Memories

Rumours Started It All

“WHAT?!”

HyunJung stared at him, dumbfounded.

“What? We two just had dinner with my parent right?”

“Hahaha! Just look at your face HyunJung-ssi! How can I not tease you each time I see you? HAHAHA!”

JaeHwan burst out into a fit of uncontrollable laughter after seeing HyunJung’s genuinely shocked face. Teasing the girl beside him was truly entertaining.

“Just relax HyunJung-ssi. Don’t be so uptight. It was only meant as a joke. You’re being too serious. Besides, it’s a fact that WE just had dinner with my parent, right? Unless…”

“Yah! Just send me home if you are going to talk about nonsense here!”

HyunJung turned away from him and faced the windows, watching all the tall buildings that they passed by around this beautiful city.

Without HyunJung knowing, they have arrived at the beach.

“What are we doing here? I thought you’re sending me home?”

HyunJung asked, seemingly to have calmed down compared to a while ago.

“Hmm, I just feel like coming here, and isn’t it great to have a company?” JaeHwan gave her his charming smile once again, causing HyunJung to roll her eyes. They got down the car and HyunJung walked straight towards the beach with JaeHwan following behind.

“I have always loved coming to the beach. The smell of the salty seawater; the wind in my face and the gentle roar of the sea waves all combine to create a peace and calming effect to the heart. It was as if it is making all the worries and problems go away.”

JaeHwan said and look up at the sky filled of stars. HyunJung too raised her head and hummed in agreement with what he said.

“It brings back memories too, memories that you wish to forget but never will and it will forever be etched in your heart.”

Feeling the cold wind breezing past her face, she closed her eyes and a small bitter smile tugs on the corner of her lips as those beautiful memories of the past slowly swarmed back to her.

~Flashback~

“Oppa!”

HyunJung called out to DongHae and KyuHyun who were busy fighting about who should buy the drinks.

“YAH!”

The two guys shouted at her in unison as they shuddered from the cold seawater HyunJung splashed at them. She laughed at them and decided to run away before the two take their revenge.

The company had given the boys a break after they finished their promotion for ‘BONAMANA’. All of them decided to have a vacation in Busan with HyunJung since they were really busy during the promotion and was not able to spend much time together.

HyunJung ran towards EunHyuk, who was busy taking photographs of the breathtaking scenery of the Haeundae beach, and hid behind him, using him as her shield when seeing the two guys coming her way. She screamed and giggled non-stop when KyuHyun grabbed her hands, which were tightly holding onto the hem of EunHyuk’s muscle tank, trapping EunHyuk in between.

“Oppa! Hahaha! Help meee!”

She kept holding onto EunHyuk’s shirt, making him go round with her each time KyuHyun tried to get her. EunHyuk turned around and faced HyunJung, trying to protect her but exchanged a knowing smirk with DongHae, who was watching the three with an amused smile, before wrapping his arms around her. DongHae then came over and tickled her sides while she was still trapped in EunHyuk’s arms, making her squirm and cracked up. The three of them then lifted her and brought her near the waters.

“YAH OPPA DON’T! I’M SORR-“

Before she even finished her sentence, they tossed her into the water and laughed. When she got out from the water, she gave them a stern glare which did not really scare them.

“Oopps!”

They then ran away towards the direction of the other guys who were lazing around. HyunJung then stormed towards them while still sulking over the fact that they ganged up on her.

“UMMA! They bullied me!”

She pretended to cry and pointed at the three culprits who were holding in their laughter.

“YAH! Who dares bully my precious daughter?!”

HeeChul shot glares at the three before starting to chase them down the along the shore. HyunJung and the others laughed when she saw the terrified expression on the trio’s faces. No one tries to offend HeeChul. Though intimidating, HeeChul’s stamina failed him. He soon gave up and panted heavily, as he could not catch up with the three youngsters. They then returned to where HyunJung and the other boys were at.

After a few more hours of having fun under the sun, they all gathered together back at the resort for a barbeque dinner. HyunJung was fooling around with the noisy bunch of guys, namely, HeeChul, KyuHyun, KangIn and EunHyuk while others were either busy preparing food or drinks.

“HyunJung-ah! Get your crazy right here! The yummy food is ready!”

DongHae shouted for her with a plate of food on each of his hands. HyunJung excitedly ran over to him while smiling widely.

“Uwahhh! Smells so good! Gomawo oppa!”

She grinned at him as he delightedly handed her a plate of the hot food. She did not hesitate and started to gobble down her food.

“Hey! Slow down! You don’t wanna get choked, do you?”

DongHae scolded to which she only flashed him a goofy smile with full. He cannot help but let out a laugh seeing his best friend’s childish behavior.

~End of flashback~

HyunJung let a happy sigh escape from in between her lips after a short walk down her memory lane. It is funny how when you do not want to think about someone or something but you always end up letting your mind wander to them. 

JaeHwan glanced at the smiling HyunJung and he too let out a smile. The girl looks so carefree at the moment unlike the usual uptight one. If he were to choose, he would choose the laid-back and smiley HyunJung. It fits her so much more and makes her more beautiful than she already is. However, he can see that though she was smiling, there was a tint of sadness hidden beneath. It was really subtle and many would have missed it but definitely not JaeHwan since that guy has been observing her since the day they met which was just weeks ago.

“Mind talking about your problem?”

“Huh?”

HyunJung was baffled by his question. Am I that easy to read?

JaeHwan then repeated what he said and she just kept quiet and told him that it was nothing. He did not buy her lies but decided that he was in no place to know about her problems. He glanced at her once more, before shifting his attention back to the dark sky.

I just hope that we could be friends..


So sorry for the late update! Finally had my last practical exam today and theory exam starts in a week’s time! T.T

I watched MAMA earlier but Super Junior wasn’t there! ): Just hope they comeback soon with their KOREAN album! But, oh well, EXO for Album of the year!!!!