11. Easy

Beauty within a B2stly zoo

“So we have the solution!” Junhyung cheered as they gathered around the dinner table that night, “we just need to do acts of kindness like that crazy fan girl said.”

“H-hold on,” Dongwoon suddenly became interested. “ so you finally admit it is a fan girl?” His eyes lit up, proud that they were finally starting to listen.

“Yes she would be the evil fan girl then!”

“You’re not thinking straight.” Doojoon told him. “She could have just been peeved at something one of us did. That doesn't make her evil!”

“Wouldn't that give her a reason to curse us?” Doojoon hit the palm of his hand against his forehead in annoyance.

“Aigoo you are all being crazy!” He left the room to clear his head. The other members turned to Sookyung. She already knew what they were going to ask of her and she wasn't looking forward to it. “Do you want me to talk to him?” They simultaneously nodded.

“Would you please?” Yoseob asked. Hyunseung played with a fish he caught pretending not to listen. Sookyung let out a breath, “I suppose.” Yoseob smiled in relief. “Thank you, we know he will listen to you.”

“I highly doubt that,” she said to herself as she went to look for him. She wondered when she had suddenly become close to oppa…  No he was Doojoon; oops her mistake.

A thought came to her mind, maybe he was in his room. She walked upstairs slowing her breath so she could hear him. Indeed she heard some music faintly playing somewhere. She walked to the door and pressed an ear against it. The sad but beautiful song sounded like it was a song by a male group. It sounded rather familiar to Sookyung. She took a deep breath and knocked.

***

Doojoon lifted his head as he heard knuckles against the door. He placed what he was doing beside the bed, the music still playing.

“It’s open,” he said expecting it to be one of the other members. He was surprised when he saw Sookyung enter.

“Sorry," she apologised quickly starting to re-trace her steps to leave. "It looks like you’re busy.” Doojoon shook his head.

“Its fine, take a seat,” he gestured to the bed. Sookyung was tempted to decline but Doojoon obviously wanted to get back to what he was doing. Sookyung gingerly sat herself down, he moved his toy, an IPod touch towards her so she could see. Five men were on stage, all singing a very beautiful song. They were handsome in their suits. Their faces were expressing the lyrics of the song quite well. Sookyung knew who they were.
“Dong bang shi ki,” she said softly. Doojoon nodded biting his lip slightly.

“This was before… You know.” Sookyung understood.

“It was a shame things had to result to that,” she said softly

“While we weren’t in the same company as them,” Doojoon began, “we still admired them for their talent. We are nowhere near as good as they are; even now they are divided.” Sookyung nodded.

“But you are musicians in your own right, be proud of that.” She managed to say. Doojoon just sighed.

“I wonder how he was feeling back then,” Doojoon meant the man that the camera was now doing a close up of. Sookyung knew he was the leader of the group. “As the leader of a group, you want to do everything you can in your power to keep all your members together no matter what. But how hard must it be to know that you also have a responsibility to do the right thing. Even if that thing is to let them go.” Sookyung was touched by his honest words. She found it hard to think of what to say as her reply.

“I think that it’s one of the reasons why people admire him so. He gave them a choice he didn’t have to give. They made their own decision with the whole situation. I think you are right with saying that it must have been hard for him. People must take his feelings for granted sometimes.”  sadly Doojoon nodded.

“I don’t know about this whole evil fan girl theory.”

“You sound afraid that they’ll be let down,” Sookyung elaborated to which he agreed.

“They’ve been so… Lifeless since they became animals. Nothing really motivated them.” he turned back to her. “And then you came with your friends; you gave them something enjoyable to think about instead. Now what happened to Yoseob-ah has given them a hope. I don’t want them to be disappointed.” Sookyung lifted a hand. she hesitated for a second not knowing what to do. In the end she placed it on his shoulder.

“Well, Yunho couldn’t stop their fans from being disappointed. But at least he can be assured that he did what he could and you will have that too. No matter what the end result.”  Doojoon looked at her. Her kindness silently moved him.

“It won’t be easy,” he gave a small laugh as he shrugged her hand off his shoulder. “But we are Beast and Beast can do it.” Sookyung nodded, glad that he was feeling better.

***

“So did you get to talk to Doojoon?” Yoseob asked as he cleaned up with Sookyung helping.

“Yeah, he seems a lot better than before.”

“Good,” Yoseob added, Sookyung thought she saw a mischievous sparkle in his eye.

“What are you thinking of?”

“Oh nothing,” Yoseob had a smirk on his face. Sookyung's expression became more serious. “Yeah its nothing,” Yoseob saw she was trying to mentally interrogate him. She wasn't going to give up that easily so he decided he may as well.

“Do you like Doojoon?” Sookyung raised her eyebrows up in defiance. “That's what you wanted to ask?”

“Please,” Yoseob said drying a plate, “you can tell me the truth.” Sookyung hesitated.

“In what way do I like him?”

“Well… You know the girlfriend and boyfriend way.”  Sookyung stopped for a moment to think over her answer. She then told him, “I don’t think I do.” his face fell. “Oh ok.”

“Why are you looking glum?” Sookyung asked, afraid she'd upset him somehow.

“I was just hoping it was true,” she blinked, taking a step back in surprise.

“You want it to be…?” Sookyung didn’t know what to think. “I admit that I am more comfortable with him than I was before.”

“Well,” Yoseob began. “We won’t mind if you end up dating him…”

“Dating who?” They both looked at Hyunseung who came into the room. Sookyung glanced away raising his suspicions. “No one,” she said with Yoseob expressing his objection.

“Ah ok, I was just curious that’s all,” Hyunseung said scrambling onto a seat. “hey Sookyung-ah are you interested in playing a game later on?”

“Um maybe not tonight,” Sookyung yawned. “I’m rather tired and would like to get an early night. Thanks for the invite anyway.”

“Ok then,” Hyunseung was disappointed though he didn’t show it.

“I think we are done,” Yoseob told her as he wiped his hands on the tea towel.

“Ok I should go then,” Yoseob nodded.

“Alright, goodnight,” Hyunseung lifted his head the moment Yoseob told her.

“Good night to you both,” she said before she left.

***

In her bed she sat staring up at the ceiling, it was weird to think that she was here again. Now she could take a break. And she got along with Doojoon. It had taken a while, it didn't help she was a very quiet and withdrawn person. But it looked like that he finally understood that and she was beginning to open up a bit more.

“I guess I was mistaken about him,” she said to herself as she laid down and snuggling in the blanket. The room felt lonely now that Hyorin and Bora were still away in Japan.

“Well, good night everyone,” he eyes slowly fluttered shut. She was unaware of Doojoon standing by her door; intending to say good night if only he'd arrived earlier. He smiled to himself, watching her breathe in and out gently. There was always something about a girl sleeping that some guys liked to view.

“Good night… Sookyung-ah,” he said before walking away, closing the door behind him.

(I felt kind of sad while writing the bit about DBSK. I am a Yunho bias so obviously I would mention him more than the others XD. But regarding the whole split, I would like to say I am neutral for both groups. I listen to both HoMin and JYJ’s music so if u have a problem with that then tough :-P. I hope the best for all 5 of them and felt Doojoon could understand how Yunho would feel from them both being leaders in their groups oh yeah the macro should cheer u up XD)