The Not Very Smart Cookie

Snow White and the Seven Infinites
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, Kae In woke up in the middle of the afternoon as a result of serious jetlag. When she and the guys arrived home, everyone went straight to bed without a word. She shuffled groggily to the bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face, and made her way to the kitchen to find something to eat. Sunggyu was sitting by the kitchen counter scrolling aimlessly on his phone and sipping from a mug. "Someone finally decided to wake up," Sunggyu chuckled, looking up from his phone to look at Kae In. "I feel like I got run over by a semi-truck," Kae In groaned, scratching the back of her head. "You're not the only one," Sunggyu chuckled, "the rest of the guys have been randomly waking up and going back to sleep. We'll eventually fix our sleeping schedules." "Is everyone still sleeping?" Kae In asked, receiving a nod from Sunggyu. "Sungjong and Sungyeol just woke up to drink some water. They went back to sleep a couple of minutes ago," Sunggyu answered, looking back down at his phone. "Are you not affected at all?" Kae In turned to look at Sunggyu with furrowed brows. Sunggyu shook his head. "My family and I travel a lot, so I've learned to recover from jetlag fairly quickly," he explained as Kae In sighed. "I'm jealous," Kae In huffed as Sunggyu just laughed.

 

After thirty minutes of staying awake, Kae In grew to be fully awake. "Oppa, I'm bored," Kae In complained, lying her head down on the countertop and stirring her tea with a spoon. "What do you wanna do then, hm?" Sunggyu askked without looking up at his phone. "I don't knowww," Kae In slurred, complaining like a small child. "Well, I'm willing to do anything with you but you have to decide what we're gonna do because I have no ideas," Sunggyu replied. Kae In huffed and walked to the fridge. She always liked to snack on something when she was bored, so she browsed through the fridge to see if she could find anything interesting. "No, no, no . . ." Kae In mumbled to herself as her eyes wandered past numerous food items. "Hmm . ." Kae In's eyes landed on a bucket of cookie dough from when she and Sunggyu went to the supermarket. "Let's make cookies, oppa!" She lugged the slightly heavy bucket out of the fridge and placed it on the countertop. "I almost forgot we had that!" Sunggyu chuckled as he set down his phone and walked over to Kae In. "We're making two separate batches because you said your baking skills are better than mine, so we'll finally settle who's the best today!" Kae In smiled devilishly as Sunggyu gave her a look. "I'm always up for a challenge," Sunggyu declared, "even though there isn't really much of a challenge when I'm going to win!"

 

While the two were preparing to bake, Woohyun, Myungsoo, and Sungjong woke up because of Kae In and Sunggyu's loud bickering. "What are you guys doing?" Woohyun asked, yawning as he sat on the other side of the counter to watch Kae In adn Sunggyu. Sungjong and Myungsoo sat next to Woohyun without a word, rubbing their eyes. "Kae In got bored so she challenged me to see who could bake better cookies," Sunggyu answered without looking up at Woohyun, as he was busy rolling the cookie dough into balls. "Hyung, you're putting them too close to each other," Sungjong commented, blinking innocently as he stared at Sunggyu's process. "Hey, don't question the professional! I know what I'm doing," Sunggyu snapped, shooting Sungjong a glare. Sungjong looked at Myungsoo and Woohyun, shaking his head and snickering. After a short while, the rest of the guys came out of their rooms from being wide awake. "Hey, oppa! You can't eat cookie dough like that, you'll get sick!" Kae In scolded when she spotted Sunggyu eating a pinch of cookie dough. "I won't," Sunggyu smiled as Kae In rolled her eyes before continuing to place more cookie balls onto the metal platter.

 

The guys were in the living room watching tv and playing games while Sunggyu and Kae In were busy making cookies and bickering with one another. Once both platters were in the oven, they sat next to the countertop, their eyes never lea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter