New friend, perhaps?

Rumours Started It All

"So your name is HyunJung and you're from Korea?"

She nodded uninterested as she kept looking out the windows and her watch.

"Look, if you're finished, can I leave already?"

HyunJung questioned, clearly irritated the guy sitting in front of her.

"Well, you didn't ask for my name yet."

He just grinned back at her with both his elbows resting on the table in front of him, palms supporting his chin.

What is wrong with him?

HyunJung responded by rolling her eyes at him. Wanting to leave this place as soon as possible, she retorted, "well, you would have told me your name willingly if you wanted me to know."

"Nah~ It's rude you know, a young girl like you-" HyunJung glared at him, "treating someone like he is totally invisible and not even asking for his name. It's a basic respect. And I just wanna be friend with you!" 

"Okay, sir, if you don't mind me asking, what . is . your . name?"

HyunJung faked a saccharine sweet smile and said sarcastically.

The guy tapped his chin with his fingers and asked back while feigning to ponder, "hmm.. Should I let you know?" 

"Arghhh! What is wrong with you?!"

Seeing the annoyed girl sitting across him made the man chuckle.

Cute~ He thought.

"Hahaha! I was just joking! I am Kim JaeHwan."

He held out a hand for HyunJung to shake but she just stared at him, thinking that he has a weird personality. 

Based on his name, so he is a Korean too?

JaeHwan shot a look at HyunJung insisting for her to shake his hand. HyunJung hesitated to do so and just continue shooting weird glances at him. He then grabbed her hands by force and shook it and gave her his thousand watt smile after that, wanting to annoy the girl further.

"You're a Korean too?"

HyunJung asked out of sudden curiosity. She thought that he didn't look Korean because of his skin tone and the way he spoke. It was just like any other Singaporean. JaeHwan's smile widened then it slowly turned into a smirk and he snapped his fingers.

"I knew it! I knew you wanted to know more about me!"

This caused HyunJung to roll her eyes once again. She had already lost count of the number of times she did this action today because of this particular annoying and conceited guy sitting across her.

"Oh please! Just treat it as I did not ask the question!"

JaeHwan thinks that she is cute and funny when she is annoyed and had already grew fond of irritating her in this short amount of time. HyunJung just crossed her arms and looked out of the window again when she saw a large poster of the few young and handsome lads whom she had missed so much, though she did not really show it these past few days.

"Haha! Yes HyunJung-ssi, but I'm only a half-Korean."

He spoke in Korean, not noticing that HyunJung's attention was not on him.

-

A few days later, she met Mr. Kim to continue discussing about their partnership. 

Even though they had already agreed to work together, they still have to plan the outline for the restaurant and everything, including the cost and other legal matters before the work starts. They may not need to meet each other in person to talk about such minor matters because they have other staffs or assistants to help them, but since Mr. Kim is a perfectionist, he likes to be involved and make sure that everything goes well. So, the best way is for him to do the planning and discussing personally. Another reason is that HyunJung is also a Korean, and he thinks that they would be able to understand each other better, so he requested for her to do the planning with him. HyunJung agreed, since she thought it was not a bad idea and she would also like to form good relationships with her clients.

“You should meet my son someday. He is a part of the company too. I am sure you guys will work well together in times when I’m not around, since you both are young and capable.”

Mr Kim told HyunJung when she was walking with him to his car together with SeoEun. HyunJung let out a light humble chuckle, looking back at the older man.

"Sure, I look forward to working with your son."

She then smiled and waved him goodbye as he stepped into the car.

"From the look in Mr. Kim's eyes when he was talking to you, it seems like he wants to hook you up with his son."

SeoEun leaned near to HyunJung and whispered when Mr. Kim's chauffer closed the door and walked back to the drivers' seat. 

"Yah! Unnie! He just wants me to work with him! Let's get back! I still have so much work to do!"

SeoEun laughed and continued teasing her and the both of them bickered their way back to the office. This is what SeoEun will do to help her relieve some stress. She likes HyunJung as her little sister and feels sad to see her behaving like a workaholic when she had ceased to contact the boys. She likes to see her all smiley and friendly just like before and she wants to help to bring the old HyunJung back even though she knows that only a particular group of boys could. Nonetheless, she tried her best, though the actions are small, HyunJung could feel it and she was really grateful. She cannot deny that SeoEun's presence indeed cheered her up a little each time she feels down.

-

HyunJung sat on the couch with her cup of blueberry tea and a few documents after getting a shower. She suddenly remembered something she saw a few days ago.

Should I go or should I not?

After contemplating for so long, HyunJung finally struggled her way out of her dilemma and made a decision. She then searched though her contacts in her phone and called SeoEun.

"Unnie! I'm sorry to disturb you out of office hours but I need your help to book me some tickets!"


You guys are smart, and I know it wouldn't take too long for you people to find out the role of the new character! ^^ Maybe?

Kyu and Hae will appear again soon! :D