Eunhae Day

The Road to Redemption

Actually Donghae had no problem with that.

 

I’d do anything… I’d give anything… Just to have him back...

 

That’s what he’s asking for. That’s what he’s looking for. That’s what he’s been praying for so far. That’s the exact reason he came all this way to confront the devil.

 

To Donghae his own soul had no value at all. And to Donghae this was fair. He brought all these to Hyukjae, one so pure and innocent and beautiful. If Donghae continued to live in a world in which Hyukjae didn’t exist, if Donghae continued to walk on earth with the knowledge that Hyukjae was suffering in hell, he’s just being a living corpse. He’s just a soulless being. Only by making his soul the ransom for redeeming Hyukjae would Donghae’s soul be worthy again.

 

There’s simply no reason Donghae should keep his own soul.

 

However…

 

“I need to see him first. I need to see him leave this place safely as a human being.” Donghae said firmly.

 

However, you need to be careful when you’re dealing with the devil.

 

Calmly Donghae lowered his sword and gazed at Shesh, who narrowed his eyes.

 

……

 

Now you know what actually happened to Eunhyuk. You should understand Shesh couldn’t agree to what Donghae just asked. He simply couldn’t. He couldn’t even touch Eunhyuk. And from the beginning Shesh had no intention to release Eunhyuk at all.

 

“Who do you think you are? You are in no position to bargain.” The devil returned Donghae’s gaze and folded his arms.

 

……

 

Minutes later Shesh rolled his eyes. “So that’s what you call love? Excuse me but I really have to laugh. You may be doing a good job fooling him, and maybe even yourself, into believing your so-called love. But let me tell you the truth.”

 

Shesh jabbed a finger at Donghae. “Even until now you’re just being selfish! It’s YOU who pushed him to me. It’s YOU who ignored his protests. It’s YOU who forced your own desires upon him. It’s YOU who started this whole thing. During the whole time you’re saying you want to protect him, shelter him, treasure him, cherish him, redeem him and love him? You’re just being a joke!”

 

The accusing glare made Donghae shudder. “Now I’m giving you the chance you’ve been hoping for. Now you’re one step from saving him. But then you’re making excuses! You’re selfishly clinging to your own well-being. You SELFISH BASTARD!!! SHAME ON YOU!!!!!”

 

Donghae was trembling badly. His lips tightened. His fists clenched. Corner of his mouth was twitching. His throat was burning and he couldn’t breathe properly. “I… I…”

 

The devil raised an eyebrow provocatively. “You? You what? You SELFISH BASTARD!!!”

 

Donghae felt like something was about to explode in his chest. Hot tears rolled down his eyes. Those convictions were smothering him. Donghae wanted to protest and defend himself. Yet he was at a lost for words.

 

NO!!!!! I LOVE HIM!!! I KNOW I WAS A FOOL BUT I WILL DO ANYTHING TO RECOMPENSE…

 

“What do you mean by anything? You love yourself more than anything! He died for you. Twice! And what have you done so far? You don’t even want to give up your soul!!! You’re reserving everything for yourself! YOU SELFISH BASTARD!!!” Shesh bellowed.

 

THIS IS NOT TRUE! I LOVE HYUKKIE MORE THAN ANYTHING!!!! I WILL DO ANYTHING!!!! I WILL GIVE ANYTHING!!!

 

“Including your soul?” Shesh tilted his head as he eyed Donghae suspiciously.

 

Y…

 

Corner of the devil’s mouth began to curl up. Just say it! Finish it!

 

Donghae…?

 

Those syllables, though hardly audible, shot into Donghae’s head. The voice possessed the unique power to immediately draw Donghae’s attention. Whatever Donghae was trying to scream in his mind was abruptly cut off.

 

Donghae’s eyes widened. He froze. Hyuk…kie…?

 

… Why are you here Donghae? What happened?

 

Hyukkie where are you?

 

Donghae didn’t hear any answer. It’s like Eunhyuk was gagged. Instead he felt a twinge in his heart. Donghae was horrified. Their hearts were connected (to a certain extent they remained connected). If Donghae could feel the twinge, what Eunhyuk was going through was at least 10 fold more serious…

 

HYUKKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Like a terrified kid Donghae was screaming with all his might. The next second he ignored the devil and turned around. He had to find Eunhyuk. He had to… Nothing could be more important…

 

“Hey how dare you trespass into my property!!” Shesh was fuming. He rushed forward to seize Donghae.

 

Though in total darkness Donghae felt darkness close in on him. It’s getting closer… and… closer…

 

……

 

Donghae ran straight into a wall.

 

We should thank that wall. Instinctively Donghae summoned magic within and a globe of golden flame formed on his palm. The devil was bounced off.

 

Turning his head over his shoulder Donghae was shocked. But that didn’t matter. At that split second Donghae could feel Eunhyuk again.

 

Magic… can shield you from… the devil…

 

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Rage burnt in Shesh’s eyes. Eunhyuk was gagged again.

 

Donghae gasped and resumed his run. HYUKKIE!!!! Hang in there!!! I’m coming!!!

 

Without wasting another second Donghae climbed up the stairs. Shesh was chasing him. Thanks to his magic (and God of course) the devil couldn’t do anything to Donghae.

 

……

 

Shesh cursed. He had never had things so out of control. He hated the 2 of them to his bones. HOW DARE YOU!!!!!

 

The everlasting stairs spiraled up. Light from the holy magic pierced through the darkness ahead… and shut the darkness behind…

 

Never ever give up hope… There’s still hope… right?

 

The stairs continued spiraling up…

 

HYUKKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Up and up Donghae climbed…

 

HYUKKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

……

 

There was a door.

 

Donghae banged it open… and he saw…

 

…… In the darkest corner of the world there is a tower. Inside the tower there’s a room lined with shelves. On the shelves numerous jars are neatly placed. Each jar is occupied by one tiny sphere of light. The jars are marked with names and dates.

 

Donghae froze for some seconds. Then he strode forward. His extended his hand to open the first jar he came across.

 

Before he could do anything the devil stumbled in and yelled. “FREEZE!!!! EVERY SINGLE MOVE YOU WRONG ME, I WILL AVENGE 10 TIMES ON HIM!!!!!!!!”

 

Donghae froze.

 

……

 

The name marked on that jar was Constanze S. Donghae looked at the soul. It was helpless… It was weeping… It was pleading… It was begging Donghae… Looking at the date it’s been imprisoned for more than 5 centuries… Please… PLEASE!!!! SAVE ME!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Donghae couldn’t help his tears when he stared at the soul begging him desperately… when he heard its cry mingled with anguish and despair so thick… Donghae shuddered…

 

Turning his head Donghae saw countless jars; the souls were jolting virgorously inside. It’s the first time in centuries they saw hope…

 

And then he heard not only one, but hundreds, thousands… uncountable number of souls pleading…. SAVE US!!!!! SAVE US!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

SAVE US!!!!!

 

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

SAVE US!!!!!

 

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Donghae’s eyes widened. He choked on his own tears, lips tightened. Trembling all over the devil’s earlier accusation echoed in his head. YOU SELFISH BASTARD!!!

 

Was he being selfish?

 

He imposed pain on Hyukjae already once. That was already something beyond redemption. How on earth could he cause Eunhyuk further agonies?

 

But… all those souls… pathetically… locked in the most miserable form…

 

……

 

Donghae closed his eyes and fell down on his knees. He lowered his head. Sobbing and clenching his fists Donghae whispered. “I am sorry… I… can’t…”

 

That whisper was a loud gong to all the souls…

 

Maybe it was a punishment way more cruel to have hope blinked in front of them and then to have it eradicated again. The souls were weeping more seriously. They protested more desperately. They accused Donghae loudly. The glared at Donghae furiously.

 

Donghae dared not raise his head. He hated himself. He’s useless. He’s a total loser… The devil was right. He’s just a selfish bastard.

 

I am sorry…

 

……

 

Donghae… go ahead…

 

Hyukkie… I can’t…

 

Go ahead Donghae. There’s finally some meaning to all we’ve been through…

 

Stubbornly Donghae shook his head. More tears rolled down his cheeks.

 

Please Donghae. I beg you… If you love me, please do this for me…

 

And then… Donghae felt the twinge in his heart get more severe. He’s not sure if that’s due to Eunhyuk’s sufferings; or that the bitterness in his mouth had just sunk into his own heart…

 

Hyukkie… I love you…

 

Donghae… I love you too…

 

It pained him so much. Slowly Donghae straightened himself up. Shaking uncontrollably he extended his hand again. The jar felt cold, sending shivers up his arm. Another wave of hot tears streamed down his eyes when he tightened his grip… and opened the jar…

 

……

 

The soul flew out of the jar. It would reunite with its owner’s flesh, making her human again (after centuries). Constanze S. was redeemed. Donghae heard her scream of joy… and more clearly Eunhyuk’s scream of torment… Donghae gasped. His eyes squeezed shut. That was… a lot of pain…

 

Hyukkie… I love you…

 

Love knows no fear….

 

Love can conquer pain…

 

Donghae heard Eunhyuk clearly. He could feel the other clearly. Unlike the situation earlier, the devil didn’t silence Eunhyuk. He wanted Donghae to listen. He wanted to have Donghae’s nerves paralyzed by those distressful cries and agonies. The tighter the 2 of them were connected the better.

 

Despite that Donghae continued.

 

Justin H.

Haruko A.

Xiaopan Z.

Anja V.

......

 

You’re reading this in a world without vampires. This is why. It’s all because of Eunhae.

 

Claire N.

Max B.

Gina T.

Jean G.

……

 

Remember that day. That was the day when Eunhae took on all sufferings for the world. For us. For you and me.

 

Edward C.

Casper N.

Mei X.

Akiko R.

……

 

That day, Eunhae day, should forever be remembered. Songs and poems should be composed… so that people would not forget…

 

Bella S.

Daisy C.

Urich P.

Piao Q.

……

 

Shesh was more than furious. He was extremely mad. He felt like being robbed. Unable to stop Donghae he crashed all his anger down on the soul of Eunhyuk… who had no other choice… but to take everything all in…

 

Dong… hae…

 

… Hyukkie… I’m sorry…

 

... Tell me... you… are… fine…

 

He knew what Eunhyuk needed. He knew where this dialog was going. Donghae shed more tears. Yes Hyukkie… I am fine…

 

That’s my… salvation… And… Donghae… Do… you… love… me…?

 

Those tears of Donghae could very likely drown him. I love you Hyukkie… I LOVE YOU!!!!

 

Thanks Donghae… I… am… smiling…

 

David H.

Hani K.

Michelle R.

Jano M.

 

At that moment the whole world could feel it. Siwon, Henry, Mina, Nina… They all felt it. They looked up at the sky. The sun looked different. The air felt different. The atmosphere smelled different. A heavy mist was lifted from the earth. They could breathe again.

 

And they couldn’t help it. Embracing each other, taking each other’s hands, they sang and danced and hugged. That day the world was clensed from vampires. It’s amazing right?

 

By stepping over Eunhae those souls were freed. Darkness was cast out of the world.

 

What was the last name? Jano M.

 

Yes that was the last name.

 

……

 

Yes that was the last name.

 

……

 

Correct. I repeat. Jano M. That – was – the – last – name.

 

Did you hear it? The devil was laughing…

 

Though it was a big slap on his face, Shesh was laughing his devilish laughs. Slowly he got up, his body shaking as he burst into laughter. There was an edge of revenge to it. Enjoying that priceless expression on Donghae’s face, the devil raised his head and squeezed Eunhyuk’s soul again.

 

“I told you! You will never find him!!!” Yes he was plundered. However like always, Shesh would come out on the winning side!

 

The name Donghae was hoping for… one we were all waiting for… was not there…

 

 

---------------------------------------

A/N: OMG!!! Only until now I realize how scary Shesh really was!!!! >_<

A/N2: Does anyone know any good site where I can post some non-FF fics?

A/N3: Eunhae changed the world!!!!