The Game's Rules

Closer, Closer

Again, did I do something wrong?
You get mad so easily and get tired
Please let’s just love, please let’s stop fighting


Let’s Just Love - APink

 


 

“Is this Kyungsoo’s voice I hear?” Seyeon poked her head into Bomi’s room. She could be mistaken since Kyungsoo’s voice changed over the years and through the puberty, and she hasn’t got familiar with Kyungsoo’s singing voice right now.

 

“Ah, yes… It’s EXO, they covered several songs…,” Bomi turned her head from her laptop. “He’s really good now, isn’t he?” Bomi said with a distinct look on her face, went back to facing her laptop.

 

“Yes, yes,” Seyeon nodded absentmindedly, seating herself in Bomi’s bed and grab a cushion to hug. The song was Guilty by Dynamic Duo, and she raised her eyebrows when Bomi repeated the song and she heard someone’s doing the rap part. “Who is it? Chanyeol?” she asked in disbelief when she finally recognized the deep voice.

 

Bomi nodded eagerly. “Turns out he does rap occasionally,” she brought the laptop with her to her bed, sitting beside Seyeon. “… and in a lot of their songs, he harmonized Kyungsoo,” she said, pressing her little lips together. 

 

Seyeon patted her back.

 

“Ah, you should hear their demo song! Chanyeol wrote it,” Bomi told her, and Seyeon caught a glimpse of proud in her tone. “It’s very nice. You’ll like it too. It’s called Angel.” She clicked the mouse several times, before turned to Seyeon cheerfully; the song started and filled her room.

 

This moment feels like I was born as a child who knew nothing
 

Seyeon’s ears immediately perked up hearing the soothing melody and the soft voice, and she tilted her head at Bomi, asking her who’s singing without saying anything.

 

“I think it’s Baekhyun-ah,” Bomi whispered to her, didn’t want to disturb the song.

 

I closed my eyes again in case it would be a dream

You were standing in front of my desperate self and praying

 

Seyeon stiffened when she heard the voice.  

 

“But I don’t know who sings this part? Now that I think about it, I don’t know whose EXO’s third singer...,” Bomi explained in a hushed voice. “But I really like his voice, it’s so calming, don’t you think?” She was too excited, that she missed the look on Seyeon’s face. “Maybe, Sehun-ah? Ah, there, he sings again!” Bomi frowned before she reached out for her phone,  “... I should ask Chanyeol about it...”

 

“... Joonmyeon.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“It’s Joonmyeon’s voice,” Seyeon closed her eyes, laying back and let out a sigh.

 

Bomi stared at her and finally put down her laptop to the bedside table. She lay down beside Seyeon. “... Seyeon-ah... Don’t you want to talk about it?” Bomi asked slowly, playing with her fingers. She wasn’t the type that pushes people to tell her something, but it’s not that she didn’t care.

 

“Hum? Talk about what?” Seyeon still hadn’t opened her eyes.

 

“You... and Suho Oppa.”

 

“There’s nothing to tell.”

 

“... okay.”

 

They went quiet, while EXO’s Angel played in the background.

 

Bomi mindlessly scanned through her phone’s photo gallery, and the last photo was Chanyeol making a ‘V’ sign over his dish, photo of Chanyeol’s back while he cooked, and a selca of them in aprons, and then Chanyeol, posing y – or silly – with Seyeon’s apron, and then photos of her and Chanyeol with firework and with pinwheels, and Bomi was just started thinking, Huh? Since when my phone full with Chanyeol’s photos? when Seyeon spoke so softly that Bomi nearly missed it. 

 

“There’s something about him. His smile… is bothering me.”

 

Bomi stopped playing with her phone, though she didn’t say anything, waiting for Seyeon to continue her story.

 

Seyeon sighed, and finally she opened her eyes. “… It’s like, who smiles that much? Don’t you think it’s irritating?” Seyeon turned her head at Bomi, furious, and Bomi just had enough time to let out a short, “Umm-,” before Seyeon started again, “His smile! It’s like he knows everything, and his confidence, that cocky smile of him, as if he’s so sure that he can get anything that he wants! It annoys me!” Seyeon stopped, panting from her own sudden outburst. “... but sometimes… Don’t you think his smile… a little bit fake? Like he forces himself to smile? I hate that smile the most.”

 

Bomi never really thought about it, but when she remembered Sehun’s story about Kim Joonmyeon, somehow it fits.

 

“I never meant to— I mean, he’s like the- The other guys,” Seyeon stuttered a little, she’s never really accept the idea that she’s a beauty that attracts a lot of boys. “He texts a lot, and he calls, too. And he picks me up after my practices, and he’s persistence, with that confident smile of his. And he’s just- I don’t want to, but- I never want to-”

 

“Seyeon-ah,” Bomi lied on her side now, facing Seyeon, and she Seyeon’s arm gently, “It’s okay. Suho Oppa is attractive. And his smile is beautiful. It’s okay to like him.”  

 

Seyeon seemed embarrassed. “B-but it’s so cliché!” she said, still denying her feelings. “Besides… Do you realize how he always texting during or vacation together? It’s quite obvious that he has a girlfriend, isn’t it?!”

 

Now Bomi knew why Seyeon looked pissed off when Suho’s attention was on his phone. 

 

“And then Jongin said they aren’t his girlfriend,” Seyeon waved her hands. “They. As in, more than one. As in, A LOT. I just- I can’t believe towards that kind of guy I-…,” she stopped, sighed in desperation.

 

Bomi finally understood.

 

Seyeon’s the type that hard to fall in love. And now when she did, she had a hard time acknowledge her own feelings because, first, she thought it was cliché, falling for one of the boys that chased after her looks – ‘They don’t know me at all,’ Seyeon once said – and the second, because Kim Joonmyeon is a ladies-man. Seyeon hated that kind of guys the most. And now she’s falling for one.

 

Bomi thought about it all for a while; Seyeon’s feeling, Sehun’s story, and her own opinion about Suho. Then she decided that it’s up for Seyeon to judge.       

 

“Sehun-ah told me… about Suho Oppa…,” Bomi started. Then she told Seyeon about Suho’s story, carefully, without telling her the real reason Sehun was bullied or Sehun’s feelings. When she was finished, Bomi stared at Seyeon, waiting for her comment.

 

“… That jerk!” the said girl swore, startling Bomi. “He’s just- Why are you telling me this?! Now it’s harder to forget him...,” Seyeon rolled over and muffled her own whining with the pillow.

 

Bomi chuckled, finding amusement in seeing her best friend. “Well I’m sorry!” Bomi patted Seyeon’s head. “I just feel sad for Suho Oppa. Maybe he acts like that… the smiles, the confidence… Maybe it’s to cover his insecurities of being left behind. I think… he just want to be loved, to be wanted. Maybe he searches it in the wrong place… From those girls.”

 

“Yeah that doesn’t mean he’s allowed to-”

 

“To capture your heart?” Bomi .

 

“Yah, Yoon Bomi!” Seyeon roared from her pillow and Bomi laughed. “… Still, it doesn’t justify what he does… Player…,” Seyeon hissed under her breath. “… it will be really cliché  if I believe I can change him...”

 

Bomi patted Seyeon’s head again. “Well, I told you what I know. Good luck, Jin Seyeon.”

 

“… I hate you…”

 

“Awww, I love you too!” 

 


 

“Chanyeollie! Long time no see!” Minseok grabbed Chanyeol into his koala hug the second he saw the boy after he opened the door.  

 

The taller boy returned the affectionate hug, “Minseokkie Hyung!”

 

“So, how are you? What do you have there?” he nodded to the plastic bag in Chanyeol’s hand.

 

“The usual food from Yura Noona for Kyungsoo,” Chanyeol shrugged, letting Minseok inspected his bag. “I swear, she likes Kyungsoo more than me. I think she’ll happily exchange me for Kyungsoo anytime in a heartbeat.”

 

“Aww, don’t be sad,” Minseok patted Chanyeol’s cheek. “I’ll happily exchange Kyungsoo for you! Kyungsoo no fun, you are soooo much better!”

 

“I heard that,” Kyungsoo showed up, a minute late to open his house’s door for Chanyeol. “Come up stair,” he motioned with his head for Chanyeol to follow him to his room.

 

Minseok whispered to Chanyeol, “Tell Yura-ssi I’m in for that exchange thing!” and he flashed up his thumb.

 

When Chanyeol came into Kyungsoo’s room, he immediately jumped to his bed while Kyungsoo sat on his desk. “Here,” he handed the plastic bag to Kyungsoo.

 

“Tell Yura Noona I said thank you,” Kyungsoo took out the food inside and checked it one by one. Ever since that one time Chanyeol’s sister met Kyungsoo, she always gave something for Kyungsoo through Chanyeol – Yura thought Kyungsoo’s adorable. “How’s your family?”

 

“All good,” Chanyeol answered shortly. He just arrived back yesterday from his vacation in his hometown. “What are you doing?”

 

Kyungsoo lifted up the book he’s been reading. “Assignment.”

 

“I’m still amazed that Jongin is in the same faculty as you. I mean, you look like a guy that always read,” Chanyeol waved his hand at Kyungsoo carelessly, and the boy furrowed his eyebrows, wondering what that was supposed to mean, “But Jongin. KIM JONGIN. Just, no.” Chanyeol shook his head. 

 

Kyungsoo smiled a little, back to reading his book. But he didn’t get a lot of progress, in the end, since they ended up chatting. It’s been a while since the last time the two of them together, Kyungsoo thought, and he kind of relieved at the fact nothing seemed change between them. Chanyeol still talks more, laughs even at his own joke, and if Kyungsoo a little bit quieter, Chanyeol seemed oblivious. Kyungsoo just hope Chanyeol wouldn’t start to ask him about Bomi.

 

But of course, that’s exactly what happened.

 

“Hey, Kyungie,” suddenly Chanyeol sat up.

 

“Hm?” Kyungsoo glanced from his book.

 

“So, umm,” Chanyeol rubbed his nose, slightly nervous to bring out the topic. He hadn’t exactly told his band-mates about his feelings for Bomi except to Baekhyun. “Bomi… doesn’t have a boyfriend, right? Hmm… what about her ex?”

 

“… Her ex?” Kyungsoo turned his back to Chanyeol, pretended to absorb in the book, all tensed up. “What about him?”

 

“Well, when I went to her house the other time-”

 

“You went to her house?” now Kyungsoo turned his head to Chanyeol, a little bit too fast than he meant to. 

 

“Uh, yeah, I asked her for photos of our holiday… By the way, there’s a really nice pic of you, Bomi, and Seyeon-ssi, and also our pic making pyramid? Fantastic! But the pic when we collapse is hilarious. I’ll give you my floppy drive later. Um, what was I going to say? Oh, yeah, so, in her room-”

 

Kyungsoo frowned.

 

“-there’s a picture of her high-school graduation day, with her junior high’s friends. You’re her junior high’s friend, like? There’s this guy that wrapped his arm on her shoulder, and, well… I just wonder if that’s her ex-boyfriend,” Chanyeol shrugged nonchalantly as if it’s not a big deal.

 

Her ex-boyfriend is me, Kyungsoo unknowingly furrowed his eyebrows when he thought to himself, And I definitely wasn’t there on her graduation day. Did Bomi date another guy after me? Wait… Jongdae said Jonghwan confessed on their graduation party? It can’t be Jonghwan… right?

 

Kyungsoo stood up and walked to his bookshelf – Chanyeol followed his movement with his eyes, and he took out his junior high graduation book. He sat beside Chanyeol whose eyes widened, “Is that your graduation book?!”, and started to open it in his class. He found Jonghwan’s photo and pointed it out for Chanyeol, “Is this the guy?”

 

Chanyeol took a look and immediately shook his head. “Nope. Hmm… I think he’s in the picture too, but no, definitely not him. Can I see it?” he sent an excited puppy eyes to Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo gave the book to Chanyeol.

 

“This is your class?” Chanyeol asked excitedly. “Where are you… Do Kyungsoo…” Chanyeol’s finger stopped at Kyungsoo’s photo, which still has his baby fat on his cheeks on his junior high’s photo. “YOU ADORABLE LITTLE !” he shouted, turning to Kyungsoo and pinching his cheeks. “Your hair was so short and neat back then!”

 

“Yah! Stawp eet!” Kyungsoo pushed Chanyeol’s hands away.

 

Chanyeol grinned happily, humming while he continued to look into Kyungsoo’s graduation book. He stopped when he saw a particular photo. “Is this-” Chanyeol read the name beside the photo. “… Huh, she’s cute…,” Chanyeol mumbled to himself. He blushed when he realized he just said it out loud. “I-I mean-”

 

“… yeah, she’s cute,” Kyungsoo commented, staring at Bomi’s photo, smiling and making double ‘V’ sign with her hands.

 

“Eh?” Chanyeol turned his head at Kyungsoo, wasn’t expecting Kyungsoo’s comment.   

 

“This is Seyeon,” Kyungsoo pointed at one photo, taking Chanyeol’s attention back to the book.

 

“Ah, Seyeon-ssi,” Chanyeol nodded his head. “… AH! This guy! … Kim Jongdae?” he read the name beside the photo. There’s no way Chanyeol mistaken, those high cheekbones and sharp jawline was hard to forget. “Is this his ex-boyfriend?”

 

“Oh, Jongdae? You mean it’s him that put his arm on Bomi?” Kyungsoo asked and Chanyeol nodded. “Ah, him. He’s not Bomi’s boyfriend. He’s our best friend too.” Kyungsoo thought for a while. “… But come to think about it… Bomi had a crush on him. Yeah, she did. First year. He’s her first love.”

 

“This guy? Him?” Chanyeol pointed at Jongdae’s photo, before he checked on it once more. Sure, Jongdae’s good looking, but Chanyeol thought there’s nothing special about him. He’s more handsome than this Jongdae guy.

 

Chanyeol slapped himself on his mind for being jealous over a mere puppy love.

 

Then he slapped himself mentally once again for being jealous.

 

This falling in love thing wasn’t funny at all.

 

“So, which one is his boyfriend?” Chanyeol looked up to Kyungsoo.

 

“… You should ask Bomi yourself,” Kyungsoo moved back to his desk, grabbing his book and searching for the page he was on. “I don’t want her to think I… meddle in her business or something.”

 

Chanyeol pursed his lips, but then he nodded his head. “You’re right…” He continued to look at Kyungsoo’s graduation book. He came to the part where there were a lot of various photos of the class, taken during school trips or school activities. “… Hey, you sit together with the Kim Jongdae guy during school trip? Oh, this is Bomi and Seyeon-ssi across you…”

 

“Like I said… we’re all best friends…,” Kyungsoo mumbled, trying hard to look like he’s engrossed in his reading.

 

“Right… best friend…” Chanyeol narrowed his eyes, brought the book closer to take a better look, searching for Bomi in every picture.

 

She’s much smaller, her eyes was undeniably small without any make up on, and her face was rounder with baby fat, but she looks cute that way, Chanyeol decided.

 

In one photo that seemed like sports day, Bomi squatted in the middle of the photo with the rest of the class, proudly showing her medal with some other students – and that squishy thing beside her must be Kyungsoo. There’s another picture, looked like during school’s festival, with the decoration in the background, and it must be their class’ band, with Kyungsoo and Jongdae in the middle, Bomi on Kyungsoo’s side, clinging on his arm, while Seyeon on Jongdae’s side, also clinging on his arm. Another one with Bomi in it was taken in their class room, this time Bomi stood behind Kyungsoo and made ‘V’ signs just above Kyungsoo’s head.

 

In every photo, Bomi and Kyungsoo almost always side by side.

 

“You seem really close with Bomi?” Chanyeol closed Kyungsoo’s graduation book.

 

Kyungsoo didn’t turn around when he answered him, “… we’re also childhood friends… Our brother knows each other.”

 

“Woah, really? I don’t know that you’re that close with Bomi…” Chanyeol lay down to Kyungsoo’s bed. “So… first love. They don’t last, do they?” Chanyeol scrunched his nose.

 

Kyungsoo felt challenged. “… Some lasts,” he deadpanned.

 

If the air between them became tense, it was only on Kyungsoo’s mind, because Chanyeol totally on his own thoughts.

 

“You think so?” Chanyeol frowned.

 

“… do you ever forget your first love?”  

 

“You think Bomi still likes this Kim Jongdae after years?!” Chanyeol sat up almost immediately.

 

“What?” this time Kyungsoo turned to faced Chanyeol. “Why Jong—?” he was about to burst in confusion when Kyungsoo finally understood what Chanyeol was talking about. “Oh. You mean him. No, absolutely not. Besides, he’s married. Bomi only thought of him like a brother.”

 

“Oh, that’s good,” Chanyeol’s face lit up.

 

Kyungsoo stared at Chanyeol. “… do you…,” Kyungsoo stopped, he wasn’t sure he wanted to hear the answer, “… do you like Bomi?”

 

“W-what?! I don’t— I mean, I—,” Chanyeol’s eyes were big and his ears were red, “… I-I don’t know…,” he mumbled, staring at his feet. He wasn’t ready to tell the other guys about his feeling.

 

Now Kyungsoo wasn’t sure if the answer made him angry or relieved.

 

And Chanyeol was still staring at his feet.

 

And the silence between them was deafening.

 

It was Kyungsoo who break the silence.

 

“… do you want to eat dinner here?”

 


 

A couple of days later, EXO were practicing, and the girls were there to watch. 

 

It was hot outside, but inside the music studio, the air conditioner was blowing cold wind, wiping away all the sweat. Or, tickling runny nose and uncovered necks.

 

“That may be all I need…,” Kyungsoo sang to the chorus of Maroon 5’s Sunday Morning.

 

Baekhyun was the backing vocal, “You’re all I ne- Aaachoo!” or at least he tried.

 

Kyungsoo glanced at Baekhyun, but he continued to sing, “In darkness, she is all I-”

 

“Aaachoo!”

 

The music stopped abruptly when Jongin slammed his drum-sticks hard, ruining the rhythm and therefore forced the others to stop. All heads turned to him; Kyungsoo looked at him with a shocked face – oh wait, that’s just his normal face.  

 

“OKAY THAT’S IT!” Jongin shouted, irritated and finally couldn’t hold his temper any longer after several times their practice interrupted by Baekhyun’s and Minah’s sneezes. “Can’t you hold it for three minutes?!” he directed his shout to Minah.

 

Minah glared at him. “Well I can’t help it! It’s so cold in here- Aaachoo!”

 

Jongin grabbed his jacket that lied around under his seat and threw it to Minah – it landed on her face. “If you’re sick then what are you doing here? Get out!”

 

Minah pulled Jongin’s jacket away from her face. “I want to see my Baekhyunnie!” she yelled back, raising her arm to put on Jongin’s jacket.

 

“Yeah, Jongin, let her stay her- Aaachoo!” Baekhyun couldn’t finish his sentence.

 

“You too!” Jongin pointed his drumsticks to Baekhyun. “How did you two get sick in the first place? It’s summer! Who gets flu on summer?!”

 

Baekhyun sniffed, rubbing his nose. He glanced at Minah, and the two of them giggled together. “Yesterday we went to the pool-”

 

“You went without me?” Chanyeol cut him, sounded hurt that his best friend played without him.

 

“-and we stayed too long-”

 

“And ice creams!” Minah added.

 

“-and we didn’t dry our hair,” Baekhyun smiled as if it’s something to be proud of.

 

“That’s how you get flu?” Jongin asked in disbelief. Suho chuckled in his place, Chanyeol still looked disappointed, Bomi smiled at Minah, Seyeon gave judging stare to Baekhyun and Minah, while Sehun mindlessly played with his bass – giving background sound to the bickering.

 

“It was so much fun yesterday!” Minah exclaimed, her eyes disappeared into a mere crescent. “Aaachoo!” she sneezed again, and this time there’s snot running down her nose.

 

“Ugh, wipe your nose!” Jongin cringed at the sight.

 

Bomi was taking out a tissue for Minah, but Minah just stared at Jongin before she smiled mischievously. Minah raised her hand and brought the sleeve of Jongin’s jacket closer to her nose.

 

“Yah yah yah! Don’t you dare!”

 

“Ehehehe~”

 

“Bang Minah!” Jongin shouted, taking big steps to Minah. He grabbed the tissue from Bomi’s hand, and placed it on Minah’s nose – with skillful movement he wiped Minah’s nose. He took out another tissue and again, placing it on Minah’s nose, “Now blow it!”

 

The girl obeyed, grinning playfully when she looked up at Jongin – the boy just glared at her.

 

“I have nephew, okay,” Jongin said when Bomi and Seyeon stared at him.

 

“Jongin, me tooooo,” Baekhyun whined, pushed his nose to Jongin’s direction, and even thought Jongin was nagging he did it for Baekhyun too. “Now you two, stay away from Kyungsoo, if Kyungsoo gets your germs, I swear I’ll…,” Jongin muttered the words, but it’s pretty clear what he would do if the vocalist got sick because of the two.

 

“Why don’t we take 10 minutes break?” Suho said to the rest of them.

 

They went out from the studio to the small living room outside, because food was prohibited in the studio. Minah quickly gave Baekhyun vitamin water that she brought and the two of them were soon chatting and giggling by themselves in the corner.

 

Bomi was putting out her home-made sandwiches for everyone to eat, and the boys immediately gathered around her. But when Bomi was counting, she realized that Seyeon wasn’t there. Or the leader. She looked up and saw the couple down the hall; Seyeon was leaning on the wall behind her while Suho stood in front of her, his hands on his jean’s pocket while the two talked. Suho’s eyes were soft, and Seyeon let him when Suho tucked her hair behind her ear.

 

Bomi’s eyes found Sehun, and as she thought, Sehun’s eyes were directed at his cousin and Seyeon.

 

“Sehun-ah, let’s buy some drink,” Bomi grabbed Sehun’s arm and dragged him with her.

 

Sehun was startled that he didn’t have time to say anything.

 

“But we have enough drink,” Kyungsoo said in confusion.

 

“The practice-” Jongin was about to protest.

 

“We’ll be back in a minute, I promise!” Bomi said to the rest of them, noticing that Suho turned his head to see what the commotion was.

 

Bomi was still holding Sehun’s hand when they reached outside. She was about to let go when Sehun held her back. “Noona… Thank you,” he said quietly, not looking at Bomi.

 

“If you’re so thankful, buy me a strawberry smoothies, okay?” she pushed him with her shoulder, grinning.

 

Sehun let go Bomi’s hand to put his arm around her shoulder. “Okay, okay, let this Oppa buy you what you want,” he casually said while Bomi laughed at his attempt at being cool.

 

In the end they really did get strawberry smoothies for Bomi and Iced Americano for Sehun. “I hope Jongin or Suho Oppa won’t scold me for taking you out for so long,” Bomi said worriedly when she checked her watch and 10 minutes almost passed.

 

“Suho Hyung won’t. And Jongin Hyung…,” Sehun snorted, indicating that he’s not afraid of the other.

 

They walked back to the music studio, sipping on their drinks.

 

“Sehun-ah…,” suddenly Bomi called him. After a short hum from the younger, Bomi continued, “Do you think… Do you think I should stop hanging out with EXO?” she looked up to Sehun.

 

“Why?”

 

Bomi glanced at him.

 

“Kyungsoo Hyung and Chanyeol Hyung?”

 

This time Bomi nodded slowly. “At first… At first I stick with you guys to make Kyungsoo mad, to show him I don’t care about him anymore. But things change… We already make up now… Kind off,” Bomi tried to hide the bitterness in her tone by biting her straw. “But now… I still like Kyungsoo even though I didn’t see him for two years. Trying to forget him when I get to see him again is just...,” Bomi sighed. “… and Chanyeol,” Bomi sighed even deeper.

 

Sehun stared at her, studying the girl’s expression. “Noona, you’re afraid that Chanyeol Hyung will like you?” he asked. “Or you’re afraid that you will like Chanyeol Hyung?”

 

Bomi still bit her straw when she quietly answered, “… both.”

 

“And that’s a bad thing?”

 

“Sehun-ah, Kyungsoo is my ex-boyfriend!”

 

“So what?” Sehun shrugged. “I might not know the details, but I told you already, Noona, don’t mind the past. If you do like Chanyeol Hyung, be with him. It doesn’t matter if you’re Kyungsoo Hyung’s ex. Well, sure, it’ll be awkward at first… But if Chanyeol Hyung really loves you, it shouldn’t matter.”

 

“We have this talk as if Chanyeol likes me,” Bomi frowned. “We don’t know that for a fact.”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. “Yeah, because Chanyeol Hyung is super sweet to every girl,” he said sarcastically. “He’s not, alright. He’s kind but he’s not sweet. I bet he, at least, has a crush on you. On the other hand, Kyungsoo Hyung… The rule applies to him too. If he really loves you, Noona…,” Sehun looked at Bomi and smiled softly, “… it shouldn’t matter.”

 

Sehun’s thoughtful smile touched her.

 

She puffed her cheeks. “When I first saw you I didn’t think you’re this mature, Sehun-ah.”

 

“Well… why be mature if you have 5 big brothers that dote on you,” Sehun shrugged. He took a last sip to his drink and threw it when he spotted a trash bin – the weather was too hot that he ended up his drink so fast. “Noona…,” Sehun called her, getting back on her side, “When I was confused with my feelings, I used to close my eyes... and let my heart thought for me. I found the answer that way.”

 

“The thing is… I don’t need to close my eyes to know the answer,” Bomi said, smiling wryly. “But it’s hurt just thinking of him.”

 

“Quoting from this book I need to read for the school’s assignment,” Sehun said as they turned in the corner, reaching the music studio and stepped in, “That’s the thing about pain…,” he looked up and saw Suho in the living room, welcoming him with his angelic smile, Seyeon sat behind her, also smiling to them, “… it demands to be felt,” Sehun turned to Bomi, finishing his quote.

 

“What took you guys so long?” Jongin started to scold them. Bomi sent him an apologetic smile and Jongin mumbled some inaudible words before turning back in to the studio.

 

“Don’t get used to the pain, Noona,” Sehun said to Bomi before they went in. “… It’s not good for your heart. Do something about it. Or do things that make you happy.”

 

“Sehun!” Jongin’s voice was impatient.

 

“Coming!” Sehun shouted. He turned for the last time to Bomi, and whispered something to her before he pulled back and smiled.

 

They went in into the studio room and Jongin was sending death glare to Sehun from behind the drum which Sehun coolly ignored, Suho just smiled to the two – missing the stare Seyeon gave him before she looked away, while Minah was taking Baekhyun’s picture with her phone – Baekhyun gladly provided her with his best eye-smile.

 

Bomi’s eyes met Chanyeol’s when she walked in, and he gave her a rather sheepish grin. She returned the smile, and her eyes stumbled at Kyungsoo – just in time to see the boy looked away from her.

 

When Bomi sat between Minah and Seyeon, ready to watch the practice, Sehun’s whisper was ringing on her mind.

 

“Don’t get stuck like me.”

 


Hello! If you're reading this, I just want to say THANK YOU over and over again~ Do leave a comment!

Kyungmi edit, I think it's so prettyyyy and the words match this story? credit : expfnt @ tumblr

 

 

Lastly. Remember in the last post I said I went into gloomy mood? Well this story happened: The Sound of the Falling Rain, starring: Baekhyun/Chanyeol, minor Chen/Baro/Jin. And it's not , I swear. At least I don't think so. If you have time, do check it out~ Thank you!