Reception

Importance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The wedding ceremony was over and everyone made their way to where the reception would be held. Hours of fun passed by quickly and dinner was over, speeches were made, and the cake was served. And after a bit of dancing, the bouquet was thrown and caught by a very unexpected Taemin. Now, for the last part until all was left but partying, was throwing the garter.

 

A chair was pulled up to the center of the dance floor by a beaming Kai before I was gently pushed down into the seat. Kris, stood tall and proud before me with a shining smirk and gleaming eyes. He slowly crouched down and propped up one of his knees, lifting my feet until they rested comfortably on his knees. I blushed when Kris slowly ran his hands up my legs, taking his sweet time to reached the ends of the garter. He slipped his fingers underneath the fabric and with a playful smirk, gave my thigh a quick squeeze before quickly pulling down the garter. I lightly squeaked from the sudden pressure and prayed that no one had noticed Kris' move. He rose up to his full height and swung the garter around his pointer finger, eliciting a loud cheer from the audience. Kris threw the fabric in a random direction, sending the garter flying until it conveniently landed into an overly excited Chanyeol's hands. The crowd erupted in a mixture of reactions, some groaning because they couldn't catch the garter and others laughing at the smiling maniac's luck.

 

Kris smiled charmingly, his gums fully showing and held out a hand, “Ready to get back to dancing, Mrs. Wu?” I blushed at his actions and nodded, slipping my hand into his and allowing him to pull me away. Kris released my hand and slowly encircled his arms around my waist, tugging me until I was pressed warmly against his chest when a slow song came on. “Are you having fun?” He softly questioned, pressing a soft kiss on my forehead. I snuggled into his chest and hummed in response, enjoying the now light atmosphere and the slight swaying of our dance. I sighed in content and hugged onto my now husband tightly, breathing in his masculine comforting scent that I've grown to love so much. I closed my eyes and blocked out every other sound, only paying attention to the soothing drum of Kris' heart beat. It wasn't until the rumbling of Kris' deep chuckle did I wake up from my reverie.

 

“It's so cute that there's over a foots difference between us.” He stated, grining fondly because his words caused for a small frown to find it's way to my face. I scoffed and loosened my hold around his waist. “Hey, being this short isn't bad. In some countries, my height is even considered tall.” I shot back at him. He cocked a cool brow and eyed me up and down, “And what country would that be? Munchkin land?”

 

“Hey!” I snapped and pushed him away, landing a slap on his chest in the process. Kris released another deep chuckle and pulled me back to him. “Alright, alright. No more teasing.” He said while rubbing my bare arms in a soothing manner. “God knows how sensitive short people are.”

“Yah!”

 

“I'm kidding, I'm kidding.” Kris pacified with a please, loving grin. He placed a hand on the back of my head and guided me back to his chest. “I love how small and short you are.” He began. “I love our height difference and I love how I always have a chin rest when I'm with you.” Kris rested his chin on top of my head, careful not to prick himself with my tiara. “I love how easily I can wrap my arms around you and cuddle as please.” He followed his words. “I absolutely am in love with how even when you stand on the tip of your toes, you still can't reach my lips.” He whispered, leaning down to press a feathery kiss on my lips. Kris pulled away just slightly and gazed into my eyes with adoration. “I love you.”

“That was cheesy of you.” I remarked with a pleased smile, feeling more than satisfied with his thoughtful speech. “And you loved every bit of it.” He shot back with a grin, once again covering my lips with his, this time with more force and passion.

 

“Ahem!” Came a coughing near us. “Ahuhem!” “AHUHUHEM!” Kris reluctantly released my lips with a groan and turned to glare at the gutsy intruder. There stood Baekhyun and Chen, smiling cheekily at the two of us. “Can I help you two with something?” Kris asked the two with slight annoyance.

“Yeah, we were wondering if you were going to get a room? Or were you just going to go commando and get busy on the floor?”

Unlike his usual reaction, Kris gave them a knowing grin and wiggled his brows, “We will be getting a room in a bit so don't you worry.”

“Yah!” I couldn't help but slap Kris' chest at his boldness. Kris didn't mind and simply kissed my nose, “It's true.”

“But seriously, are you two hugging or dancing here?” Baekhyun wondered while sipping on is drink.

“Does it matter what we do?” Kris shot back.

“No, no.” Baekhyun grinned and wiggled his brows. “Just that...if you two do plan on doing anything, I want a good seat.”

“Hey!” I squealed in embarrassment and reached forward to slap the older boy.

“Kidding!” He quickly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter