come on in,” Seyeon let the boy in. She waved her hand to Bomi’s room. “She’s still taking a bath, you can just wait in her room if you want.”

 

“I can?” Chanyeol asked, didn’t believe his ears. Seyeon stared at him with Are you kidding me clear on her eyes, and Chanyeol gulped. He nodded. “Right. Boyfriend. I can.”

 

Seyeon sighed and shook her head, leaving Chanyeol alone.

 

Chanyeol sat carefully on Bomi’s bed and he pushed the mattress, testing it. He nodded in satisfaction when he felt the mattress was good enough for sleep… and maybe for other activities. He looked around and his eyes lightened up when he saw his picture already made it into the cabinet, side by side with the other framed photos.

 

Suddenly ‘boyfriend’ sounded really nice.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t realize I was taking too much time in the shower,” Bomi walked in into her room, wearing a long-sleeved white sweater and a comfortable sweatpants.

 

Chanyeol’s nose picked up the scent of soap and he liked it. He made a mental note to ask what brand of soap Bomi used later. “It’s okay, I just came. And we still have some times, it’s not like Sehun is in a rush.” Sehun said he wanted to go to the salon to dye his hair, and he asked for Chanyeol and Bomi to accompany him.

 

“Then I’ll change my clothes real quick and we can go to Sehun’s place.”

 

Chanyeol nodded. “Okay.”

 

Bomi waited but Chanyeol didn’t move from his place. “Well, won’t you go out so I can change?”

 

Chanyeol pointed at his own chest and announced proudly, “I’m a boyfriend. I can stay here.”

 

His words made Bomi’s cheek tinged with pink. “What are you talking about?” she pulled Chanyeol up and pushed him out of the room. “Get out!” Bomi closed the door after he’s out of her room.

 

The boyfriend pouted at this, and he heard Seyeon’s laugh from the living room. “You said I’m her boyfriend and I can stay,” he complained at Seyeon.

 

Seyeon snickered, “Amateur. No wonder you’re still a until recently.”

 

“Hey, it was a year ago—”

 

“Oh, what’s that? That’s the only time you had ? Both of you were a little bit drunk?” Seyeon continued to . “Ck ck ck, it seems like you have to wait another year before you can get any.” Seyeon retreated to her room with an evil laugh, leaving a speechless Chanyeol.  

 

Chanyeol settled himself on the couch and he played with his phone while waiting for Bomi. When she’s ready, Chanyeol thought that Bomi was looked cuddly, wrapped in a big fluffy jacket.

 

“I’m ready, let’s go!” Bomi said, clamping her hands which covered by gloves. But then she noticed that Chanyeol didn’t wear any gloves and she took off her gloves silently.

 

Bomi looked up when Chanyeol kept quiet, only stood in front of her and stared. “What?”

 

“… Can I kiss you?” he blurted out. “Ah, just in the cheek.”

 

Again, Bomi blushed when she heard Chanyeol’s bluntness. It would be better if Chanyeol just kissed her without asking for permission first. “Of course you can,” she murmured, “You’re my boyfriend…”

 

Chanyeol grinned and he pecked Bomi’s cheek. “Yes. Boyfriend.”

 

“Amateur!” Seyeon shouted from her room. “Wait for another year, Park Chanyeol!”

 

Bomi frowned. “What was that about?”

 

“Nothing!” Chanyeol hurriedly said. He grabbed Bomi’s hand and intertwined their fingers together, pulling her out from the house.

 

Bomi secretly smiled to herself when she felt Chanyeol’s skin on her own.

 

It’s a good decision to not use the gloves.

 


 

  • If you're reading until this point, I just want to say thank you very much.
  • I know I'm still lacked a lot, so I appreciate it that you've been patient enough with me. Thank you!
  • - nicorobin