The Magic (Part 2)

The Road to Redemption

Blankets dropped onto the floor.

 

Hyukjae started getting dizzy and his vision became blurry as the magical current consumed him. Shaking of his body intensified and he was terrified. He shifted his eyes to look at Donghae.

 

Donghae wanted to help Hyukjae but he didn’t know how. He saw Hyukjae’s face turn write, sweat roll down his forehead and that his breathing gradually became short and shallow gasps. “Hyukkie… HYUKKIE!!! Stop the magic!!!”

 

Hyukjae couldn’t speak. But Donghae could hear the shaky and helpless cries in his mind. He could see Hyukjae’s eyes gradually lose focus; slowly becoming hollow. I can’t… Donghae… W… What should… I… do…? Donghae…

 

Donghae gripped Hyukjae’s wrists. He gasped in pain and squeezed his eyes shut immediately. The touch sent searing pain through his body. Hyukjae’s body was burning. Despite the burn Donghae bit his lip and tightened his grip. “HYUKKIE!!!”

 

At that time the feeling of losing Hyukjae hit Donghae. Fear had the firmest hold of Donghae’s heart. His eyes widened and he shook his head. “NO HYUKKIE!!! HYUKKIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

Donghae embraced Hyukjae. It was like he’s embracing fire. He felt his tears and blood sizzle and evaporate. He felt like the 2 of them were being burnt alive. Amazingly that brought calm into his heart. Hyukkie we stay together… no matter what… No matter how much pain it means… we… stay… to…ge…ther…

 

……

 

Hyukjae’s body went limp and he collapsed in Donghae’s arms. His head rested on Donghae’s shoulder as he fainted.

 

It was gone all of a sudden. A moment ago it was burning hot. The next moment when the magical current died down Donghae felt the chilling breeze flowing in from the window.

 

It took some time for Donghae to register it’s over. He sighed in relief. With the greatest care he laid Hyukjae down onto the bed. Cautiously, like Hyukjae was the most fragile and delicate being on earth, Donghae wiped away the tears and sweat on Hyukjae’s face.

 

For a long time Donghae was there looking at Hyukjae. His hand caressed Hyukjae’s face tenderly. Hyukkie you’re so beautiful… Tears blurred his vision as he realized how precious Hyukjae was to him. Not that he didn’t know before. Just at that point in time the feeling was so strong it overwhelmed him. His inside was yearning so much to love; to cherish and to be with the other. The love within him became so vast that it’s bursting out of his chest, overflowing his eyes.

 

Drops of tears were dripping from Donghae’s eyes onto Hyukjae’s face. Donghae gently brushed them away with his thumb. Slowly he crawled onto the bed and wrapped Hyukjae in his arms. He let his lips linger on the other’s cheek. The sense of sweetness travelled from the kiss to Donghae’s heart; and from there to his soul.

 

And Donghae didn’t know why; or if it made any sense. At that moment he somehow got the feeling that the days ahead wouldn’t be easy. However he was determined. Hyukkie we stay together no matter what. No matter how much pain, how many hardships it means, never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. I’d do anything… I’d give anything… just to have you by my side…

 

Donghae closed his eyes and slowly drifted into sleep.

 

And Donghae sincerely meant what he said. Just he had no idea about the degree and length of sufferings he’s going to endure.

 

Since then to them magic was no longer something to aspire to. It’s no longer funny. They were not even willing to mention magic. It’s better to keep a distance.

 

One day they continued exploring their secret wonderland. The fragrance of blossoms directed their steps. At the end they discovered a slope covered with countless kinds of flowers; and a lot of other plants. Both of them were so excited they broke into a run and threw themselves onto the slope.

 

“Hyukkie look!! Each petal of these flowers has a unique color!!”

 

“Unbelievable…”

 

“Shapes of their petals are different as well!!”

 

“Donghae let’s pick some and bring them home? I’d like to give noona a gift.” Hyukjae set out to work immediately.

 

As Hyukjae was occupied with choosing the best combination Donghae quietly sneaked up behind him. Hyukjae gasped and froze when suddenly Donghae hugged him from behind.

 

“Hyukkie…” Wearing an evil grin Donghae’s lips softly brushed against Hyukjae’s cheek as he whispered.

 

That sent electricity through Hyukjae’s body. “W…What…?” He stammered. His heart started pounding hard. His face was warming up and most probably changing color as well.

 

Slowly Donghae planted kisses up along Hyukjae’s jaw line. Softly he tasted Hyukjae’s ear lobe. The evil grin on his face widened as he spoke into Hyukjae’s ear. “What about me Hyukkie? Where is my gift?”

 

Hyukjae found that he had difficulty breathing. “Arr… Donghae… Stop it…”

 

“If there’s no gift for me I have no choice but to take you Hyukkie… not that I complain…” Gently Donghae bit Hyukjae’s ear lobe.

 

Hyukjae’s heart was jumping irregularly inside his ribcage. His blood was boiling up and his knees threatened to give way. “O… Of course… there… w… will… be a… gift… for y… you…”

 

Donghae tightened his grip on Hyukjae. “But I’d rather have you Hyukkie…” Teasingly he traced down Hyukjae’s jaw line with his lips.

 

Hyukjae didn’t know what to do. He was shaking helplessly. “D… Donghae… Stop… Let… go… of… me… Please…” He wanted to struggle but it’s like Donghae had paralyzed him.

 

Seeing that Donghae very much wanted to burst out laughing. Hyukjae was the cutest and most innocent person ever. Satisfied, Donghae decided that the teasing was enough. “OK Hyukkie… Do not let me down. Get me the best or else… you will pay for it…” Caressing the other side of Hyukjae’s face Donghae stamped the deepest kiss onto Hyukjae’s cheek. He released him.

 

His heart still racing inside him, Hyukjae drew in a deep breath. Moments later he shifted his eyes to look at Donghae, who was again smiling the triumphant grin; his face glowing, his eyes sparkling under the sun, his hair being combed by the soft breeze of wind. That made Hyukjae’s heart skip a beat. He gulped and blushed; and lowered his head as he quickly walked away. He didn’t realize though. Corner of his mouth had curled into a smile.

 

Watching Hyukjae shyly walk away Donghae was finding it hard to suppress the thrills circulating like crazy inside him. He lay down on the grassland, closed his eyes and replayed in his head what just happened (maybe imagining further).

 

On the other hand it as well took Hyukjae some time to have his heartbeat slowed down and the color of his face returned to normal. When finally his mind was in a state capable of resuming what he was doing before, Hyukjae’s eyes were captured by something high up the slope.

 

There was a rose, clothed in a color as bright as blood. The rose was gleaming. It’s dripping beauty, locking and enchanting every eye it could capture. A more accurate description should be it’s seducing every victim it could get…

 

Mesmerized, Hyukjae’s feet acted on their own. His steps, one after another, were drawn towards the rose. His eyes were locked. They only saw the rose. Everything else was black and white…

 

……

 

The rose was right in front of Hyukjae. Its scent was whispering to him. Slowly Hyukjae extended his hand…

 

……

 

Spikes pierced through his delicate fingertips. Hyukjae gasped and jerked his hand back. He looked down at his hand and saw blood slowly oozing out from the tip of his index finger. A pearl of blood was formed…

 

The pearl was black…

 

That’s the last thing he saw before the whole world became black…

 

Hearing Hyukjae gasp in pain Donghae was snapped back to reality. He jolted up and saw Hyukjae lying unconscious at the bottom of the slope. “HYUKKIE!!!” Donghae broke into a run.

 

He threw himself beside Hyukjae. “HYUKKIE!!!” Hyukjae’s hand, enveloped in Donghae’s, was freezing cold. There’s no reply even when Donghae was screaming the hardest into Hyukjae’s mind….

 

Chills crept onto Donghae.

 

It’s the first time Donghae couldn’t feel the other. Hyukjae was not there.

 

……

 

No… No… NO!!! This can’t be!!! Just a moment ago you’re in my arms…

… This is not happening… THIS IS NOT HAPPENING!!!!

 

Donghae put Hyukjae onto his back and ran. He had to carry Hyukjae to the healer as quickly as possible… as soon as possible… before… it’s… too late…

 

To do that Donghae had to make it through the cave. Once inside it’s totally dark. When they walked side by side before they could feel their way. But now with Hyukjae on his back it’s difficult.

 

Donghae didn’t allow himself to feel, to think about or even to notice how hard it would be to get through the cave like this. He didn’t allow himself to slow down. He kept calling Hyukjae in his mind. Hyukkie!! Hang in there!! This will be over soon… Hyukkie!!!

 

Nevertheless it’s really not easy. Not knowing there’s a step Donghae tripped and fell hard onto the slippery ground. When he tried to stagger up he slipped and rolled down the slope. That gave Donghae bruises nearly all over. However he didn’t feel any of them. What he felt was… Hyukjae… was not there…

 

He lost him.

 

“HYUKKIE!!!!” Donghae crawled around like crazy.

 

……

 

Donghae kept searching…

 

……

 

He couldn’t find him.

 

……

 

He couldn’t feel him.

 

……

 

In total darkness he couldn’t see him. “HYUKKIE!!!!”

 

NO!!! This is not happening!!! NO!!!!!

 

Tears streamed down Donghae’s eyes. He clenched his fists. He fisted the ground in total frustration. He’s helpless.

 

……

 

NO!!! Don’t take Hyukkie away from me… Please!!!

I’d do anything… I’d give anything… Just to have him back…

Bring Hyukkie back to me…

God please… I beg you…

BRING HYUKKIE BACK TO ME!!!!!

 

……

 

Streams of warmth surged out and circulated inside Donghae. Ripples of force flowed inside his veins. The warmth and force gathered at Donghae’s right fist. Something inside was giving out light. Donghae opened his hand and saw…

 

a globe of golden flame floating above his palm…

 

And with light Donghae could see… Hyukjae lying not far away beside him…

 

By the time Donghae reached the healer his feet were badly blistered. A pain was burning inside his chest. Every breath was like a knife puncturing him… And Hyukjae’s body was as cold as ice, his face as white as snow…

 

God kept His words. Hyukjae was brought back. It was a miracle. Though having fallen victim to the most deadly poison, Hyukjae was restored to life.

 

Donghae didn’t remember he had passed out. At one point sunshine poked his eyelids. He opened them. Tilting his head he saw Hyukjae lying on a bed next to him. Too exhausted to even lift a finger, Donghae strained his mind…

 

Hyukjae was there. He could feel him again. Relieved, exhaustion overtook Donghae… Hyukkie… I’d do anything… I’d give anything…

 

……

 

And Donghae kept his words as well. He’d do anything. He’d give anything… just to have Hyukjae back.

 

It’s just…

 

Did that something exist at all? Was there anything that Donghae could do, that Donghae was capable of giving, to have Hyukjae back?

 

He shuddered at the thought.

 

Inside the inn, in the guest room, as Donghae looked up at the sky through the window he pleaded sincerely. Silently he screamed with all his heart. I’d do anything… I’d give anything… Just to have him back… Bring Hyukkie back to me… God please… I beg you… Bring Hyukkie back to me…

 

Let’s hope that that something existed. Let’s keep our fingers crossed.

 

 

------------------------

A/N: The days ahead wouldn't be easy... >_<

A/N2: Seriously guys I would like to ask for your help. I hope my writing has improved and I really want to keep improving. So please let me know what's good what's bad in your opinion OK? Anything~~~ Anything~~~ Just tell me. Sincerely I need them. Even what topics would be good (that may become my next story!!!). Highly appreciated!!! ^^