20. Ugly Truth

Beauty within a B2stly zoo

“Good to see you've recovered.” Hyorin told Sookyung as they sat in their beds, getting ready to settle down while the rain still pattered down.

“Yeah seems like you're finally back on your feet,” Bora added.

"thanks,” Sookyung told them. A memory of a previous event bought her to silence. She suddenly heard herself crying. I’m such a burden here and then there was another voice who spoke to her. No way can I stay away from you she started to flush.

“What’s the matter?” Bora asked. Sookyung shook her head.

“I umm heard someone say something to me recently.”

“What did they say?”

“Um… Oh no I forgot it now,” her phone beeped from a text message.
“Oh another message?"

“They haven’t sent any recently.” Sookyung ignored that and flipped it open.

You are the only one for me

“what does this mean?” she began carefully , “Does someone like me?”

“Oh really?” This perked the curiosity of her friends, “who?”

“I don’t know,” Sookyung skimmed through the other texts she’d received from unknown party.“I called the number but when I did it went to their voicemail.”

“Ah well I guess just keep calling and wait until you get on to them.” Hyorin suggested. Sookyung nodded and closed the phone.

***

“So were you able to get onto Hea-woo?” Doojoon asked Dongwoon sitting opposite him as he sat at the table while Junhyung and Yoseob prepared the breakfast. Dongwoon shook his head. “I sent her an email last night before I went to bed and she hasn’t replied yet.” Dongwoon  sniffed the bacon before him, “hyung you burnt it,” he moaned at Yoseob.

“Aigoo I’m busy here Dongwoon-ah!” Yoseob retorted, continuing to place bacon on the plates. He glanced over his shoulder at the others; a spot on Doojoon’s right was empty. His arm was comfortably resting on the top of the chair. “Are you saving a seat hyung?” Doojoon blinked, not aware of his sub-concious actions. “Oh yeah,” he continued to pick at the bacon. There was a stretch of yawns from the girls as they came into the room, all three of them still sleepy.

“Ah it looked like it stopped raining,” Bora said seeing the sun shine before smiling at Junhyung. He winked back knowingly. Kikwang got everyone's attention by the fact his tongue was poking around the top row of his teeth. “What are you doing?” Yoseob raised his eyebrows while Junhyung showed Bora and Hyorin to a seat. He had it so that Bora was in between him and her friend.

“I think I have something in my teeth,” he said scowling when he couldn’t budge whatever was stuck.

“Here I have a mirror,” Bora took out a compact powder box and gave it to him. As he opened the lid the others saw the error of her gesture.

“Uh oh, Kwang-ah,” Yoseob exclaimed but it was too late. The compact powder fell on the floor.  White feathers burst everywhere before fluttered around the space where Kikwang had been sitting. As a peacock he gave an irritated cluck. Bora apologised immediately while the guys found the funny side of it. Doojoon who was only smiling at this scene spotted Sookyung hovering by the table, unsure of where to sit. He pulled out the chair that was vacant next to him. Hyunseung’s eyes narrowed.

“Here, have a seat.” Sookyung glanced around, waiting for an objection. There was none so she took the seat beside him. Yoseob handed her a plate of bacon.“Here,” Sookyung didn’t know what to say so she thanked him with a small smile and started to dig in.

“Wow aren’t you hungry?” Doojoon stated wiping his hands with paper towel. Sookyung sheepishly grinned at her friends and they started to laugh at her unforced aegyo. The members of Beast joined in; all but Hyunseung who was sitting at the table playing with his hands ignoring it on purpose.

***

The day went back slowly. The members of Beast relaxed with the girls. Junhyung showed Bora how to play a fighting game on their play station three while Yoseob sat with Hyorin, showing her an interview he had done for when he first came on the show Oh my School. Hyunseung was washing up in the kitchen and Dongwoon was sitting at the computer, waiting for an email from their least favourite person of all time. Sookyung had gone to have a shower and Doojoon was reading. Dongwoon gave an excited bark, everyone jumped as a result.

“Yah what is it?” Junhyung asked, annoyed he lost the round to Bora who had taken advantage of the distraction.

“She emailed me back,” Dongwoon clicked on the mouse with his paw. “it says… I am currently busy for the next three days…”

“Oh that’s just great,” Kikwang groaned preening his wings.

“However she is going to be in our home town on Saturday night as she has family who lives here.” Dongwoon turned away from the computer screen, “should I say yes?”

“Do what you want.” Doojoon told him flicking through pages, “do you have her phone number?”

“I do but…” Dongwoon’s bright expression suddenly faded. "I don't have a lot of phone credit." They all looked around.

"Doesn't Hyunseung have credit?"

“Yeah last I checked he’s on a good plan.”  Junhyung added, eyes glued to the television screen. Doojoon’s focus left his book for a moment to listen to them.

"So would he mind if we borrowed it?" Yoseob asked, taking his attention away from Hyorin. "We can pay him back however much it cost."

"Good idea," Dongwoon agreed before realising that he would need help due to his fox form.

“Ok would you mind bringing it down hyung?” Dongwoon asked Junhyung, “it takes ages for me to come up and down the stairs.”

“Umm I’m in the middle of something,” Junhyung pointed to the screen. “ask one of the others.”

“I’ll get it,” Doojoon volunteered, closing his book and placing it on the table beside the chair he was on. Dongwoon gave a happy bark.

"Thank you hyung."

“Ok, it’s beside his bed,” Junhyung told Doojoon. “As far as I'm aware that’s where he normally leaves it.” Doojoon nodded and left the room.

***

He went into Junhyung and Hyunseung’s room glancing around for where Hyunseung’s bed was. Their room was rather messy compared to where he stayed with the maknae. Junhyung’s bed had his headphones resting on the covers so he assumed that the other bed was Hyunseungs'. He opened the door to the other area and walked over to the bed. He saw the Samsung model with the touch screen plugged in and charging at one of the very few power points in the whole complex. He took the charger out and held it up. It was rather large for a phone, must have been for his paws to use when he was an otter. 

A thought crossed his mind. “He has been human since that night,” he murmured to himself swiping a finger along the screen. It allowed him access. His eyes gazed at the outside. it was clear and crisp for an early spring day. “We didn't even notice that it hasn’t been raining the whole time.” He stopped. There was a message on the screen in white font:

 1 New voicemail received

Doojoon frowned, he didn’t expect Hyunseung to not listen to them, he was rather social. However something about this nagged at his insides. He went to the menu and clicked on call log. He dialed the number of Hyunseung’s voicemail. Taking a steady breath he held it to his ear. The electronic voice spoke into his ear in monotone.“You have one new voice mail. Received at ten thirty am, on the thirty first of January two thousand and twelve.” His eyes widened as he heard the date. “He got it last ni..?” He stopped when the message started.

“Hello? Umm hi, I don’t know who this is but I left a message a few weeks ago.” His eyebrows went down at the forehead. The voice was familiar. “Anyway… Umm I guess you must know me because you’ve been sending me all these text messages but I don’t have your number so... Could you call me back when you get this?”  His frown deepened from concentrating. The voice was female and she sounded nervous or rather self-concious.

“Because I can’t reply to things such as just feel my heart when I don’t know who it’s from.” The frown grew larger.

“I’m sorry, oh and in case you’re wondering who this is… It’s Sookyung, Park Sookyung.” That was enough to cause something inside Doojoon to snap. He paused the message and went to the SMS menu. Going through the options provided he then pressed the sent option and saw the proof.

Proof of Hyunseung's deceit and betrayal of the promise he had agreed to with his word.  Message after message, every one of them from the preview was addressed to Sookyung, expressing short, sweet confessions. While his temper was still mild curiousity caused him to read on of them. The words just feel my heart  was enough to make the anger rise. He exited the menu and clutched the phone in his hand. His breath was in slow but deep bouts, just to try and stop the storm coming to the surface.

“That…. Bastard!"

*****

26/4/12

And we have a . I didn't put them in previous chapters so here I am deciding this would make for a good one.