Prologue

Closer, Closer

 


 

Yoon Bomi stirred in her sleep, half-awake. Her eyes felt so heavy and she felt so comfortable, she didn’t want to wake up now. Her nose picked up the smell of sweat, it was quite strong yet strangely it smelled quite nice. Vaguely she realized that it’s not a familiar smell to her, meant it’s not only her sweat, but her brain was still too lazy to think. And the arm that held her now felt so right... 

 

Wait. Finally her brain caught up. An arm? Holding me? In my waist?

 

Bomi opened her eyes in a blink, and her consciousness rushed in. I’m not in my room. Where am I? … Oh right. Arm. ARM.

 

Bomi turned her head to the side in a snap and to her horror, there’s a guy lying on his stomach beside her, his head was facing the other way so she couldn’t see his face. His right arm draped over Bomi's torso comfortably, and Bomi realized just now that his arm almost touched her . Her very .

 

Oh my God! Who is this man? What did I do last night? Did we…? Bomi started to panic, holding her throbbing head. Carefully, while her heart was beating so fast like crazy, she lifted the blanket that covered both their bodies. Her eyes widened when she saw the amount of skin between them. We did it, didn’t we?! Yoon Bomi, are you seriously just had with someone you don’t know? Just who the hell is he?!

 

The girl took a big gulp, trying her best to remember, but the arm that held her was a big distraction. She shifted her body slowly, trying to freed herself from the guy but at the same time didn’t want to wake him up. She shut her eyes tight while digging her memory of the last night’s events.

 

Last night... Party. That's it. Last night, there’s a meet-up party from various clubs…

 

She remembered having drinking a little bit more than usual. And then the circle she was in started to play a game; the King Game. Each of them took a stick with a number in it, one of them would be a king depended on the number they received, and he could order the other numbers to do things. At first the orders were easy, simple stuff: number 1 to pinched number 7, number 13 to feed number 7. But they were young and drunk; soon the orders were no longer that innocent.

 

***

 

“I want number 2... to kiss number 4!” the king yelled in ecstasy; a lot of them were already wasted by now. “In the MOUTH! And I don’t want a peck, I want a kiiisssss!”

 

Bomi looked down at her stick, blinking. She’s number 4. She held her stick up, “I’m number fouuur. Who’s going to kiss meeee?” she giggled, obviously drunk.

 

“MEEEE!” a deep voice answered happily with a raised hand.

 

***

 

Bomi froze in her place. Now she remembered what happened last night and who was sleeping with her. OH. MY. GOD.

 

She moved, a little bit struggling now, trying to leave the bed. But she stopped immediately when there’s a movement beside her, accompanied with a grunt.

 

“Mmm?” the man turned his head to Bomi, who already looked at him, motionless. “… Huh? Wha-?”

 

Bomi tried to smile at him, weakly. “… Hi?”

 

Park Chanyeol was looking at her with a bewildered expression.