Tired

Rumours Started It All

HyunJung's POV

While I was checking out the photos, I realised DongHae is not playing with the guys anymore. He was together with them when they got home, I wonder where is he now. I left the boys in the living room to look for him. I walk through the corridor and went straight towards the direction of his room. From outside, I can hear him talking on his phone. With G.Ae again. I sighed but then brace myself and knock on his door. He look up at me then looked away. "Ne, nado saranghae," he smiled and ended his call. He walked towards his bed and sat down, back-facing me.

"Hae, you okay? I didn't see you with the others just now, that's why I came, thinking that you will be here after a long day." He must be tired after such a long day of schedules.

He just replied me with, "Hmm."

"You know you can tell me anything, I'm willing to listen." I assured him. I'll always be there for him. I love him too much to leave him.

"There are more photos of us circulating on the net now and G.Ae doesn't seem to be happy about it. Why are you so careless?" You were the one who first posted our photo and created the crazy rumour, and now what's wrong with adding a few more photos to their collection? I didn't say it out loud because I don't want to get into an argument with him again.

I closed my eyes then open again while turning to him, "S-sorry Hae, I was careless and my phone got into the hands of the fans. I will be more careful next time." I tried to smile at him but what I got was his cold stare, which I never experienced before. 

"I hope there won't be a next time. One more thing," his stare got more intense and it seems scarier because he looks angry, "why do you have to hit my fans? You can just get your phone back from them nicely but why do you have to hit them?"

"Wha-what? I-I didn't hit the-" he cut me without giving me a chance to explain. 

"Do you know that you can ruin everything if any of these nonsense get to the media?" 

"I will not do any of those unless necessary, you know me Hae!" I was desperate to explain because I don't want DongHae to misunderstand.

"I DON'T KNOW YOU ANYMORE! The Park HyunJung I knew would not do anything of those sort. I have reliable sources so you don't even have to try to deny!" He raised his voice again.

"Oh yeah, so what evidence do you have that makes you so confident of accusing me?"

"G.Ae told me th-" I finally lost it. I cannot take it anymore.

"G.AE, G.AE, IT'S ALWAYS G.AE NOW! YOU BELIEVE HER SO MUCH NOW DON'T YOU?! THEN WHY DON"T YOU ASK HER WHAT SHE SAID TO ME HUH?" Tears of anger welled up in my eyes. This is the first time I shouted at him but I cannot tolerate with his attitude anymore.

"Why can't I trust what she said?! She my girlfriend! Why can't you understand?!"

"Yeah, she's your girlfriend and I'm only your best friend," I feel like my heart is being ripped apart when this came out of my own mouth, "actually, I don't know if I am still your best friend at all." I did not want to believe it before. I guess I have no choice but to accept the fact that things changed. "I give up, I am not gonna care anymore, don't come to me again if you have anymore trouble."

I walked out of the room to only bump into KyuHyun at the door. I saw him glared at DongHae and he dragged me away from his room, towards the door and to the elevator. I was quiet the whole time. The tears I held up did not spill. I refuse to cry again. I am tired of crying. I am tired of all these. I guess I have to take back what I said before, I cannot be there for him anymore. He would rather trust his girl and not me, his best friend of many years, so what is the use being there for him anyway when he won't even see me?