Way Back Into Love

Closer, Closer

We’re still the same
Your smile that look at me is the same
More than any lie in this world
Saying that I completely forgot you is the worst

Not Over You – NU’EST

 


    

To: Baby Bom, Kid Kyung, Super Seyeon

Guess who’s in town!!! And I’m bringing the choding with me~

 


 

“Sungyeol-ah!” Seyeon practically running to the tall, lanky guy with tanned skin, who shouted back her name while opening his arms to hug Seyeon. Seyeon jumped to his embrace, and the guy lifted her up, swinging her around. “You are so dark! It’s kind of y this way!” Seyeon said when the guy put her down.

 

“I know, right?!” Lee Sungyeol said with a big grin on his face.

 

“Sungyeol-ah, how are you? Where have you been, that you become this dark?” Bomi also hugged her best friend that she didn’t see for at least half a year. Sungyeol took her into bone-crushing hug even though he didn’t swing her around like what he did to Seyeon.

 

“I’ll tell you my adventure later,” Sungyeol giggled. Then his eyes darted to the last person. “Look who’s here! Kyungie!”

 

“Hi, Sungyeol, I really don’t want—” Kyungsoo took a step back but it’s too late, Sungyeol already swoop him into his embrace and lifted the smaller boy in his waist.

 

“Long time no see, Kyungsoo! You’re still as squishy as ever!” Sungyeol exclaimed excitedly.

 

“Okay, now, put me down,” Kyungsoo begged to his friend, embarrassed that the people around watching them with judging stare.

 

“Hey, I’m here too, you know! Especially you, Seyeon-ah, you missed my wedding, I think I’m the one who deserved a big hug, and you even need to kneel down and apologize to me,” Jongdae clucked, hands on hips.

 

“I’m sorry, Jongdae, I promise I’ll come to your next wedding,” Seyeon said playfully, giving Jongdae a quick hug.

 

“That’s the spirit!” Jongdae laughed and Bomi slapped his arm for his joke with Seyeon.

 

“What about your wife, Jongdae?” Bomi asked. “She’s okay with you leaving her alone?”

 

“I bet she’s partying hard right now, finally free from her husband,” Sungyeol snickered and Jongdae kicked his shin.

 

“She’s cool,” Jongdae grinned, answering Bomi.

 

“Why don’t you tell us beforehand that you’ll coming over? What if we’re busy?” after all the greetings Kyungsoo led them to his father’s car in the station’s parking lot.

 

“Ppfft, please, the mighty Jongdae even spare his precious time for you, the least you can do is to be not busy,” Jongdae waved him off.

 

The truth was the trio just get Jongdae’s message this morning, telling them that he and Sungyeol was in the city. Seyeon called Kyungsoo and the latter managed to borrow his father’s car to pick up Bomi and Seyeon before they went and pick up Jongdae and Sungyeol in the station. The duo wasn’t bothered at all that they needed to wait longer for the pick-up, they were just waiting in a restaurant in the station.

 

“How long will you guys stay? And where will you stay?” Kyungsoo asked, strapping the seatbelt on himself; Bomi on the passenger’s seat while Jongdae, Sungyeol, and Seyeon in the back seat.

 

“Actually just for the weekend, and what are you talking about? We’re staying at their place,” Sungyeol nodded towards Bomi and Seyeon. “And you too.”

 

Kyungsoo, Bomi, and Seyeon asked in unison, “What?”

 

“By the way, I don’t like this arrangement,” Jongdae ignored the confused look his friends gave him, his index finger pointing out at Kyungsoo and Bomi then to Seyeon and Sungyeol. “Can we pick up my partner please? It’s just, what, two hours from here, right? Less?”

 

Kyungsoo turned his head in disbelief. “We’re going to Eunji’s? Like, right now? Does she know that you’re coming?”

 

Jongdae waved his hand. “Of course not. What’s the element of surprise if she knows about this?”

 

“Wait a minute,” Kyungsoo decided it’s the right time to pull over and have a proper conversation with his friends. “Can you explain it all again? Why are you here?”

 

Sungyeol leaned over and pat Kyungsoo’s cheek. “Aah, our Kyungie, you look so cute when you’re confused.”

 

“Stop that,” Kyungsoo moved his face away. “Explain it. Now.”

 

Bomi and Seyeon exchanged look, it felt like junior high all over again, where Jongdae and Sungyeol would tag-team to annoy Kyungsoo.

 

“Well this guy here just arrived home yesterday,” Jongdae slung his arm on Sungyeol’s neck. “And I told him that you and Bomi are back together—”

 

“Hold on, we’re not—”

 

Jongdae held up his finger to make Kyungsoo stop talking, “—and of course he’s so excited about the legendary couple back in the game—”

 

“But we’re not—”

 

Jongdae held up his finger to make Bomi stop talking, “—and being the great friend I am, we decided it’s the most logical thing for us to come to you guys since the three of you are in the same city and Sungyeol misses his life and death so dearly—”

 

“Me?” Seyeon pointed herself, amused.

 

“Of course it’s you, my lovely—”

 

Jongdae put his hand on Sungyeol’s mouth to make him stop talking, “—so here we are! I know that Bomi and Seyeon live together in a house, so it shouldn’t be a problem if we stay there, right? And we’re already here, of course you’ll join us, Kyungsoo-yah. But I don’t want to be left out alone, so, now, can we go and pick up Eunji? I have her address here with me…”

 

Kyungsoo rested his temple in the steering wheel and bang it there several times. It was always a bad idea to pair up Jongdae and Sungyeol. Both of them were spontaneous and crazy enough to do everything by impulse. Between the three, Kyungsoo was their brake, their fence. And they enjoyed pushing his buttons.

                                                                                     

“I hate you, why am I friends with you…,” Kyungsoo mumbled out loud.

 

“Now, Kyungsoo, that’s not a nice word to say, we know how deep your feeling for us is and I know you’re embarrassed to say it out loud, but hate is a strong word,” Sungyeol shook his head in disapproval.

 

Kyungsoo shot him a look and Sungyeol just laughed. “I hate you,” Kyungsoo repeated, adjusting the gear and started the engine. It’s going to be a long day.

 


 

Somehow, now, the group of five was in front of a flat in the neighbor city, waiting for the door to open after they pressed the bell. Kyungsoo still couldn’t believe he was just complying his best friends’ sudden request, driving for 3 hours (Jongdae just shrugged nonchalantly when Kyungsoo pointed out, grumpily, that it was more than 2 hours) to get the last member of their group. Their larger group consisted of around 15 people, but the six of them were closer.

 

Kyungsoo had his irritated face on, and Bomi nudged him, telling him to smile. “Come on, it’s been a long time since all of us can come together like this,” she smiled.

 

And he had to agree, ever since he broke up with Bomi and then moved to the city, they hadn’t had time together, all six of them.

 

Sungyeol was the one who stood in front of the door, waiting eagerly with a huge grin plastered on his face. After graduation he decided to travel around the world and he finally went back home yesterday, getting back together with his best friends made him excited.

 

They heard rustling sound from inside the door and after sound of footsteps that coming closer, the door opened.

 

“EUN—” Sungyeol’s cheer stopped abruptly when they saw the one who opened the door was not their friend.

 

“Yeah?” A young man was standing in the door, his brown hair, which had blonde highlight on the fringe, was disheveled, he slightly bit his lower lips which was plump like Kyungsoo’s, and basically he’s a good looking guy, but the thing that made Seyeon and Bomi couldn’t stop staring were his bare chest, showing his perfect chiseled abs despite his baby-face. “Can I help you?”

 

Kyungsoo tugged Bomi’s shirt and the girl quickly looked away, while Sungyeol had to covered Seyeon’s eyes to make her stop looking – the two boys pushed Jongdae to the front because he’s the one who direct them to this place.

 

“Um,” Jongdae raised his eyebrows, trying to avert his gaze from the intimidating abs to his opponent’s eyes, “We’re looking for Eun- Um, I mean, Jung Hyerim?”

 

“Oh,” the guy’s expression changed. “Wait a minute.”

 

“Who is it, Honey?” they could hear a voice calling out from inside the flat. Before anyone could answer, a girl showed up in the doorway, long hair with thick bang, wearing super short shorts that barely visible under over-sized T-shirt – looks like it belonged to the young man. Her eyes locked with her friends.

 

“EUNJI!” the group shouted in unison. 

 

“CLOSE THE DOOR!” was the reply, and suddenly Eunji leap over and slammed the door in front of Jongdae’s face.

 

“What the f—!” Kyungsoo pushed his hand in Jongdae’s mouth before the boy could curse out loud.

 

Some loud bang and more noises were heard from the other side of the door, and after a moment of dead silence, the door was opened again without a warning, showing Eunji with her own shirt and comfortable pants, flashing her gum smile.

 

“Oh my God, look who’s here! My friends!” she cried and processed to hug them all.

 

“Save it, Jung, who’s the hottie?” Seyeon pushed Eunji away.

 

“What’s his name? What does he do for living?” Sungyeol knuckled up and stretched his neck.

 

“You live with your boyfriend, Eunji-yah?” Bomi asked excitedly.

 

“Are you the same Eunji who said kissing is gross? Tsk tsk, you’re all grown up aren’t you…,” Jongdae wriggled his eyebrows meaningfully.

 

Eunji stared at Kyungsoo, asking for help.

 

“You do realize that we all already saw him? Half-, too,” Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows.

 

Eunji burrowed her face to her hands and groaned. “This is why I don’t tell any of you… Besides, I’m the one who should asking question! How come you all suddenly show up here— … Lee Sungyeol?! You’re back!”

 

Sungyeol just grinned when Eunji hugged him. “Took you long enough! Now, hurry up and get ready, we’re going to sleep over at Bomi’s and Seyeon’s place!”

 

“We… What?!”

 


 

They went back to the road after successfully kidnapped Jung Eunji – “Who asked for a Jung Hyerim just now?! I told you I like Jung Eunji better!” Eunji always insisted to be called Eunji instead of her real name – but this time Sungyeol was driving while Seyeon on the passenger’s seat, the other four cramped up in the back seat with the formation is Kyungsoo and Jongdae near the door and Bomi and Eunji in the middle.

 

“Why you don’t call me before?” Eunji still a little bit upset over the fact they found her with her supposedly secret boyfriend, and they even dragged her away with them.

 

“It’s their fault, okay,” Seyeon pointed out at Sungyeol and Jongdae, “We have nothing to do with this. They just texted us this morning.”

 

“Actually, Eunji-yah, we’re coming to you was unplanned too. But turns out it irritates me seeing them together while I’m all alone, so, here we are!” Jongdae explained.

 

Somehow, when they all together, they always fell into a certain set up; Bomi with Kyungsoo, Sungyeol with Seyeon, and Jongdae with Eunji. Bomi and Kyungsoo for an obvious reason, they were best friend before they dated, Sungyeol used to have this huge, not so secret crush to Seyeon and strangely Seyeon wasn’t bothered by the fact, and finally, if there’s anyone that could leveled up with Jongdae, that would be Eunji.

 

“Oh, so the original plan was to leaving me behind?” Eunji smacked Jongdae’s arm.

 

“Yah!” Jongdae glared at her and she glared back.

 

“So where are we going?” Bomi asked, excitement was obvious in her eyes when she leaned over to ask Sungyeol the driver.

 

“I don’t know?” Sungyeol pushed down his shade a little to glance at Bomi. “Any idea?”

 

“You take me away from my wonderful weekend with my boyfriend and you don’t have any idea what to do?!” Eunji shouted loudly. “Woaah… I can’t believe you guys… Turn around right now!”

 

“Hahaha, you are so adorable,” Jongdae pinched Eunji’s cheek purposely hard to annoy her. Eunji tried to bite his hand away.

 

“Since it’s still too early for lunch…,” Kyungsoo browsed the internet through his phone. “Eunji, do you this amusement park? It stated here that it’s not very far away, so we won’t need to detour very far,” Kyungsoo gave his phone to Eunji.

 

“Oh, you’re right, Kyungsoo-yah!” Eunji pouting face instantly replaced with a big grin. “I’ve been there once, it’s not a very big park but it’s quite fun! Should we go there?” She looked around, looking for agreement from her friends.

 

Sungyeol checked the rear-view mirror to see everyone nodded along. “Alright! Show me the way!”

 


 

“Ugh. Crowd,” Seyeon’s face clearly showed her disdain towards the amount of people in the amusement park. It’s Saturday, after all.

 

“Now, people, hold hands so you don’t get lost,” Sungyeol as their team leader grabbed Seyeon’s hand and secured it in his arm, grinning at Seyeon as he spoke. Seyeon just chuckled and let him be. If Sungyeol’s crush to Seyeon was no secret, then Seyeon’s soft spot for him was also not a secret.

 

“Yah, you just want an excuse to hold Seyeon’s hand,” Eunji said behind them. “There’s no way I’m holding hand with a married man.”

 

“Who says you have to hold hands with me? You can hold Kyungsoo’s hand, I’d rather have Bomi’s smooth hand than yours,” Jongdae replied, but the two were walking together.

 

Kyungsoo glanced back at Bomi. He nodded his head at their friends, “Come on,” before walking ahead of her.

 

Bomi walked behind Kyungsoo, and she looked down at Kyungsoo’s swinging hand that used to guide her everywhere. She wondered…

 

She didn’t think about it too much, she just linked her fingers to Kyungsoo’s, barely holding hands – just few fingers. Bomi looked up and waited for Kyungso’s reaction, but Kyungsoo didn’t look back, he didn’t say anything but he also didn’t let go of her hand, if anything, he even tightening it a little.

 

Bomi tried hard to hide her smile.

 

And if their friends noticed it, no one said anything.

 

“Let’s play that!” Sungyeol shouted excitedly while pointing at the roller-coaster in the far back of the park. “And that! That! That!” he pointed to different directions at various rides, all extreme rides.

 

“Yes! Let’s!” Eunji and Bomi were the most enthusiast at Sungyeol’s idea, jumping at their places.

 

Seyeon groaned loudly. “You know I hate those kinds of rides… I’ll just wait for you guys with Jongdae.”

 

“Hey! What makes you think I don’t want to play too?”

 

Seyeon spared a glance at Jongdae and then scoffed. “Please, Jongdae, we know you, alright.”

 

“I’m married. I’m a different man now,” Jongdae tried to buff his chest. He nodded with a determination, “I will ride that.”

 

“It’s decided! And you should play with us too, Seyeon!” Eunji linked her arm with Seyeon’s so that the girl trapped between Eunji and Sungyeol, who dragged her to the roller-coaster happily, ignoring Seyeon’s strings of protest.

 

Bomi tugged Kyungsoo’s hand. “You also want to play?” she raised her eyebrows.

 

Kyungsoo could ride it, but he couldn’t say he’s a fan. “Yeah… why not.” He eyed the roller-coaster carefully as they walked closer to the ride. There are two 360 degree spin and it looked quite high too. “Jongin loves that kind of ride,” he mumbled unknowingly.

 

How about Chanyeol was slipped in Bomi’s mind.

 

Even though the amusement park was crowded, but most of them are families with young kids, so the roller-coaster wasn’t very popular. They queued for around twenty minutes before finally able to ride. Sungyeol dragged Jongdae who had a change of mind in the last minute to the front seats with him and Eunji.

 

“You know what, Sungyeol,” Jongdae said, his face was pale, “Being married and this evil thing has no connection whatsoever. I change my mind.”

 

“Too late!” Sungyeol pushed him down to the seat, chirping too happily at his friend’s misery.

 

“I told you we should just wait!” Seyeon added some curses under her breath, sitting behind the two with Bomi and Kyungsoo.

 

Bomi giggled, and Kyungsoo looked at her. “You enjoy this, aren’t you?” Bomi just nodded, her face beamed with happiness.

 

Kyungsoo sighed and leaned back, accepting his fate when the safety belts were attached.

 

When the train climbed up to the peak, all that could be heard were Jongdae’s prayers, Seyeon’s curses, and Sungyeol’s, Eunji’s, and Bomi’s cheers. Kyungsoo just shut his mouth and even his eyes, holding his safety belt tight.

 

He opened his eyes when he felt Bomi’s hand trying to break his grip. He tried to turn at her, and Bomi grinned, taking his hand into her.

 

Her smile was so bright and for a moment Kyungsoo remembered he thought her smile could light up the whole town, and his mouth went dry and he wanted to tell her this now when he had the chance, so he tried to open his mouth and overcome his choke on his own saliva, “Bom— … HWAAAA!!!” but the rest of his words were drown in the moment the train fell free.

 


 

“That was fun! Again?!” Sungyeol asked hopefully, clapping his hands with Eunji’s as the two spazzing over the ride.

 

Jongdae was bending down, one hand on his knee while the other on his chest. “… what… is… air…,” he mumbled while trying to breathe and calmed his heartbeat at the same time, face even paler from before he rode the roller-coaster.

 

Seyeon squatted down, burying her face in her arms while Bomi her back in sympathy – but she grinned widely when she looked up at Sungyeol and Eunji.

 

Kyungsoo just kept quiet and watched from the side, still affected by the ride.

 

“This is your fault!” Seyeon barked at Jongdae when she finally regained her life back.

 

“That was the second biggest mistake I’ve ever made,” Jongdae said, breathing slowly.

 

“What’s the first?” Bomi tilted her head, curious.

 

“Befriending these two evils!”

 

Sungyeol and Eunji laughed, high-fiving each other.

 

“I need to sit down,” Seyeon said. “I don’t feel good.”

 

“I come with you,” Jongdae quickly said.

 

“But I still want to play,” Eunji whined.

 

“Me toooooo,” Sungyeol joined her.

 

Kyungsoo and Bomi looked at each other.

 

“You want to play, right? Just go, I’ll be fine with Jongdae,” Seyeon shooed her away when Bomi looked at her, asking for permission.

 

“Hehe, sorry, Seyeon-ah!” she jumped to the play group with Sungyeol and Eunji. The three linked arms childishly.

 

“What about you, Kyungsoo-yah?”  Sungyeol asked.

 

Kyungsoo looked at the play group – the three were er for adrenaline-pumping rides, and it’s close to suicide if Kyungsoo decided to join them, but then he looked at the rest group and the combination of Seyeon and Jongdae, having him cornered without a place to run, Kyungsoo could see the upcoming interrogation and speech and possibly some attempt to force him to talk his mind out.

 

He glanced at Bomi, and from her stare, he knew she hoped he would join her.

 

Kyungsoo sighed. “I’ll go with you guys,” he said, and the three maniacs cheered.  

 

Soon enough Kyungsoo was dragged around the amusement park by the three maniacs; Bomi said they shouldn’t make Seyeon and Jongdae waited too long and she had a point but Eunji wanted to try this ride while Sungyeol wanted to try the other. They ended up play two rides before went back to Seyeon and Jongdae.

 

“What took you guys so long?” Seyeon asked, empty plates and glasses were in the table. The two was sharing a plate of French fries now.

 

 “Aaaah I’m so hungry!” Sungyeol plumped down at the seat next to Seyeon. He rested his head at Seyeon’s shoulder and the girl fed him the French fries. “Jung Eunji! Buy the A menu for me, hurry!” he waved his hand towards Eunji.

 

“What do you want, Bomi?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“Umm… The B menu?”

 

“Okay, I’ll get it for you.”

 

“Waaah… So jealous… You look at that? You should be the one who buy it for me!” Eunji kicked Sungyeol’s leg before she went to follow Kyungsoo.

 

They went back carrying two trays, and Jongdae stood up to help Eunji. Eunji glared at Sungyeol who only chuckled and stuck out his tongue. When Kyungsoo put down his tray, Bomi served the plates and the drinks; she also opened the straw’s wrapper and popped it down to Kyungsoo’s drink.

 

“Let’s play go-kart after this!” Jongdae suggested.

 

The four ate their lunch while Jongdae and Seyeon chatted. Kyungsoo was the first one to finish, and he looked around the table and even other tables, but he didn’t find what he’s looking for. Suddenly Bomi offered a pack of tissue to him with a smile.

 

“Oh, thanks,” Kyungsoo took a tissue from her and wiped his mouth.

 

They were still talking after eating while waiting for Eunji to finish because she always took a long time to finish her meals. “… Oh ho! Who is this, Seyeon-ah? Your boyfriend?!” Sungyeol was in the middle of playing with Seyeon’s phone when he exclaimed.

 

Eunji grabbed Sungyeol’s hand to take a closer look at the picture. “Hm, not bad. Your boyfriend, Seyeon?”

 

“Ugh, no way,” Seyeon scoffed. “If he’s anyone’s boyfriend, he’s Kyungsoo’s.”

 

“What?” Kyungsoo frowned. “Who?”

 

“I want to see too!” Jongdae yelled.

 

Sungyeol turned Seyeon’s phone to Jongdae, Bomi, and Kyungsoo in front of him. It was Jongin, wearing a matching shade with Seyeon as the two had their heads rested against each other with almost identical smirk on their faces. Bomi could see why it’s easy to mistake them as a couple.

 

“Ah, Jongin. He’s my best friend. Actually, I’m in a band with him,” Kyungsoo explained.

 

“And there’s a lot photos of them together, too! Are you sure you’re not dating him?” Sungyeol swiped his fingers at the screen. Suddenly he stopped. “… oh, this one. This one is definitely your boyfriend,” he nudged Seyeon’s shoulder.

 

Seyeon peeked over to see who was Sungyeol talking about, but then she looked away. “No, he’s not,” she said quietly.

 

“He looks handsome… Why are you not dating him?” Eunji asked.

 

Sungyeol showed the picture to the other three, and it made Bomi and Kyungsoo smiled instantly.

 

EXO’s leader was staring back right into the camera, his fist was in front of his mouth, but even though half of his face was covered, it didn’t make him less attractive.

 

“Maybe he’s the one who doesn’t want to date Seyeon!” Jongdae joked playfully, but Bomi smacked his arm so hard it made the boy yelped.

 

“That is… also my band member,” is all Kyungsoo could say.

 

“Does your band only recruit handsome people or what?” Sungyeol returned Seyeon’s phone to the owner.

 

“… there’s an even more handsome boy in the band,” Seyeon suddenly said.

 

“What? Seriously?” Eunji looked 100% interested.

 

“Yah, remember your boyfriend!” Sungyeol nudged her.

 

“But I don’t have his photo… Kyungsoo, you have Sehun’s picture?” Seyeon asked.

 

Kyungsoo shook his head, he’s not the type that keep photos in his phone. 

 

“Oh, Sehun-ah? I think I have,” Bomi took out her phone and searched for a while. “Ah, here you go!” she showed her phone to her friends proudly, as if Sehun was her brother or something.

 

Eunji gulped down immediately.  “Can I join your band? Please?” she grabbed Kyungsoo’s hand.

 

“Wow, no ...,” Jongdae had to admit the boy was handsome. “But… why he’s wearing uniform…?”

 

“Sehun-ah is still a student. It’s his last year, though.”

 

“EH!? He’s a high school student?!” Sungyeol took the phone closer to see Sehun better. “You’re kidding,” he looked at Bomi and Kyungsoo for affirmation, because he thought Sehun looked very mature. “He looks older than our Kyungie!” he said, browsing through Bomi’s phone for more of Sehun’s photos. “And he’s—” Sungyeol stopped talking abruptly as he stared intensely at Bomi’s phone. “Bom, is this your boyf—?”

 

When Kyungsoo leaned over to look at Bomi’s phone, Bomi quickly grabbed her phone back from Sungyeol, mumbling a simple, “No,” in the process, leaving Sungyeol and Eunji stared at her puzzled. But Kyungsoo could still catch a glimpse of Chanyeol’s face in Bomi’s phone. He turned his head away.

 

“… so,” Jongdae cleared his throat to overcome the sudden awkward silence, “Go-kart?”

 


 

“There’s something you’re not telling me,” Jongdae rested his arm on Bomi’s shoulder and made her walk slower, taking a little bit distance from their friends. They decided to buy some sweets and cotton candies while walking around the park before they went to the go-kart area.

 

“No, Jongdae, I can’t tell you the secret of my beauty,” Bomi said playfully, her fingers from the sticky cotton candy.

 

“About the boy in your phone that made our Kyungsoo sullen… Is he also in Kyungsoo’s band?” Jongdae lowered his head and took a bite from Bomi’s cotton candy.

 

Jongdae frowned a little when Bomi touched his nose with the same fingers she just . “You’ve got some candy there…,” Bomi said, grinning, and Jongdae decided to let it go. “Kyungsoo is not sullen… and yes.”

 

Jongdae whistled. “What’s his name? Do you like him?” but there’s a concerned look in Bomi’s face that made him stop grinning. “What’s the matter?” he asked thoughtfully.

 

“I—,” Bomi swallowed down.

 

“Jongdae! Bomi! Hurry up!” Eunji shouted, they were already in front of the go-kart area.

 

Jongdae turned his head briefly and waved his hand impatiently. “We pass! We’ll just wait for you here,” he said, his focus was already on Bomi.

 

“Boo! What’s with that, you’re the one who suggested playing go-kart!” Sungyeol yelled.

 

Jongdae was about to retort back but he saw Kyungsoo stared at them. Understanding came into Jongdae’s mind so he pulled Bomi closer to him, raising his eyebrows at Kyungsoo to challenge him. Kyungsoo just raised his eyebrows back, refused to play along with Jongdae’s antic, and he followed Sungyeol to pick on his go-kart.  

 

Jongdae smirked to no-one and he’s already forgotten about Bomi if not for Bomi’s next words.

 

“… I slept with him.”

 

“… huh? What?” Jongdae’s mind was still on Kyungsoo but then he remembered his previous subject of conversation with Bomi. “You—What?” he stopped in his track. “You slept with… Are you dating him?” Jongdae looked at Bomi, confused.

 

Bomi’s answer came in a burst. “It was at a party, and I was drunk, and I didn’t know he’s Kyungsoo’s friend…,” she quickly said.

 

Jongdae furrowed his eyebrows. “Wait. Um, Bomi, I’m sorry, but, weren’t you…?” Jongdae asked carefully, didn’t finish his question.

 

Bomi sighed. “Yes, it was my first time.”

 

“And you did it with the person you’ve met at a party… which turns out to be Kyungsoo’s friend?”

 

Bomi nodded.

 

“… okay, why don’t we sit over there and you tell me everything from the beginning,” Jongdae led Bomi to a bench on the sidewalk and they sat there. “What’s his name?”

 

“… Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol.”

 

“Chanyeol,” Jongdae repeated. “And you met him…?”

 

Bomi took a deep breath, and then she told Jongdae about everything, from the beginning. Bomi told Jongdae about the party, and her first meeting again with Kyungsoo, and when she went to watch EXO’s performance, their last date back in their hometown after Jongdae’s wedding, and their vacation together with EXO, also her closeness with Chanyeol now.

 

When Bomi was done, she stared at the ground, kicking the nearest pebble near her shoes.

 

“… well,” Jongdae said after a while. “Why you two don’t say anything to Chanyeol?”

 

“I don’t know,” Bomi admitted. “It’s just happened. I think Kyungsoo doesn’t want Chanyeol to know, so I also don’t say anything.”

 

“That’s typical Kyungsoo, isn’t it,” Jongdae patted Bomi’s head. “Always holding back, keeping things to himself. But I bet this Chanyeol is also a good guy, if he’s not, Kyungsoo won’t act like that. Chanyeol will probably feel like if he knows he slept with his best friend’s ex. Maybe Kyungsoo doesn’t want Chanyeol to feel like that.”

 

Bomi didn’t say anything, recalling her own feelings when she found out about Kyungsoo’s and Chanyeol’s relationship.

 

“You said you’re getting closer with Chanyeol. He’ll find out sooner or later. I think it’s better if you tell him.”

 

“But what should I say? Hi, you know Kyungsoo, right? By the way, he’s my first love. Yes, I’m his ex-girlfriend. No big deal,” Bomi acted as if she’s talking to Chanyeol. “… knowing Chanyeol, he’d probably freak out,” she added in a whisper. She could imagine the smile faded from Chanyeol’s face, and selfishly, she didn’t want it to happen.  

 

“You like him,” this time it was more than a statement than a question.

 

Bomi glanced at Jongdae. “… I can’t say that I don’t.”

 

“Then, what about Kyungsoo?”

 

At the mention of Kyungsoo’s name, Bomi snapped. “Kyungsoo, he’s just… He’s so frustrating! I don’t know, sometimes he can be so kind, and it makes me think he still likes me… Then he pushed me away like I’m nothing to him! But then what about him taking care of me…,” Bomi exhaled deeply, trying to control her emotion. “… Is it just me? Maybe it’s all in my imagination, thinking that he still has feelings for me. He basically never text or call me first, and when he replied my texts it’s always short… And he seemed uninterested when I call him… But did you see it before? I held his hand and he didn’t say anything. I don’t understand…”

 

Jongdae scoffed. “Huh, I always know Do Kyungsoo is a little bastard at heart.”

 

“Jongdae-ah!” Bomi hit Jongdae’s arm and the boy laughed.

 

“Just let him, okay? I’m sure he’ll regret it later, when you have someone else… I think he has a lot of thoughts right now, maybe he’s not sure about it himself. Besides, if the two of you meant for each other, you’ll end up together anyway,” Jongdae grinned. “I believe in fate.”

 

“I don’t want to wait…,” Bomi murmured.

 

“Be patient, kiddo,” Jongdae patted Bomi’s head once again and leaned forward to take a look at Bomi’s face. “Why don’t you do other things to take your mind from Kyungsoo? And, don’t close your heart, Baby Bom. You don’t have to wait for Kyungsoo, you know…”

 

Bomi turned her head at Jongdae, as if she just heard a new knowledge.

 

Their friends were done playing go-kart, and now they walked over to Bomi and Jongdae.

 

Jongdae smiled softly. “Anyway,” Jongdae stood up, pulling Bomi to stand up with him, “If there’s anyone who says he doesn’t care about you anymore, I’ll call bull. He still cares about you, it’s obvious.”

 

“… But it’s not enough…,” Bomi tugged Jongdae’s hand and whined. She knew Kyungsoo cared for her, he should be, they were friends for years, they were best friend, she would be mad at Kyungsoo if he didn’t care for her anymore.

 

“Do you want to go back together with him?”

 

“I—” Bomi’s eyes drifted to her friends.

 

Kyungsoo’s face was still red of excitement after playing go-kart, and his heart-shaped lips turned into a big grin when he joked with Sungyeol. Bomi stared at him, at the face of the man that occupied her heart since forever.

 

Kyungsoo looked up, and their gaze met for a good three seconds.

 

Bomi felt a prick in her heart.

 

Kyungsoo looked back at Sungyeol as he brushed his hair, trying to fix it after it was flattened by the helmet.

 

“… I don’t know…,” Bomi found her voice answering.

 

After all that happened between them, all the pain Kyungsoo put her through, does she want to be with him again? But if she doesn’t want to be with Kyungsoo, what does she want? Why she’s still clinging on their memories, on the last tiny hope?

 

She still didn’t know if she wanted to be with Kyungsoo again, but she thought, Kyungsoo cared for her was just not enough.

 


 

Thank you boogerbrain95 and taenyunnielover for the upvote! And thank you for every reader of this story, thank you for being patience at reading this, I know it's long, so, thank you. 

If this chapter made you bored... I'm sorry, it's much more fun in my head. And I know Sungyeol and Eunji was random, but, yeah. What even more random is Eunji's boyfriend, can anyone take a guess who is it? If I can't ship Baekji in this story, well, he's second best. And I was just joking about Kyungmi climbing a tree or riding horse ._____.

I erased the poll, it's a tie! 59 votes, 28 for Chanyeol, 28 for Kyungsoo, 3 for confused. Thank you for choosing :)

By the way, this coincidence is making me happy for no particular reason haha. Baekhyun vs Jongin ?

 

I wonder if I can finish this before 30 chapter...