The Big Day

Importance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What am I doing? This isn't even my own wedding and I'm stressing out.” Changmin ran a hand through his hair, feeling overwhelmed and tired from running around in the early morning just to make sure his precious, sister's wedding was running smoothly. He had made sure that all the decorations were set in place and looked beyond presentable, he talked with the organist to make sure he had all his sheet music and the piano was tuned correctly and of course he made sure that the officiator knew what he was doing. And to top it all off, he even made a few phone calls to everyone that was taking part at the reception to make sure everything was going well on their end. All in all, he felt like he was the one getting married all of a sudden instead of his sister and he felt a surge of pity when he realized what she had to go through during all those months of wedding plans.

 

“Those two better be together forever for putting me through this.” Changmin grumbled to himself, fixing his attire before making his way towards the back to check on his soon to be brother-in-law.

 

Kris' POV

I sat it one of the arm chairs placed in the dressing room, swimming in the endless nerves that were jumbling in my body. I kept bouncing a leg up and down in anxiety, all my thoughts revolving around ~~~. “Hyung.” I called out to Yunho who was standing a few feet away, watching me in amusement. I my dry lips and glanced at the older man, “ Is ~~~ doing okay? She isn't too nervous or scared, right? She isn't worried that I might leave, right?”

Yunho raised a curious brow, “Aren't you nervous?”

“Oh yeah.” I expressed with a big breath. “I'm sweating bullets under this tux and the butterflies in my stomach are flying around like they're being chased by cats.” I gulped as I let the negative thoughts that I tried to pushed into the back of my mind surface. “What if she doesn't want to go through with this anymore? That in the three days that we were away, her feelings suddenly changed?” I let the fear sink into my system and I could feel the room getting incredibly hot.

Yunho walked ten steps, making it in front of me and patted my back in a soothing manner, “Calm down, Kris. If ~~~ didn't want to go through with this, she would have said no to your proposal.”

“I need to see her.” I declared, letting the words that the older male just spoke go in one ear and out the other. “I need to make sure she's okay and calm my nerves.”

“Whoa, slow down there big bird.” Yunho quickly pushed me back down into the seat and held me in place when I had tried to get up. “You aren't going anywhere until the wedding officially starts.”

“But ~~-”

“I'll check on her.” He interrupted and firmly stated. “You stay put.” He smoothed his jacket down and turned to face one of my best men. “Xiumin, make sure he goes no where while I'm gone.” With that, Yunho sent me one last smirk before walking out of the room, greeting his younger cousin as he passed by.

 

Your POV

“Noona~”

I smacked my lips together once the makeup artist finished applying the lip gloss on and turned towards the door. “Come in!” I called to whoever was at the door. The person, or should I say persons, on the other end slowly opened the door and poked their heads in. “Noona!”

A large smile spread across my face when I saw Taemin and Kai, looking dashing in their black suits. “Hey guys! What are you two doing in here?”

“Can't I say hi to my best friend?”

“Or my favorite noona?”

The two walked forward, smoothly making their way over to me like the floor was a runway, “You look pretty today, ~~~.” Taemin softly told with a light shine in his eyes. “Kris hyung is a lucky man to be marrying you.”

I blushed at his words and held onto my best friend's hands, “Thank Taemin, you don't look so bad yourself.”

“Of course I look good.” He said with a flip of his hair. “I'm Lee Taemin.”

“Noona, you should curl our hair more. You look really y like that.” Kai told and carefully touched a curl. “And that dress looks hot on you.”

“Yah.” Taemin scold and slapped his friend. “Don't say things like that.”

“It's true!” Kai complained and held onto his burning arm. “It's not like I was insulting her or anything.” I chuckled at the two bickering boyts and shook my head. “You two are losers.”


As we continued talking about a few other things, there was suddenly another knock at the door. A second later, the face of my older cousin popped into the room. “Yunho oppa!” I beamed once I saw him. Yunho sent me a loving smile before sauntering over to where I was. He nodded at the two boys before saying, “You two mind giving us some privacy. I want to talk with my cousin a bit.” The two immediately backed off and grinned, “No problem, hyung.” Kai took Taemin's arm into his and lead him out, “Let's go bother Kris hyung.”

 

Once the two of us alone, the makeup artist and bridesmaids also leaving to give us some privacy, Yunho sat down on the decorative footrest and took my hands into his. “How you feeling?”

“Nervous.” I honestly replied with a puff of my cheeks. “I feel like throwing up.”

Yunho smiled and squeezed my hands, “Don't be nervous, you're marrying the man you love. Shouldn't you be happy?”

“What if he doesn't want to marrying me anymore?” I couldn't help express my worries, biting my nails due to anxiety. “Maybe he decided he wants someone taller so he doesn't have to bend down all the time to kiss them.”

“Nonsense, the boy is going crazy in the other room thinking the same thing you are. You both love each other and there's nothing to worry about.” He informed with a light smile, pulling my hands away from my lips as to not ruin my make up or nails. “So calm down, alright? He isn't going anywhere and if he does, he's going to have at least 20 people after him.” I felt at ease at his words and laughed. “Thanks oppa.”

 

Kris' POV

I sat in my seat, constantly wringing my hands together half in excitement and half due to anxiety. I couldn't wait to see ~~~ walking down the aisle in her wedding dress but I still couldn't fight my nervousness. I shouldn't be but I was still worried. Even with the constant reassurance from everyone, I wouldn't be settled or calm until I saw ~~~.

“Hey, are you okay?” Kai, who had came into the room not to long ago, nudge my arm and asked.

I gave him a small sm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter