The Torture

The Road to Redemption

When it came to torturing, Shesh was the expert.

 

All he wanted was revenge now. Forget about reigning the world. Forget about building his kingdom of darkness. Forget about having everyone bowed down to him. The most pressing matter for the time being was to crash them with the cruelest torments. Especially Donghae! As Shesh eyed Donghae he wanted so much to tear the other to pieces (slowly though… bit by bit… painstakingly slowly…).

 

Shesh knew perfectly well how to achieve that. He raised his eyebrows and smiled. “Well well well…”

 

Eyes, sparkling with flames of grudge, fixed on Donghae. “Congratulations Donghae-ssi. You’re the world hero now.”

 

Something between anger and frustration crossed Donghae’s face. That didn’t last long. Owner of the face swallowed whatever emotions flowing inside, lips tightened. No matter how overwhelming the pain and helplessness were, Donghae couldn’t afford to lose control.

 

Grin on Shesh’s face widened. He really liked that expression of Donghae. “You saved the world. Though at the cost of your friend’s suffering, still you saved the world. Hell is not a place for you. You’re a saint. Go now. People out there are waiting. They’re eager to welcome their hero back. Go and enjoy their cheers and applause and shouts of joy. Go and live the rest of your life as a saviour. You deserve it.”

 

All of a sudden Shesh’s face hardened. His eyes turned stony. Corner of his mouth remained curled. He didn’t bother to hide his smirk. “I don’t want your soul. Go!”

 

With one last disdainful glance at Donghae, Shesh turned to leave.

 

……

 

Watching the devil walk away Donghae saw hope dwindle as well. Donghae closed his eyes. He bit his lip. I’d do anything…

 

Donghae fell down on his knees.

 

Shesh halted, sneer on his face.

 

“I beg you… I beg you... I BEG YOU!!!!!!!!!” Donghae cried out. Each word was soaked with desperation.

 

It took Shesh some time to conceal his triumphant grin. Slowly he turned around, his face grim. Looking down at Donghae Shesh was thrilled with pleasure. He his lips, tasting the flavour of authority.

 

“Well… it doesn’t happen often that a saint begs me. What is your wish that I am capable of granting?” Shesh tilted his head and smirked.

 

“Take me… Take my soul… Do whatever you want to me… Just… let him go. Let Eunhyuk go!! … Please!! I BEG YOU!!!!!” Donghae was devastated. Tears overflowed his eyes. Desperation had the firmist hold on him. His body was shaking but his heart had difficulty beating. It was obvious he was close to breaking down.

 

Enjoying each and every single moment of this, Shesh frowned and pursed his lips. “Um… Let me think…”

 

……

 

You may not like seeing Donghae begging Shesh. Neither did Eunhyuk. During the whole time Eunhyuk wanted to protest. Nevertheless he remained gagged. Silently Eunhyuk was shedding tears.

 

Come to think of it. That was what Donghae would naturally do. When he would willingly offer his soul to redeem Hyukjae, what was there to stop him from giving up his last bit of dignity, pride, self-esteem, honor…?

 

Only Hyukjae mattered.

 

……

 

The devil’s steps echoed loudly in the room. It was a leisure pace Shesh was taking.

 

At the end Shesh came to stand right in front of Donghae, who was on his knees with his head bowed.

 

“Drop your magic.” The tone was authoritative. It was an order.

 

Right at the split second when golden light was extinguished by darkness Donghae found himself pressed between freezing and burning sensations.

 

Donghae was slapped by the devil… mercilessly. Those claws left behind burning blood tracks. The other side of his face met the icy cold tiled floor. Donghae was pressed onto the floor because… the devil was stepping his face…

 

“So you think you can replace him? Huh?” The devil stepped even harder. Donghae suppressed a moan.

 

“Who do you think you are? You’re just a loathsome creature!!” The next second Donghae’s stomach felt like punctured. It’s very likely those shoes Shesh was wearing had soles like blades.

 

And then it’s not just his face and stomach. His chest, his shoulders, his arms, his hands, his thighs, his legs… were being brutally kicked, stepped over.

 

Bit by bit those blades peeled open his flesh.

 

……

 

“How does it feel? Like it? You thought you could fight darkness? This is the price for ever having such thoughts!” A heavy kick on Donghae’s stomach…

 

“And this is for ever attempting it!!!” Another heavy step on Donghae’s face…

 

“And this!!!! This is for wronging me!!!!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” More tramples. More kicks. A brutal hit on Donghae’s chest… Blood trickled down the corner of Donghae’s mouth.

 

Tears trickled down someone else’s eyes…

 

Donghae embraced the pain. He took every single kick without the slightest complaint. Not even a single muscle tensed during the whole time. Donghae just let himself drown in the devil’s anger because… he felt better this way…

 

Donghae always felt he deserved some punishments. Not only living in guilt or trapped in reminisces but some real, concrete punishments. Though it was not actually the case, Donghae felt every slap, kick and trample he took… he was sharing Eunhyuk’s pain. Donghae was redeeming himself…

 

Nevertheless when it came to torturing… Shesh was the expert.

 

For long Shesh was there letting his anger out on Donghae. That was part of the revenge. But that was not enough. Physical pain was just nothing.

 

There was a unique, eternal torment Shesh could impose on Donghae. Only that would satisfy the devil…

 

Probably you could have guessed it already. That’s why Shesh didn’t take Donghae’s soul. He had changed his mind. Shesh wanted the 2 of them separated… forever…

 

That was the best revenge.

 

Shesh roughly grabbed Donghae’s hair, pulled Donghae’s face near and glared at him. “Listen carefully. I don’t give a damn to your begging. I don’t want your soul.”

 

Donghae closed his eyes and tilted his head as the devil spat on his face. Shesh tightened his grip on Donghae. “No matter what you do I WILL NOT RELEASE HIM. And NO! Hell will not grant you entry. You live or die I don’t care. But forever he will be in hell. YOU WILL NEVER SEE HIM AGAIN!!”

 

Seeing the anguish and despair in Donghae’s eyes Shesh smiled derisively. Yet the torture was still not enough.

 

Provocatively slapping Donghae’s face Shesh continued. “Don’t worry. I will treat him well. Every day I will kiss him. Every hour I will taste his lips. Every minute my hands will tenderly caress his body, lovingly his hair. Every second I will breathe in his scent. Every moment I will enjoy him.”

 

Donghae’s jaw bunched. A monster was waking up in his chest. He’s trembling all over.

 

Evil grin on Shesh’s face widened. “I will do a better job than you. I will make this very sure by asking him over and over again. Is this better than Donghae’s touch? Is this better than Donghae’s way of kissing? I will pay attention to his heartbeat quickening, his blood boiling up, his breathing becoming the best rhythm, his level of desires increasing… He will helplessly be yearning for more yet at the same time too ashamed to admit… And know this you fool. This has already taken place. I have already kissed him.”

 

Now the monster in Donghae was wide awake and roaring loudly. Anger shot out of his eyes. They wanted to bore holes into Shesh’s head. “You… didn’t… YOU DIDN’T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

Golden light flashed. The golden sword was unshealthed…

 

Shesh was prepared. His apparition flickered and the next instant he was standing paces away from Donghae. Donghae darted forward. The apparition blinked and vanished.

 

“Thanks for pushing him to me. His lips tasted like strawberries.” Triumphant laughs of the devil reverberated in the tower. They were like big bangs in Donghae’s head. Even after the echoes in the tower had faded away, the bangs were still deafening Donghae.

 

Donghae broke down. His body convulsing, his cry mingled with anguish, regret, desperation, anger, bitterness shook the tower even more. He brought all these to Hyukjae. Hyukjae’s words at that bitter moment were the best accusation… No… I don’t want this… Donghae… Don’t do this to me… No… Don’t!!!

 

There’s no way Donghae could redeem himself… let alone Hyukjae…

 

"Hyukkie… I… am… sorry… HYUKKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

 

(Um… sorry maybe it’s not really relevant. Please bear with me. I still would like to tell you this. Shesh was only teasing Donghae. The devil could not do what he described. At least for the time being he couldn’t. Remember the devil could not touch Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk would be locked in that form of existence until… something happened…)

 

The devil would never forget that face of Donghae. It was so saturated with pain and frustration and helplessness. Shesh was very pleased with the tortures he designed.

 

Satisfied, the devil left. He would demolish the tower and put an end to this whole vampire project. Well… it all started because he was bored. It brought him more fun than expected. It killed his time centuries after centuries. Though his final wish of building a kingdom of darkness was not realized, at least it was a lot of fun. He would come up with some other projects.

 

By demolishing the tower, Shesh would bury everything; including the 2 of them (yes Eunhyuk was in the tower). And by burying them both, they would be separated forever.

 

Both of them would die. Their bodies would wither. Donghae’s soul would continue his next level of life. Eunhyuk’s… his remaining soul (the part he strived so hard to keep) would have no choice but to reunite with the other part captured by the devil…

 

……

 

They deserved a better ending. I know.

 

“HYUKKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

If there were any hearts at that time near the tower, they would be immediately broken. The cry of Donghae… was simply… heart-breaking…

 

They deserved a better ending. I know.

 

 

-----------------------------------

A/N: Title of the last chapter was originally "The Day". Then when I was writing the idea "Eunhae Day" came and made itself the title. Sorry was not intended to fool anyone~~

A/N2: Mind telling me if you prefer HyukHae / HaeHyuk / Both? What if in the story they're not in that kind of relationship? Would you lose interest immediately? Just curious! You know, sometimes it's difficult to always frame stories in the Eunhae context... >_<