Innocence

Closer, Closer

 


 

“I’m so, so, sorry,” Chanyeol said as he stood next to Bomi. “They’re jerks.”

 

“No… You don’t have to say it like that…,”Bomi shook her head. “They’re joking, I get it.” She said that but Chanyeol noticed she was blushing. All the jokes must had make her uncomfortable.

 

“… still, jerks…,” Chanyeol mumbled.

 

“Where do you put the tea?” Bomi asked, already found the cups by herself.

 

The next few minutes they fell silent, as they busied themselves making tea. They could hear murmurs from Suho, Baekhyun, and Sehun behind them. Chanyeol felt like choking the boys for embarrass him in front of his first.

 

Suddenly Bomi shrieked when accidentally she poured the hot tea into her hand. “Aaah!”

 

“Are you okay? Is it hurt?” Chanyeol grabbed her hand and hurriedly place it under the cold running water.

 

“I-I’m fine!” Bomi pulled her hand fast, and held it to her chest. Her heart beat like crazy, and she turned her body so Chanyeol couldn’t see her red face.

 

Chanyeol looked puzzled for a moment after he saw Bomi’s reaction, but the he noticed Bomi’s red ears, and suddenly he realized what make Bomi acted like that. He snorted and covered his mouth, also flustered.

 

He said the same exact words to Bomi last night when they did it. 

 

“What happened?” Suho asked, hearing Bomi’s little scream and the ruckus.  

 

“Nothing!” Chanyeol answered before his hyung come to the kitchen. He carried the tray with 3 cups of tea to the living room, serving it to his band members who all grinning and smiling meaningfully to him. “I hope you all choked when drinking it,” he hissed to them.

 

“Awww, our Chanyeollie is angry,” Baekhyun playfully pouted, but quickly changed it into a big wide grin. Chanyeol put a cranky face.

 

“Umm, Chanyeol-ssi?” Chanyeol turned, hearing Bomi called his name. She was standing awkwardly behind him, looked like she want to say something.

 

“Ne?”

 

“I think I will go home now…,” Bomi said softly, fully aware that EXO’s members were staring at her in curiosity. “Can I borrow your shirt?” Bomi didn’t like the idea of roaming in the streets with her attire right now.

 

“Of course! Anything you need,” Chanyeol lead her to the closet again.

 

“Do you have long-sleeved shirt? A big one?”

 

“Like this?” Chanyeol handed her a pale blue shirt.

 

“I think this will do…,” Bomi said as she took the shirt, before she went to the bathroom to change.

 

Chanyeol let out another sigh after Bomi left. It was still in the morning but he already felt so tired. “What?” he suddenly snapped at s, who all these times stared at both of them, enjoying it as if they were watching a soap opera.

 

“Nope. It’s just weird seeing Hyung all lovey-dovey with a girl,” Sehun said.

 

“I’m not lovey-dovey-“

 

“You’re right,” Baekhyun cut Chanyeol as he pat Sehun’s thighs. “Now if I think about it, Chanyeol always loud and noisy around girls, never really sweet and gentle like that.”

 

“Hey! I’m sweet and gentle-“

 

“He becomes all quiet and docile around the girl he likes, right?” Suho added. “Just like that girl in High School that he really liked, but he didn’t dare to approach her?”

 

“Eeey, Hyung! Why are you all being like this?” Chanyeol protested as he was attacked by his own members.

 

“I’m happy for you, Chanyeol-ah, but if you planning to do another one night stand, you’re not doing it right this time,” Suho smiled smugly. “Listen,” he said as his dongsaengs come closer in curiosity, “rule number one for one night stand. DO NOT…-“ Suho suddenly stopped as he noticed Sehun’s presence. “Oops, I forgot we still had a baby here,” he leaned back to the couch, smirked to Sehun. “We’ll continue next time without Sehun.”

 

“Hyung, I’m not a baby,” Sehun grumbled. “I want to know too, who knows, maybe I’ll do one night stand just like Chanyeol Hyung too.”

 

“Then we will have this conversation after that,” Suho simply stated. “Try asking again when you lost your innocence. But don’t rush it, no pressure. We like you pure and innocent, our precious maknae.”

 

Sehun put sulky face but he seemed a little bit happy, and Baekhyun ruffled his hair.

 

At that time Bomi got out from the bathroom, all dressed up. She wore Chanyeol’s shirt as a dress, putting a belt in her waist to make it more girly.

 

“Did it look weird?” Bomi asked to the boys worriedly.

 

“Not at all,” Suho answered.

 

“Yep, I agreed. You rock the shirt, it kinds of y,” Baekhyun smiled widely. Sehun nodded, approving his hyungs’ words.

 

Chanyeol stared at Bomi for a while. “I can’t believe that’s my shirt. It looked better on you. Maybe you should take it…”

 

Baekhyun, Sehun, and Suho exchanged meaningful glances.

 

“So… I will go home now,” Bomi said. “I will wash the clothes and return it.”

 

“Wait, I’ll take you home,” Chanyeol stood up and looked for his jacket.

 

“E-eh? You don’t need to!”

 

“Come on, I don’t want to look like a complete jerk, letting you go home alone after… that,” Chanyeol mumbled his last word, wearing his jacket jeans. He could feel his band members grinning after him.

 

“No, it’s really fine,” Bomi tried to prevent him. “It’s not really far from my place.”

 

“Well at least let me take you to the bus stop. Come on,” Chanyeol took her arm in the elbow, lead him outside before Bomi could say another protest. “Wait here,” he said to s who all waving.

 

“Byee, Bomi-ah! See you!” Baekhyun waved his hand, smiling. 

 

“Be careful, Hyeongsoonim,” Sehun added, also waved his hand.

 

Chanyeol and Bomi walked together in silent for a while until finally they reached the bus stop. “You sure you don’t want me to accompany you? Or call a cab for you? I’ll pay,” Chanyeol persuaded the girl.

 

“Chanyeol-ssi, it’s really fine! It’s just around 10-15 minutes from my place, okay?” Bomi smiled. “Thank you very much… for the clothes.”

 

“Don’t mention it, it’s nothing,” Chanyeol muttered. He hesitated for a second before talked, “Hey… about what we talked earlier… Do you still want to see our performance…? I mean, I get it if you don’t want to meet me again…” Chanyeol stared at the ground, unable to look Bomi in the eyes.

 

“W-what? No, I already promised to see your performance,” Bomi also stared at the ground, playing with her fingers. “… it’s fine. I don’t plan to avoid you or anything…” She said, as she could sense what’s the actual question is.

 

“Okay,” Chanyeol sighed in relief. “Friends, then?” he offered his hand.

 

“Friends,” Bomi smiled, took Chanyeol’s hand.

 

“Oh, look. Is that your bus?”

 

“Hmm, looks like it,” Bomi turned to Chanyeol after checked the bus. “See you around. “

 

“See you... Be careful!” he shouted as Bomi got in the bus.

 

Bomi ce more, and waved her hand, smiling.