Prologue

The Road to Redemption

Let’s start with the first question shall we? Here is how the first vampire came to exist.

 

The devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.

 

Imagine you have time as much as eternity but nothing to do. It’s a torture right? That’s exactly what Shesh was facing. He was bored to death. Death was not an option to him. He would not die. He’s immortal, a fallen angel dwelling in the world of eternal darkness.

 

Shesh entered the human world.

 

It was a moonless night in summer. The village was filled with peace and tranquility as usual.

 

The devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.

 

Rosie was sitting alone in a tavern. She was upset and she was drunk. Rosie was beautiful. But beauty does not always come with happiness in life.

 

A few drunken fellows approached her. All Rosie did was to give them disdainful stares. There was only one person who mattered to her. She thought she was the luckiest woman on earth when they got married. Nevertheless that one person was sleeping with another woman in their bedroom now. That . That really mattered.

 

Rosie thought about what she should do. No not that easy. Her husband and that , they would see. They would pay for this. They definitely would.

 

Shesh heard it.

 

He took the seat opposite her. Rosie looked up, prepared to repeat her disdainful stare only to be captured by the gaze of the other. He was charming, possessing the aura which could take your breath away. His smile could melt. His gaze was soft but penetrating. Honestly even if a girl was told that his kiss could kill, she would willingly offer her life. And that’s what Rosie did.

 

“What’s the name of this stunning lady in front of me?” He took and kissed her hand.

 

“R… Rosie…” She stuttered and found her eyes locked on him like a fool.

 

“And who is this fool who dared to upset my Rosie? My dearest?” His eyes were paralyzing her.

 

That was a bit too much for her to take. Rosie closed her eyes and tried to pull herself together. “Let’s not talk about that…”

 

“Oh but it pained me so much seeing my dearest Rosie so upset here. Ever since I stepped into this tavern, ever since I set my eyes on you Rosie, I was captured by you. I knew then the only mission in my life is to make you happy. Come on sweet heart. Tell me.” He extended his hand to caress her face.

 

That sent electricity through her body. She wept and spilled out everything inside. How unfairly she was treated. How much she was hurt. How cunning that was.

 

Usually when one could find somebody willing to listen and ventilate one’s emotions out, he or she would feel relieved afterwards. However the exact opposite was happening to Rosie. The more she talked about her feelings, the more she looked into those soul capturing eyes, more anger and hatred and stronger desire for revenge was stirred up inside.

 

“Dear Rosie. I think you should kill them. What do you think?” Shesh took a sip of his wine.

 

Rosie shuddered when she found herself on the verge of saying “YES!”

 

Shesh placed his glass of wine in front of Rosie. “Drink this my dear. Then you can do whatever you want. All your problems will be solved.”

 

He stood up and walked to stand beside Rosie. Slowly he leaned forward, lifted her chin and kissed her fully on the lips. Rosie felt like disoriented. Before she could comprehend what just happened he left, carefully concealing his smirk on his way out.

 

Rosie looked down at the glass of wine. Was it her imagination? Her anger filled eyes? Or that she was drunk? The wine had turned blood red…

 

The next morning Rosie’s husband was found dead in his house, together with a woman who was not Rosie. Their throats were ripped open. Their eyes widened in horror and disbelief.

 

The strange thing was no one heard anything. Whatever happened finished in the blink of an eye, before one could let out a whimper. More to that… not a single drop of blood remained. Not in the house. Not in the bodies…

 

And Rosie was nowhere to be found…

 

-----------------------

A/N: I'm sorry there's no Eunhae in the prologue. But there will be!!! Trust me!!!