Epilogue

Importance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris' POV

I reached out to the side of the bed in search for my wife. I was missing her warmth against my chest and I needed her to fall back to a peaceful sleep. I cracked an eye open when I didn't feel anything and searched for ~~~. Where is she? “~~~-ah!” I hollered into the vast room, hoping to see her soon.

 

How long has it been?..I think six months now since ~~~ and I have been married? We settled quickly into the married life after coming back from our honeymoon and those honeymoon feelings everyone goes through never once strayed as we adjusted to a life of sharing everything with each other; practically attached to the hips. We were one now and it wasn't going to change.

 

A second later, ~~~'s head peeked out from the walk-in closet. Her eyes lit up and a wide smile quickly formed on her lips, “You're awake!” I shut my eyes, beckoning for her to come over with my hands, “I demand you to come back to bed with me. Right now.”

“I can't.” My eyes shot open at those words. What does she mean 'she can't'? How hard is it for her to come back in bed with me? “I need to get ready for work.” She told. I frowned. I hated her work. I didn't have to work today and I wanted to spend my free time with my wife but she had to work. I hated her work.

“Skip work and come cuddle with me.” I demanded.

“You know I can't do that.” She walked out of the closet and I eyed her exposed thighs. ~~~ was dressed in jean shorts that were perfect for the spring weather. She paired them off with a sheer, white blouse that was tucked into the waistband of her pants, giving her an elegant but casual look. ~~~ looked hot, no doubt. Especially with her hair cascading down her shoulders in soft waves. She was such a strange combination of hot and cute and I hated how she was going out looking like that without me.

 

Did I mention I hated her work? I hated how she worked as a photographer at a magazine firm. It meant no professional dressed code, meaning she could dress as she pleased and that included those shorts that I did not approve of. They were too tight. A big no, no.

 

“Just for today.” I childishly pleaded. “I want to spend my day off with you.” Just because we were married didn't mean we had a lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter