24. No Way

Beauty within a B2stly zoo

The day came to meet up with Hea-woo. No one wanted to go but they had no choice, this was their last opportunity to possibly come to a compromise with the grudged girl. “Are we ready?” Yoseob asked as everyone gathered in the living room. It was an hour before sunset.

“Hmm, let’s see,” Junhyung jokingly started to count everyone until Bora nudged him in the side.

“Let’s just assume that everyone is here,” she said.

“Um no that is not true unnie, Sookyung is not here,” Hyorin argued and the room became less noisy.

“So where would she be?” Yoseob asked impatient. Hyorin put a hand on his shoulder.

“She’s probably still getting ready,” Hyorin said, I will go and check on her.” Yoseob nodded. The pair had been taking things slowly with their relationship. Little physical contact but they'd been talking a lot more than normal. Hyorin went upstairs to find her tying up her hair.

“Hey, we are going now.” Sookyung held her hair in the air to pause and listen.

“Sure I will be right there.” She did the final step, letting it fall into a ponytail of waves. And then she went after Hyorin downstairs.

“Ok so are we all here?” They nodded, Doojoon saw Sookyung from across the room. For a second she lifted her head as if she'd heard her name but he turned his head, unable to look her in the eyes. “Let’s go meet our destiny then!” Yoseob said punching a fist in the air.

***

They went over the stepping stone path that the girls had been across before. Hyunseung saw that Sookyung was walking next to Dongwoon who was being an excited fox today. “Hey is it ok if I speak to her?” He asked Dongwoon. The fox nodded and bounded faster to catch up with Kikwang and Doojoon to give those two a bit of time alone. “Hey,” Hyunseung told her being friendly. She gave him a small smile.

“I know what I did was wrong,” Hyunseung began. “I guess instead of sending those messages I should have just told you.” Sookyung nodded, agreeing with this.

“It’s ok,” she added. “I guess you weren't sure of when to say something.”

“Well, I still like you but I won't try anything else like that again.” He assured here smiling though it was half hearted. “So I won't get in the way of you and Doojoon.” Sookyung slowed her pace.

“Sookyung what is it?” She closed for a moment before beginning to talk.

“We aren’t going to be together,” she said. “...I can’t be with someone I can’t trust.” Unfortunately Doojoon managed to hear this. He staggered in his step like he'd sustained a head injury. Kikwang watched his hyung.

“Hey Doojoon-ah, is there something wrong with you?” Doojoon shook his head to cover it up.

“No I’m fine,” he was quick to lie.

Hyunseung gave her a puzzled look. “So you don’t like him at all?” Sookyung nodded.

“That’s right.”

“You are lying,” Hyunseung rebutted shaking his head. “You do like him, why won’t you admit it?”

“Why should we start something when I won’t be able to count on his word?” Sookyung asked as they kept walking, this time going at a slower stride. “You can’t base a relationship on deception. Everyone knows that.” Hyunseung agreed with what she said though remorse plagued him for Doojoon.

“Can’t you,  possibly change your mind?” Sookyung seemed to be on the verge of tears.

“I might, but might not...” She finished and they both just continued to walk in silence.

***

They came to the designated spot but there was no sign of the girl who had cursed them. A breeze blew on the beach sending shivers down Hyorin and Bora’s spines. Their guys put an arm around them to help prevent the cold air. They all stood, impatiently waiting. “This is a joke,” Kikwang snapped after they still were in the silence. Dongwoon suddenly swore. Doojoon cuffed him in the back of his head.“You shouldn’t say such things Dongwoon-ah!”

“Sorry but I just remembered what if she tries to contact us? She won’t be able to because I’m the only one who has her number and vice versa.”

“So why is it such a big deal?” Yoseob questioned as Hyorin leaned against him, using him as a shield from the cold.

“My phone is back at the house.” There were groans and sighs of exasperation.

“You left your phone?!” Doojoon shook his head at Dongwoon, “Aigoo now what will we do?”

“I will have to go back and get it.”

“No, you’re needed here so you can talk to her on behalf of us. Someone else can get it.”

“I will go,” they all stared at Sookyung. This was the first time that she had ever volunteered.

“What? No, no way you’ll get lost!” Hyorin protested strongly.

“I have the best sense of direction out of us girls.” Sookyung argued with her. “Besides all of the members need to stay in case she arrives when I am gone.” Hyorin looked at Doojoon, pleading with her eyes to him.

“It’s her choice,” Hyorin shrank back. “I can’t make her stay if she doesn’t want to.” He finally looked at Sookyung, the girl whom he valued a lot.

“Do you know where it is?” He asked simply, straining to give her eye contact. She shook her head.

“It should be beside my bed. Plugged into the charger, you can’t miss it.” Sookyung nodded to Dongwoon, checking her own phone was .

“I’ll be back.”

“But wait can’t one of us at least go with you for some of the way?” Hyorin desperately suggested tugging on her friends arm. Sookyung pulled her arm away from Hyorin’s grasp.
“Yoseob-ah will need you if worse comes to worse and the same goes for Bora,” Bora looked up at Junhyung who was next to her. He tightened his clasp on her hand. Hyorin had other things she wanted to say but she knew that Sookyung wasn't going to listen to anymore of it. Resignedly she agreed. “Well ok but be careful,” Hyorin stepped aside for Sookyung. They all watched as she left, Doojoon not wanting to see her back disappear into the dimming light.

 

******************************

3/5/12

Another edit and another sort-of cliff hanger. Happy belated birthday to Jinwoon from 2AM. I always thought you were younger than me XD but it looks like I was wrong XD.