Days Before the Wedding and the Suffering of Kris Wu

Importance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris' POV

“Can you at least tell me where we're going?” I desperately asked. He didn't have to tell me, but I could see a dark road ahead in my future. One filled with discomfort.

 

About 10 minutes ago, I was peacefully sitting in, what I thought was the sanctuary of my own home, reading a book when there was a knock at the door. Thinking it was a neighbor or the landlord, I went to answer the door without hesitation. But once I saw the person on the other end standing there with a sinister smile, I regretted being so carefree. Yunho had quickly grabbed one of my jackets and tossed it to me, urging for me to put on my shoes. He then proceeded to harshly drag me down the hallways, not listening to a single one of my protest. And that is how we got to where we were now.

 

“Just a little get together with some family.” He vaguely muttered. My eyes slightly rounded in panic. A get together with family only means one thing for. Threats. Lots and lots of threat from ~~'s cousins to my death sentence. Yunho chuckled at my expression, looking like he enjoyed my nervousness a little too much. “You don't need to be so nervous though.” He attempted to soothe. “You've already met everyone that's going to be there.” I numbly nodded and stared straight ahead. Just because I've met them before doesn't make the situation any better.

 

After driving to who knows where and forever how long, Yunho finally pulled up to some 'cozy' looking diner. He lead me to the entrance and into the restaurant before making his way to the back of the place to a more secluded area. Once we got to a table, I felt a surge of fear running down my spine. There at the table, were five of her relatives. Changmin was there and of course Yunho but adding on to the list, her cousins Kangin, Kyuhyun, and Heechul were also present. This wasn't all of her cousins but the ones that were here today definitely were the ones that gave me the most trouble.

 

“Hey Kris!!” They all greeted me with wide, friendly smiles. But I knew better. I know that under those seemingly friendly and welcoming smiles lied something much worse.

“Have a sit, big guy.” Heechul, the oldest out of everyone and I should also add...prettiest of everyone, gestured to the only free seat and said. He may have been pretty but once he opens his mouth, it just shows everyone he's more than just a pretty boy. I listened and warily sat down, nervously glancing at everyone there. “Do you want to order anything?” He didn't forget to be considerate and asked. I shook my head no, feeling far too overwhelmed and intimidated to put anything in my mouth. Heechul shrugged and began cutting into his steak, “Suit yourself then.”

 

“Alright, so day after tomorrow, you'll be married to our precious midget.” Kangin, I guess you could say the burliest out of all of them, stated while slowly wiping his utensil down with a napkin.

“And we need to have a talk.” Kyuhyun, another cousin declared and set his cup on the table. I mentally scoffed at this in my head. Haven't we had one too many? I wanted to say but held my tongue.

“As you know, ~~~'s the youngest and the only girl in our family.” Kyuhyun continued, sipping his coffee casually. “And as we've mentioned before or by what you've noticed, we're very protective of her.”

“So, as our duties as her protectors, we need to make a message clear for you.” Yunho, the devil himself, finished off with a wide smirk. I braced myself when all of the cousins set whatever was in their hands down and leaned forward in their seats, the once light atmosphere turning dark and brooding. Honestly, I could even see lighting flash

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter