Stop the time

Rumours Started It All

Her thoughts from just now in the car swam back to her head. She was afraid that DongHae would notice her but also excited to see what will be his reaction when he sees her. Would he be delighted or pissed about seeing her after so long? Shifting her attention to the large crowd once again, she realized that it was indeed impossible since he would not be able to notice her so easily. When JaeHwan asked her if she was okay, she merely chuckled at her wishful thoughts and waved him away indicating that she was fine.

She knew that the boys are all sad that they can only meet the fans in Singapore for a night from the look on their faces when they asked if the fans did not want them there. They looked a little serious but covered it so that the fans would think that they were only joking. She knew how they felt. They loved to perform for the fans and they could extend their concert hours if they could just for their fans. The fans, their Everlasting Friends, are the reason they are standing on the stage and they made it possible for them to have their own concert. Having one of their concerts canceled must have saddened them a lot.

Halfway through the concert, HyunJung noticed DongHae’s injured finger. She guessed he had been too careless again like he always was and she chuckled a little when she was reminded of an incident which happened years ago when all of them were playing a board game to kill time. DongHae even hurt his little finger just by playing this simple board game which you only have to use your brain to win.

Looking back at his cheerful self on stage now, she had mixed feelings. She felt relieved yet at the same time a little disappointed. She felt relieved over the fact that he is still his happy and hyper self, but, however, a part of her felt disappointed that he had already moved on from her. Or did he? Had he forgotten about her? Did he already throw all their past behind? Either way though, she has no right to judge what he chose to do.

Deciding to not spoil the mood, she pushed all those negative thoughts aside and continued enjoying the concert with the rest of the crazy crowd. Happy times are short-lived and it is already a little past half the concert. The time has come for their melancholy ballad starting with ‘Daydream’. Their sweet and soothing voice which totally sang out the feelings of the songs made the fans tear.

Covering my ears to listen to you

Shutting my eyes to imagine you

 

DongHae’s voice made HyunJung thought of the times when he sang her to sleep. Those were great moments for the two of them and if possible, she would love to return in time and live those beautiful moments again. Sometimes, she selfishly wished DongHae had not meet JiAe. None of these would have happened and she would be cheering the boys on from the backstage. But, if DongHae feels happy with her, why not let him be?

You have slowly become blurred, you have slowly left me
In the unstoppable memories

I stop (stop) I stop (stop)
The memories of having once loved, control me so easily
Once again, One more time
How can it end like this I cannot believe
Those countless promises, what to do, what to do

 

It was like the situation that she is stuck in with DongHae. They have slowly drifted from each other. Until now, she still could not believe that they had landed in this state. The both of them became strangers. Not calling each other like how they usually would. None of them wanted this, but courage is the factor that is stopping them from contacting each other. They do not know how to face each other still, though almost a year has passed. They wonder how each other are doing; they missed each other, but none took the step and now, only memories of their past remain.

No fear of pain, no fear of hurt
Only with you here will I be able to live
Without you I am just as if I have lost a life
Unable to move forward, unable to move backward
What do I do, what do I do

Stop

 

Their heart will be empty and it will not heal, not until they are with each other again. Only they themselves can take away their own pain.

Dark and lightless–

 

It was DongHae’s line but his mind was somewhere else. Standing right in front of him was her. Amongst the crowd, he was still able to spot her. Indeed, she stood out from the rest. It was as if he had radar for her. He wanted to run to her at that moment, but the nudge from KyuHyun right beside him took him back from his daydream. He shook his head and continued his next line after the rest.

Dark and lightless (since the day you dumped me)
Since the day you left me

I have died a little

Once again, One more time
How can it end like this, I cannot believe
Those countless promises, what to do, what to do

 

The next part of their concert, the ‘acoustic medley’, was a tough struggle for DongHae. There was a drastic change in his mood compared to his previous cheerful one, he looked heartbroken. Not only did the songs remind him of HyunJung, it all also described their current plight pretty well. The last song of the medley hit him the hardest, ‘Memories’. It is a song he wants to dedicate to HyunJung now, wherever she is. Exactly where is she? His pained heart was hoping for her to show up in this concert; to see her, even just for once; even if he cannot reach her at this point of time. He wants her to come back to him and he was constantly waiting for her return, with his patience running out knowing he was standing on the same land as her.

His tears dropped with each lyrics flowing. Drop by drop, it became harder for him to control as he sobs into his sleeves. His band members know exactly what he was thinking of, or rather a certain who. It was a heartbreaking sight for them to see and like a domino, each of them slowly started breaking down, making the whole concert hall turn into a sobbing mess too.

Your wish will truly come true if you wished hard enough. After they bowed in gratitude to the fans’ endless support, he looked around the crowd to savor this beautiful moment. There, he saw her again. He widened his eyes as he could not believe what he just saw and also to take a good look to make sure that it was indeed her. This time he was sure that he was no longer daydreaming, he knew it was her.

Her lips beautifully curved, smiling proudly at her boys. She was then looking back at him with a red nose and her tear-filled eyes and it was like time stopped for the both of them when their eyes met. 


I really had no idea each time I wanna update this ff. I read and reread this whole story a few times and this was only the little bit of essence I could get from wrecking my brain for ideas. I wonder if this story is up to your expectation and forgive me if this is not a really good one compared to all the others out there.