The Miracle

The Road to Redemption

So I see that you do believe in miracles?

 

Today I reveal to you a mystery. Please always remember this.

 

There’s this one thing on earth which possessed such power.

 

The power strong enough to kill death together with the eternal torments that came with it;

 

sharp enough to slice open darkness and pierce all the way through to its very core;

 

fathomless enough to light flames of hope out of extreme despair and helplessness;

 

mighty enough to plunge into hell and rescue whatever being heavily chained and deeply buried in hopeless doom;

 

awesome enough to splinter the darkest curses and replace them with blessings;

 

solemn enough to make the devil tremble.

 

……

 

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

 

Love is never tired of waiting. Love is kind. Love has no envy. Love has no high opinion of itself. Love has no pride.

 

Love’s ways are ever fair. It takes no thought for itself. It is not quickly made angry. It takes no account of evil. It takes no pleasure in wrongdoing, but has joy in what is true.

 

Love has the power of undergoing all things, having faith in all things, hoping all things.

 

Though the prophet’s word may come to an end, tongues come to nothing, and knowledge has no more value, love has no end.

 

Love never fails.

 

Love never fails to make miracles happen.

 

……

 

Donghae cut his wrist with his sword… With every pulse blood surged and streamed down from the cut…

 

The blood dropped onto Eunhyuk’s marble white face, trickled down his cheek, seeped between his lips, slid down his tongue, rolled down his throat…

 

The blood tasted sweet, sweetest ever. It’s warm, the most soothing ever. It’s…

 

different…

 

Eunhyuk’s eyes flickered open. He gasped. Bluish silver light…

 

Wait a minute…

 

It’s no mistake this time. Yes bluish silver light shone brightly in the corridor. It enveloped Donghae…

 

……

 

What do you think? Why did vampires feed on human blood?

 

They thirsted for blood?

 

No.

 

They thirsted for love.

 

The darkest curse was when one’s soul was captured by the devil. But that’s not the curse itself. The curse was when the hands of darkness were gripping the soul so tight that it’s no longer possible for that someone to be connected, to be touched, to be understood, to – be – loved.

 

The flow of love, blocked by the hands of darkness, was stopped.

 

As time went by, the soul was drained and suffocated. It screamed and protested undergoing agonies caused by the lack of love. The person then became a vampire, a creature that blood out of others as a desperate attempt to find love.

 

Though nobody had ever revealed to them, and they didn’t really understand, somehow deep down inside their basic instinct told them where to look for the cure – other human beings, who were still capable of giving love. (Remember I told you vampires couldn’t feed on animal blood. This is why.)

 

However their effort would never pay off. No matter how much blood the vampires claimed, they couldn’t get the tiniest glimpse of love. You simply couldn’t force or threaten others to love you. Those would just earn you more hatred and pain.

 

The cure… was plain and simple.

 

When someone offered his / her blood to you, not being asked, not being forced, not being taken, but without any reason, simply out of pure love, the curse would be lifted.

 

Blood was the medium. It’s the flow of love which got restored. The soul would then be drenched with love again. The power of love was capable of rescuing the poorest soul, no matter how firmly it’s being locked in darkness, how hopelessly it’s being imprisoned in hell. Just let it flow. Let love flow. Darkness would shatter. It would melt. The soul would be freed.

 

For centuries human beings and vampires didn’t know. They killed each other. Together they created a world full of grief and tortures.

 

It’s ironic.

 

Eunhyuk was running away from Donghae. To him Donghae was the person who turned him into a vampire. He never knew… he’s running away from the only person on earth who could save him.

 

And during the whole time Donghae strived his hardest to look for the cure. He thought he had to endure a lot, fight a lot, give up a lot. He never knew… the cure was with him from the beginning.

 

There’s not always a second chance. Most of the time there would not be.

 

But with love… there might be...

 

……

 

The magic was like a warm blanket wrapped around Donghae, stopping the bleeding; healing the scratches. Magic from Eunhyuk, sorry that was Hyukjae, at that time was more powerful than ever, amazingly powerful.

 

Crumbling of the tower didn’t stop though.

 

“Donghae!!! Wake up!!!” Hyukjae gently slapped Donghae’s face and started carrying the other onto his back.

 

Donghae was still feeling dizzy. He heard Hyukjae but thought he’s dreaming. When he weakly opened his eyes he couldn’t believe he was being carried by Hyukjae.

 

Hyukjae was carrying Donghae and running out of the corridor. Behind them the corridor collapsed like the mouth of a monster who was trying to engulf them.

 

Well it’s not so good sometimes when you’re not a vampire anymore. Hyukjae was not as fast as Eunhyuk.

 

DONGHAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Donghae jerked his head as he was snapped back to reality by the best wake up call in his head.

 

The next second Donghae grabbed Hyukjae’s hand…

 

When they reached the room lined with shelves the windows were half blocked. As the tower continued to sink into the earth sand and mud and stones were flooding in. The opening left was fast closing up…

 

……

 

Right when they stepped out onto the solid ground, Donghae fell down and collapsed.

 

For long Donghae remained like that…

 

Come to think of it. Donghae had come all this way, this long long way to the end of the world. He was heavily beaten by the devil. He was injured. He had undergone a lot of pain, shed a lot of blood…

 

Seeing his dearest out of danger… maybe… Donghae’s life mission was over…

 

No… this can’t be…

 

Kneeling beside Donghae’s blood-stained, unmoving body, under the moonlight Hyukjae didn’t know what to do. His heart had stopped. All he could do was to shake his head. He couldn’t help his tears.

 

Hesitantly Hyukjae extended his hand to touch Donghae’s face. “Donghae… Please … Wake up… Tell me… you are… OK?”

 

……

 

“Donghae!! DONGHAE WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!” Hyukjae yelled and cried and protested. All of a sudden impact of Donghae’s words crashed down on him. How an idiot couldn’t bear…

 

“I don’t want this Donghae!! DONGHAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Hyukjae clenched his fists. His tears splattered onto the ground. He felt like something had just stabbed his heart.

 

“COME BACK!!!!!!!! YOU DON’T!!!!! COME BACK!!!!!!!!” Hyukjae stared at Donghae, his fingers digging into Donghae’s arms, his body shaking, his throat burning, his tears blurring his vision…

 

……

 

You have to kiss me Hyukkie. Then…

 

Donghae was cut off. Hyukjae’s lips were on his… Hyukjae’s tears soaked his face…

 

Just tell me you’re OK!!! You idiot… YOU IDIOT!!!!!!

 

Hyukkie…

 

Why have you done all these? You… You… YOU IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

There’s no stopping of Hyukjae’s wailing now. He buried his face in Donghae’s chest. Tears kept pouring out of his eyes, drenching Donghae’s shirt. Hyukjae was trembling even more vigorously. His hands were gripping Donghae’s shirt desperately.

 

His heart aching, Donghae wrapped his arms around Hyukjae. Again, in his arms, his dearest felt so delicate, so fragile, so precious, so special, so much more worthy than anything. For long Donghae was there soothing Hyukjae, rubbing circles into Hyukjae’s back. Sorry Hyukkie… I’m sorry…

 

Donghae was just exhausted. Yet teasing Hyukjae was in his nerves since childhood time. However this time, seeing Hyukjae so lost and scared… it really pained Donghae. Gently Donghae cupped Hyukjae’s face with both his hands to make the other look at him. He looked into Hyukjae’s teary eyes. His heart was melted by those tears. And once again he couldn’t help surrendering his soul. Tenderly he closed his eyes and kissed Hyukjae. He was no longer sure whose tears were streaming down his face.

 

With the most tasty lips still on his, Donghae smiled. Hyukkie… I’m not leaving you…This time I really really will not let go of you… I love you…

 

……

 

Suddenly Donghae realized something. Hyukkie!!!

 

Those soft lips left Donghae’s, much to his reluctance and disappointment. As a kind of compensation, those beautiful eyes were looking down at him, questioning.

 

We all know now. But Donghae didn’t yet at that time.

 

“Hyukkie… your lips… are warm… your body is warm… your tears are… hot…”

 

Hyukjae’s lips curled to form the sweetest smile again. Timidly he nodded and sat up, wiping away his tears. His sobbing had not really stopped when he spoke. “Donghae… I think… you… s…saved me… Thank you…”

 

Donghae’s eyes widened. Gasping he sat up straight. “Really? How? In there? When?”

 

Hyukjae gazed at Donghae for some time. Slowly he leaned in and rested his head on Donghae’s chest, placing his one hand on Donghae’s shoulder, burying himself in Donghae’s embrace. The embrace was so comforting… so warm… so secure… so much filled with love. Hyukjae smiled. “I don’t know… Donghae. I only know… I’m Lee Hyukjae…”

 

Lee Hyukjae, the most beautiful name…

 

Lee Hyukjae, the most precious, the most important, the most special person to Donghae…

 

Lee Hyukjae… was back… in Donghae’s arms… really.

 

Joy filled Donghae’s chest. His inside was rejoicing and dancing. Was he dreaming? Was this really happening? Could God be lavishing so much mercy onto them? Donghae looked up at the moon. The moon was smiling back at him. The stars were winking. The breeze and leaves were singing and celebrating.

 

It’s not a dream… The nightmare’s finally over…

 

“Then…” Donghae tightened his hug, straining every cell to feel the most soothing warmth in his arms.

 

“What?” Hyukjae raised his head and looked up at Donghae.

 

Seeing the evil grin on Donghae’s face Hyukjae knew what’s in the other’s mind immediately. He frowned but Donghae just continued. “Hyukkie ar… then… shall we… continue the kiss…?”

 

Hyukjae pouted, unknowingly stirred up further thrills in Donghae. “Donghae!! You never change!!”

 

“Neither have you Hyukkie. You remain sweeter than strawberries.” And under the moon Donghae could see clearly. As Hyukjae shyly lowered his head, the milky white cheeks were tinged red.

 

He just couldn’t help it. Grinning Donghae planted kisses onto Hyukjae’s face, jawline, neck…

 

Tenderly…

 

Lovingly…

 

Passionately… even though they were given a lot of tomorrows…

 

-----------------------------

A/N: Should I write this? The prince and princess lived happily ever after! Epilogues will follow. Pls continue reading!!!! More Eunhae!!!

A/N2: Thank you for all your comments!!! I'm replying to all comments in the story's comment thread. Pls read them OK? ^^

A/N3: I hope youl like this ending. Again I repeat. Epilogues will follow. Pls stay tuned!!!!!! I will work on my next story v soon!!! Pls continue reading!!!! >_<