Home Sweet Home

Importance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your POV

Now's the time. It was time for us to leave the perfect, snowy sanctuary we've been spending time in for our honeymoon to head back home to our real lives. I was reluctant to get up this morning because I knew we had to leave that day and return home. It wasn't that I didn't want to back home, I just didn't want to go now. I wanted to stay in the cozy cabin where Kris and I had created so many new memories for a bit longer.

 

We already packed most of our things last night, leaving only a few necessity we needed to get ready in the morning. Once we were all ready and cleaned up, we grab a quick bite to eat before heading off to the bus shuttle, waiting for our ride to take us over to the airport.

 

A breeze blew and I shivered, letting out a small whine. I heard a tsk from my side and looked up to see my husband giving me a disapproving frown. “Don't give me that look.” I grumbled and looked away from Kris, knowing exactly what is was going on in his head. “I know I should have worn more layers.”

“So you know?” Kris quirked a brow in a domineering manner. “Why must you disobey me then?”

“I didn't 'disobey' you.” I argued, using air quotes around the word disobey. “I just didn't take consideration to your suggestion.” I finished with a haughty hair flip. Kris scoffed, “And now you're all cold.”

“Shut up. It's hard for me to walk with too many layers on!” I childishly whined. “You wouldn't understand.” Kris rolled his eyes and opened up his jacket. “Come here.” Kris gestured. “I'll keep you warm until the bus comes.” I walked into his chest without hesitation and snuggled into his warmth. “Listen to me for this next time.” He gently muttered while wrapping his arms around me. “I can't always be by your side to keep you warm.” I rolled my eyes but nodded, “Yeah, yeah.”

 

 

 

“I have a surprise when we get back home.” Kris whispered while we were riding in a taxi. Our flight took around eight hours before we arrived back in our homeland and it was now six in the evening.

“Surprise?” I brought my attention away from the familiar scenery and turned to my beaming husband. “What is it?” Kris gave me a gummy smile and tapped my nose teasingly, “Surprise sweetie. “ I shook my head away from his touch and demanded, “Tell me.”

“You'll have to wait, love.” He said with a small smirk, pressing quick kiss on my frowning lips. I shoved him away and frowned, “You can't just bring it up then not tell me. Can I at least have a hint?”

“Wait, ~~~.” Kris calmly advised with a quiet chuckled. “You'll see very soon.”

“Tell me.” I urged while holding onto Kris' hands. “Please~”

“Wait, sweetie.” He repeated with another laugh. “In around ten minutes, you'll see.”

 

The taxi drove into an unfamiliar quiet neighborhood, stopping in front of what looked to be a two-story home with a cobblestone pathway. I looked out the window and blinked in confusion, wondering where we were. “Where are we?” I asked Kris and turned to look at him. Kris sent me a bright smile and brought one of my hands up to his lips for a kiss, “Our house.”

“Ours?...” It finally sank in. “This is ours?!” I exclaimed with wide, shocked eyes. “B-but how?” Kris chuckled and gestured for me to get out, paying the taxing driving and grabbing our things before clasping a large hand on my elbow. “Lets go inside. I know you'll love it.”

 

I eagerly followed Kris up the path, barely containing my excitement and watched with sparkling eyes as he opened the door to our house. I released an audible gasped when my eyes were exposed to the grand sight before me. The living room was huge; much bigger than my place with my brother but it had similar concepts. There were hard wood floors with an opened floor plan, the kitchen opening up to the living room. The whole space was opened, bright, and spacious – fit just to my liking. The furniture and decoration were all contemporary and modern but still had a comfy, homey feel.

“Do you like it so far?” Kris hesitantly asked from my side, waiting for my reply nervously. I continued to examine the room in delight, loving everything that I was seeing. I turned to Kris and sent him a sunny smile. “Everything is...perfect!” I squealed and jumped into his arm, smashing my lips into his to show how thankful I was. When I pulled away, Kris had a daze look on his face with an impish smile. I kissed the tip of his nose and asked, “How did you do all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter