Exploring

Importance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris' POV

I angrily trudged down the snowy trails to meet ~~~ while pulling a beanie over my head in annoyance. I can't believe my sweet, innocent, wife could do that to me. Why would she even do that to me? And when did she learn to be such a tease? As far as I know, she's too innocent and far too shy to ever be such a little minx like she was earlier. Based on her personality and the years I've known her, she would never be that forward. Tsk, it just shows how the girl likes to surprise me.

 

Just a few yards away from where I was standing, I could easily spot the petite form of my wife dressed in a bright red, puffy jacket. She sat on one of the benches at the bus waiting area, resembling a small child as she kicked and scraped the snow beneath her feet. I sigh and shook my head. How can someone so innocent and pure turn out to be such a tease?

 

My eyes darken when I saw a stranger approaching ~~~ and I was quick to hasten my steps, wanting to get to her before the guy did. I don't know what it is about the boys here and ~~~, but she's been checked out way too many times for my liking. Luckily, ~~~ had spotted me before the stranger could get to her and my heart was put at ease. She bounced off the bench and bounded over to me, throwing her arms around my waist and burying her face into my jacket.

“Krissy oppa!” ~~~ cried in relief, which I knew was from my impeccable timing to save her from socializing with some boy who was no doubt younger than the two of us. When I felt her arms around me, for a moment, I nearly forgot that I should be mad at her for this morning, especially when she sent me her bright smile. But that bright smile also triggered the memories from earlier and I quickly pushed her away.

“Don't you Krissy oppa me, Mrs. Wu.” I spat at the smaller woman standing before me. “What the hell was that little stunt you pulled back there?”

“What are you talking about?” ~~~ blinked innocently and if it weren't the playful smile that was starting to grow on her face, I would have actually believed her act. “Don't act coy with me, ~~~-ah.” I lightly scold. “You left me with a problem back there. What are you going to do about it?” I lowly muttered while staring deeply into her eyes, probing her with my stare. She blinked her eyes rapidly, unsure of how to answer my question. Just as she opened to reply, the bus arrived, saving her from the situation. She clasped her small hand into mine and sent me a toothy grin, “On the bus we go!”

 

I followed ~~~ closely as she led me onto the bus, finding a seat in the middle and settling in, her taking the window seat while I was left with the aisle one. I still couldn't shake off my curiosity of ~~~'s sudden forwardness so I turned in my seat to face her. “Where did you learn to do that?” I asked once again with a rigid voice.

“Do what?” ~~~ mumbled as a reply, most of her attention placed on the falling snow out the window then on her steaming husband besides her.

“You know what.” I practically sneered at the girl due to frustration.

“Ah, you mean teasing you?!” She finally guess with a light teasing tone to her voice. “I learn from the best, don't I?” She questioned while batting her eyelashes cutely. I groaned and turned away from her, knowing that I had just lost the battle with her simple action. Even so, I wasn't going to forget. “You are so getting punished when we get back home.” I grumbled with my arms crossed. “Just you wait.”

 

Pretty soon, we arrived in the middle of town. With the promise of being back in five hours from the bus driver, everyone disburse, eager to explore the small but charming city. Just from where we were standing, there were already an array of old looking shops within view and I could tell ~~~ couldn't wait to explore everything. I took the glove on my hand off and reached for ~~~'s bare hand, inwardly scolding her when I noticed she wasn't wearing gloves. “Hold my hand the whole time and make sure not to let go, alright? I'm not losing my new wife in a unknown city.” She nodded obediently, “Kay.” ~~~ swung our hands merrily with a light bounce in her step, happy to be able to explore a new city. 

 

We went in and out of numerous sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter