S'mores

Importance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris' POV

“Kris!” I whipped my head around to face my screaming wife and removed my attention from placing wood into the fire place, instead giving my full attention to my bouncing wife. ~~~ ran over to me and fell onto the ground to her knees. With her small hands, she gripped the ends of her wool sweater and lifted it up high, revealing her stomach. “Look!” She exclaimed with wide eyes and pointed downwards. “Look at me!”

I quirked a brow and tilted my head to the side questioningly, “Are you trying to seduce me?”

“What? No.” ~~~ shook her head and pointed to her stomach again. “Look.”

My eager hands naturally curled around the curves of her waist to pull her closer to me, “If you are, it's working.”

My wife frowned and pushed my hands away from her body, “Stop it.” She lifted her shirt once more and showed me her bare stomach, “Look at these bruises.”

My eyes averted downwards and finally caught sight of the forming red to dark purple bruises covering a few spots on her stomach. My fingers tenderly brushed the bruises, “How did you get bruises on your stomach when you fell on your knees and ?”

She sat back and sheepishly smiled, “I have bruises forming there too.”

“Really?” I patted her thighs. “Let me see your then.”

“No.” ~~~ quickly rejected and shoved my hands away. She pushed a strand of hair behind her ears and looked past my shoulders, “What are you doing?”

“Starting a fire to cater to your sweet tooth.” I pointed towards a tray lying just a couple feet away from us. “We're making s'mores.” ~~~ inhaled deeply, her eyes shining as she scurried her way to sit in between my legs. “Awesome~~”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“I think you're paying more attention to those s'mores than you are with me.” I muttered to my wife, who was sitting between my legs with her back pressed against my chest, while caressing the bruises on ~~~'s knees with my finger tips. “You've inhaled at least five now and you haven't even turned back to look at me once.” ~~~ shoved the marshmallow that was previously on a stick roasting in the fire and shoved it between two graham crackers. Once she was finished, she held it up to my lips, “Want some?” I shook my head and pushed the treat back towards her, beckoning for her to eat it herself. I banded my arms around her small body and pulled her even closer to me, resting my chin on the top of her head. I hummed softly and closed my eyes, rocking us side to side, enjoying the warmth emitting from the blazing fire.

 

“Why do you have such long legs?”

I cracked my eyes open from ~~~'s sudden question. I stared down at our outstretched legs and watched as ~~~ wiggled her toes, the ends of her feet only reaching me about mid calves. I lightly chuckled at the difference and pushed her legs together with mine. “What are you laughing at?” She turned and snapped, already knowing the answer.

I wiggled my brows and gave her a teasing smirk, “Finally insecure about your short stature?”

“No. I'm not short.” She defined. “You're simply overgrown.” ~~~ wiggled her toes again and pouted. “But seriously, you're a freaking giant. Your hands are huge and so are your feet.” She pointed while holding onto my much larger hands. “You have tree stump calves and you're...a pole.”

“That's so sweet of you.” I sarcastically muttered. “But would you rather be bigger than me? Besides, isn't it a good thing I have such huge hands? Just imagine all that I can grab.” I held out my hands and curled my fingers, making a grabbing motion. ~~~ tsked and gave me a look, crawling from between my lap to sit beside me instead. She sniffled from a running nose and turned away, “Always a ert.”

 

“You know, you really haven't changed at all from when we were kids.” I addressed, referring from the events from earlier and from when we were kids.

“What are you talking about?” She asked, her attention once again focused on the s'mores in her hands.

“Don't you remember?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter