An Unlikely Bachelorette Party

Importance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ah, this is the life.” Taemin leaned against the park bench with a box of banana milk in his hands. “Drinking our favorite drinks while sitting in the park on a cool day.”

I sigh in content and enjoy the nice breeze that blew by. “This is how life should be lived.”

 

Even though it was fall already, the weather hadn't dropped to the point where you needed to wear thick clothing to go about your day, all someone really needed was a sweater to keep them warm. And actually, I was supposed to be drunk off my at my bachelorette party my cousin had thrown me but I quickly escaped once everyone else had gotten a bit too excited and got wasted before the bride did. I didn't mind though, there were at least five male strippers they booked and I didn't want to be around buff, greasy men in small articles of clothing. It was just disturbing to me. So once everyone was high off the night, I made an excuse of needing to use the bathroom before calling Taemin to hang out for the rest of the night and it's how we got to where we are now. Sitting at a park bench in the middle of the night with a case of banana milk and apple juice boxes between us.

 

“Are you nervous for the big day?” Taemin asked and gave me a glance after taking a long sip of his drink.

“Definitely.” I replied with a deep sigh. “Even with being in every step of the wedding plans, getting married still seems like a dream. It's still amazing to me.”

“It's amazing to me.” Taemin replied with large eyes. “For the years I've known you, you've dated only a couple boys and you end up marrying the guy you hated the most.” He shook his blonde locks in disbelief. “It just doesn't make any sense.”

I finished off my juice box and reached for another before saying, “Life is weird Taeminnie.”

“But you're happy, right?” He softly questioned while gazing at me with an unreadable expression. “You're sure this is what you want? Getting married? Because if you aren't ready, I'll help you get out of it!” He added in a rush.

I chuckled and slung an arm around my best friend, “Don't worry, I'm positive this is what I want.”

“Good.” He said in approval. “I wasn't sure what I would do anyway.”

I smiled and shook my head, “You're a dork.” I lifted my now half empty juice box and directed it towards Taemin. “Cheers.”

He bumped his milk against my drink, “Cheers.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I had gotten home about an hour ago after hanging out with Taemin, bonding over juice boxes. I already cleaned up and was about to settle in and go to bed after a long day when the doorbell rang loudly. I sat up in bed and waited a moment, just in case the person decided to go away. Whoever was at the front door, began to repeatedly ring the bell, the annoying dinging continuously sounded throughout the house. I threw the covers off my body and walked down the stairs, ready to greet the guest. I was home alone for now, since Changmin was with Yunho for some 'manly' reasons and he said he wouldn't be back till after 1 am. When I was at the front door, I checked the monitor to see who it was waiting on the other side and once I saw the familiar blonde hair, I quickly yanked the door open, falling right on my when a body collided into mine.

 

“Kris!” I yelped in alarm, cradling his head in my hand so they wouldn't land in my chest.

“Sweetie.” Kris raised his head and blinked at me. I slightly grimaced at the strong alcohol smell that came from his lips. “Are you drunk?” I asked and inspected his face closely.

Kris smiled and giggled, “Maybe. The guys made me drink a bunch of things so I would loosen up for the party.” He released a heavy sigh and dropped his head into my hands, “But I didn't want the strippers. I only want you. One of them even sat on my lap but I pushed her off.” My eyes widened at his confession. So he had strippers too?

Kris straightened up his posture and scooted closer to me, moving until his legs rested on either side of me. “You look pretty today, did you get a haircut?” He asked while my hair softly.

“No-Kris!” I squeak when he fell forward and buried his face into the swells of my . “Don't put your face there!” I pushed his face away from me and distance myself. I stood up and dragged Kris away from the door, “Let’s go inside big bird. You can go lay on the couch.” Slowly and clumsily, Kris stood up after me, using the wall for support as to not collapse on the ground. With much difficulty and some support from me, we were able to make it to the couch and Kris immediately collapsed down with a groan, pulling me with him. I landed on his chest with a huff and moved to straddle his waist. “I've never seen you drunk before. How much did you drink exactly?” Kris babbled incoherent words with shut eyes, his hands reaching to grab my waist

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter