Chapter 26

Kiss And Tell

The next morning, you woke up to your mother’s voice, to your surprise. You opened an eye and groaned. She started asking you to get up from bed but you rolled your eyes and got below the bed sheets. This wasn’t what you wanted to happen when you meet her again. Her voice got lower, turning to a growl.

“Your fiancé is going to meet you in an hour, young woman. We’re going home to get you dressed up.” She said. Home? She must have meant her house. “What happened to you breaking up with that guy?” She must be referring to Hoya. You felt your heart drop to your stomach. Is she seriously doing this?

You quietly slipped your feet on your slippers and stood up. You walked as slowly as possible, thinking your mom might not notice it, but she shoved you outside the door and you stumbled into Hoya’s arms. He might have been listening.

You looked up at him, he opened his mouth to speak but your mom got out of your room and started packing some things up.

She disappeared in the bathroom and you quickly dragged Hoya inside your room and quickly locked it. You and he were breathing heavily as he pulled you into a hug. You hugged him so tightly that you think you might be crushing his ribs.

“Is the running away option still valid?” You quietly asked him as you buried your face in his shirt, you could smell his scent and hear his heartbeat. He chuckled, which you didn’t expect. He held you in arm’s length and grinned.

“It is, and it would always be.”

His smile slowly faded and both of you had the same thought.

Running away is impossible.

-

Your breathe hitched as you stood in front of the familiar scenery of your house, your father’s house. You stepped out of the taxi and you felt that your feet were stuck to the ground. You wanted to run back to Hoya, but your mother was holding you tightly.

“But mom, Jin Mi ahjumma is in the—“ Your voice faded away as the front door opened and your mother run in her arms, in your father’s other woman’s arms. Your jaw dropped and you stared at them in confusion. They are friends?

Your mother turned back to you and called you to come over. You snapped out of your daze and entered the house.

Everything happened too fast, the next thing you knew, you were dressed up in a simple lavender dress with matching one inch heels. You didn’t even have the time to ask them why they had a nice relationship when they should act like lionesses waiting to attack each other.

Finally, while your mother was putting on your make up for you, you lose it.

“What the hell is this all about?!” You spat out, she stared at you as if you said a curse word. “You…you and her should be enemies right now! Dad cheated on you with her!”

As soon as you ended your outburst, she didn’t look fazed and you thought she would beat you up or something. Instead, she laughed and held on your shoulder for support. She stopped laughing after a minute and wiped the tears from the corner of her eyes.

“Oh…I forgot to tell you,” she said and you looked at her. “Your father and I have divorced a long time ago. You moved in with another family at that time that’s why I or your father didn’t have the chance to tell you. I knew he was cheating on me, and I didn’t care about it at all. Because…everything fades away. Even love. When I met her when I got back in Seoul, she turned out to be my childhood best friend and his first love.” You blinked at her and it took a few seconds before everything sinks in. Anger surged inside your heart and you felt like saying something back but something about what she said made your heart drop.

Even love fades away?

Your heart turned numb. What if Hoya wouldn’t love me anymore?

-

You entered the café that your mother told you about. ‘He’s a little taller than you, maybe about 5 inches. He’s a little chubby. Don’t worry, we told him what you’d be wearing.’ You didn’t even know why you still went here, why didn’t you just run away earlier? Maybe you felt sorry for the poor guy.

As soon as you stepped forward, a guy from the corner of the area stood up and waved his hand. He was exactly what they had described. Though they forgot to tell that he was cute.

You shook your head, you have Hoya. He has you. So why look at anybody else?

You inhaled deeply and walked to him. He grinned at you and you noticed that his eyes disappeared. You laughed quietly and he gestured you to sit down.

“Hello. I’m Kim Sunggyu.” He said. “You must be you?” You nodded your head and looked around awkwardly. “This is so awkward. I’m sorry for pulling you into this trouble. Can you keep a secret?” You raised an eyebrow at him.

“But we just met.” You muttered. He chuckled at you.

“You look so trustworthy.” He said, he leaned in forward and cupped his hands around your ear, his breathe made you shiver. “I have a boyfriend.” He sat back and watched your reaction.

“Really? You looked like you’re a straight person.” You said bluntly. “Well I have a boyfriend too. So what do we do now? They got us arranged to be married.”

“His name is Nam Woo Hyun, by the way. I’m not gay, he is.” He laughed. Your eyes widened. Nam Woo Hyun…the guy is Hoya’s friend. “And that’s easy; we could get married and then divorce afterwards.”

You pouted and leaned on your arms that were crossed on the table. “Do you have any better plans than that, Sunggyu-sshi?”

He bit his lower lip and pulled out his phone. He surfed it until his eyes widened and he grinned at you again. You noticed that he looked like a hamster.

“I’ve got the right person to help us out.”

-

So how are you guys?

INFINITE won the Dance Battle yesterday!! Woohoo! Good job, trolls!

Too bad they performed their goodbye stage today D:

GIFS, guys? :D

COUPLE, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD WHERE'S DONGWOO?! HE MUST SEE THIS!