28. Living Without You

Beauty within a B2stly zoo

Two months later

“And now we are about to announce the winner of Inkigayo.” The female MC said to the screaming audience. Everyone who stood on stage waited anxiously as the three top places were revealed to be Beast with their repackaged album and the new single Dream, BoA with Man makes me Crazy and Sistar with Hey there. The scores went up and down; Beast stood together their arms around each other while Sistar gave their opponents thumbs up.

“It’s Beast!” The MC’s said together and the guys all were taken back, Sistar cheered for them while BoA hugged the members as Hyunseung accepted the trophy for them. Dongwoon lifted his head up, his hand over his mouth. Kikwang looked tearfully at Junhyung whose eyes had already begun to water. Yoseob was given the microphone.

“Oh wow,” he said blinking quickly, “umm, I know we have been gone for a while and we apologize for that. Thank you to everyone who participated in the album, we are grateful,” he gave it to Hyunseung while he started to cry on Doojoon.

“Thank you to the choreographers,” Hyunseung said with a shaky voice, “and for hyung G Dragon for writing the raps. I love you hyung.” Next it was Junhyung.

“Thank you everyone, I love you Beauties!” The fans screamed.

“For the hard work and for President Hong not giving up on us, we are grateful,” Kikwang said, the most stable of them all.

“I love you Beauties!” Dongwoon said with Kikwang holding the microphone to his mouth. He then gave it to Doojoon who was dabbing his eyes like mad.

“Uh, to my family and friends thank you for the love and support you gave me. To Beauties I love you all. I am grateful to sunbae Hong for being able to come back here and to be on stage doing what I love with my five brothers,” he hesitated, swallowing before he finished, “Dongwoon-ah, Junhyung-ah, Hyunseung-ah, Yoseob-ah and Kikwang-ah I love you guys,” he breathed out, his eyes stinging. They all came around and had a group hug.

“Aww it’s been a while since we’ve seen them but they did well today,” the male MC told the audience.

“Congratulations to Beast once again on their first win in a while.”

“Stay tuned for next week.”

“Goodbye,” the MC’s left the stage while the other acts came around and gave their congratulations to Beast. Sistar bowed to them and they greeted Hyorin and Bora casually as to not draw any particular attention to the event.

***

A middle aged couple sat on outside the ward, waiting for the doctor to return from his check.
"Well, how is she?" The man asked as soon as the white coat was spotted.

"She's stable like normal," the doctor explained. "We're going to be doing more tests and see if we can get a specialist to come?"

"A specialist?" The eyes of the woman widened in worry and her husband put an arm around her.

"Sir, please... My daughter's been in an coma for an unknown reason for two months and you're already resorting to extreme measures?"

"There is something that may be hard for you both but you two will have to consider it. Think of what would be best for her." They knew too well what this was and their nods were a glum echo of a reality they did not want to face.

"Alright, thank you doctor," the father told him as they they watched the carer of their daughter go to speak to a nurse.

"Who are you calling dear?" He was curious to his wife's call.

"Her friends will want to know."

***

"Hello, oh hello how is she?" Hyorin sat down at the table in the girls dorm.

"She's still the same."


"Ah so no sign of improvement?"

"Yes," the woman on the end of the line sighed.


"Are you alright?" Hyorin asked her, alarmed. The woman just gave a sad smile as she continued to talk to Hyorin.


"It's nothing... But I just wanted to thank you two again for being with Sookyung while we weren't there." Hyorin took a moment to pinch the corners of her eyes. She didn't like being reminded of her friends' close to death experience. It would have been harder for the parents too. "S-sure, I'll tell Bora you called. Can we visit her soon?"

"You may see her at any time," Sookyungs' mother assured her. "I'd better let you go, have a good week, goodbye." Hyorin let out a rushed sigh of relief as she heard the dial tone again. Bora walked into the living room, a bowl of ready-make noodles in her hands. She looked different in her white cropped pants, orange jersey with her hair in a loose plait. "Did you speak to Sookyung's mum again?"

"Yeah," Hyorin nodded, "she sounds so tired poor thing. There's been no difference in her condition." Bora understood this, almost smiled but it would have been glum. Stirring the noodles in the broth she took some time to think. "Do you think... That the guys should know?" That thought hadn't crossed Hyorin's mind. True Yoseob had asked about it though it was for the sake of his hyung she hadn't exactly answered his enquiry.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt if they did," Hyorin thoughtfully decided. "Seeing as their promotions are finished for the week." Bora grabbed Hyorin's phone and pushed it towards her friend. "So call him."

"Why don't you call Junhyung oppa?!"

"Because..." She folded her arms and pouted, "because we're taking a break."

"Why are you two on a break?!"

"I saw a tweet to someone.... A girl," this made Hyorin's jaw drop open.

"Gosh, did you read what it said?"

"No by the time I did he had already sent it." Bora sighed ruffling her hair. "It ... Being in a relationship I mean."

"Oh don't be silly Bora-yah," Hyorin patted her friend on the shoulder. "You two can work things out."

"And how has it been for you anyway?" Hyorin retracted, not amused by the turning of tables. "Have you two even kissed yet?" Bora waited impatiently for an answer. Hyorin didn't say anything.

"It's not because he doesn't want to," she retorted back. "It's the fact that he's waiting for the right time."

"Is that what you call it?"

"Shut up," she closed . Hyorin hadn't said that to Bora in a while. With regret she showed that she was sorry through her expression.

"I know," Bora managed to loosen up too. "We're both worried about her. That witch hasn't been seen since, things are slow with Yoseob. I'm seperated from Junhyung while Doojoon..."

"--Is beating himself up about it," Hyorin finished for her. They both sighed.

"Go and call him," Bora told her. With no protests Hyorin dialled the number and waited for the answer.

***

"Congratulations boys," their manager told them as they sat in the restaurant and chimed their glass drinks together. Yoseob put his down fast as his phone began to ring.

"Oh who's calling you?" Kikwang nudged him in the side. Yoseob pushed him hard nearly sending him flying.

"Hello Yoseob here."

"Hey, it's me."

"Hyorin-ah," the ears of the other guys perked up. "H-how are you? I've missed you."

"Yeah I've missed you too," her laugh on the other end of the line bought warmth into his cheeks.

"How are the other members?"

"Oh Soyu and Dasom are asleep. Bora-yah's here with me."

"Ah I see," Yoseob turned his head to the right at Junhyung. "Did she want to speak with him?" Junhyung mouthed his 'no' to make it obvious.

"That's ok, she said another time," the guys started chuckling as soon as they heard this. Yoseob glanced at Doojoon who was listening to their manager while begrudginly eat.
"How's Sookyung-ah?" Doojoon lifted his head up. "Please Hyorin-ah. Just tell us, we're worried about her too."

"--Nothing has changed with her." Her quick response surprised them all especially Yoseob. "The doctor's getting anxious so he's getting a specialist to look at her..."

"--That's it?"

"--Which hospital is she at?" Dongwoon dropped his fork in alarm.

"Doojoon-ah," Yoseob could feel sympathy for his friend. "Hyorin-ah, can we know? So we can see her just once?"

"Alright, I'll send u the details in a text."

"Thank you," the least he could do was sound grateful.

"On the condition..." Yoseob paused to hear her out.

"I'll do anything you want."

"We go out sometime." Yoseob had to put a finger in his ear as Kikwang and Junhyung started to whistle and cheer for him. They even got their maknae in on the act.

"Deal," he agreed with no hesitation.

"Good, I'll see you then, bye."

"Bye my lovely," she'd hung up before he'd said that. A moment later his phone went off with a text message notification.

"Is that where it is?" Dongwoon leaned on his shoulder to read it.

"Yeah." Yoseob then stood and went to Doojoon so he could read it too.

"Thank you," Doojoon faced their manager. "Hyung, do we have anything on Tuesday afternoon?"

"You do have one recording at ten thirty but you should be done by two thirty." Doojoon nodded.

"Alright, we'll visit her then."

*******************************************************************************************************************************

6/5/12

Aren't I such a good writer? I updated in two days despite having to write this chapter from scratch >_<

The end is coming but not too sure when seeing as I have a bit more left to reveal. Bear with me and thank you