Last Day

Importance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ice skating was the last thing on our list to do today. First thing we did this morning was snowboarding (Which thankfully, I finally mastered...sorta), then we went out to town for a few hours, and when we returned we went to the spa. After getting a quick snack and something to warm us up, we made our way over to the ice skating rink, this time me doing the teaching instead of Kris.

 

“Kris, you have to let go of me if you want to learn how to skate properly.” Stupid giant. As soon as we stepped one foot on ice, he immediately restricted me in his arms and used me as some sort of protection, making it virtually impossible for us to skate properly by being connected.

“Screw ice skating. I'm a man.” Kris muttered a lame reply. “I don't need to learn this fairy dancing stuff.” What?

“That shouldn't matter dumb .” I said and lightly elbow his gut. “Let go.” I ordered.

“No.” He rejected and strengthen his grip around me. “I like holding you.” I rolled my eyes and used the side rails to pull us a bit further, “I'm sure the whole skate rink has notice that.” Seriously, does he really not care of the stares we were getting? Or at least the cooing we received from old couples and young teens?

 

I pushed his arms off me, though a bit difficult since he was so reluctant, and skated a few feet ahead of him, “Come on Kris, at least try.” Just to humor me, Kris slid his leg forward and attempted to skate. He was doing well at first but after his third step, he stumbled and lost his footing, flailing around to gain his balance. His arms reached for me and just when his finger tips brushed against the fabric of my jacket, Kris yanked me back to him and save himself from falling on the ice. “See?” He whined. “I can't do it. I'm not made for this.”

“Don't be a baby.” I teased and pushed him aside. “I'm gonna let you go and skate off. I want you to skate towards me, okay?” I quickly slid away before Kris could catch me, using my experience on the ice to my advantage. “Yah!” I heard him calling after me. “Sweetie, where are you going?!”

 

Kris still and stared at the smooth glass beneath his feet. What am I going to do? He stared back up at his wife and caught her eager gaze, encouraging for him to skate towards her. He was never interested in ice skating. His long body just not made for the activity since the fall to ice would be too long of a trip for comfort but the look at his wife's face; he just couldn't say no. Just like he did earlier, Kris stuck one foot out, remembering the instructions his wife gave him earlier. One step at a time Kris. It's easy. He took a deep breath and did just that. It wasn't long before history repeated itself and he went tumbling down hard onto the ice.

 

“Kris!” My eyes widen in panic when I saw my husband crashing onto the cold, hard ice. I hastily skated my way towards Kris and fell between his legs, checking his condition. “Are you okay?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter