Jongdae's Wedding

Closer, Closer

The first time I fell in love was long ago

I didn’t know how to give my love at all

The Last Time - Cover by Kim Jongdae and Do Kyungsoo

 


 

Bomi stood in front of her closet’s mirror, sprucing her dress’ collar and tidying her dress. She wore the dress Chanyeol bought her for the first time. Bomi raised her arm and checked the bangles and bracelet on her wrist – wondered if she wears too much. But the dress was so simple and neat that the accessories just completed the dress in the perfect way. Lastly, Bomi carefully placed the flower headband through her hair, slipped to her ears. Now she leaned forward and checked her make-up for the last time, before pulled back in satisfaction.

 

Bomi convinced herself that she wants to look good in front of her friends, not for Kyungsoo. Well, not specially.

 

She peeked out of her window when she heard the sound of engine in front of her house. A car was parking in the front gate, and she could see her brother opened their house’s door. “Oh no,” Bomi gasped, realized her brother’s intention. Even before when she still went out with Kyungsoo, Sunggyu liked to threaten give friendly reminder about dos and don’ts to Kyungsoo. Mostly about respecting Bomi, keeping her save, stuffs like that.

 

Bomi grabbed her bag and her DSLR in a hurry, slipped into her high heels and ran down the stair, managed to yell, “Good bye Aboeji, Oemoni!” to her parents in the dining room before dashed out to the porch. But she went back in, grabbed a plastic bag in the dining table, kissed her parents’ cheeks – who offered their cheeks without saying anything, already understands their daughter’s rashness – and went out again.

 

When she came out of her house, Kyungsoo and Sunggyu turned their heads to her.

 

Oh. Bomi almost stopped in her place when she saw Kyungsoo in his suit, his fringe was gelled upwards, exposing his forehead.

 

Kyungsoo was standing with straight back and polite manner in front of Sunggyu, who was the complete opposite, looking slack and bored and intimidating – arms crossed to the chest, his weight on his left foot.

 

Sunggyu turned his head back to Kyungsoo and muttered some words. Bomi approached them in a hurry and Sunggyu’s last words were, “You get it?”

 

“Yes, Hyung,” Kyungsoo nodded obediently. 

 

“Good.”

 

Bomi glared at Sunggyu, silently protesting Sunggyu’s bullying to Kyungsoo, but her brother coolly ignored her, putting his hands in his pocket.

 

“Bomi,” Kyungsoo opened the passenger’s seat door, letting her in and closed the door behind her.

 

Bomi lowered the car’s window to say goodbye to Sunggyu, and Sunggyu leaned over. 

 

“Drive save, come back straight home after the wedding’s over, and Bomi, do you carry any weapon just in case this punk attacked you?”

 

“Aish, Oppa!” Bomi yelled. Kyungsoo stiffly buckled himself to the driver’s seat, pretended he doesn’t hear Sunggyu’s words. “Just do your work! You should be grateful Kyungsoo can drive your precious little sister and thank him!” Bomi pushed Sunggyu away. “Bye!” she hurriedly close the car’s window and turned to Kyungsoo, “Hurry, just drive!”

 

However, Kyungsoo still bowed to Sunggyu and horned before he drove off.

 

“I’m so sorry, what did Oppa say to you this time? Uh, he’s really unbelievable, just don’t take his words seriously, okay?” Bomi immediately comforted Kyungsoo.

 

“I don’t mind… Didn’t. Don’t,” Kyungsoo mumbled. He glanced at Bomi from the corner of his eyes, and suddenly pulled over.

 

“Hm? What’s the matter?” Bomi asked, confused cause they haven’t drive very far. “You forget something?”

 

Kyungsoo unbuckled himself, and leaned to Bomi. “No, you are,” he said as he pulled Bomi’s safety belt and put it on.

 

Bomi could feel her cheeks blushed. “I-I can do it myself!”

 

Kyungsoo nodded silently, but didn’t say anything, went back to driving. Bomi cleared and looked out to the window.

 

Again, Kyungsoo glanced at Bomi, and this time he said, “… you look beautiful,” with eyes fixed at the road in front of them.

 

Bomi certainly didn’t see that coming. Her cheeks warmed and she unable to looked at Kyungsoo, so she just muttered to her hands in her lap, “Thank you. … you look good yourself.” Bomi mentally slapped herself in the head, her heart beat started to pound above the normal rate.

 

They feel into the awkward silence, before Bomi remembered her plastic bag. “Hey, have you eaten? I brought some bread and snacks if you’re hungry,” Bomi showed some of her snacks. “There’s your favorite… If it’s still your favorite,” she added in uncertainty.

 

Kyungsoo turned his head, looking at the snacks Bomi showed him. He smiled. “Yes, it’s still my favorite. Thanks for remember. I also bring some food in the back seat,” he nodded his head to the back.

 

Bomi turned, and her eyes widened when she checked the food Kyungsoo bring. “Woaaa. You’re really prepared. Are we going for days trip? Are you determined to feed me until I’m swelling?”

 

This time Kyungsoo laughed. “That’s a good plan.” After a while, “Seyeon’s not coming?”

 

“No,” Bomi shook her head. “Club activities.”

 

“She’s still running?”

 

“Yep. As fast as the wind.”

 

“… and you’re still taking pictures,” Kyungsoo stated, his eyes drifted to Bomi’s DSLR.

 

“Yes…,” Bomi’s voice softened. “And you’re still singing. Better, even.”

 

“You think so?” Kyungsoo looked at Bomi curiously.  

 

Bomi looked at Kyungsoo. “… yes,” she smiled.

 

Kyungsoo’s lips curled up into a big smile. “That’s nice to hear.”

 


 

After around one and half hour of driving – Jongdae’s wedding located at the outskirt area – Bomi and Kyungsoo finally arrived. Along the way the talked and kept on talking about all the things; started with Jongdae, their friends, and the old times, continued to their families (“Sunggyu Hyung has a girlfriend?” -- “Ppfft, I think he’s bluffing.”), and small stuffs (“What’s the most difficult recipe you’ve ever cook?”), and their college life (“I read and read and read but the books that I need to read doesn’t seem to decreased.”), and unimportant things, really (“You heard about that celebrity A dating singer B?”). They even talked about EXO, even though both of them avoid mentioning Chanyeol’s name. Kyungsoo told Bomi about how he joined EXO in high school, thought, shortly after he transferred, and how Jongin was his closest friend now, and Bomi told him about Minah and they got close in the class and in the club. Basically they talked about everything, as if there was no 2 years gap between them, as if they didn’t have a big fight and avoided each other before. Maybe it’s because they were good friends for years, and dated for almost 2 years too.   

 

They got out of the car, and Bomi took a big breath, letting in the fresh air into her lungs.

 

“Woaaah! We’re really here at Jongdae’s wedding! I still can’t believe that Jongdae will be the first to marry between us,” Bomi said as they walked up to the building.

 

“True,” Kyungsoo admitted. “That kid… He always joked around, saying he wants three rich wives so he doesn’t need to work…”

 

Some classmates of them spotted Bomi and Kyungsoo, waving their hands and shouting, teasing the two for coming together. The thing about old friends – they knew and they remembered you, the most embarrassing moments and awkward era that you wanted to bury in the middle of the sea. 

 

Bomi and Kyungsoo greeted their friends, chatted up a little before they slipped to the groom’s room to congratulate Jongdae.

 

Kyungsoo knocked on the door, and after an answer of, “Come in!” Bomi poked her head to find a figure stood in front of the body-length mirror, back to the door.

 

Kim Jongdae turned around, sharp jawline and high cheekbones, looking handsome in the groom suit that couldn’t hide the nervousness from his face. But his eyes lightened up when he saw Bomi. “Baby Bom!” he exclaimed.

 

“Kim Jongdae!” Bomi shouted in happiness and walked in into the room, approaching Jongdae and reached his hand, shaking it in excitement. 

 

“Oh, what’s this? Yoon Bomi and Do Kyungsoo, the legendary couple, back together again?” he raised his eyebrows after Kyungsoo followed after Bomi into the room.

 

“Jongdae, the groom,” Kyungsoo went to shake Jongdae’s hand. “Out of all people, you’re the first to marry.”

 

Jongdae laughed and his laugh sounded so good. “Who knows, right? Well I’m planning to join the military at least next year, and I can’t risk her being taken away while I’m in the military…,” Jongdae shrugged playfully.

 

“But you said you’re going to marry me!” Bomi pouted beside Jongdae.

 

“Well, Baby Bom, if only I know the ugly duckling would turn into this lovely swan,” Jongdae took Bomi’s hand and brought it to his heart, “I’d definitely keep my promise. Oh, wait, what time it is? Look, we still have time, if you want to run away together with me.” He winked.

 

Bomi laughed but she hit Jongdae’s arm. “You called me ugly duckling?”

 

“Besides, I remembered someone,” Jongdae rolled his eyes at Kyungsoo, “would choke me with his experimental cooking whenever I tried to hit on you. And I remembered you always say, ‘I’m going to marry a singer’, and when I pointed out that I’m a fabulous singer you would add, ‘A singer that can cook’. So, you dump me, not the other way around,” Jongdae pinched Bomi’s cheek. “Come on now, tell me, are you two…?”

 

Kyungsoo smiled but shook his head. “No, we’re just here to congratulate our best friend, Kim Jongdae, for his wedding. Congratulation, I wish you happiness,” Kyungsoo hugged Jongdae and pat his back.

 

“Aww… thank you, but I prefer Baby Bom’s hug,” Jongdae quickly released himself for Kyungsoo.

 

The three of them laughed, and Bomi too hugged Jongdae. “Kim Jongdae, now who’s going to sing for me whenever I’m sad?” Bomi whined to Jongdae’s shoulder.

 

“That kid there will,” Jongdae said, smiled softly while he hugged Bomi to comfort her. Bomi was voted as the maknae of their group, mainly because of her cute and playful manner; it’s not only Seyeon who pampered her.  

 

“But, who’s going to tell me jokes? And listen to my complains? And stayed awake just to hear my stories? And buy me ice creams? And bully Kyungsoo when he’s bad to me?”

 

“Whoa, I spoiled you a lot, didn’t I?” Jongdae chuckled. “Don’t worry, Baby Bom. Nothing’s going to change. We’ll be friends forever, and I’ll come to your wedding, and you’ll come to see my kids, and we’ll hang out together when we turn to grandparents, okay? No we better let go before my bride come in with a knife and start a massacre after seeing us like this.”

 

Bomi laughed, letting go of Jongdae as she wiped a little tears formed in her eyes. “You’re the best, you know that?”

 

Jongdae grinned. “I know.”

 


 

The ceremony was just over, and now they walked to the dining area. Kyungsoo offered Bomi his handkerchief when he noticed Bomi sniffing.

 

“You really like Jongdae,” Kyungsoo smiled.

 

“Yes, Jongdae’s the best, after Seyeon-ah. And weddings are touching,” Bomi wiped her tears with Kyungsoo’s handkerchief. “But I always thought you feed Jongdae cause you like him the most.”

 

Kyungsoo coughed. “Ugh, well, among other things,” Kyungsoo averted his gaze from Bomi.

 

They sat side by side, and when the MC asked if there’s anyone who wants to say anything to the newlywed, unexpectedly Kyungsoo raised his hand. Bomi looked at him confused, but Kyungsoo walked to the MC and took the microphone from him.

 

“Ahem,” Kyungsoo cleared his throat and checked the microphone. “Well, hello, my name is Do Kyungsoo, I’m the groom’s best friend from junior high. When I get to know Jongdae more, I can confidently say that Jongdae is the most mischievous kid I’ve ever known. You can always find him with a smile on his face, and he never let anyone around him to feel down. I’m forever thankful for having Kim Jongdae in my life, and I’m so grateful that today he’s got the happiness he’s deserved.” Kyungsoo stopped, and the audience clapped. “But one fascinating thing about Jongdae is, he has the most incredible voice ever. There was once time when the both of us sang in the school’s festival, and today I’d like to sing that song again, dedicated to the bride, together with the groom.” Kyungsoo stepped back and took the microphone with him, invited Jongdae to join with his head’s movement.

 

The audience clapped even louder, encouraging Jongdae to join Kyungsoo, while Jongdae only laughed and shook his head in disbelief, mouthing What? No no no no! but in the end he stood up and came to Kyungsoo – after his wife pushed him to.

 

“We don’t practice at all!” Jongdae said to Kyungsoo, still laughing.

 

“Just do it like the old time. It’s not like you need to practice, after all,” Kyungsoo nudged Jongdae’s arm with his own.

 

Jongdae chuckled as he took the other microphone. “The Last Time?”

 

Kyungsoo nodded. “The Last Time.”

 


 

Bomi went back to her seat after taking a couple shots of Kyungsoo and Jongdae. This time she preferred to listen and enjoy the performance – it’s been a while since she heard Jongdae’s singing, and the combination of the Kyungsoo and Jondae was beyond words. She remembered being mesmerized every time Kyungsoo and Jongdae sang back then.

 

And clearly now she was mesmerized too, cause she didn’t realize someone took the seat beside her until that person touched her arms slightly to take her attention.

 

“Bomi.”

 

Bomi jumped a little, and she turned her head. A guy with dark hair, V-shaped jaw, and soft smile on his lips was staring at her. “Oh, Jonghwan,” Bomi smiled back.

 

Jo Jonghwan was also one of her good friend back in junior high. They were in a big group, even though he’s not in the smaller, closer group of Bomi’s friends which including Seyeon, Kyungsoo, and Jongdae. He’s the quiet and calm type, he was always kind and nice to Bomi, and he was there when she broke up with Kyungsoo. When they graduated from high school and Jonghwan heard she would go to the college in the city, he confessed to her, but she rejected him. Bomi could only think of him as a friend. Even after that, they remained friends, and Jonghwan still the nice, kind Jonghwan to Bomi.

 

“How are you?” Jonghwan asked.

 

“Good. You?”

 

Jonghwan shrugged. “It’s the same, the store’s going okay,” Jonghwan was not attending college, he helped out his family store. Jonghwan’s eyes trailed to Kyungsoo who’s singing.

 

And I didn’t need to ask or even wonder why

Because each questions is answered when you near

 

“So you come together with Kyungsoo?” Jonghwan asked, still smiling softly.

 

Bomi nodded, slowly. She knew what’s in Jonghwan’s mind. 

 

“I see,” Jonghwan nodded his head too. Then he smiled, looked a little bitter now. “Bomi. Please be honest with me. Just this once? I promise I won’t talk about this ever again…”

 

Jonghwan stared at her dead in the eyes. “… Is Kyungsoo… the reason why you rejected me?”

 

Bomi smiled weakly, didn’t answer that question, letting the music, Jongdae’s voice, and Kyungsoo’s voice filled the emptiness between them.

 

As far as I can see, it’s only you and only me

This is the last time I’ll fall in love

 


 

The last time I’ll fall in love…

 

The audience clapped as Jongdae and Kyungsoo bowed after their mini performance. Jongdae hugged Kyungsoo, whispered, “Thank you,” and pat his back. Suddenly Jongdae noticed Bomi and Jonghwan, and he added to Kyungsoo’s ear, “Well, looks who’s getting cozy with our Baby Bom?”

 

Kyungsoo frowned and looked away, finding Bomi and Jonghwan staring into each other in their seats, seemingly have forgotten the world around them. He frowned deeper.

 

“You do know that Jonghwan confessed to Bomi, right?” Jongdae grinned. He looked at Kyungsoo’s shocked expression. “What? You don’t know? He confessed to her at our graduation party. I’ve always told you Jonghwan have feeling for Bomi, didn’t I? You didn’t believe it back then.”

 

Kyungsoo rubbed his neck, “But I was dating Bomi then…,” he muttered.

 

“Yeah, and he stepped in only after you two broke up. Good guy Jonghwan. Anyway,” Jongdae tap Kyungsoo’s shoulder, “I appreciate it if you don’t fight in my wedding party, okay?” he winked and left Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo saw Jonghwan shook his head to Bomi who seemed sending him tons of apologized, and Jonghwan leaned back to his seat, smiling bitterly. Carefully Kyungsoo approached them, and Jonghwan’s the first to notice him.

 

“Kyungsoo,” Jonghwan stood up, still smiling, offered his hand to shake Kyungsoo’s hand. “Long time no see.”

 

“Jonghwan,” Kyungsoo took Jonghwan’s hand, and he dislike the fact that Jonghwan’s taller and much bigger than him; his suit couldn’t hide his built arms.

 

“Well, I don’t want to disturb you two. See you around, Bomi,” he nodded to Bomi before walked away, leaving Kyungsoo and Bomi together again. Kyungsoo sat in his seat, the one preoccupied with Jonghwan before.

 

“What does he want?” Kyungsoo asked Bomi, almost in a demanded tone.

 

“… Nothing?” Bomi answered, taking pictures aimlessly at the bride’s friend that now giving speech about the bride.

 

Kyungsoo clearly not satisfied with the answer. “I heard he confessed to you.”

 

Bomi turned away so fast, startled. “Who told you—? Jongdae,” she answered herself, pouting, feeling betrayed by Jongdae spilling stories to Kyungsoo.

 

“Well?”

 

“… well,” Bomi mimicked Kyungsoo, “Yes, he confessed. But nothing happened. Why so curious?”

 

“… nothing.”

 


 

It’s dancing time now, and Bomi was slow-dancing with Jongdae.

 

Jongdae whistled, “Look who’s popular. I’m receiving death glares from two guys just by dancing with you,” he chuckled.

 

Bomi hit his shoulder. “You told Kyungsoo about Jonghwan, didn’t you? Traitor.”

 

“What? I just gave Kyungsoo a friendly reminder that his ex-girlfriend is popular, and he better get his act together if he wants you back. That’s why you’re coming together, right?”

 

Bomi shook her head. “It’s not like that. And I don’t think we’re going back together… Things happened, and actually, we had a big fight when we met before.”

 

“Really?” Jongdae’s eyebrows rose. “I can’t tell, you two look good as always.” His eyes shifted to Kyungsoo, who indeed, staring at the two dancing. “But Seyeon did warn me about Kyungsoo. She told me to keeping you away from Kyungsoo, but sorry, Seyeon-ah, I’m secretly Team Kyungsoo,” he grinned at Bomi. “Unless… there’s a new guy that I need to root on?”

 

Bomi stuck out her tongue. “… I’m not telling you, you traitor!”

 

 


 

Kyungsoo was deep in his thought – unconsciously following Bomi’s movement dancing with Jongdae – when his phone vibrated. He took out his phone and checked it. A text message from Chanyeol.

 

From: Park Chanyeol

Kyung~ I heard you’re with Bomi? Can you please please please please pleaseeeeee send me her photo right now?

 

Kyungsoo flinched.

 

To: Park Chanyeol

Why?

 

From: Park Chanyeol

Cause you’re the greatest man walking on earth ever. Just please please please please pleaseeeeeee?

 

Kyungsoo shut his eyes. When he opened his eyes, he let out a sigh. Bomi was walking towards him, done dancing with Jongdae.

 

“Hey,” he called. “Hold still.”

 

“Hm?” Bomi stopped, staring at him.

 

Kyungsoo raised his phone and took a picture of Bomi.

 

“Huh? What are you doing?” Bomi asked curiously, seat beside him.

 

“Chanyeol asked for your photo,” Kyungsoo answered, his tone flat and casual, facing his phone while sending Bomi’s photo to Chanyeol.

 

“W-what?” it’s the first time Chanyeol’s name mentioned between them, but Bomi’s too distracted to think about it. “That’s cheating!” she hurriedly take her phone out from her bag, typing message to Chanyeol.

 

Kyungsoo noticed this. “… you two… texting each other?”

 

Bomi stopped typing. “Ehm… yes,” she replied carefully.

 

“Oh.” Kyungsoo slowly nodded his head, putting his phone back to his pocket, something’s heavy fell down to his stomach.

 


 

Chanyeol rolled on his carpet in his room, his phone held tight in his hand. He didn’t have enough space to rolling around in his living room, stopped by the couches, but still he just idling there, making love to the carpet and the floor.

 

Baekhyun, sat cross-legged in the carpet, was tapping his pencil to the table impatiently. “Ya! Park Chanyeol! Are we going to do this or what?!” he snapped. 

 

Chanyeol’s living room’s table was in mess. Papers above opened textbooks, calculators, various shapes of rulers, Chanyeol’s and Baekhyun’s laptop, cans of soft drinks, and a lot of snacks were scattered above the table and also in the carpet. The two of them were together in the summer’s assignment, and decided to work on it as soon as the summer break started – who did assignment in the beginning of the summer break? Engineering students, apparently. It’s because they had a lot of things to do, and Chanyeol was planning to go home to his hometown, and they also wanted to play with their friends and there’s EXO’s practices and performances…

 

They’ve been working on the assignments for a couple hours now, and Baekhyun could see that Chanyeol’s already bored and distracted; judging by the way he glanced and pouted at his phone, and now Chanyeol’s gave up on the assignments.

 

Suddenly Chanyeol’s phone beeped, sign that there’s a message received, and Chanyeol stuck out his head, opened the message in a light speed. A moment later he grinned ear-to-ear, and started to giggle happily.

 

“What?” Baekhyun asked, curious and irritated by Chanyeol’s laugh. “WHAT?” he asked again when Chanyeol didn’t answer, still staring at his phone happily. Baekhyun moved to Chanyeol’s side, sullen, and grabbed Chanyeol’s phone forcefully. “Give me that!”

 

“Argh! Baek!” Chanyeol tried to stop him, but Baekhyun pinned him to the floor.

 

“Hm? Bomi-ah?” Baekhyun mumbled when he recognized the girl in the photo in Chanyeol’s phone. “You ert… You giggled to her photos? Tsk tsk… Kyungsoo sent you this?” he asked when he read the sender’s name.

 

“I asked him to,” Chanyeol released himself from Baekhyun, taking his phone back as he sat up. “Bomi said she wears the dress I bought her, and I want to see it but Bomi didn’t want to send me her photo, so I asked Kyungsoo.”

 

“Hmmm...,” Baekhyun digested this information, saying nothing and his lips.

 

Chanyeol’s phone beeped once more, and Baekhyun leaned over to peek.

 

From: Chibi

Yah! Asking Kyungsoo is cheating! >__<

 

Chanyeol laughed by himself reading Bomi’s message. He’s in his own world, typing back to Bomi, ignorant of Baekhyun’s stare at him.

 

“… you really like her, don’t you?” Baekhyun smirked.

 

“Hm?” Chanyeol looked up from his phone, looking dumbfounded. “What?”

 

“You like Bomi-ah!” Baekhyun shouted.

 

“W-what? I-I don’t!”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “You clearly like her, why did you even try to deny it? Hey, I know! Why don’t you ask her for a date to the beach?”

 

Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun for a couple seconds, blinking his big eyes. The he shouted, “Oh! That’s good idea! We can play together, all EXO and Bomi and she can ask Seyeon-ssi and Minah-ssi—“

 

Baekhyun face-palmed himself. “NOT WE! YOU! BOMI-AH! Just the two of you!” he screamed in frustration to Chanyeol’s face.

 

“W-WHAT? W-why?” Chanyeol back to stutter. “B-but… But it’ll be more fun if there are a lot of people… No?” he asked for agreement from Baekhyun. Baekhyun clawed his own cheeks as the response. “And I want to play with you… and Suho Hyung, and Kyungsoo, and Jongin, and Sehun-ah…,” Chanyeol continued, sounded like a whiny little kid, “… besides… I won’t know what to do or say if there’s only us…,” Chanyeol added in mutter.

 

“Hmm. That’s true…,” Baekhyun rubbed his chin. “But didn’t you go with her, when you bought her dress? I thought it was okay? And when you ride the bus with her? … WAIT. Are you being serious?! PARK CHANYEOL. You already put your p—”

 

“Aaaaagh!!!” Chanyeol yelled, covering his ears.

 

“—into her v—”

 

“Doooon’t!” Chanyeol pushed his ears harder to block Baekhyun’s voice.  

 

“—and you don’t know what to do or say around her?! That’s easy, just shoved your p—”

 

“Ya ya ya!” Chanyeol clamped his hand to Baekhyun’s mouth. “Watch your language, Byunbaek! Aish, you can only think about dirty things!”

 

Baekhyun moved Chanyeol’s mouth away. “That’s because you’re helpless! Fine, I’ll help you this time, all of us will go to the beach, but you have to make progress, you get it?!”

 


 

Kyungsoo pulled the hand brake, parking the car in front of Bomi’s house. They already arrived, and now Kyungsoo turned to sleeping Bomi in the passenger’s seat.

 

Kyungsoo found himself scrutinizing Bomi’s features once again. She’s gotten prettier, he had to admit, but Kyungsoo didn’t fall for her because of her beauty. It’s because Bomi was the nicest, funniest, dorkiest, the most kind-hearted girl he ever known. And she still was.

 

Now he sighed. He knew he could just let it go, they were already talking normally, they could just move on with their lives, avoiding certain topics forever. But Kyungsoo got a hunch about Chanyeol and Bomi, and if he wanted to feel guilty-free, he knew they have to talk about it.

 

“… Bbom,” Kyungsoo called softly, shook Bomi’s arm lightly to wake her up. “Bbom, we’re here. Wake up.”

 

“… ung?” Bomi stirred, and slowly opened her eyes. She rubbed her eyes abruptly. “Oh… you’re right… I’m sorry I fall asleep… Should have co-piloting you…,” Bomi mumbled drowsily, gathering her stuff. “Uh… so…” She was hesitating to say goodbye.

 

“… Bbom, listen… I— ,” Kyungsoo stopped. He gathered his courage and looked up to Bomi. “… Do you want to meet up, tomorrow? Go around town… Just like… what we used to do…”

 

Bomi stared at Kyungsoo, taken back at the invitation. She saw Kyungsoo fidgeting a little in his seat, his hands squeezing each other, waiting for her answer.

 

“… yes. Yes. It would be nice…,” finally Bomi answered. Kyungsoo definitely sighed out of relief. “… Just like the old times…”

 


 

About the cameos:

Sunggyu. I was contemplating between B2ST’s Doojoon (cause his surname is Yoon too, as well as Bomi) but in the end I chose Sunggyu cause Infinite is my bias and I want to squeeze a member to this story, besides Sunggyu looks more annoying haha. Minseok/Xiumin – because he’s so squishy and I like him and he’s talented but he doesn’t get enough attention… Jongdae/Chen! I love this guy. I think he doesn’t get enough light, same as Xiumin, but I think he’s good at variety, so here’s me praying for the boy. It’s hard to find fanfic with Xiumin/Chen as the main character… Jonghwan. For anyone who doesn’t know, he’s from 100%, and he’s handsome he sings he dances he plays guitar and he has abs! :”>

 

This is a pointless chapter, inspired only by the video of Jongdae and Kyungsoo singing. Another Kyungmi chapter with a little of Baekyeol. I hope people won’t hate on Kyungsoo in this story… And yaay, someone’s upvoted this story (is there any way I can find out who is it?), thank you so much! :D Comments are very much appreciated too; it’s nice to know that people actually read this story T___T Thank you!