Rosie vs SiHae

The Road to Redemption

Rosie… is the only name I know… the only name I hear…

Rosie… is the only color I see… the only beauty in my eyes…

Rosie… is the only fragrance I smell… I can’t live without…

Rosie… is the only in my heart… the only I give all my love to…

Rosie… you are the woman to whom my soul belongs… whom my life is devoted to protect and cherish…

Rosie… Be the one for me…

Rosie… Marry me…

 

……

 

Rosie fixed her eyes on Donghae. “You’re from the east. What brought you here?”

 

“Destiny…” Donghae said; which, to a certain extent, was a sincere answer.

 

Amazed at the other’s response Rosie’s grin widened. “You’re certainly cuter than I thought.” And your blood must be tasty…

 

“There are a lot more you don’t know…”

 

Buzzing sound of magic echoed in her head. Light reflected from the unsheathed sword cast into Rosie’s eyes. She jolted up and threw herself out through the window.

 

Donghae and Siwon quickly followed. Nevertheless when they got out she’s already out of sight. Sigh!

 

“Siwon! Extend your sense and search north! I will check the south!” Donghae instructed.

 

She’s heading towards the city centre. I will slow her down and lure her to the plaza. You guys go there now.

 

“Central Plaza! Hurry Siwon!” Donghae’s heartbeat quickened as he broke into a run. He couldn’t help his smile. Thank you!

 

“Hyung how do you know?” Siwon asked, bewildered and amazed at the same time.

 

As Rosie ran a weird feeling was creeping over her. It’s something she had never experienced before. She felt like being pressed against; like she’s carrying weights. The air was heavy around her. That chained her every movement. What’s this?

 

A long forgotten feeling formed at the core of Rosie’s stomach. Fear. Something more powerful was in proximity. That’s not from vampire hunters. Not a single time for centuries she failed to make her escape. What could be out there that made her feel so intimidated? Her eyes widened when the startling realization hit her. Vampire!! There’s another vampire! And this vampire is restraining me with his power!!

 

Rosie halted. Panting she gritted her teeth and hissed. “Why?”

 

Silence.

 

Vampires lived (if you consider that living) lonely lives. They never bothered each other’s business. They were neither allies nor rivals of each other. That’s an unspoken norm. It’s been like that for centuries!!

 

The other vampire didn’t reply. Probably he couldn’t answer himself either.

 

The atmosphere changed. Force pressing against Rosie was lifted. However she could still feel the other vampire in proximity. That vampire had set up an invisible wall. Rosie knew if she walked against it she would be choked by that suffocating pressure again. Narrowing her eyes she threw a disdainful stare and took the other direction…

 

… and entered the central plaza…

 

……

 

Out of nowhere Donghae jumped out and blocked Rosie. Sword in his right hand he wasted no time and it forward, aiming right at Rosie’s heart. Light from the sword flashed in her eyes.

 

Block her right side!

 

Magic from Siwon was a split second too late. Rosie managed to retreat right.

 

The familiar buzzing sound rang in her ears again. Rosie couldn’t go far. Siwon had her confined in his magical field.

 

Knowing she’s going to enjoy a fight with a handsome (and probably taste his blood), Rosie smirked. She let out a shrill scream and dashed towards Donghae. Her hands clawed, her eyes focused on the pulse of life flowing inside Donghae’s throat, she’s going to… rip – it – open…

 

Donghae will retreat left! Don’t let her go to his left!

 

Siwon enforced the magical field on Donghae’s… right…

 

Donghae retreated towards… left…

 

Grinning widely Rosie shifted towards Donghae’s left. In the blink of an eye her clawed hand was stretched… It’s inches away from Donghae’s throat…

 

……

 

Rosie’s index finger drew blood.

 

Someone’s heart skipped a beat.

 

Droplets of blood splattered onto the ground.

 

Donghae gasped.

 

Siwon forgot to breathe.

 

Blood was oozing from the cut scratched on Donghae’s… face…

 

Donghae had dodged in time; rolled away and jumped back a few steps. He held his sword in front of him in a defensive posture.

 

……

 

Donghae bit his lip.

 

Siwon sighed in relief.

 

Rosie revealed her crimson red eyes and fangs. She her index finger and tasted Donghae’s blood. She shifted her eyes to look at Donghae again. “You are sweet my dear handsome…” The grin on her face couldn’t be creepier.

 

Somewhere in proximity Eunhyuk was watching. Both his fists were clenched. His body tensed. His jaw tightened. His face stiffened. He could hardly breathe.

 

Sword in his right hand Donghae tends to retreat left. That’s his habit. Siwon you should know that!!

 

Eunhyuk had never imagined his original idea of seeing Donghae one last time before continuing his journey would cause him such tortures. It’s a torture when somebody whom you value more than your own life is in danger; but that you can only stand still and watch, and try every means to tie your hands. Right?

 

The next moment Eunhyuk decided. He would not endure any further tortures. One more careless mistake I’m going out to finish the job!

 

Blood made Rosie more hyper and crazy. She thirsted for more. Her eyes widened and sparkled crimson red.

 

Like a phantom Rosie’s shadow flickered and the next instant she was right in front of Donghae. This time Siwon didn’t allow himself to make further mistakes. Just when Rosie was about to strike Siwon chained her with all his magic. Donghae dodged left (again). Heavily bound by magic Rosie missed. She struggled to break free. Her paralyzing squeal deafened everyone.

 

Donghae grasped the chance to stab her. She threw herself backwards. Since Siwon’s magic was focused on blocking her forward, she didn’t encounter much hindrance retreating.

 

Nevertheless Donghae didn’t give her a second chance. Before the motion of his first stab was finished, he darted forward like an arrow released from a fully pulled bowstring. Fully understood there’s no room for any mistake he gave the strike his all; all his strength, full speed, perfect accuracy.

 

Caught off guard by Donghae’s second attack Rosie gasped… and found herself nailed on the ground… with Donghae’s sword piercing right through her heart…

 

Her eyes fixed on Donghae. But it’s not Donghae she saw…

 

Jack… I’m sorry…

I never meant to kill you…

I never meant to take any revenge like that…

All I wanted was your love… and the chance to love you again…

 

For centuries I kept seducing men…

I wanted to feel the love from them… the love I once felt from you…

For centuries I kept searching for that love…

It’s nowhere to be found…

For centuries I kept letting out my anger and frustrations on them…

It just brought me more pain and tortures…

 

Jack… I’d do anything to have you back…

I’d do anything for love…

How much I wish I could go back to that point in time…

It’s all too late now…

 

Maybe it’s a mercy to end all these…

But before that…

Jack… allow me to say this one last time…

I’m sorry…

And… I… love… you…

 

Before she breathed her last breath, she heard the most beautiful poem in her head. A bitter smile formed on her face.

 

Rosie… is the only name I know… the only name I hear…

Rosie… is the only color I see… the only beauty in my eyes…

Rosie… is the only fragrance I smell… I can’t live without…

Rosie… is the only in my heart… the only I give all my love to…

Rosie… you are the woman to whom my soul belongs… whom my life is devoted to protect and cherish…

Rosie… Be the one for me…

Rosie… Marry me…

 

The rose… once beautifully blossomed… admired by so many… was trampled on the ground. The rose… perished… became… nothing…

 

Donghae looked into Rosie’s eyes. A flicker of light flashed its last glow… and was no more… Hair on his arms prickled. He’s killed countless vampires. He’s seen the same countless times. But it never stopped haunting him. He knew what’s behind a vampire’s death… He got shivers down his spine by just thinking about it.

 

He couldn’t imagine seeing the same in the eyes of that vampire. No… NO!!! I won’t let that happen!!

 

Slowly Donghae stood up. He took a deep breath and squeezed his eyes shut, trying to rid the haunting sight from his mind. Siwon came to stand beside him. “Hyung, is the cut serious? I’m sorry… let me treat the wound…”

 

Eunhyuk breathed a sigh of relief. A trace of sorrow crossed his face. It’s time then. It’s time to take his leave… Donghae… farewell…

 

……

 

In the darkest corner of the world there stood a tower. Inside the tower there’s a room lined with shelves. On the shelves numerous jars were neatly placed. Each jar was occupied by one tiny sphere of light. The jars were marked with names and dates.

 

A door was opened. The devil walked into the room to examine his work. He halted by the jar marked with the earliest date. The light in it had extinguished. There were only ashes left in that jar.

 

… Rosie… for centuries you have served me well…

 

The devil opened the jar… and blew the ashes out of it…

 

… I still remember that kiss…

 

His footsteps echoed loudly inside the room. He came to stand in front of another jar. This was not placed on a shelf… but on a table by the window. As he peered at it his mouth curled into a devilish smirk.

 

This is getting really interesting…

 

 

-----------------------------------

A/N: Rosie is actually a poor poor girl... ?_?

A/N2: (A glimpse of) The past will be revealed in the next chapter... It's getting too long... I need to re-work a bit... ^^