Dress Search

Importance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hanging up the phone with Kris, I went back to where my mom, Kris' mom, and Taemin were waiting. After gathering up, I allowed for my mom to drag me to yet another dress shop, one that was only a few blocks down from this one.

 

I grumpily trailed after the woman I call mom and tugged on her shirt. “Umma, can't we just stop for today? We've been to five different shops already.” I pleaded, the traits of being the youngest child showing. I was fine when we were in the first shop. And then I was feeling good in the second. But once the third, fourth, and fifth shop came by, I felt like I was falling into a shopping depression and if I go on any longer, I was sure to fall into a shopping coma.

 

My mom sighed, “Honey, if you weren't so picky you might have had a dress already. I still have a few more dress shops on the list we need to check out. And we are not leaving till then.”

I groaned and held onto her arm, “Umma, I'm getting tired. Can't we come back this weekend?”

“Mrs. Wu doesn't have time to come with us this weekend, honey.” She gently chided while patting my head. “So we need to find something today.” I wanted to cry after hearing this. I hated shopping. I could stand for an hour or so but I've been out here since morning and it was now mid afternoon. I loved my mom, yes. And I loved Mrs. Wu, definitely. But putting these two women together for a shopping trip was a disaster for me.

 

“Just try another shop, sweetie.” Mrs. Wu came over and gave my arm an affectionate squeeze. “If you can't find anything there, then we'll stop for the day. We can arrange for another time to meet up to look for your wedding dress.” I mulled over her words before reluctantly nodding. “Okay.” One more store, then I'm free to do as please. I can hang out with Taemin a bit before going to see Kris as promised. Sounds good. I nodded once more, this time with a little more spirit after my mental pep talk.

 

Mrs. Wu suddenly sighed. “I really wish I had my own daughter just like you.” She said while gently my hair. “You're just so adorable.” I couldn't help but release a small giggle, thinking about how much I've heard those exact words from Kris. She brightened up within a second and pinched my cheeks, “But at least you'll be my daughter-in-law.”

 

I happily smiled at her words, pleased that she thought so fondly of me. Slowing down my steps, I waited for Taemin to come by my side before looping an arm with his. “I'm sorry Taemin, this must be boring for you.” I said, feeling extremely thankful that he had went through all hours of dress searching without a complaint and how helpful he actually was.

“It is.” He honestly replied. “But I won't let you suffer alone. No offense to you or anything but your mother gets a little wild when it comes to shopping so being the good friend I am, I'll stick to your side today.”

I beamed at his response and gave him a big hug, “You're the best Lee Taemin! I promise that after this, I'll buy you a whole case of Banana milk-no- I'll have Kris buy you a whole case.”

Taemin chuckled and nodded, “Whatever you want.”

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

“No, try another one on.” Both Kris' mom and mine dismissed when I stepped out in a dress. “That dress makes your hips too wide and makes you look even shorter.” My mother added. I pouted, walking back into the dressing room to try on yet another dress. This was possibly the 20th dress I tried. I lost count after trying on the 10th one. And yet, nothing fit my taste, my mom's taste, or Mrs. Wu's. Taemin helped to the best of his abilities of course, but the boy was no where near an expert of dresses and I could tell he was starting to get overwhelmed from all the shopping.

 

“That one makes you look a bit too top heavy.” Kris mom said when I walked out in another dress. “And the sequins around the chest area are too much of a distraction. Too many people will be eying your chest.” She continued in a slightly protective tone. I groaned and sluggishly walked back into the changing room, not even noticing Taemin standing there until he spoke.

“Why don't you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter